Patch 1.05

General discussion of all things Bloodborne

Patch 1.05

Postby Astrichthyes » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:59 pm

So this patch was just released and it's designed to improve connectivity. The notes say

- players will now be notified if a network password is being used.
- player stats will scale down to roughly their opponent's level if there is a large level difference
- various unnamed bugs fixed.

Now, the implication I am seeing here is that level is no longer as significant as it was, except perhaps for matching. If it is no longer relevant for matching, I don't see why anyone would stop leveling except someone who likes to create and stick to builds. My question is: how will this affect pvp? If this scaling effect occurs such that matching is no longer restricted and the scaling effect works behind justhigh level differences, then the most proportionally effective builds will be those that peak earliest in level. This would be yet another bad thing working against arcane builds and weapons, but would support strength and dexterity builds. Discussion is welcome
Join me or face the wrath of babies.

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls: Sold it. Had SL 125 PGS-fth, Pure Mage, and Murak-pyro
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

PSN Name: astrichthyes, astrichthyes2, astrichthyes3

Advertisement

Re: Patch 1.05

Postby Tsmp » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:06 pm

People around the web are saying you can no longer use the SRRC to enter a dungeon you can't otherwise make, so that's kind of a biggie.
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19416

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19381

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19345&p=185263#p185263

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19608
Tsmp

PSN Name: TSMP1

Re: Patch 1.05

Postby Astrichthyes » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:50 pm

Tsmp wrote:People around the web are saying you can no longer use the SRRC to enter a dungeon you can't otherwise make, so that's kind of a biggie.

I suppose that's okay since it really shouldn't have been possible in the first place. My main concern is that, if they scale your stats to match your opponent's level, then a 50/50 Nourishing Logwheel on a SL 125 may be more like a 30/30 Nourishing on a SL 100, which are quite different in power. I'm wondering how and at what point in level difference that this scaling will take effect or if it's even possible to see it without some significant testing. If this downward scaling is as simple as reducing your natural defs to match your opponent's, then the higher sl will still have a power and hp advantage. It's a good idea, to be sure, but they may create more problems than they solve if they did this wrong.
Join me or face the wrath of babies.

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls: Sold it. Had SL 125 PGS-fth, Pure Mage, and Murak-pyro
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

PSN Name: astrichthyes, astrichthyes2, astrichthyes3

Return to Bloodborne Discussion