Patch 1.04 Notes

General discussion of all things Bloodborne

Patch 1.04 Notes

Postby Tsmp » Sat May 23, 2015 4:30 pm

Official patch notes for 1.04. These were originally posted here, which got them from Form Software's livestream. I was going to use Google and a bit of common sense to translate it, but other people who actually know Japanese went ahead and did it for me.

The announced changes are:

• Password matching can now be done regardless of level.
  • Password matching can now be done even if registered to a different oath.
  • Quicksilver bullets and blood vials can now be stored up to 600 (the previous limit was 99) in the storage in Hunter’s Dream.
  • Weapons and hunter tools have been tweaked, it will be mostly buffs.
  • A bug of the Rifle Spear has been fixed.
  • A bug with Blood Gem Imprints has been fixed.
  • Boss rewards in the Chalice Dungeons will be improved, they will now drop blood gems randomly.
  • Chalice dungeons will now include Blood Stone Shards at Depth 1, Twin Blood Stone Shards at Depth 2, Twin Blood
  • Stone Shards and Blood Stone Chunks at Depth 3, Blood Stone Chunks at Depth 4 and Blood Stone Chunks and Blood Rocks at Depth 5.
  • Other bugs have been fixed.

The patch is scheduled to go live in two days.

In other news, it seems there will be info about the DLC after E3.
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19416

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19381

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19345&p=185263#p185263

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19608
Tsmp

PSN Name: TSMP1

Advertisement

Re: Patch 1.04 Notes

Postby Astrichthyes » Sat May 23, 2015 7:15 pm

Tsmp wrote:
  • Password matching can now be done regardless of level.
  • Password matching can now be done even if registered to a different oath.

This is great for co-op and pvp. Hopefully it makes opposing-oath matchups have a higher hostility percentage. I am curious to see whether it changes the pvp SL since there are a lot of players in the SL 80, 100, and 120 brackets respectively.

Tsmp wrote:
  • Quicksilver bullets and blood vials can now be stored up to 600 (the previous limit was 99) in the storage in Hunter’s Dream.

This is nice, but unnecessary. I've been keeping my vials and bullets maxed because I hardly have to use any between Oedon Writhe and Blood Rapture. It will, however, make pvp a lot easier since you won't have to restock as often.

Tsmp wrote:
  • Weapons and hunter tools have been tweaked, it will be mostly buffs.
  • A bug with Blood Gem Imprints has been fixed.
  • Boss rewards in the Chalice Dungeons will be improved, they will now drop blood gems randomly.

I'm kind of wondering what these entail. The only things I see in the game that really need a buff is MAYBE the revs on the Logwheel because they are so weak without significant Arcane investment and great gems and the hunter tools because they are so pitifully weak in pvp. I did 53 damage to a friend of mine with a counterhit augur about a week ago.
I wasn't aware there were any bugs with gem imprints :shock:
Let's hope they fix the discrepancies with the gems and their power. An Abyssal gem honestly shouldn't be out-done by a rank 19 from the Watchers - unless it's something like an Adept or Striking - and shouldn't have annoying secondary effects that do nothing but hold the gem back. Not only that, but extremely rare gems from bosses doesn't make sense. Giving all gems that a boss drops an even chance seems fitting in this case, as it will save a lot of players searching for specialized gems a lot of time farming. That said, if they buff the Abyssals, are we going to see more OP stuff like 2-3hko Stake Driver in pvp? Hopefully they really think about this one and cover all of their bases.

I'm getting lazy, so I don't feel like quoting the rest. Fixing other misc bugs sounds nice, but there's no telling what will happen. It may be as trivial as an awakening stone in the HD lighting up with no locations to travel to (happened to me yesterday and caused my game to close with an error message. It might be as significant as bosses bugging out and OHKOing you
Join me or face the wrath of babies.

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls: Sold it. Had SL 125 PGS-fth, Pure Mage, and Murak-pyro
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

PSN Name: astrichthyes, astrichthyes2, astrichthyes3

Postby Cam » Mon May 25, 2015 4:19 am

I've only checked two weapons(KH & Saw Cleaver), as well as buffing with the Empty Phantasm Shell, and there's not a single point of difference in AR in either direction. Which weapons were tweaked?
Asher wrote:I've got a sword and board warrior going so its up close an personal with their fat faces
Cam

PSN Name: slabofiron

Postby Astrichthyes » Mon May 25, 2015 4:23 am

I'll be checking the Wheel to see if they changed anything. This is a huge update file. 2.844GB :shock:

I'm seeing no changes on any of my weapons. The only new thing i'm seeing is that the watchers I just fought dropped a gem and a bloodstone chunk. That's the whole potato

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

Postby Tsmp » Mon May 25, 2015 8:18 am

Astrichthyes wrote:I'll be checking the Wheel to see if they changed anything. This is a huge update file. 2.844GB :shock:

I'm seeing no changes on any of my weapons. The only new thing i'm seeing is that the watchers I just fought dropped a gem and a bloodstone chunk. That's the whole potato

That is abnormally huge. Makes me wonder if they pre-loaded some DLC stuff, since the size is about the same.

I should load up my arcane build and goof around with some of the tools. Has anyone checked yet to see if the rifle spear bug was truly fixed?
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Magic System Guide:

Tsmp

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:28 am

Pointless post edited and lost forever
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCTQGmv3U5t3U93ynh6UHSTQ
M3mnoch_1987

PSN Name: Main: M3mn0ch_1987 - Alt: YourUglyGranny - Alt2: MemIsAno0B

Postby Astrichthyes » Mon May 25, 2015 4:30 pm

From what I've read, the Logwheel and Kirk had stamina consumption reductions and augur, TT, and EG got slight damage buffs at low ARC. Ashed guns supposedly still do a lot more damage than the arcane tools. A Call Beyond had a 1 QS bullet cost reduction, but still doesn't home in, so the cost of the spell is very high while the damage output is low. Even if they made the spell viable with homing and a damage adjustment, you can dodge straight through it and get a counterattack.

I'm hopping on the game now to see how "random" the gem drops are now.

Also, you can buy chunks at the insight messengers for 30 a pop, BUT this is obviously a typo. I'm sure what they meant the cost to be was 3 ea. That'll be in 1.05

What i'm seeing with the boss drops is that they don't seem random, which is... well, a bit melancholy. Farming for those 27.2% physical gems is a lot harder on the MW's because they don't drop physical gems as often and don't drop rank 19's as often, but other gems such as fire and arcane are much easier to come by. Still no blunt gems, but we shall see.

Astrichthyes

Postby Tsmp » Mon May 25, 2015 7:16 pm

Astrichthyes wrote:From what I've read, the Logwheel and Kirk had stamina consumption reductions and augur, TT, and EG got slight damage buffs at low ARC. Ashed guns supposedly still do a lot more damage than the arcane tools. A Call Beyond had a 1 QS bullet cost reduction, but still doesn't home in, so the cost of the spell is very high while the damage output is low. Even if they made the spell viable with homing and a damage adjustment, you can dodge straight through it and get a counterattack.

Also, you can buy chunks at the insight messengers for 30 a pop, BUT this is obviously a typo. I'm sure what they meant the cost to be was 3 ea. That'll be in 1.05

What i'm seeing with the boss drops is that they don't seem random, which is... well, a bit melancholy. Farming for those 27.2% physical gems is a lot harder on the MW's because they don't drop physical gems as often and don't drop rank 19's as often, but other gems such as fire and arcane are much easier to come by. Still no blunt gems, but we shall see.

I'm seeing people talk about occasional blood chunk drops from bosses, which might be what that patch note was really referring to and it just got lost in translation.
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Magic System Guide:

Tsmp

Postby Astrichthyes » Mon May 25, 2015 7:17 pm

Tsmp wrote:
Astrichthyes wrote:From what I've read, the Logwheel and Kirk had stamina consumption reductions and augur, TT, and EG got slight damage buffs at low ARC. Ashed guns supposedly still do a lot more damage than the arcane tools. A Call Beyond had a 1 QS bullet cost reduction, but still doesn't home in, so the cost of the spell is very high while the damage output is low. Even if they made the spell viable with homing and a damage adjustment, you can dodge straight through it and get a counterattack.

I'm seeing people talk about occasional blood chunk drops from bosses, which might be what that patch note was really referring to and it just got lost in translation.

They drop chunks for me every time.

Astrichthyes

Postby arctic_dan » Tue May 26, 2015 9:49 am

Ive been getting blood chunks as well with blood gems when defeating a boss. I like better this system with the new patch as since the patch I have acquired my first 2 20 rated blood gems Finally!

Ive also noticed (not listed on the patch) Amygdala's fight on third phase has now been fixed as now when she jumps up she will turn around. Just like first and second phase.
arctic_dan

PSN Name: arctic_dan

Postby Astrichthyes » Tue May 26, 2015 8:11 pm

arctic_dan wrote:Ive been getting blood chunks as well with blood gems when defeating a boss. I like better this system with the new patch as since the patch I have acquired my first 2 20 rated blood gems Finally!

Ive also noticed (not listed on the patch) Amygdala's fight on third phase has now been fixed as now when she jumps up she will turn around. Just like first and second phase.

I feel like the blood gems i'm getting are, on average, a lower grade than I previously got. Maybe it's luck, but I don't feel I am quite getting what I got before with 326 discovery.

Edit: still getting lower grade gems. About 5% rank 19's and every single one has had -ATK. It's getting frustrating because I never had this kind of trouble before the patch.

Astrichthyes

Return to Bloodborne Discussion