Bloodborne expansion The Old Hunters Announced

General discussion of all things Bloodborne

Bloodborne expansion The Old Hunters Announced

Postby Mephistophelea » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:25 am

Most accurate and up to date information at this moment are on official EU Playstation Blog here.

Starting 24th November, download the Bloodborne DLC expansion The Old Hunters for €14.99 / £11.99 and experience the nightmare of the hunters who once guarded Byrgenwerth’s darkest secrets.

Set in a nightmare world where hunters from the past are trapped forever, explore brand new stages full of dangers, rewards and deadly beasts to overcome. You’ll find multiple new outfits and weapons to add to your arsenal as well as additional magic to wield and add more variety to your combat strategy.

With new story details, learn the tale of hunters who once made Yharnam their hunting grounds, meet new NPCs, and discover another side of the history and world of Bloodborne. Here’s a brief glimpse of just some of what lies in store for you when The Old Hunters launches on 24th November, including Simon’s Bowblade weapon, and new boss enemy Ludwig.

Also Bloodborne The Old Hunters Edition was Announced for Japan here on Official JP Website. Releasing on 3rd December 2015 in Japan.

EDIT: Uncompressed 1080p Trailer
EDIT2: High Resolution Screens and New Artworks
Last edited by Mephistophelea on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mephistophelea

PSN Name: Mephistophea

Advertisement

Re: Bloodborne expansion The Old Hunters Announced

Postby Tsmp » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:55 am

Whoops, I missed the initial announcement. :oops:

I didn't anticipate the DLC being about the Old Hunters and Byrgenwerth, but I should've. That is where it all began, after all. Announcing the DLC two months before release though, that was highly unexpected but not unwelcome. Enough time to savor it, soon enough to not go mad.

Ludwig being a boss was entirely unexpected, though it does answer the question of what happened to him.

That trailer...

1:14 - agblgblblrrghhrrhhnnngghh oh god my genitals. Scream is identical to Cleric Beast's, appears to cause either knockback or knockdown, after which the dude gleefully DIVES onto the poor gargoyle and starts EATING it. Head and upper body are covered in beast hair, which appear to be sparking with bits of electricity. Seems to be a reskin with benefits, like the dragonoid form of Dark Souls. Considering the character has the Beast Claw equipped, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is a result of beasthood. That screeeam and the luncheon dive don't resemble any attack the Beast Claw normally has, so either this effect changes the weapon's moveset, or certain items like the Beast Roar work differently while this is active and the dive is just a new type of critical only available in this state. The electrical sparks in his fur remind me that the Beast Claw says it's made from the still living bones of a Darkbeast.

Edit: Odd note, upper left arm is covered in fur, upper right arm appears to be bare. And I think the "sparks" I saw might've just been me being confused by the roar's particle effects, as someone pointed out to me on 4chan.

Also, did I spy a rocket hammer?
Last edited by Tsmp on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19416

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19381

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19345&p=185263#p185263

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19608
Tsmp

PSN Name: TSMP1

Postby Mephistophelea » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:57 am

Mephistophelea

Postby Vumsy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:31 am

no...
NOOOOOOO!

I won't be able to play it on release!

I need to get painkillers prescribed and shoot myself in the knee so I can stay home.
I'm not trying to seem like the big genius that's always right about the big picture... I just am.
Vumsy

PSN Name: Vumsy

Postby BertoSan » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:58 pm

No NA dates though? :( and it is odd that it's coming out in Japan AFTER the others....

Having said that. HHHNNNNNNNGGGGGGG
<IRC User> I wonder how long you'll last in this community Berto.
<IRC User> Probably not for long.

[13:02] <@IRC User> I've pretty much been trained to expect somebody to be kicked when berto says "..."
BertoSan
Sir Warns-A-Lot
Sir Warns-A-Lot

Postby Astrichthyes » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:59 pm

So they stuck a saw-Logwheel on a stick and made it like the Kirk? interesting. It looks like there will be quite a few new weapons, but let's hope they patch the main issues in the existing game and keep the new weapons in balance with the rest while not making any of them obsolete. Other than that, it looks like it will be a really good DLC. Thanks for sharing, Meph :gp:
Join me or face the wrath of babies.

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls: Sold it. Had SL 125 PGS-fth, Pure Mage, and Murak-pyro
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

PSN Name: astrichthyes, astrichthyes2, astrichthyes3

Postby Mephistophelea » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:16 pm

BertoSan wrote:No NA dates though? :( and it is odd that it's coming out in Japan AFTER the others....

Digital version should be released in all regions on 24th November. Physical Bloodborne The Old Hunters Edition was announced only for JP so far and that is released on 3rd December. ;)
Mephistophelea

Postby eimajtl » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:36 pm

New weapons and locations look pretty awesome, I'm excited to get into it. I've been playing DS2 for the past couple weeks, but with this announcement I hopped back into BB... oh its taking some getting used too. I'll be ayi g for a while to get back into the swing of things.
Available for co-op anytime...
eimajtl

PSN Name: eimajtl

Postby Lea » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:14 pm

I'm looking forward to this expansion, the new weapons look incredible. November! what a month you're going to be for video games.
Lea

Postby The Onceler » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:25 am

I definitely need to unload my new basement, find the box with my ps4, and hook it up so I can finish BB. The DLC looks great!
Unless...

The Onceler

PSN Name: kingphisher2 alt: Once-Ler_

Return to Bloodborne Discussion