Bloodborne Combat Critique

General discussion of all things Bloodborne

Re: Bloodborne Combat Critique

Postby DidoRumbus » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:54 am

Vumsy wrote:My thoughts on lvl 150 pvp vs. 100 pvp is 150 being more fun, but 100 being more exciting. I enjoy getting punished and punishing mistakes with 1-3 hit ko's. Makes it more intense. Eitherway, my prediction is should the pvp landscape change, such as ease of organizing pvp/phantom not suffering the hp penalty, etc. Level 100 will be considered the most ideal pvp level. If things stay as they are, 150 will probably be the new preferred level range for pvp. Simply because of bt builds and clawmark set-ups. It also gives you a fighting chance in 3v1's due to being tanky enough to survive 2 hits.

100 feels a bit tight on anything other than skill or bloodtinge, 110 rounds out STR builds, and 125 gives everyone a secondary damage stat or more HP/END. That said they can all connect, so 100-125 is a good bet. 150 can't connect though, so I don't see the point in spitting connectivity (like magic said hard time connecting w/ 150s). Rather than pushing meta to 150 for more HP, I'd rather see increase to defenses (either stat scaling or armour adjustments). I should be able to equip gear that nerfs bullets hard (high BLD def) but is pathetically weak to arcane for example. The other option would of course be nerf to damage, but that would fuck with PvE balance also... maybe just nerf evelyn damage (at least repeating pistol costs 2x bullets so is less spammy).

Vumsy wrote:If I were you, I'd back up your save before going 150, and see what the expansion brings before deciding wether or not to commit.

Save backup an excellent call :)
DidoRumbus

PSN Name: DidoRumbus

Advertisement

Postby Cam » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:05 am

Magicisoverrated wrote:it is? granted i haven't played BB PvP a whole lot, but i only have like 1500 health, 800 damage is over 1/3 of my health.
It is. KH can hit 800+ AR with 27.2 gems at level 120, and Ludwig's can hit 780ish, both have longsword counterparts that carry a big chunk of the AR over to the quick, efficient moveset.

Magicisoverrated wrote:no, i've been lazy about farming gemstones, i seem to do well without them though, i really hate mmo mechanics in single player games.

Ah well, it is what it is. But your chances will go up if you optimize your build and your playstyle, doubly so if the same can't be said for your opponents.

Astrichthyes wrote:Underwhelming? 800 damage is almost 80% of a 50v phantom's hp if they don't run runes.

No, no. I mean I'm underwhelmed by the damage I saw in Magic's video because I was under the impression Chikages typically did 800ish damage. I'd heard stories of people being 2-shot by them before.
Asher wrote:I've got a sword and board warrior going so its up close an personal with their fat faces
Cam

PSN Name: slabofiron

Postby Vumsy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:28 am

Astrichthyes wrote:Underwhelming? 800 damage is almost 80% of a 50v phantom's hp if they don't run runes. One problem I see with SL150 is that there's no stat optimization necessary. I'm imagining quality builds dominating while str takes a back seat. You can have 50 in 2 damage stats and still have over 50v. 125 seems like a happy medium because this cannot be achieved AFAIK. Granted, most of the players I've fought in hizz seem to be SL 120, so that's another thing that probably makes PvP so difficult atm. The 20 level advantage makes them hit harder and mitigate more damage

Quality weapons at 50/50 str/skl?

Pffffft...

You've been testing this weapon god knows how long and never even considered triple nourishing 50/50 str/arc Wheel? For shame, FOR SHAME! *points at the flag for the United Republic of Gavlan*

Eitherway, the resist per level matters more than one would think. Hence why 50/50 hybrids will probably be outclassed by Vit gouges. As seen even at the small level disparity between 100's and 120's.
I'm not trying to seem like the big genius that's always right about the big picture... I just am.
Vumsy

PSN Name: Vumsy

Postby Astrichthyes » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:44 am

Cam wrote:
Astrichthyes wrote:Underwhelming? 800 damage is almost 80% of a 50v phantom's hp if they don't run runes.

No, no. I mean I'm underwhelmed by the damage I saw in Magic's video because I was u.nder the impression Chikages typically did 800ish damage. I'd heard stories of people being 2-shot by them before.

Chikage TF charged r2. Add on a dh bonus and you're pretty much gonna be face down in your own innards. I think what From needs to do is buff BT defs a bit.

The biggest gripe I have over a higher SL is quality builds will significantly benefit. Why run Kirk when you can have LHB for better scaling, better viscerals, and church bonus in both forms instead of just 1? Tonitrus is going to hit even harder too and that thing is already insane. BT builds get their cake with better dex, making them even more threatening. Hopefully I make my point here. Runes should not be standard to counter a single build, but to work in making you better against whatever you're up against. With regard to the wheel, I'm not sure 50/50 nourishing will be THAT good because you're splitting damage anyway. The exception to this rule is probably a fully revved wheel, which you won't see often because the hp drain is easy to take advantage of via stalling. Now, a flat arcane wheel would probably deal 600-700 per hit, which is what I'd be scared of.
Join me or face the wrath of babies.

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls: Sold it. Had SL 125 PGS-fth, Pure Mage, and Murak-pyro
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

PSN Name: astrichthyes, astrichthyes2, astrichthyes3

Postby Magicisoverrated » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:44 am

Cam wrote:It is. KH can hit 800+ AR with 27.2 gems at level 120, and Ludwig's can hit 780ish, both have longsword counterparts that carry a big chunk of the AR over to the quick, efficient moveset.

Ah, i'm host and wearing bloodtinge defense, probably why it was underwhelming. But yea, it can easily 2 shot me as a phantom.
Magicisoverrated

PSN Name: Magicisoverrated

Previous

Return to Bloodborne Discussion