Changes

News

Changes

Postby Stooge » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:39 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm making a few changes on the forums, so you may notice some odd behavior here and there. Nothing too major. Just updating a few things, like the title so it better reflects that we cover more than just Demon's Souls.

Upcoming major changes will be a complete overhaul of the system. The big question I'm pondering is whether it is going to be easier and more streamlined to revamp the existing forum, or start from scratch on a fresh install of a forum. If I do the latter, I will try my best to port the user base over, but I don't promise the messages will make the transition. I have no ETA on when this effort might be completed. Hopefully before hell freezes over.

If anyone has any reasonable suggestions on changes they'd like to see, please reply to the thread. Again, try and keep it reasonable. Something I can do without a huge investment of time and money. If you're not sure, just go ahead and suggest it.

Thanks,

Stooge
Stooge
Sir Cares-A-Lot
Sir Cares-A-Lot

PSN Name: CageStooge

Advertisement

Re: Changes

Postby Mephistophelea » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:52 pm

Personally I would build on top of solid foundation we have here, and since these forums are stucked in time it sure can do with modern touch and few improvements. :)
Mephistophelea

PSN Name: Mephistophea

Postby PinkMage » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:20 pm

Hmm. The new forum banner is a bit discolored, i'll work on an alternative and present it, also should probably consider upgrading the background to something new. I'll come up with some ideas and brainstorm them. Besides that i don't think the forum needs to change too drastically from the top down, the current system works just fine, just needs a makeover.
PinkMage

Postby BertoSan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:24 pm

I think the changes need to start from the portal. I've discussed amongst the group of staff here. But I'm thinking change the announcements section to a "Game List" type thing, and each game will link to a different forum. Whether that be a new site completely or the subsection of this forum for that game is up to you. That way, if we expand the searchability and someone selects "Bloodborne" from google, they'll be sent to that Portal that offers them the choice of Bloodborne instead of just a background of demon's souls and a website of demon's souls.

As we talked, we don't want someone to search Bloodborne and be offered a forums.demonssouls.info link or a forum with a Demon's Souls back drop.
<IRC User> I wonder how long you'll last in this community Berto.
<IRC User> Probably not for long.

[13:02] <@IRC User> I've pretty much been trained to expect somebody to be kicked when berto says "..."
BertoSan
Sir Warns-A-Lot
Sir Warns-A-Lot

Postby Stooge » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:39 am

I'm a bit leery of the portal. It's a mod and not a core part of phpbb. I don't want to get too dependent on a mod.
Stooge
Sir Cares-A-Lot
Sir Cares-A-Lot

Postby a-dam1337 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:09 pm

Maybe some new avatars, as long as they're not rank based. I don't know anything about web design but it would cool if the background slowly cycled through the Demon's souls loading screen art, with a similar color palette for the forums. It's a great nostalgia trip every time I visit, but those stuck in time tend to get left behind.
N.A. coop me
a-dam1337

PSN Name: a-dam1337

Postby Stooge » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:49 am

a-dam1337 wrote:Maybe some new avatars, as long as they're not rank based. I don't know anything about web design but it would cool if the background slowly cycled through the Demon's souls loading screen art, with a similar color palette for the forums. It's a great nostalgia trip every time I visit, but those stuck in time tend to get left behind.

Those are being addressed. As you've likely noticed we've already done some minor cosmetic tweaks. The next phase will involve a quite extensive upgraded site. More details to come.

Yes, Avatars are on the list as well. :)

Thanks,

Stooge
Stooge
Sir Cares-A-Lot
Sir Cares-A-Lot

Return to News