Jumi´s builds

Post your builds up here! You can also discuss the various characters and enemies of Drangleic!

Re: Jumi´s builds

Postby Clarkie13D » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:42 am

Clarkie13D wrote:
Jumilaattori wrote:In general, like I said CB 2H. If you want a competitive build then dark CB with resonant weapon 2H only. Flynn´s blades, life/stamina or whatever you prefer. 10 vit almost base reqs for cb 17-20 int/fth with king´s crown.

But Res Wep without a Faith stat investment lasts like, 10 secs?

There´s 20-23 faith.

Hmm...
I make that 20-30 points of stat investment from base INT and FAITH for 50 points of damage on a CB?
Surely Dark Resin (or any Resin) a better bet?
I should be workin.....
Clarkie13D

PSN Name: Clarkie13b & Oolan

Advertisement

Postby Jumilaattori » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:35 am

I wouldn´t make a build like that cause it has too much power and its sub par when buffs are out.

But with 10 vit you got points to spare. 50 AR is quite a lot and adds up with flynn´s.

I´ve allready gone pure dex route, imo its more fun and versatile.
Hated by most Loved by few Respected by all
Jumilaattori

Postby Clarkie13D » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:17 am

Jumilaattori wrote:I wouldn´t make a build like that cause it has too much power and its sub par when buffs are out.

But with 10 vit you got points to spare. 50 AR is quite a lot and adds up with flynn´s.

I´ve allready gone pure dex route, imo its more fun and versatile.

I'll keep asking with this one Jumi as I use CB and it's the only build I feel experienced to comment on:

Running Res/Dark wep with CB AND Flynns only makes sense at 30-40 Dex.
That means a lot of stats to run a buff that adds what - 30-50 Dark AR over and above resin?
Far better to put the stats in End to 135 and ATT to run Sacred Oath to further improve AR AND your squishy defence due to the required light armour AND get an agility bonus - IMO.
So yeah, for me, pure dex Flynn CB with SO and Resin is way better than any Hex buff even when the buff is active.

I don't get how you have "too much power" with a Flynns CB hex-buff build mate? What am I missing?

EDIT:
I missed that you said use a dark CB.
OK I tried that, with Dark bonus around 135 the Dark AR was 175+ about 45 IIRC.
Buff adds 50 + 30/50%? say 325-360 dark AR
Vs 40 dex with SO 500AR all Phys.
I get that generally peoples Dark Defence is less, but I wouldn't call that OP?
Especially as the SO build has an extra 75 defence - which you REALLY need.
I should be workin.....
Clarkie13D

Postby Jumilaattori » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:39 am

Dark CB for int/faith :)

Why not just 25 dex and the str req? Most of the dmg you deal is dark. Yet you still benefit from red tearstone and some weapons get full boost from blades.

The difference is vs pure physical builds with high mitigation and low elemental defenses + your base elemental defenses.

I prefer pure dex for flynn´s and without. Not even resin, imo dmg is plenty in this game allready and the higher the dex the more versatility.

What stats you got with SO and what´s your ring setup?
Jumilaattori

Postby Clarkie13D » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:18 pm

Hey Jumi
I just did a little testing with Dark CB on the hammer guys in the mines
Res and Dark - 10 damage difference. Res properly nerfed now.
Confirmed staffs and Chimes made no difference.
Dark CB 2H with 165 Dark Bonus hit for 717 when buffed, about 390 without.
(A 40 dex CB 2H no buff hit for 690 or 800 with Dark Resin)
I think the FAITH and INT stats were around 30.
I went no further with that! :(

I will have a look now at running SO with and without Flynns, but I'm leaning toward pure [email protected] or 50
I think SO and Flynns will be iffy, also interested in the duration of SO with base or medium Faith.
Will get back shortly.....
I should be workin.....
Clarkie13D

Postby Clarkie13D » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:02 pm

Ok I did 2 CB Flynn builds, with and without SO.
The long and short of it was that i had a more flexible build without, that hit 80 damage less than with SO.
Circa 700 vs nearly 800.
I can live with that.
( For comparison - A PS CB L1 @40 Dex was about 800)
I liked the stats without SO to be able to keep equip below 60%,
In other words, a fast, mobile toon, with longish roll and good i-frames and stamina regen, which i think is consistant with a Lightweight Flynn philosophy
I hit the 60.5 Poise breakpoint but had to use RoG to do it.
You could easily save that slot by using Fugly armour - not an option for me.
I went with:

VGR 60, END 35, VIT 16, ATN 10, STR12, DEX40, ADP 22, Base INT & FTH
150SL, 2007HP
Flynns, Blades, Protection, Giants
A more aggressive player would swop Protection for Stone, perhaps?
I had a Rapier, Blossom Shield and Warmth to heal, much more Dex variety available if you want to equip to 70%
Using Life Ring and putting the stats in Dex or ATN for a little Pyro worked ok too, but the whole point of a LW build should be not to get hit?

I'd caveat all this with your point that most peeps have far less Dark defence, so if you can live with the crux of needing the buff, you may well be right about how well it actually works.
I prefer the Pure Dex CB build.
Just like the one i had in DS1
:)
I should be workin.....
Clarkie13D

Postby Jumilaattori » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:11 am

Clarkie13D wrote:VGR 60, END 35, VIT 16, ATN 10, STR12, DEX40, ADP 22, Base INT & FTH
150SL, 2007HP
Flynns, Blades, Protection, Giants
A more aggressive player would swop Protection for Stone, perhaps?

Stone is only good for DW light weapons or if you insist on some 1h setup with a low poise weapon. Giants is totally useless and weights a lot, swap it to 3rd dragon. If protection means life+2 then good if you dw or PS then stone otherwise, life+2 best bet.

Drop vgr to 50 it matters not, you just waste 10 points. Why is atn 10? I think you should drop vit to 10 and pump adp to 100 agility or even to 105 or even to 110 if you leave str to 12.

Weapon setup something light like CB only or puzzling stone sword with old whip as a back up. Puzzle you can also use 1H and spam that R2 xD Or whatever weapon setup you can fit and staying below 50% important imo.
Jumilaattori

Postby WyrmHero » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:16 pm

Since the CB requires so much Dex requirement (25 Dex) I'd go pure physical + resin as well. After last patch CB got the scaling increase so it's worth the 40 Dex. I'd go DW on a dark Uchi or Berserker Blade.
WyrmHero

PSN Name: WyrmHero1945

Postby Clarkie13D » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:20 am

Jumilaattori wrote:Giants is totally useless and weights a lot, swap it to 3rd dragon. If protection means life+2 then good if you dw or PS then stone otherwise, life+2 best bet.

I wouldn't say Giants is useless.
It gave a 25% defence increase on my light armour set up, adding nearly 100 points.
3rd dragon makes using Flynns even harder, but since i did this, i've learned that a few lost AR points is well worth the VIT to wear some decent armour and up your defence, so it is viable.
I agree about Life+2 instead of Stone, especially with CB, i died to my own Blade a couple of times before making that change.

I did have another crack with Dark CB and buffs but really couldn't get it to the levels you described. really not sure what i'm doing wrong there but i'd still take a Dex and resin everytime - agree with Wyrm here.

Toon is doing well in randoms, time to get on the chat and give it a real test. ;)
I should be workin.....
Clarkie13D

Postby Jumilaattori » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:49 am

Clarkie13D wrote:I wouldn't say Giants is useless.
It gave a 25% defence increase on my light armour set up, adding nearly 100 points.
Do you mean soldier´s allowing you to use a bit heavier light pieces? Giants only adds poise and weights 5 units. And that poise will not help you at all in your light armor. Imo to get benefit from giant it needs to boost you over 100 poise easy. And then you need to do something like spam WD R1 with A curved GS with 75-99 END.

Clarkie13D wrote:3rd dragon makes using Flynns even harder, but since i did this, i've learned that a few lost AR points is well worth the VIT to wear some decent armour and up your defence, so it is viable.
Well you get stamina and life from 3rd dragon. Max dmg is 10 vit and yes 110% correct in trading some dmg for vit if it pleases you.

Clarkie13D wrote:I did have another crack with Dark CB and buffs but really couldn't get it to the levels you described. really not sure what i'm doing wrong there but i'd still take a Dex and resin everytime - agree with Wyrm here.

I approve.
Jumilaattori

Postby Clarkie13D » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:43 pm

Sorry - I meant Steel Protection.
I HAVE used Giants to get to a 60.5 BP with Fashion Armour/Flynns and maybe it was a placebo but I thought it was ok, but yeah, this aint DkS1 :)
I should be workin.....
Clarkie13D

Postby Jumilaattori » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:03 am

Merry xmas and happy new year to all! Been a while but been back for a month or so. Some of the builds on the front page are semi-outdated. Before going to the latest builds and setups, I recommend ng PvP, less tryhards, less overlv scrubs and 0% crit dmg which means that no parry fishing with jester and eventually a riposte that does 3k dmg. No bs fishing with buffed dagger or ultra that does 2,2k dmg. I´m actually enjoying the PvP immensely in ng, a shame I discovered it so late. If you´ve bad memories from ng+ PvP like I´ve and thought you´d never play again, I truly recommend starting a new toon, enjoying the quest, grinding for PvP and giving ng arena a proper shot.

Dex: (Knight)

50 Vgr
34 End
9 Vit
10 Att
25 Str
42 Dex
24 Adp

I used 32 soul vessels :lol: Went from 4 atn to 25, from 37 dex to 60 dex. 7 vit to 32 vit. 22 str to 25. From 100 agility to 105. Played a lot with different setups but the above is what I liked the most.

34 end is the breakpoint for an extra move. Quite difference to 20 end if you play aggro. 105 agility gives 1 invi frame over 100 agility. I couldn´t notice any difference. I recommend 100 agility to all builds. 98 was inferior thought, was getting hit mid roll several times.

10 ATT is for warmt, some say it´s cheap. I say:

-Long casting time that can be interupted with a throwing knife
-Heals both
-Caster has spent points to use it

Prevents back pedaling, forces them out of their comfort zone e.g never attack first. Prevents running unlocked and pressing R1 when opponent is in range. Favors aggro and controlling the zone. Imo adds spice. Not like it needs to be used in every fight, it´s situational.

25 Str for loyce GS and 42 dex for darkdrift PS.

For burden either 50% or 40%. Most ftw is to be under 40% with engraved gloves.

Rings: 3rd dragon,life+3,blades+2,flynn´s

Setups:

RH: Darkdrift
LH: Parrying dagger

RH1: Channeler´s trident poison infused
LH1: Channeler´s trident poison infused

RH2: Old whip
LH2: Pyro flame

After parry PS tridents and L2, 450 dmg + poison, punish moss with 2H R1 from whip, spank that ass. After riposte you want to get close to prevent moss and let the DoT work its magic :) I haven´t seen anyone use that riposte, it has picked up lately, got positive feedback hehe.

Darkdrift´s R2-R2 move set is sweet both 1H and 2H, use 2H r2s´ vs shields, mixing it with WD R1 and R1 slashes. 1H if you miss R2 and opponent rolls behind you or to your side, 2nd R2 is a pretty solid sweep that connects most times. Otherwise to connect 1st R2 with 1H requires opponent to miss his attack, you can´t go aggro and try to land it.

If you face 2H spear or poking setup lie some retarted 2H buffed rapier dude, use PS tridents and fish for L2 counter hit for poison and then swap to whip and spank that ass.

RH: Darkdrift
LH: Puzzling stone sword

Basic DW, here is R2-R2-L2 and then if opponent starts rolling around/towards you.. punish every roll with L1. Can be used very aggressively, mixing WD R1 and L1.

Other nice LH is dagger L1 spam from close range and L2 pokes. Either add back up weapons or be below 40%.

PS Dual claws infused to poison with sanctum soldier gloves and rat ring (instead of life+3) is fun. Warmth is used here, to force opponent to aggro and to small space. You inflict bleed and poison eventually, hard to win but fun. Below 30% here without backup weapons. Just L1 L1.

RH: Loyce GS
LH: Bonefist

RH1: Warped sword
LH1: Ice rapier

Very good setup, back up weapons for finishing the opponent and if opponent just starts rolling or back pedaling. R2-R2-L1-L1, switch stance with Loyce. If you land L1-L1 look what opponent does, it´s possible to land R2-R2 or R1 or jump atk as follow up.

Then there´s all the warped main setups with puzzling stone sword/ice rapier/ espada to offhand. PS rapiers with ice and espada to off with Leo ring.

My common setup to counter everything:

RH: Partizan

RH1: Warped
LH:1 Puzzling stone sword

RH2:Old whip

Can do warped PS or spear PS poke with PSS. Main setup Partizan + bone is good fun. I only use weapon 2H if opponents poise reqs it. Old whip as an exception but R2-R2 1H is good, 1st one as a bait and the 2nd usually hits.

Then there´s PS falchions infused to bleed or main as normal and buffed with bleed serum, with those I like to use PS spotted whips infused to poison.

Puzzling stone sword and ice rapier is a nice combo too as normal dw and as PS.

Just a few setups. Dex is very versatile, will not get boring. I´ll post Str next, mostly playing it nowdays.
Jumilaattori

Postby Fisto_ » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:16 am

I have 2 builds so far that I've been using, planning on making faith and hex build too, no need to make STR since its so similar to DEX or Quality build.

Half-Quality (SL150 Knight):

50 vig
35 end
10 vit
10 attune
25 str
40 dex
24 adp
3 int
6 fai

10 attune + 24 adp for 100 agil, plus Warmth if you need it in invasion or in between duels. Options for Loyce GS, DW Warped Swords, Chaos Blade, Estoc, Pate's Spear, and of course necessities like Umbral Dagger, Hunter's Blackbow, Pyro Flame, etc. Armor is w/e you want provided you're below 50% load. Shields for kiting out buffs or blocking in general are Lightning Watcher's Shield (also good vs physical attacks), Fire Cursed Bone shield, magic Magic Shield, and Dark Transgressor's shield. Rings to be Ring of blades +2, stone ring, 3rd dragon ring, and flynn's ring

Warlock (SL150 Sorcerer):

40 vgr
20 end
10 vit
30 attune
18 str
16 dex
17 adp
48 int
4 fai

Black Hood is a must because you're going to be using magic staff of wisdom. Magic Watcher's GS, magic Shadow dagger, and of course the shields listed above. Rings are 3rd dragon ring, stone ring, life ring +3, and Sorcery clutch ring. Armor again is w/e you want but should be <50% load and have black hood. Spells are any combination of sorceries you wish, I like using 2 Homing Crystal Soul masses and 2 Crystal Soul Spears, most other sorceries are gimmicks.
Fisto_

PSN Name: FistoTheDefiler, ArchiacDemon_

Postby Jumilaattori » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:24 am

Str is a whole different ball game, I´ve spent most of the time with dex, enjoying Str immensely, def worth making.

Try shortbow, it has quick draw. Warped is better with a different offhand like puzzling stone sword,fume sword,darkdrift,ice rapier or espada.

Umbral dagger has pretty low dmg for everything else than stabs, just plain dagger or shadow dagger and you can do dmg with attacks too.

Stone ring is good for low poise weapons 10-15, otherwise the meta has gone to light armor and with 25 poise weapons you can stun almost everyone while doing DW, when you can´t just 2H. You can use life+3 or stamina+2 or whatever you prefer.

Str: (Bandit)

Vgr 50
End 34
Vit 12
Str 40
Dex 30
Adp 26

Life+3,blades+2,flynn´s,3rd dragon

RH:Greatsword (ultra)
LH: Bonefist/parrying dagger

Full lion warrior set for bonefist, with dagger you can use 1 other very light piece to be at 50% burden.

Bonefist is a lovely offhand for Str, with this setup L1-L1 wait R1/jump atk. Using the range of GS and when opponent is on skin bonefist. All moves are pretty solid, jump atk is great, WR R1 and just plain 1H R1 swings. Range and dmg with fast offhand that surprices opponents and that L1-L1 can be followed with range and dmg. If opponent starts to bak pedal and roll only when in low HP, swap to shadow dagger and finish that chump. WD R1 spam ftw :lol:

RH: Butcher knife

Fast and has range + crazy hit box. I love R2-R2. Jump atk is very good too as is WD R1.

RH: Sanctum Mace
LH: Parrying dagger

RH1: Caestus
LH1: Caestus

Poison bite ring+1 instead of life+3

Buff the mace with poison resin. I usually start with 1H, fishing for WR R1, trying to space R1, looking for parry. After parry, 2H backstep and R1, ram it. Keep 2H stance and punish moss with WD R1. 2H R1-R1. Watch out for your poison build up, when you´re at 90% its good to swap to PS caestus. Those bad boys do around 700 dmg with L1 L1 combo. With 2H you can bait an opponent to roll and if the angle is right you can punish with WD R1.

RH: Barbed club
LH:Bandit axe/battle axe

Just normal DW, club has a very nice R2-R2. Use WD L1 and plain L1 to R1. PS is very hard but hits hard too.

RH:Estoc
LH:Parrying dagger

Mep from des (npc :) Setup is below 25% and estoc is a top weapon. R2-R2 and most times opponent tries something stupid after the 2nd R2 and you can follow up with R1-R1. Perhaps the best weapon in game. Fun to do some poking after slugger setups.

Then there´s chariot lance,bone scythe and claymore. All with bonefist in offhand. Gotta test yorgh´s spear next.
Last edited by Jumilaattori on Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jumilaattori

Postby JJ2K » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:17 am

Fisto_ wrote:I have 2 builds so far that I've been using, planning on making faith and hex build too, no need to make STR since its so similar to DEX or Quality build.

Half-Quality (SL150 Knight):

50 vig
35 end
10 vit
10 attune
25 str
40 dex
24 adp
3 int
6 fai

10 attune + 24 adp for 100 agil, plus Warmth if you need it in invasion or in between duels. Options for Loyce GS, DW Warped Swords, Chaos Blade, Estoc, Pate's Spear, and of course necessities like Umbral Dagger, Hunter's Blackbow, Pyro Flame, etc. Armor is w/e you want provided you're below 50% load. Shields for kiting out buffs or blocking in general are Lightning Watcher's Shield (also good vs physical attacks), Fire Cursed Bone shield, magic Magic Shield, and Dark Transgressor's shield. Rings to be Ring of blades +2, stone ring, 3rd dragon ring, and flynn's ring

Warlock (SL150 Sorcerer):

40 vgr
20 end
10 vit
30 attune
18 str
16 dex
17 adp
48 int
4 fai

Black Hood is a must because you're going to be using magic staff of wisdom. Magic Watcher's GS, magic Shadow dagger, and of course the shields listed above. Rings are 3rd dragon ring, stone ring, life ring +3, and Sorcery clutch ring. Armor again is w/e you want but should be <50% load and have black hood. Spells are any combination of sorceries you wish, I like using 2 Homing Crystal Soul masses and 2 Crystal Soul Spears, most other sorceries are gimmicks.

do you hav any of these uploaded to your channel? :D
JJ2K

PSN Name: generalbravo

Postby Jumilaattori » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:17 am

Also a nice Str setup is:

RH: Estoc
RH1: Zweihander

LH: Buckler
LH1: Bonefist

Or

RH1: Bone scythe
LH1: Longsword

Then PS estocs :lol: Engraved gauntlets and leo ring instead life+3 for even more lolfactor

RH: Clay
LH: Butch

PS and normal DW.

Brawler:

Vgr 50
End 20
Vit 9
Str 40
Dex 45
Adp 26

RH: Bonefist
LH: Caestus

PS. R2 if you miss and opponent coming at you in a good angle follow up with any button, if you hit don´t press any button. L1-L1-R2. R1-R1. WR R1. L2 is hadouken, awesome to hit and toss opponent to the ground. Good fun, imo even viable. Also staying at 25% and you can use puzzling stone sword as a backup weapon. Same rings maybe stone instead of life+3 vs poise. Annoying vs eternal bak pedalers, kinda boring to chase an opponent with fists but yea.

Other good setups are PS longswords or sun sword + longsword. Zwei + bonefist and curved ultras Nil and dragon. Yorgs spear should be good, haven´t managed to get it yet.
Jumilaattori

Postby Jumilaattori » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:29 am

Str build updated, bandit and 12 vit to be under 50% with greatsword.

Setup I´m quite fond of:

Crest of blood instead life+3, shadow gloves.

RH: Barbed club (buff with bleed serum)
LH: Chariot lance

With lance trying to time L2 and baiting opponent to roll for WD L1. With club R2-R2 even if the 1st misses the 2nd may hit. Normal R1 swings and WD R1. Club 2H and WD R1 is decent.

OP updated.
Jumilaattori

Postby mmghouse » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:35 pm

I agree with your analysis of AGL.

Why no love for FUGS? The 40/30 you have could use it, but not ideally imo in light of its weight. But its moveset is quite beautiful, if you ask me.
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby Jumilaattori » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:04 am

Yup it was a weight issue with the 1st build over 60%, now with the 2nd build its under 60% so will give it a shot. I played a lot with GS being at 60% and for ugs its fine imo.
Jumilaattori

Postby Jumilaattori » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:49 am

Hi there and happy summer!

For some time now I´ve been playing dks2 on ps4. If you like souls and if you wonder is ps4 worth it? I´d say yes. First of all ps4 community is great! Action is steady, lots of reds and getting insta summoned. Like 4+ hosts and 5 reds in each world almost at anytime and prime time is cray, so fight after fight. Arena is busy. Lots of old fags from ps3, very high skill lv. Also sotfs is like 25 bucks in store atm! And 60 fps makes PvP quite enjoyable.

So far this thread has been about lv. 150, mostly builds without buffs and pure physical, playing ps3 arena like that will make anyone salty :D

I wanted to try something different and go max tier (over 12m sm) to use anything I want with 1 toon. I started as 150 and continued to lv up with souls gained from PvP. I´ve enjoyed this journey immensely + max tier is blooming, the diversity and its so busy.

As long as you are below lv hmm I´d say 550-600 and you can still tinker with stats, I won´t share stats anymore, only setups, figure and tinker stats to your liking.

Ring setup:

Living,flynn´s,blades and 3rd dragon/illusory rings

If you run flynn I recommend max dmg and staying at 10 vit or under.

For armor I prefer full lion warrior set as most of my setups are 49,7 or so with it. And I like how it looks. These are preferances, you can and should replace armor and living and flynns with w/e you prefer. You see, PvP is what you make it of it. I for one use backstep like 1 time in 100 duels and maybe try parry 7 times in 100 duels. It could be my incompetence and I should try to learn these skills. Don´t get me wrong, nothing wrong in anything and use w/e you want.

My spell arsenal is pyromancies only. I don´t use any buffs. I´ve played with 75 att and currently with 40 att. My current setup:

Dance of fire
: Visions of pure luck.. Not really, its close range ranged spell. With 1 word: Uncanny. I feel like 60 fps made it a lot better. You need to be in melee range when you cast or almost, it can also track when distance is about 1.2 rolls or so lol.

Lingering flame I love this. No funny shit just using it mid duel, without running away to anywhere. To follow up with a swing of a weapon, its possible to stun to explosion. Opponents also underestimate the blast radius and sometimes they forget the flame and back to it and die.

Great chaos fireball My favourite ranged spell + you need to earn it. Can be used from any distance, can be hard to predict from close range. You can combo lingering flame to fireball.

Warmth
To heal myself/others after their match. Sometimes when a passive triple buffer retreats after lingering flame, I set up a station. Warmth + flame beyond the warmth, its hard to detect and you can bet that the opponent will react. Its fun and I use this on a rare occasion and mostly vs try hards and jumpers that have door open. Don´t cast warmth and then roll spam in it, its just so lame, kills vibe.

Other good ones are firewhip and fire tempest. Outcry gives a hint and says: hit me with a ranged attack + only 1 cast.

Nothing wrong in buffs and other spells, I like pyros. Use what you want obviously. Gotta say that I prefer JP rules and it does feel a bit silly to wait double buff/ triple buff.

Before going to setups I want to preach a few old mantras that I´ve preached since DeS.

First of all don´t be affraid of losing. The only way to get better is to play a smarter opponent. Losing is better than winning and when you´ve mastered a hard setup, none will remember those losses. Sometimes I can play an hour with round 0% win ratio.

In the end it boils down to:

Focus
: How well do you play, playing with half lights and you don´t deserve to win. Focus is everything, the most important thing. Playing well and giving your best is also respecting your opponent, you can fool around and use w/e setup and with good focus its always a gg.

Inside and outside
: Katana vs ugs/scythe for example. With inside weapon you need to get to inside and stay there, with outside weapon you need to keep the range. Aggro and passive. After a match you can think who´s game was played? The opponents or yours? The trick is to beat the opponent in his/her game which is easier said than done.

It doesen´t matter if you win or lose as long as it was a gg and you did your best with your odds and maintained your focus and then its always a gg.

Setups:
Next time, I feel like playing now.

Remember that without an opponent there would be no match.
Jumilaattori

Postby Mephistophelea » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:43 am

You are persistent Jumi I will give you that. :D
Mephistophelea

PSN Name: Mephistophea

Postby Jumilaattori » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:05 am

Do what you love, love what you do my love :)
Jumilaattori

Postby musicismath » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:44 am

Jumilaattori wrote:a few old mantras... since DeS.

...don´t be afraid of losing. The only way to get better is to play a smarter opponent. Losing is better than winning and when you´ve mastered a hard setup, none will remember those losses. Sometimes I can play an hour with round 0% win ratio.

did all of you hear it?
master has spoken.
:theman:

a forgotten sage said, dueling is a game of memorizing patterns... the best duelist is the one with the capacity for the longest pattern. This mantra has always held true for me and been in the fore of my mind whenever I dueled in my absolute best form. who said it? probably pepero. or digi. can't find the quote.

you have my nomination to the pantheon.

ggs :gamers:
musicismath

PSN Name: musicismath

Postby Jumilaattori » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:01 pm

"A game of chess is like a sword fight, you need to think before you move"
-Wu-Tang Clan

"Souls is like chess"
-Toastnbacon

Thank you music, you´re too kind. That sounds like Poopero. Digi´s philosophy meets mine. Break the pattern.

Played des, it was like 4th fight and music finished me with 3-5 consecutive dagger hits.. This game is so fast and brutal and punishing, I thought.

Played das and meta has finally evolved! Ppl don´t expect normal hits :shock: its uncanny! Still evolves around stabs but I had a blast. Stayed true to my style.

To das2.. Its like a slowmo movie but looking to the brightside, the positives and you get all the mad setups and PvP that evolves around spacing and timing. Gotta embrace the mechanics.

Peace
Jumilaattori

Postby musicismath » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:30 am

Jumilaattori wrote:"A game of chess is like a sword fight, you need to think before you move"
-Wu-Tang Clan

"Souls is like chess"
-Toastnbacon

Thank you music, you´re too kind. That sounds like Poopero. Digi´s philosophy meets mine. Break the pattern.

Played des, it was like 4th fight and music finished me with 3-5 consecutive dagger hits.. This game is so fast and brutal and punishing, I thought.

Played das and meta has finally evolved! Ppl don´t expect normal hits :shock: its uncanny! Still evolves around stabs but I had a blast. Stayed true to my style.

To das2.. Its like a slowmo movie but looking to the brightside, the positives and you get all the mad setups and PvP that evolves around spacing and timing. Gotta embrace the mechanics.

Peace

Really enjoyed those quotes mate.

I applaud all those, such as yourself, who contributed greatly to the PvP experience; ewgf, hag's builds, pep, digi, r1, doom, dress... (too many to list & I can't name em all.). Best thing about the cult of demon's are the efforts by many veteran players to constantly elevate the meta-game with original techniques while at the same time pursuing the highest level of skill. "thank you for the game" (gg) sums it up in a nutshell: as in the JP clubs- always playing your best regardless of the situation is the highest form of respect to the players and the game. I know jumi and all the others I mention are aware of that belief and demonstrate it thru the games and that's what is important to making the most of it.
musicismath

PSN Name: musicismath

Postby Jumilaattori » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:34 pm

Nostalgy eh

Brawler II

RH: Bonefist,caestus
LH:Shadow dagger,bonefist,catalyst

Armor as close to 70% as possible, this setup doesen´t need stamina. Optimum would be 90-101 poise or whatnot but I´m running just 77, playing fashion souls.

Spell school is an exception to the rule. Melee only so I chose support. If opponent buffs -> Regen2 aka inner warmth. After a fight Gheal if needed, time saver when in low HP. That´s that. For 40 att I prefer force and I forget the name of so called ranged force gwahahahahahaahahahhaa anyhow those are for cool factor.

I prefer 2h bonefist and dagger on belt. You can use poise and timing and spacing with R2. Late animation always has hyper armor, for a punch,swing,walking away,rolling, you name it. You can bait with R2 and follow up with R2, you can use poise and late animation. Spacing and timing is the most important. I hate to say this, so I don´t :P(think) R2 is good.

R1, careful you might get parried. Many hard match ups like cookie cutter twinblade, 2h curved sword etc.etc. can be outspaced by simply moving from outside to inside and then R1 R1 follow up by R2 rarely follow up with WDR1 40% of time and wait and let opponent come to you. Idea is the same as with PS fists and caestus. Vs aggro opponent you can surprice with R1 and should use it more often.

everything is situational.

WR R1, after you roll do it right away to use hyper armor and trade with an opponent that is willing to trade. Savour it, it has a long fuse for an opponent that hesitates. Sometimes 2 in row. Protect yourself.

L2 parry, as always uncanny when used rarely.

All these moves have shockwave, keep it on mind when on skin.

Trade when you can, outspace when you can´t. Optimum is passive.

DW

Drop 2H. OH dagger, punish everything with L1 slashes vs heavy poise try a lone slash/WR R1 and after 2-4s L1 spam, don´t do that vs parry uhka. In general with any 1h weapon poise can be broken after the 1st absorbed hit, its up to you, try aggro. Use the f´dagger, spam it.. Uncanny R1R1 with fist follow up with R1, GOOD DAY.

Hi there hell, Righty ho m8!

Guard break with OH dagger, try it. Fuck ugs as a backup weapon for criticals that shit is cheesy.

You can aggro with dagger, punish rolls forward with R1, careful not to hit air with follow up. Punish rolls away with bs.

Remember parry uhka. Wait for parry animation, when it starts hit.

PS bonefist

L1-L2 funny. L1L1 basic, use it rarely and cancel move when miss. R1R1 R2R2 and R2 from proper angle and distance.

caestus R1 is for finishing and trading a finish. PS L1L1 shit is but yea :lol: I enjoy R2R2 to L1L1 and that´s that.
Jumilaattori

Postby Jumilaattori » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:30 am

Time for setups. These are long overdue, I just wasn´t willing to take the time. Apologies.

Fists of faith:

Rh: Caestus
Rh1: Old whip

Lh1: Bonefist
Lh2: Chime of want infused to dark

Miracles:

Regen2, hands down best way to counter double buffs imo. It went so far that ppl started to cry about it in "honourable PvP" after they double buffed.

Great heal, after match.

Heavenly thunder, don´t spam it like an idiot. Spacing and timing and after a stab. To counter this spell, I´d say get close and swing your weapon(s) rolling around it, is a bad idea.

Great resonant soul, very nice combo after ^ stab-thunder-grs, thunder can stagger to grs. Awesome feeling to land.

Scraps of life, gives space, its fast to cast and knockback is not bad.

Wrath of gods, hard to land but rewarding, spacing and timing is key.

This is pretty fun setup, could say my ftw setup for max tier bridge. I started this build without buffs and with 2H bonefist and then 2H caestus. It´ll teach you a lot. Now its just PS L1L1 ftw :)

You throw a jab L1L1, opponenent will now roll away. You sprint and stab. This will open up a chance for thunder and then you follow up with grs. Simple and deadly. Alt is to follow up a jab with R2 slash with a whip. Some opponent are so aggro that they will try to counter jab with r1 spam, this is like poker and you play vs a player and then you just do another jab.

I also got lv. 150 on ps4 now. Went for basic flynn quality with 100 agl and 30 str 45 dex for versatility. 47 vgr and 34 end.

Brawler setup:

Heavy armor as close as 70% as possible.

Rh: Caestus
Rh1: Old whip

Lh: Bonefist
Lh1: Dagger

Yea :)

That´s the last brawler setup, I promise!
Jumilaattori

Postby Jumilaattori » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:46 am

Yo, Lv150 is now: 43 vgr 27 end 40 str 45 dex 26 adp. Str scales best from all stats + 30 str a bit hard with this build. I´ve been using ring of living and got 17h played, from those like 15h at arena. What happened?

4 months ago all was good at arena, no funny shit just good players migrated from ps3. Now 150 arena scene is full of salty fucks and tryhards. 70% of opponents use simpleton and just run unlocked, waiting for you to chase them.

Wtf is that? Learn to play unlocked ffs. That shit is from nowhere. What if I stand still? What if I start running unlocked to the opposite direction? And to do that in a large round arena.. Creeps whiting out after getting hit a few times, jesus christ..Well each to their own.

Max tier is bridge is even busier than before, it can be hard to meet the same player twice in hours.

Reaper:

Rh: Scythe of want
Rh1: Pyro flame

Lh1: Majestic gs

Spells: Pyros. Nowdays 2x chaos fireball,firesnake (used when opponent takes distance) Tempest, funny oki and surpricing mid combat, some hosts jump you tho but that´s lol factor, dance

You can play this with Oath or regen or without spells. I just favour pyros with most setups or no spells at all.

I played this a lot. Classic control for outside with scythe, forcing opponent to roll inside which you control with bonefist. Top notch setup, hard to beat, hard to get hits in without getting hit, hard to get close. If opponent has heavy poise 2H scythe or 2H GS. When flame on hand, swap to gs. You can R1 with scythe and follow up with L1L1 with offhand weapon, or just R1R1 and wait for opponent to roll to L1L1. L2 GS is great, R1R1 scythe wait for roll animation and L2. With 2H scythe you can control outside and keep your "kill zone" with range and if opponent gets close R2. Its very good move but savour it. 2H GS L2 is very good, poke and follow up with 2nd L2 which you can follow up with L2 again or just L1L1 slashes. R2 is brilliant and requires spacing and timing, wait for roll and do it when opponent is at mid roll, a move that should be used rarely then its uncanny.

Takes some practice and patience. S tier setup imo.
Jumilaattori

Postby Jumilaattori » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:08 am

Evlana:

Rh: Alonne great bow
Rh1: Warped sword
Rh2: Old whip

Lh: Shadow dagger
Lh2: Pyro flame (max tier)

Note: Engraved gloves proc bow
Note: Flynn´s do not proc bow(s)

On max tier my ring setup is: Flynn´s, blades,living,illusory ring of exalted. A bit harsh to play without 3rd dragon but its fun to rotate weapons and keep opponent guessing. On lv. 150 3rd dragon instead of illusory.

On max tier if opponent buffs -> fire. On 150 arena, get to position and try to punish opponents buffs/spells like HSA with bow. Also at arena, manual aim, take advantage and fire when opponent is running towards you- Sweet to land a hit and a follow up hit like that. Not easy but rewarding if you score twice.

Bow has 3 basic moves:

-Quick draw e.g fire right away
-Draw and hold e.g wait for opponent to roll and then fire, this will hit after roll animation ends
-Cancel and swap to 1H stance and slash with dagger or swap weapon to sword

Manual aim and head shots can be chained to another hit but you gotta be fast.

Rotate weapons and options are good, 1h warped, dagger slashes, whip 1H and 2H, warped 2H and warped PS with dagger.

For sword slot you might want to try darkdrift or ashen warrior sword, they work nicely too.

Whip is good after you hit with a sword, R2 follow up. You can play it aggro but its cray when opponent attacks with inside weapon from out of range and you punish with 2H R1R1 or when opponent rolls and you punish it and it lands after animation ends.
Jumilaattori

Postby Jumilaattori » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:24 am

Reaper lv150:

Rh: Great scythe
Rh1:Old whip

Lh1: Shadow dagger

Leaves plenty of options for armor setup. Scythe and bonefist is a lovely combo. Swap to whip and whip lashes is uncanny and unexpected.

1 of the best combos in this game is Scythe R1R1, wait R1 to bonefist L1L1. 1H R2 moves are damn solid too, 1st R2 miss and there can be distance as 2nd R2 has very good range.

Don´t forget 2H bonefist. It also looks badass when scythe is on your back, 2-3 heads taller :)
Jumilaattori

PreviousNext

Return to Character Builds, NPCs and Enemies