What what? Dark Souls 3 at E3?

General discussion of all things Bloodborne

Re: What what? Dark Souls 3 at E3?

Postby Jumilaattori » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:31 am

Pink,

If I had time or willing to take it, I could quote and debate with you for hours. Your posts are 99% of time negative and arrogant. A 3 min track was a proper answer imo, fast, easy and spoke for itself, nothing to add.

Its a gaming forum for fun, for old fags, not a chat room nor your diary.

My sun comment.. You wrote a wall which correct adress is your diary. It was a summary of your wall.

mp tried to explain to you but yea.

Sorry, one more but its a good1, think about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOEF1aOCLaE

Magicisoverrated wrote:
Does this clarify how childish this is? He is welcome to disagree with me this way in an informal setting, but it's a complete waste of time here on a forum, it was a waste of time to even tell me he disagreed with me if that is the stance he wants to take.
Who is wasting time?

Magicisoverrated wrote:I take my time, my posts have a lot of thought sunk into them, that should be obvious, and tone should not be read into them. I do not log in here to talk like i do in a chatroom. If someone doesn't like my argumentation style, then that's fine but it doesn't excuse the behavior, and if someone doesn't agree with my thought process then i enjoy hearing the alternatives especially when it is written out in a way that is thoughtful and challenges me, this is a forum after all, we learn from each other and discuss topics. If i wanted to see the type of posts i see from jumi and cam i would be trying to hold a conversation with people on twitter.
So sorry, we are inferior to your superior intellingence but hey you can always stop reading. How about.. instead of logging on to a forum or going to a chat room or reading twitter or trolling gays in facebook, you go and actually talk to someone and use your mouth, face to face.
Hated by most Loved by few Respected by all
Jumilaattori

Advertisement

Postby Magicisoverrated » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:33 pm

Jumilaattori wrote:Pink,

If I had time or willing to take it, I could quote and debate with you for hours. Your posts are 99% of time negative and arrogant. A 3 min track was a proper answer imo, fast, easy and spoke for itself, nothing to add.

Its a gaming forum for fun, for old fags, not a chat room nor your diary.

My sun comment.. You wrote a wall which correct adress is your diary. It was a summary of your wall.

mp tried to explain to you but yea.

Sorry, one more but its a good1, think about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOEF1aOCLaE

Magicisoverrated wrote:
Does this clarify how childish this is? He is welcome to disagree with me this way in an informal setting, but it's a complete waste of time here on a forum, it was a waste of time to even tell me he disagreed with me if that is the stance he wants to take.
Who is wasting time?

Magicisoverrated wrote:I take my time, my posts have a lot of thought sunk into them, that should be obvious, and tone should not be read into them. I do not log in here to talk like i do in a chatroom. If someone doesn't like my argumentation style, then that's fine but it doesn't excuse the behavior, and if someone doesn't agree with my thought process then i enjoy hearing the alternatives especially when it is written out in a way that is thoughtful and challenges me, this is a forum after all, we learn from each other and discuss topics. If i wanted to see the type of posts i see from jumi and cam i would be trying to hold a conversation with people on twitter.
So sorry, we are inferior to your superior intellingence but hey you can always stop reading. How about.. instead of logging on to a forum or going to a chat room or reading twitter or trolling gays in facebook, you go and actually talk to someone and use your mouth, face to face.

Do people read your posts seriously? I'm honestly not sure if they do, but it appears your love for me grows with each passing post.

I know you hate reading anything that's longer than 5 sentences, in fact it appears to upset you greatly. But this forum doesn't belong to you, it's not only for your purposes, and what me and you consider "fun" are different things. I enjoy debating and talking about games i love, you enjoy making worthless comments and trolling, i really don't know what you're trying to say with this place being my "diary" other than possibly it's the fact that your brain is deteriorating.

Jumilaattori wrote:Pink,

No, you can't jumi. You have plenty of time to type up a response, in fact your willingness to get on here and post garbage proves it. I've seen you spend upwards of 5-6 hours on DKS2. You have plenty of time to post a thought out reply that shows you have common sense or any sort of ability, but, going off experience with you and how every one of your "debates" turns into insults and complete trash it's obvious you not only don't have the ability to hold such a debate, but if you tried it would be humorous material as usual.

Jumilaattori wrote: So sorry, we are inferior to your superior intellingence but hey you can always stop reading. How about.. instead of logging on to a forum or going to a chat room or reading twitter or trolling gays in facebook, you go and actually talk to someone and use your mouth, face to face.

Jumi you have devolved into a pseudo-reddit troll. I'm not even sure why you post, but i think you'd be happier on all these places you list, and i mean that with sincerity. These low quality trash posts i'd expect from a 15 year old teenager, not a fully grown adult. the last line was the equivalent of saying "say that to my face in real life" . It was humorous, i laughed heartily at this.

Now, assuming you can read this post without consulting someone who can actually speak english, or having to use a dickfucktionary(how you spell it) then i will be rather impressed and it will be a step in the right direction to fixing your senile brain. But, since you seem okay with making this forum your personal twitter account i can't be bothered to talk to you anymore, just sit back and laugh at your attempts to be relevant in any way or important, and because of that this is my final post to you as you waste my time, no, you waste everyone's time because you are against the values of what makes a forum a forum, yet you come here everyday to tweet your childish thoughts.

Jumilaattori wrote:Hated by most Loved by few Respected by all

I'm going to correct this

Hated by nobody Loved by few Disregarded by all.

bye now :lol:
Last edited by Magicisoverrated on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magicisoverrated

PSN Name: Magicisoverrated

Postby Magicisoverrated » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:55 pm

Cam wrote:Basically, Magic, you're way too pedantic and not nearly concise enough.

In response to single-line paragraphs, you reply with walls of pure convoluted nonsense. It's been demonstrated at least twice in the past that our "debates" are a bigger waste of time than neglecting to justify my proclaimed disagreement with you.

Whoa now! such hostility!

But basically Cam if you personally feel my replies to you are offensive or if you have trouble understanding them then do not instigate, bar that, avoid forums all together, at the minimum if you disagree with something you should be able to say why, but now i know you can't, so you did waste my time, everyone's time because you had no intention to tell me why. This is what has been demonstrated, even before i started posting with numerous other "debates"

Now, Cam, take your own advice and stop replying if you have no intention of solving the problem and just want to further perpetuate drama.
Magicisoverrated

Postby Cam » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:33 pm

Magicisoverrated wrote:If there is anyone in the world that can deal with criticism, it's definitely me.
Asher wrote:I've got a sword and board warrior going so its up close an personal with their fat faces
Cam

PSN Name: slabofiron

Postby Jumilaattori » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:22 am

Magicisoverrated wrote:the last line was the equivalent of saying "say that to my face in real life" . It was humorous, i laughed heartily at this.
So sorry for my broken english. I meant that you go outside and talk to someone, anyone and have a conversation by using your mouth. Sorry for confusion.

I saw moon and sun this morning, literally. Both up at the same time, it was beautiful. A nice warm summer day, think I´ll go for a swim and take my bike but after breakfast, man I´m hungry.
Jumilaattori

Postby Magicisoverrated » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:28 am

HAPPY 4th of JULY EVERYBODY!

Magicisoverrated

Postby DarkestSoul » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:15 am

Jumilaattori wrote:I saw moon and sun this morning, literally. Both up at the same time, it was beautiful. A nice warm summer day, think I´ll go for a swim and take my bike but after breakfast, man I´m hungry.

This tangent here, did you have a stroke while typing a response, or forget that this forum isn't your diary/twitter account? If the former, seek some medical attention. If the latter, you're being everything you complain about, gold star.

The sun and the moon can be seen in the sky together quite often, you should get out more.
DarkestSoul

Postby Jumilaattori » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:58 am

Maybe a pet? A dog, a cat or a rodent? A bird, are you a bird lover pink?

Small dogs are very social and have lots of energy, maybe a pet would cheer you up?

I had eggs,bread with tomatoes and pickles and icemountain salad and oatmeal with blue berries as breakfast, yummy yummy in my tummy.

Time for swim and then refreshments, think I´ll have a bbq later.

Hey pink, how many times in your life you´ve been outdoors at midnight and sun is shining, 2 hrs later and its still shining, 2hrs later, still there and its morning with another 24h of light. How many times have you seen moon and sun together?
Jumilaattori

Postby DarkestSoul » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:26 am

Jumilaattori wrote:Maybe a pet? A dog, a cat or a rodent? A bird, are you a bird lover pink?

Small dogs are very social and have lots of energy, maybe a pet would cheer you up?

I had eggs,bread with tomatoes and pickles and icemountain salad and oatmeal with blue berries as breakfast, yummy yummy in my tummy.

Time for swim and then refreshments, think I´ll have a bbq later.

Hey pink, how many times in your life you´ve been outdoors at midnight and sun is shining, 2 hrs later and its still shining, 2hrs later, still there and its morning with another 24h of light. How many times have you seen moon and sun together?

Alright man, let's set the record straight because how you make assumptions is so flawed, you make yourself look like an idiot constantly.

I am not Pink. Stop addressing me as such. Try educating yourself for once, because the system has failed you. And what kind of question at the end of your baitpost is that? Are you going to really sit there, and try to apply such half-assed logic to a natural occurrence and act like it doesn't happen, even though YOU YOURSELF, had witnessed it? My god man, you really did have a stroke if you think that's a smart way to go about things.

And again, this isn't your diary. No one gives a damn about what you ate or what you're going to do later on in your day. We're here to discuss a game. But that very simple premise has clearly flown over your head constantly going by your lack of comprehension of the topic at hand and need to maintain needless banter to feel validated.

Get a clue Jumi, you are exactly everything you complain about. So wisen up or shut up, because more people are tired of you than you think.
DarkestSoul

Postby Astrichthyes » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:58 am

I, personally, do not expect any more from DkS3 than the steaming pile we got in the form of DkS2. That game was so broken for so many reasons and I suspect it will only continue in the 3rd title with an entirely new set of problems added on top of the issues they never learned to fix in the previous title(s).

My advice to all here who did not enjoy DkS2: wait to buy DkS3. Abstain from the temptation to buy it, at least for a while, and judge whether you think it will be worth it after this time period has passed. You won't be missing anything by not buying it on day 1. You'll actually benefit from a larger pool of information that others have gathered if you eventually do buy it. And if it's bad, you'll have saved yourself a sweet $60+ for something more important like ice cream, Cheetos, and the fitness center membership you need to burn off all of the ice cream and Cheetos you consume. And let's face it, $60 can buy a lot of ice cream and Cheetos, especially if you exercise outside instead of buying that gym membership.
Join me or face the wrath of babies.

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls: Sold it. Had SL 125 PGS-fth, Pure Mage, and Murak-pyro
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

PSN Name: astrichthyes, astrichthyes2, astrichthyes3

Postby Magicisoverrated » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:13 am

Astrichthyes wrote:I, personally, do not expect any more from DkS3 than the steaming pile we got in the form of DkS2. That game was so broken for so many reasons and I suspect it will only continue in the 3rd title with an entirely new set of problems added on top of the issues they never learned to fix in the previous title(s).

My advice to all here who did not enjoy DkS2: wait to buy DkS3. Abstain from the temptation to buy it, at least for a while, and judge whether you think it will be worth it after this time period has passed. You won't be missing anything by not buying it on day 1. You'll actually benefit from a larger pool of information that others have gathered if you eventually do buy it. And if it's bad, you'll have saved yourself a sweet $60+ for something more important like ice cream, Cheetos, and the fitness center membership you need to burn off all of the ice cream and Cheetos you consume. And let's face it, $60 can buy a lot of ice cream and Cheetos, especially if you exercise outside instead of buying that gym membership.

I almost want to make a thread in which we discuss which game is worse, Bloodborne or DKS2. Bloodborne at least has good single player, and it flows well. But DKS2 really felt like a cash in in comparison to the quality of DeS and DKS, it's like they threw everything they had working with DKS and tried to make a new game and did almost nothing correct.

Solid advice, and personally i never buy anything day 1 anymore until i can see some real player reviews. I think we all know who the ice cream and cheetos is aimed it, certain person here likes to keep a running log of his food habits. :lol:
Magicisoverrated

Postby Astrichthyes » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:26 am

Magicisoverrated wrote:I almost want to make a thread in which we discuss which game is worse, Bloodborne or DKS2. Bloodborne at least has good single player, and it flows well. But DKS2 really felt like a cash in in comparison to the quality of DeS and DKS, it's like they threw everything they had working with DKS and tried to make a new game and did almost nothing correct.

Solid advice, and personally i never buy anything day 1 anymore until i can see some real player reviews. I think we all know who the ice cream and cheetos is aimed it, certain person here likes to keep a running log of his food habits. :lol:

The ice cream and Cheetos thing was actually just my way of saying that you would probably enjoy yourself more eating terrible junk food than stressing yourself out with a frustrating and unbalanced game. I mean, who doesn't miss those triple-buffed SL 500+ Havels who OHKO your SL 150 and take less than 100 damage against your strongest attack? Granted, they fixed that, but it was still extremely annoying.

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

Postby Magicisoverrated » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:31 am

Astrichthyes wrote:The ice cream and Cheetos thing was actually just my way of saying that you would probably enjoy yourself more eating terrible junk food than stressing yourself out with a frustrating and unbalanced game. I mean, who doesn't miss those triple-buffed SL 500+ Havels who OHKO your SL 150 and take less than 100 damage against your strongest attack? Granted, they fixed that, but it was still extremely annoying.

I was one of them so i really have no room to say it was annoying. I figured DKS2 was a joke so i treat it as such every time i play it. One of my favorite things to do was dual heavy lance setup at 838 :P

But honestly, Bloodborne is no better in a lot of respects, which is sad and disheartening because it was supposed to be more like DeS, but it wasn't, in fact i'm not sure which one is better. At least BB has smooth controls and a good campaign.
Magicisoverrated

Postby Jumilaattori » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:06 am

DarkestSoul wrote:Are you going to really sit there, and try to apply such half-assed logic to a natural occurrence and act like it doesn't happen, even though YOU YOURSELF, had witnessed it?
I asked pink how many times has he seen it, that´s all.

Pidän yllä hyvää mieltä koska onni löytyy sieltä.
Jumilaattori

Postby Astrichthyes » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:39 am

Magicisoverrated wrote:
Astrichthyes wrote:The ice cream and Cheetos thing was actually just my way of saying that you would probably enjoy yourself more eating terrible junk food than stressing yourself out with a frustrating and unbalanced game. I mean, who doesn't miss those triple-buffed SL 500+ Havels who OHKO your SL 150 and take less than 100 damage against your strongest attack? Granted, they fixed that, but it was still extremely annoying.

I was one of them so i really have no room to say it was annoying. I figured DKS2 was a joke so i treat it as such every time i play it. One of my favorite things to do was dual heavy lance setup at 838 :P

But honestly, Bloodborne is no better in a lot of respects, which is sad and disheartening because it was supposed to be more like DeS, but it wasn't, in fact i'm not sure which one is better. At least BB has smooth controls and a good campaign.

BB is faster, has a fair matching system that still allows you to connect with players of a different level tier, has a way of punishing heals, doesn't have backstab-heavy pvp or spammy spells that are more difficult to avoid than they are to use, and universal I-frames that are not reliant on a stat. I could go on for hours, but i'd rather not. Just thinking about it is nauseating. While there are some major drawbacks that tarnish BB, I think it has much more potential and its issues are much easier to fix with a little tinkering.

Astrichthyes

Postby DarkestSoul » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:29 pm

Jumilaattori wrote:
DarkestSoul wrote:Are you going to really sit there, and try to apply such half-assed logic to a natural occurrence and act like it doesn't happen, even though YOU YOURSELF, had witnessed it?
I asked pink how many times has he seen it, that´s all.

Pidän yllä hyvää mieltä koska onni löytyy sieltä.

Not going to address the rest of my post? Lmao, was it too much for you to handle? Figures as much. And you didn't ask pink, you asked me. Which as stated above, I am not Pink. If you could read you'd of seen that.

You say you maintain a good mood, yet take about any chance you get to berate any post that doesn't align with your ideas. I guess that getting a clue (takes a brain anyways) was too much for you Jumi, I christen you this board's clown.

By the way, this your idea of going for a swim that day, Jumi?
:lol:

Embrace your idiocy Jumi, it's the true way to enlightenment and knowledge of one's true self. Then "Pidän yllä hyvää mieltä koska onni löytyy sieltä" would truly be applicable.
DarkestSoul

Postby Jumilaattori » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:52 am

My day has 24hrs, playing souls 40min-an hour after breakfast yday still left me 23hrs give or take ;)

Kinda scrary that you keep tabs on me but w/e floats your boat.

As I said on top of this page that I don´t have time nor I´m willing to take it to chat you up, I think a pet would be a good idea.

P.s A lovely day yday, a good day. Water had warmed since 2 weeks ago, it was chilly then, now it was warm :)

Magicisoverrated wrote: I've seen you spend upwards of 5-6 hours on DKS2.
Yh that was a good1, a good solid session with good players and nice positive ppl, I had a blast :)

Thank you.
Jumilaattori

Postby Magicisoverrated » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:42 am

Astrichthyes wrote:BB is faster, has a fair matching system that still allows you to connect with players of a different level tier, has a way of punishing heals, doesn't have backstab-heavy pvp or spammy spells that are more difficult to avoid than they are to use, and universal I-frames that are not reliant on a stat. I could go on for hours, but i'd rather not. Just thinking about it is nauseating. While there are some major drawbacks that tarnish BB, I think it has much more potential and its issues are much easier to fix with a little tinkering.

Dark Souls II did indeed do quite a bit wrong, the clunky controls, the terrible SM system, terrible core mechanics and iframes that are tied to in game stats. The game is horrendous, even after all the numerous patches they did, the game left such a bad taste in everyone's mouth that the stigmas are still there and the games clunky core controls have never been addressed in any patch (game somehow feels worse on PS4).

It's hard to say though, because while BB has more potential, smoother controls and a more punishable healing system, the game is more imbalanced than DKS2's clunky mess is. The gem system and parry mechanics throw everything out the window in terms of fair and decent PvP, while DKS2 has been able to maintain at least a following for quite awhile now i can already tell BB's community falling off a bit due to complete lack of support on the issues it has, even if i agree with you in BB having the higher potential in terms of PvP the reality is that it's far too imbalanced to hold a following as long as DKS2 has been able to.

The only way to get this fixed is to voice concerns on it, pointing out whats wrong and why its wrong is the first step to bringing public awareness and eventually getting it fixed. I'm not a mindless consumer like some people choose to be, happy with anything they are spoon fed *and i know you have taken steps to bring awareness of it to From yourself ast* Well see what happens with DKS3 but it's a game that's ultimately going to determine if they are going to remember their roots as a company or try to jump off the deep end and become the next Bioware. I've seen what from did to Armored Core, and i'm hoping they don't repeat history.

This comic applies:

http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/41/53/6 ... 4dc90c.jpg
Magicisoverrated

Postby chefchucko » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:49 am

Demons Souls was such a good and amazing game because they thought out of the box and did something new. There was a lot "broken" in that game as well, but the core of it as we all know was amazing.
Dark Souls then came out, again it was an amazing game. I can't say how many hours I poured into the two of these games. I loved them both, flaws and strengths and played them till I couldn't play them any longer.
They brought in poise, and new weapons and new roll speeds, it was mostly good with some things that changed the culture of PvP.
DkS2 then tried to fix twinks with SM. They updated the roll mechanics, then did a lot to try to fix issues, while some of it may not have worked out great, it was still a blast and I don't know how many different toons I made for that.
I never minded grinding a new build in any of these games, and the PvP reward was always worth my time.

Did I see flaws in them, did some new ideas not work? Hell yes.

However, the devs are TRYING to fix things, and TRYING to make new innovations. A lot of the core of the game stays the same, but a lot of little tweaks here and there are helping it grow as the technology grows. They've had some stumbles, but obviously their product is damn good, or we wouldn't even bother sitting here debating what we do and don't like.

Don't buy DkS3 right away. LMAO, Even with all the flaws in DkS1, DkS2 and BB....I've enjoyed the hell out of them, and I know I'm going to get a good product.
FromSoft is pretty much the General Manager of my favorite sports team. Sure, they've made some player trades I didn't like, but at the end of the day, they've got a damn competitive team out there and I'm going to keep rooting for them. You can't win the cup every year, but they've not yet missed the playoffs, so really what are we complaining about.

We're all spoiled with how good they've been that we're nitpicking everything. Why.... because we've come to expect and to demand greatness.

Can we want more, sure, but temper you expectations a little bit, sit back and enjoy the game, I'm sure we'll love it and hate some little parts of it. Worse comes to worst....go for a swim, ride a bike, whatever, this isn't the only form of entertainment out there. It's just a damn good one.

I for one can't wait to see what they do next.
Especially if I get that flail or ball and chain.
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right. ~Isaac Asimov
chefchucko

PSN Name: chefchucko

Postby chefchucko » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:54 am

tldr:
I'd rather have a company that tries and fails and learns from their mistakes, than one that just puts out the same game with new maps over and over again.
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right. ~Isaac Asimov
chefchucko

Postby Magicisoverrated » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:58 am

chefchucko wrote:Don't buy DkS3 right away. LMAO, Even with all the flaws in DkS1, DkS2 and BB....I've enjoyed the hell out of them, and I know I'm going to get a good product.
FromSoft is pretty much the General Manager of my favorite sports team. Sure, they've made some player trades I didn't like, but at the end of the day, they've got a damn competitive team out there and I'm going to keep rooting for them. You can't win the cup every year, but they've not yet missed the playoffs, so really what are we complaining about.

All that's being said is that you shouldn't buy into anything until you get an affirmation that it is good, even if the probability is high that it will be good going off previous trends. However, this is what corporate entities bank on for their product to sell when it becomes popular and it's exactly when you start to see a drop in quality, as long as they believe they have to earn their audience you will continue to see high quality from the developers.

chefchucko wrote:We're all spoiled with how good they've been that we're nitpicking everything. Why.... because we've come to expect and to demand greatness.

We are NOT spoiled for wanting a quality product, nor are we spoiled for demanding it. What on this good Earth makes you even believe this?

chefchucko wrote:Can we want more, sure, but temper you expectations a little bit, sit back and enjoy the game,

Passive consumer mentality is precisely whats wrong with society, but an entirely improper debate for this forum, but it's unbelievable to me i see this attitude so much unironically.

Doesn't mean i don't hope for DKS3 to be a great game, but i'm not buying into it until i see quality.

chefchucko wrote:tldr:
I'd rather have a company that tries and fails and learns from their mistakes, than one that just puts out the same game with new maps over and over again.

agreed
Magicisoverrated

Postby Vumsy » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:14 am

Dark Souls 3?
I'll buy it.
"The same, but different" is all the reason I need to keep throwing money at game franchises I enjoy. Unless I get sick of FROM Soft games, I won't stop buying any time soon.
I'm not trying to seem like the big genius that's always right about the big picture... I just am.
Vumsy

PSN Name: Vumsy

Postby Magicisoverrated » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:36 pm

Vumsy wrote:Dark Souls 3?
I'll buy it.
"The same, but different" is all the reason I need to keep throwing money at game franchises I enjoy. Unless I get sick of FROM Soft games, I won't stop buying any time soon.

Would you buy a Volkswagen after losing your Lamborghini simply because they were the "same" but "different" ?

I mean if you would that is fine but genuinely curious here.
Magicisoverrated

Postby Tsmp » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:43 pm

Yeah, but as far as I know none of us has lost their Lamborghinis. Mine's still in the closet, but I don't want to dig it out because my PS4 is still shiny and new. Not to mention we aren't talking about cars, we're talking about entertainment media.

Really though, I'm sick of E3. All I ask from video game publishers, and I guess developers as well, is some fucking honest advertising for once. Oh, what's that? A cinematic trailer? Yeah that gave me zero useable information whatsoever.

Here is the Dark Souls 1 announcement trailer. Notice how it's almost entirely composed of in-game clips, save for maybe five seconds worth of material.

Here is the announcement trailer for Dark Souls 2. Notice how literally none of it came from the game itself.

If the advertisements don't give me an adequate idea of what the game is about and what its selling points are, then I can't buy it until I get that information. Day one let's plays exist for a reason, and there are some wonderful people who can consistently break the street date to give day -7 let's plays, which is great because it gives me enough information to determine whether or not I want to buy the game before it even comes out. Which is what you'd think the point of advertising would be, but apparently not.

Seriously, this is ridiculous. This nonsense doesn't even legally qualify as advertising anymore, it's all "promotional material". :evil:
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19416

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19381

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19345&p=185263#p185263

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19608
Tsmp

PSN Name: TSMP1

Postby chefchucko » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:12 pm

Lambo to a VW is pretty flawed. That's being spoiled.

This isn't that at all with this franchise.

This is a case of having a 67 Mustang, then getting the flawed but still damn fast mid 80s mustang, and now the newest edition is coming out. It may not be the classic beauty we all loved, but it's still going to be a bad ass muscle car that'll burn the tires off and be a hell of a lot of fun cruising down the highway racing whoever you come across.

You'll always love your old classic the most, as we all do with DeS, but the 80's DkS was still a blast, and we still looked good driving the 90's version for DkS2. Now this new mustang of DkS3 might even be faster than the original. It won't ever hold the nostalgia and love that first car had, but there's no reason not to hope and believe it won't be a fun ride.

Lambo to VW is more like Souls to Skyrim or Dragon Age.
chefchucko

Postby Magicisoverrated » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:03 pm

chefchucko wrote:Lambo to a VW is pretty flawed. That's being spoiled.

This isn't that at all with this franchise.

This is a case of having a 67 Mustang, then getting the flawed but still damn fast mid 80s mustang, and now the newest edition is coming out. It may not be the classic beauty we all loved, but it's still going to be a bad ass muscle car that'll burn the tires off and be a hell of a lot of fun cruising down the highway racing whoever you come across.

You'll always love your old classic the most, as we all do with DeS, but the 80's DkS was still a blast, and we still looked good driving the 90's version for DkS2. Now this new mustang of DkS3 might even be faster than the original. It won't ever hold the nostalgia and love that first car had, but there's no reason not to hope and believe it won't be a fun ride.

Lambo to VW is more like Souls to Skyrim or Dragon Age.

It's not being spoiled because it relies too heavily on your personal opinion of which game is better or worse, saying that my comparison is incorrect while yours is, doesn't make any sense.

The point is that if they release a lower quality product than the one you had, how acceptable is it for you to buy it?

For some, they could give a damn about what car they drive, as long as it goes from point A to point B, for others it matters, and it matters quite a bit, this does not mean they are spoiled and the relation is obvious to entertainment media.
Magicisoverrated

Postby chefchucko » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:13 pm

So, I guess you're saying you're not going to buy and play DkS3 based on past history then. They've failed you that much that you feel the drop off is from that of a car worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to one valued at about 1/10th of it?

To me, if a game failed me THAT bad, I wouldn't waste my time discussing it or playing it anymore.
chefchucko

Postby Magicisoverrated » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:15 pm

chefchucko wrote:So, I guess you're saying you're not going to buy and play DkS3 based on past history then. They've failed you that much that you feel the drop off is from that of a car worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to one valued at about 1/10th of it?

Please quote where i said this, i think you will find i actually implied the opposite. You also missed the point of the comparison, so no reason to try and explain it further, you take it far too literally for it to have meaning anymore.

chefchucko wrote:To me, if a game failed me THAT bad, I wouldn't waste my time discussing it or playing it anymore.

This isn't about past tense, i'm ignoring their failure of Armored Core, it's about the quality of a future product. Careful when reading.
Magicisoverrated

Postby Jumilaattori » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:07 am

Magicisoverrated wrote:Do people read your posts seriously? I'm honestly not sure if they do
I don´t take myself seriously. I honestly don´t know what others think. I speak for myself based on my experience. I don´t concern myself with what others think or say, its out of my control. I try to be a nice guy and stay positive, treat everyone fairly and equally and with respect without looking to age,gender,colour nor to sexual orientation. I value all life, I don´t think we are better than animals. I respect nature and I take nothing for granted.

Magicisoverrated wrote:I think we all know who the ice cream and cheetos is aimed it, certain person here likes to keep a running log of his food habits.
I think that´s a bit obsessive but it could just be my lack of comprehension and broken english, a product of my senile brain.

You wrote a few walls and mention my name like 7 times. You got me in your sig now. You clock my gaming. You keep tabs on me. You post to a des forum that jumi plays souls. Just a suggestion: How about you stop worrying on what jumi does. And hey: intelligent, intelligence why not even intelectual, gringo. Mocking and laughing to a simple slip, to a typo, I dunno what to think of it, I´m likely just too dumb.. must be an intelligent thing.

Voidaan ruveta keskustelemaan suomeksi tai ruotsiksi, jos se on sinulle helpompaa.

Darkest of souls wrote:Not going to address the rest of my post? Lmao, was it too much for you to handle? Figures as much. And you didn't ask pink, you asked me. Which as stated above, I am not Pink. If you could read you'd of seen that.
"How can you resist such hate"

I did ask Pink. I wrote hey pink and then asked how many times has she seen that very common natural occurance that is visible all around the globe.

You´re not Pink. Are you her keeper?

Just a few thoughts and a few more..

First of all Pink, I´m sorry. I didn´t want to upset you. Sorry.

You´ve bested me at every turn, at every front.

As a player you showed your prowess and earned all the respect and fame. You easily and without a question fit to top3 western players of all time in each titles when I´d be happy to fit to top50. It was a pleasure to play and learn from you, ggs and thx.

In this very thread you humiliated me and showed without doubt that you´re smarter and I´m dumber, sorry for wasting your time.

As a community guy, you organized and planned and changed ideas with others to hold events for the community. I would just show up to waste my time and everyones by trying to troll such events. I just hated it all and thought it was stupid.

Your contribution to community was good. All the builds and setups you posted, all the discussion about PvP and all your positive ideas were welcomed. Thank you. I´d just flood psn chats with nonsense.

Sorry for my broken english, I hope you can understand me. I´ve no hard feelings, thank you and sorry.
Jumilaattori

Postby Magicisoverrated » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:19 am

So how do you guys feel about Bloodborne DLC and possibly DKS3 being shown at TGS?

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/06/03/ ... nal,manual

also BB patch 1.06, is this what we are waiting for?

http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/bloodb ... n0706.html

lots of good news coming out for us who play BB! hype :)
Magicisoverrated

PreviousNext

Return to Bloodborne Discussion