Power Levelling

General discussion of all things Bloodborne

Power Levelling

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:18 am

posted this on reddit but here you go chaps.

I personally wont be taking part in power levelling however it doesn't mean I cannot assist in others who want to power level... And I haven't seen any posts about this currently.

Rather than a level 100/200 etc etc getting summoned into a level 10's world why not get the higher level character to summon the lower level into a different NG cycle. Even if the level 10 just stays at the lamp whilst the higher level runs through and clears the area the lower level will still be getting a huge return in souls echo's more so than they would in their own world.

This would work perfectly in the depth 4/5 dungeons using the short root chalice.
I know that echos arnt that hard to come by however for a PvP build I think having a buddy that is willing to drag you through a dungeon would be more beneficial. With the addition of having shards/twins/chunks/rocks/gems dropping from bosses (not tested this yet) im also assuming that the co-oper will also get similar rewards.
Just some food for thought.

If anyone would like power levelling shoot me a message on here / PSN (psn id is M3mn0ch_1987) I would be more than happy to assist.

Hope this helps peeps ^

Peace
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCTQGmv3U5t3U93ynh6UHSTQ
M3mnoch_1987

PSN Name: Main: M3mn0ch_1987 - Alt: YourUglyGranny - Alt2: MemIsAno0B

Advertisement

Re: Power Levelling

Postby Astrichthyes » Tue May 26, 2015 8:40 pm

This could be pretty cool for quickly making builds, especially since most builds are going to be using the Lost/Uncanny versions of weapons that are much easier to obtain once you have a dungeon than it might be in getting them from a normal playthrough, especially late/endgame weapons such as the burial blade. I'll be testing chalice co-op tonight just to see what I get from a boss. I'm hoping for a radial blunt gem ^-^

By the way, a great dungeon to use for power levelling after a player gets Ihyll root is fymbxurp. The first 2 bosses are extremely easy and there are a ton of enemies on all 3 floors, so there are a lot of echoes to be farmed here. That's not even including the high-quality loot that will sell for a fortune.
Join me or face the wrath of babies.

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls: Sold it. Had SL 125 PGS-fth, Pure Mage, and Murak-pyro
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

PSN Name: astrichthyes, astrichthyes2, astrichthyes3

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:00 am

Astrichthyes wrote:This could be pretty cool for quickly making builds, especially since most builds are going to be using the Lost/Uncanny versions of weapons that are much easier to obtain once you have a dungeon than it might be in getting them from a normal playthrough, especially late/endgame weapons such as the burial blade. I'll be testing chalice co-op tonight just to see what I get from a boss. I'm hoping for a radial blunt gem ^-^

By the way, a great dungeon to use for power levelling after a player gets Ihyll root is fymbxurp. The first 2 bosses are extremely easy and there are a ton of enemies on all 3 floors, so there are a lot of echoes to be farmed here. That's not even including the high-quality loot that will sell for a fortune.

Nice in for the glyph i will check it out today and see what i make of it ^^ chalices are the perfect playground forgrinding out a character due to the simple fact they dont scale. High level summons low level into CD. High level clears the floor and boss and when Low level leaves the then summon the high level. High level tanks through enemies low level mops up all the echos gets access to loads of chests and gems and upgrade mats.

Who needs a stat resetting item when we have pigs that give 41k echo's a kill.
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?

M3mnoch_1987

Postby Tsmp » Wed May 27, 2015 11:08 am

That's a nifty idea. Use the Short Ritual Root Chalice to pull someone into a CFR Pthumeru Ihyll, kill a bunch of stuff for them, and send them home with hundreds of thousands of echoes and a shiny new blood gem. Instant level 120 in about ten minutes.
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19416

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19381

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19345&p=185263#p185263

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19608
Tsmp

PSN Name: TSMP1

Postby Astrichthyes » Wed May 27, 2015 3:31 pm

M3mnoch_1987 wrote:
Astrichthyes wrote:This could be pretty cool for quickly making builds, especially since most builds are going to be using the Lost/Uncanny versions of weapons that are much easier to obtain once you have a dungeon than it might be in getting them from a normal playthrough, especially late/endgame weapons such as the burial blade. I'll be testing chalice co-op tonight just to see what I get from a boss. I'm hoping for a radial blunt gem ^-^

Nice in for the glyph i will check it out today and see what i make of it ^^ chalices are the perfect playground forgrinding out a character due to the simple fact they dont scale. High level summons low level into CD. High level clears the floor and boss and when Low level leaves the then summon the high level. High level tanks through enemies low level mops up all the echos gets access to loads of chests and gems and upgrade mats.

Let me know what you think of the glyph. I won't give any spoilers because it's a fun one, but it should prove to be very effective for farming echoes, ritual materials, and gems.

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:57 pm

Astrichthyes wrote:
M3mnoch_1987 wrote:

Let me know what you think of the glyph. I won't give any spoilers because it's a fun one, but it should prove to be very effective for farming echoes, ritual materials, and gems.

I jumped in earlier and think i got to layer 3/4 then got side tracked rune hunting for extra HP. The two hags straight out of the door on layer two is brutal FPS lag right there. Grabbed the lost reitterplallasch so that was sweet. More exploring tomorrow but its looking good. Summons get 50% echos correct?

M3mnoch_1987

Postby Astrichthyes » Wed May 27, 2015 8:47 pm

I'm not sure, but I must have picked up half a million echoes between enemies and items in my first run through. You could make a pretty penny just running through the level and grabbing the loot. The first boss isn't bad for farming gems either. I'm not sure how much phantoms get, but you can go through the dungeon with them as the host and they'll get the full amount.

Astrichthyes

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Thu May 28, 2015 6:36 am

Astrichthyes wrote:I'm not sure, but I must have picked up half a million echoes between enemies and items in my first run through. You could make a pretty penny just running through the level and grabbing the loot. The first boss isn't bad for farming gems either. I'm not sure how much phantoms get, but you can go through the dungeon with them as the host and they'll get the full amount.

Yea pretty sure its 50% return for the summons. Yea that was basically the idea i had - high level summons low level to get them in the chalice then high level clears first layer with low level getting the 50% return. Once thats done the low level re enters the chalice via headstone and summons high level - clear first layer again for 100% returns then both move into layer 2. Low level summons high level again for 100% returns again. That should easily set the low level up with enough echos to hit 100+. There is also a chalice i found that has - lost BoM/lost Chikage/ lost Butial Blade/ formless oedon - and its just a ihyll chalice with no rites. Nice weapons to start NG with

M3mnoch_1987

Return to Bloodborne Discussion