What will happen to my WT if I go online? (EU)

A place to have discussions about Demon's Souls in general. If there is a section that your discussion fits into, please use that section!

What will happen to my WT if I go online? (EU)

Postby Skullrattler » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi all, I'm new to this game. I already played DS2 for hundreds of hours and don't like the looks of Bloodborne so I thought I'd give Demon's Souls a go.

I'm liking the world and enemy designs a lot more than the other games, but don't need the game getting any harder :truce: by drifting to black World Tendency. I don't care about the black WT events and drops for now. (First ever playthrough)
I also don't care about getting pure white WT either, I just don't want to drift into black .

I'd like to go online and summon/ be summoned for co-op (by far my favourite way to play these games) but I read that going online changes your WT according to an unpublished server median. I really wish this mechanic wouldn't be in the game but it is so I wonder what the current world median in the EU is?

Also, are there people still playing online with low level characters? I'm around level 24.... Are there safe areas to wait to be summoned without risk of invasion, like empty boss arenas in DS2? In DS2 you can drop your white soapstone sign somewhere and then wait inside a cleared boss arena and some other areas where you cannot be invaded. . . I don't really like the PvP in these games and try to avoid it where possible.

Thanks in advance
Skullrattler

Advertisement

Re: What will happen to my WT if I go online? (EU)

Postby djwille88 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:33 pm

You should've bought the NA or Asian DeS version.(I have both) The EU version from what I hear isn't nearly as active as the other two.

I had no issues invading at the lower Soul Levels and could still find red stone duels 4-1..120 on occasions.
djwille88

Postby Gorbad » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:21 pm

I've got to say, I'm not familar with what WT you'll change into if you go online, but it's probably going to be around neutral if I'd give it an educated guess.

Finding co-op partners though will be difficult, and being invaded is a "lottery win" these times on the EU server. (very small chance of happening at all).

If you truly want to avoid any and all form of PvP, I suggest you hotkey (put an item into the consumable menu you have) the nexial binding. If you're about to get invaded, you'll see it from the item immediately by simply having it selected as your current hotkey item. It'll dim out and be blacker than usual. Simply exiting the game by pressing start --> exit game, will work at this point. Even though the invader successfully invades you, you can still press the PS-button and quit the game through the menu, leaving you unharmed and able to return to your game quite fast again. Both of these are a cheesy ways out, for sure, but do work.

I'd wager you'll find close to no blue signs to help you out in your fighting though and instead suggest you try your best to learn the attack-patterns of the enemies. Every attack of every enemy and boss can be avoided with a well timed roll in the game. "All" you need to do is observe and adapt.

Hope this helped a little bit. Happy hunting out there and welcome to the forums!
"There is Always a Greater Power"

Gorbad

Postby spacehamster » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:01 am

I don't know how they set things up for the EU servers, I've always played the NA version, which is maintained by Atlus. But in that version, if anything, WT tends to drift slightly towards white. Unless you're worried about losing your pure white tendency, you really shouldn't have a problem. It's often so close to white that I get pure white after beating the first two bosses in 1-1 (Boletarian Castle). I wouldn't worry about it. As a Dark Souls player, you know these games are more fun with online, and besides, Demon's Souls is likely near deserted right now anyway, with three other games out, one of them brand new and Scholar of the First Sin just around the corner.
PSN, XBL, GFWL, Steam - spacehamsterZH
spacehamster

PSN Name: spacehamsterZH

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:44 am

The WT online for EU is a couple above neutral heading towards white.

You can manipulate this though by killing yourself a couple of times in human form. Be warned though you can only do this for one arch stone at a time. Say you want to make world 4 neutral. Head into world 4 and check your WT - it should be a couple of shades whiter. Kill yourself twice (in body form after killing a boss or using a SOEE) and go back to the nexus. You will see that it has gone back to just grey. Go back into the world you want to play in. WT AFAIR doesn't shift until you go back to the nexus. If say you get it neutral and you want to keep it that way but want to leave the game for a day or two if you keep your toon in the area you want to stay neutral and then kill yourself when you load your game up next you will find that when you go back to the nexus it has stayed the same. This is great if you are hosting in PBWT or PWWT / keeping it neutral for fair PvP.

As PvP isn't your forte it will only really be useful for you for maintaining a WT within one area.

Co-op works different on DeS than to DkS. If you enter a boss area regardless of if you have killed it or not your summoning sign will disappear. So in effect there is no safe place in DeS for you to rest your character apart from the nexus and MP isn't available there.

PvP in DeS is a different beast from DkS1 and DkS2. So So SOOO much better. You are missing out if you don't atleast give it a go.

Also a thing about DeS Servers. You sometimes drop off them for no reason whatsoever. You will stop seeing ghosts and blood stains but the best way to check this is if you press select and you don't get the message window pop up you have fallen off the server (you can still use your stones though so this is not a good indicator).

Hope this helps.

Edit - also its important to note:
You cannot be invaded when you are dead.
You can only drop your blue stone when "dead".
If you kill a boss - be it in your world or anothers you will be revived.
The last place you died in body form will be the place that you re-spawn when you are successful in co-op. (generally considered a good thing to kill yourself in the nexus when in body form so your WT isn't effected unncesserally - its easy to get your souls and you can go anywhere from here). So if you died in 1.5 when in body form but co-op in world 5 when you join your game you will respawn in world 1.5.

Peace
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCTQGmv3U5t3U93ynh6UHSTQ
M3mnoch_1987

PSN Name: Main: M3mn0ch_1987 - Alt: YourUglyGranny - Alt2: MemIsAno0B

Postby Skullrattler » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:33 am

Thanks for your answers. I'll give it a try.

So I can only be summoned when hollowed?

Also, If i get the US version, can I continue with my current save from the EU version?
Skullrattler

Postby Gorbad » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:15 pm

Skullrattler wrote:Thanks for your answers. I'll give it a try.

So I can only be summoned when hollowed?

Also, If i get the US version, can I continue with my current save from the EU version?

EU and US versions have separate game files, meaning you'd have to start from the beginning.
"There is Always a Greater Power"

Gorbad

Return to Demon's Souls Discussions