Patch 1.03 is live

General discussion of all things Bloodborne

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby bialy0021 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:35 am

plaintomato wrote:Oh I know, I know, I've heard it all before here. Anyone who disagrees is just stupid and this is the way it is MutherFuker facts aren't up for debate. My mistake really, I knew that comment was against the secret forum rules before I made it. No need to derail the thread with a rehash topic.

now now, have some of this. better?

i think i was pretty clear:
(...) the best one in 'the series' as far as actual combat in pvp is concerned.

combat is at the core of the game. combat mechanics (and various known glitches and exploits, thank god for them) are, for the most part, sound in ds and easily the best/most balanced in 'the series'. i didnt mention any actual items because thats 'just' balancing that can be improved with patches. not the core game mechanics though, at least it didnt happen in any souls afaik.
dks1 received few balancing patches but at the end of the day we still have that silly poise system. lets add slower pace, slow movesets and similar bs mechanics and we get a game that jumi described so well.
hell, flip nerf was so well thought out that wolf (and havel) were left untouched.

you may disagree, you may like dks better than ds, opinions are subjective, to each their own and all that. objectively though ds has the most competitive pvp due to its fundamentals being so good and variety that comes not from the abundance of items (and yet theres plenty of viable weapons in ds, arguably more than in dks) but 'abundance' of tactics, little tricks etc. other 3 pale in comparison - yh, bb cant touch this either (yet?) but at least its faster and more intense. its also young so who knows.
i actually had this argument a long time ago on a different forum and the consensus was that ppl just dont know ds well enough to have an informed opinion. suffice to say that changing direction of your backstep was a huge discovery for dks pvp crowd iirc. they even gave it some stupid name... ravioli step, was it?
and now it has been 'discovered' again by bb players! ;)

as for this forum there was a huge influx of new players when dks came out. id say its been kinda overrun by them actually. other popular sites have mostly dks ppl too. even if they do get ds and try to pvp theyre just late to the party and usually dont have enough patience to get to know it better. and why would they? ds is mostly dead. spamming runstab and getting destroyed w/ chainstabs as a result doesnt help either i guess. even on eu few tears were shed for that very reason - no honour :P
now, this site has a few old scrubs visiting from time to time so i guess its natural that ds is being favoured here more than anywhere else - we actually played it a lot, not just heard about it after getting into dks.


ps. wishlist? i remember when ppl wished for a poise-like mechanic right before dks release ;) #bgmkingnothing
bialy0021
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:07 am
Country: Poland (pl)

Advertisement

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby rkzhao » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:53 pm

bialy0021 wrote:ps. wishlist? i remember when ppl wished for a poise-like mechanic right before dks release ;) #bgmkingnothing


It was more the PvE and casual players that desired armor to be useful. If I remember correctly, even with all our anticipated hype, when FROM talked about the poise mechanic, the PvP crowd was skeptical. We joked around about hyper armor pushlock and armored estoc BS fishing. It was easy to assume that the poise mechanic would have benefited lighter weapons which added to our skepticism. Unfortunately, things pretty much turned out exactly the way we feared.

If we are going to point fingers at how people affected the development of these games, I generally feel that the idea that DeS was successful because it was "super hard" was a major flaw in how these games have evolved. The whole "prepare to die" thing for DkS was plain stupid to me. Even now, people still talk about DkS as some standard for ultra difficulty in videogames. I feel like the combat mechanics and the enemy/boss encounters suffered as a result. Certainly many of he mechanic changes and boss designed were to make the game "harder".

For me at least, difficulty was never what appealed to me about DeS. It was the solid mechanics, engaging atmosphere, and unique encounters that really made me love both the PvE and PvP in that game. It's probably also why DkS2 held so little interest for me on the PvE side, because it lacked that layer of atmosphere and encounters. Difficulty just happens to be what the average gamer said most about DeS but long time players had always said the game was not hard. It was just a different style of punishment.

Certainly, DkS has been massively successful and the PvE is a more complete package than DeS. I do still feel that many of the encounters and bosses were better designed in DeS.
Demon's Souls Dueling vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/rkzhao
rkzhao
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby numaguggn » Fri May 01, 2015 5:33 am

It's somewhat amusing people discussion pros and cons about Souls in a BB-patch-thread. Says alot about the state of BB. :truce:

Also: There is no such thing as "objectivly the best". If you judge it from Twitch/YT, it would be DaS. It's also considered the best Souls (PvE-wise) from the franchise and I somewhat doubt it will change, since FS is clearly heading to please the "one-time-playtrough"-audience now. Which is cool for them and this certain audience I guess.
User avatar
numaguggn
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:28 pm
Country: Germany (de)

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby Jumilaattori » Fri May 01, 2015 8:29 am

State of bb is great imo. Best pve and bosses. I´m still on my 1st toon. Lots of chalices to be done and all my time goes to PvP, its growing on me. Simple is beautiful. I feel like, I want to get better in this. 2 things bother me, need to suicide/ go to dream to restock bullets. Inconsistent PvP. Like in dks2 it would be 5s wait time between duels.

numaguggn wrote:If you judge it from Twitch/YT, it would be DaS. It's also considered the best Souls (PvE-wise) from the franchise and I somewhat doubt it will change


DaS had that major hype, all that prepare to die shit as rk pointed. It wasn´t hard, it was cheap. Then it was nerfed + all you needed was that 1st heavy armor set and you could literally walk the game smashing r1 while eating hits and drinking bestus while eating hits. So considered by who? They even had des tuto boss ingame 3-4 times :D

Its all subjective but Imo not only has das the worst pvp but also the worst pve. I don´t think its wise to judge souls based on 8-12 yo´s watching twitch.
Hated by most Loved by few Respected by all
User avatar
Jumilaattori
 
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:56 am
Country: Finland (fi)

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby chefchucko » Fri May 01, 2015 8:50 am

Jumi, you nailed it with the twitch comment.

What makes for entertaining viewing doesn't necessarily make for entertaining play. Hell, you can get the right personality to play ball in a cup and people would watch, it doesn't make that a better game chess just cuz more people would watch.

Regardless, this game has been good so far. Patching out things that were broken, some were good. Didn't think the cannon needed it's times fired nerfed....nerfing damage a bit would have been better, or just not letting it be marrowed....seems like a short sighted fix to me.
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right. ~Isaac Asimov
User avatar
chefchucko
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:03 pm
Location: 15 mins west of Boston
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: chefchucko

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby plaintomato » Fri May 01, 2015 12:32 pm

Jumilaattori wrote:DaS had that major hype, all that prepare to die shit as rk pointed. It wasn´t hard, it was cheap. ...Its all subjective but Imo not only has das the worst pvp but also the worst pve.

Your bias knows no limits. I follow the arguments for DeS PVP, but calling DkS1 PVE the worst is kind of :lol: . The hate has clouded your judgement.

DkS1 also had the best lore. And the best hate mail. These are the objective facts as I have subjectively decided them.

Note from "Juli"
 Please do not post other users' PSN IDs without their permission. 
Last edited by Juli on Tue May 05, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image URL.
plaintomato
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:00 pm
Country: United States (us)

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby numaguggn » Fri May 01, 2015 1:23 pm

I don't think only 8-12 year olds are at Twitch, but if that imagination makes one feel better, fine. You can also look at polls on GF, reddit, whatever. Probably there are some infants there aswell who derail those votes. Yes it's hard to find objective facts, and still -- with only those indicators (YT, Twitch, polls, metacritics) left, there is quite a good bias towards DaS1.

All that with BB or DaS2 being "newer", getting old quite quick (DaS2 is way beyond DaS1 since half a year on Twitch). BB is rushing into the abyss aswell atm., because lacking/disfunctional MP. We don't know if that will change with upcoming patches or even a DLC. After all, the gaming community got used to get unfinished games with cut content that hopefully get's released later for additional chunks of money. Cool stuff.
User avatar
numaguggn
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:28 pm
Country: Germany (de)

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby Jumilaattori » Fri May 01, 2015 1:29 pm

Look at yourself Hartigan, you can´t even lift that cannon your carrying!

A regular hit with cannon is around 350 dmg. Then we have around 650 dmg hits. And vs open foes an outstanding 1k dmg. All without ash. If you buff that cannon your carrying it drives 90% of opponents to the brink of pure fear and roll spam/ dashing/ avoiding starts and you can chip with wdr1. It can also be very annoying but due the above numbers I feel like that its better without a buff.

Imo cannon is perhaps the coolest weapon in the series. It´s all about spacing and timing. You can´t fire in a bad angle and the way you time it = dmg.

Reload time after a miss and a good opponent punishing it, is appropriate imo.

plaintomato wrote:Your bias knows no limits. I follow the arguments for DeS PVP, but calling DkS1 PVE the worst is kind of :lol: . The hate has clouded your judgement.

DkS1 also had the best lore. And the best hate mail. These are the objective facts as I have subjectively decided them.
That´s not fair to say m8. For me as meph put it des is 1st love. The gameplay, vibe, blocking an atk and getting staggered, the mechanics. How I evolved in PvP, how I respected all those players that beat me like a strange pig, how I wanted to get better. How much I enjoyed PvP and how the meta evolved. Dks2 and I spent 100h in ng. Ng+ was best in series imo and early 150 pvp was great. Dlcs were great and balance patch for PvP I enjoyed a lot. PvP worked for me and that is endgame.

Bb imo is evolution and the vibe, bosses, creeps and lv desing is on a whole new lv. PvP works for me.

Imo des had way better lore than das. Imo dks2 dlcs made das dlc look bad.

Das had its moments, areas like 3kings (can´t remember actual area name), crypt and anor londo were great. I enjoyed pve and doing builds more than pvp, when in all 3 other games I enjoy PvP. I was decent in das pvp, its not why I dislike it. By far das is the least played game for me and most of that time was being afk and waiting to get summoned and then trying to beat a passive opponent after another and all of them would only try to stab me. I did enjoy the JP gaming culture and the vibe it has. It was the thing that kept me playing das as long as I did.

In DaS pve you either walk in heavy set as I said or you strafe around every damn opponent and backstab them. Then you discover parry and how damn easy it is, to parry every single creep in game including final boss. Also those worms/serpents were ridicilous.

numaguggn wrote:I don't think only 8-12 year olds are at Twitch, but if that imagination makes one feel better, fine. You can also look at polls on GF, reddit, whatever. Probably there are some infants there aswell who derail those votes. Yes it's hard to find objective facts, and still -- with only those indicators (YT, Twitch, polls, metacritics) left, there is quite a good bias towards DaS1.

All that with BB or DaS2 being "newer", getting old quite quick (DaS2 is way beyond DaS1 since half a year on Twitch). BB is rushing into the abyss aswell atm., because lacking/disfunctional MP. We don't know if that will change with upcoming patches or even a DLC. After all, the gaming community got used to get unfinished games with cut content that hopefully get's released later for additional chunks of money. Cool stuff.
Go play das with 5 others that still cling to it and can´t deal with proper souls pvp :lol: That game was all about hype and marketing, gaming sites praising it due des.

Well it did produce dks2 with better pvp so I´d say something good came out from das.
Hated by most Loved by few Respected by all
User avatar
Jumilaattori
 
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:56 am
Country: Finland (fi)

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby numaguggn » Fri May 01, 2015 1:53 pm

Or it got many things (sometimes unintentionally) right and many people share that view.

After that came nothing better. DaS2 was a disappointment with it's strange netcode/floaty movement. BB is okay, but nothing to go crazy about. I would put it beyond DeS.
User avatar
numaguggn
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:28 pm
Country: Germany (de)

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby bialy0021 » Fri May 01, 2015 2:26 pm

numaguggn wrote:Also: There is no such thing as "objectivly the best".

o'rly?

fallout is objectively the best game in the series when it comes to consistent world design/setting. fallout3 is objectively the best in the series when it comes to... sales i guess.

both statements are true. both are facts.


i didnt say 'objectively ds is the best game in the series'. that would be an opinion cos combat isnt the whole game, even if i consider it the most important part of it. i said:
me, myself and i wrote:(...) the best one in 'the series' as far as actual combat in pvp is concerned.

and
me, myself and i wrote:objectively though ds has the most competitive pvp

that is a fact. fact that can be and was supported many times on this very forum by various players that have actually played ds enough to know quite a bit about the game.

dks1 combat system introduces a mechanic that trivalizes both pve and pvp aspects of the game.
when it comes strictly to pvp dks1 combat system is worse because, for example, it makes an already extremely powerful mechanic even more powerful - to the point where other mechanics/tactics are not really worth using, from a competitive standpoint, because theyre inferior options.
numaguggn wrote:If you judge it from Twitch/YT

and what that even has to do with pvp/anything?

thats popularity. its obvious that dks is more popular than ds. its multiplatform, its younger, its more accessible, it had a rather big marketing campaign that focused on challenging players (dat ego yo), an already established player base etc. etc.
as a result it sold better.

hey, you know what? destiny was/is pretty damn popular on twitch/youtube. i guess it has to be one of the best competitive shooters of all time, eh? (hint: its not. its fun but not really competitive in comparison)
i guess every new cod is as well.
numaguggn wrote:You can also look at polls on GF, reddit, whatever.

ah, but wheres metacritic tho?

fallout3 has sold way more copies than fallout. it also has higher metacritic score (critics only).
yet % of ppl that played oroginal fallout at its release and would still say f3 is a better fallout game would be fairly close to 0.

you all seem to forget that for majority dks is the first one in the series. there either is no ds or its just some old ps3 exclusive thats similar.
bialy0021
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:07 am
Country: Poland (pl)

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby plaintomato » Fri May 01, 2015 4:52 pm

numaguggn wrote:Or it got many things (sometimes unintentionally) right and many people share that view.

After that came nothing better. DaS2 was a disappointment with it's strange netcode/floaty movement. BB is okay, but nothing to go crazy about. I would put it beyond DeS.

DaS2 is a weird product of its circumstances. It was mostly disappointing because everybody hoped this is the time they get everything right and advance the series, but it was far from that. It really looks and feels like a stop gap to bring some money in while they were investing in a next gen engine. I think it's an amazing game, and I love it, but if you want to pick apart and complain about one of them, that's the easiest one to fault. No polish, design by commitee, wonky animations, completely dropped the ball on the lore, Soul Memory was a disaster, player segregation at every turn, invasions crippled for the first playthrough. Still, 9/10 any day, I'll take it, and I'll buy it again when I want something other than BB. Gotta wonder how DkS2 is selling on PS4 right now though lol.
bialy0021 wrote:ah, but wheres metacritic tho?

Metacritic says we should all be playing SoulCalibur and THPS2 on our PS1's. Not that anybody cares, but I looked it up for the heck of it. Souls games (DeS-DkS-DkS2-BB):

Critic Score: 89-89-91-92
User Score: 88-87-82-88

Troll zero score by an user going by "bialy" dropped the DkS1 user average from 88 to 87, the review said "Fallout 1 was better so F this noise".
Jumilaattori wrote:That´s not fair to say m8. For me as meph put it des is 1st love...

Bb imo is evolution

Fair enough. The love has clouded your judgement. I hope BB is evolution. Right now the Chalice Dungeon grind is dulling the shine. But it def has that polish that DkS2 was missing, this one wasn't rushed out the door.
plaintomato
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:00 pm
Country: United States (us)

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby bialy0021 » Fri May 01, 2015 6:31 pm

plaintomato wrote:metacritic

oh, u mad? spam that square.

best part is not you checking that silly site but the actual scores xD

ds oficially, objectively, the bestest!
bialy0021
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:07 am
Country: Poland (pl)

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby plaintomato » Fri May 01, 2015 6:58 pm

bialy0021 wrote:oh, u mad? spam that square.

best part is not you checking that silly site but the actual scores xD

ds oficially, objectively, the bestest!

:evil: I am going to drain that old lady dry.
plaintomato
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:00 pm
Country: United States (us)

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby rkzhao » Fri May 01, 2015 9:11 pm

Popularity and sales never equates to quality, especially nowadays. It's simply a matter of marketing hype and what's new.

The comparison of DeS with the newer games maybe a bit of an case of apples and oranges. With DkS and onwards, the core design focus shifted, or at least it seem to have shifted. The later games focused a lot more on high difficulty and challenge because that was the misconception about what made people like DeS. In contrast, DeS felt like it was more interested in creating varied and engaging PvE encounters rather than just difficult ones. The perceived difficulty was more a side affect of the unique gameplay mechanics. For PvP, it was the many bugs and exploits that made DeS an accidentally balanced and competitive environment. I like to compare it to classic arcade fighting games. The newer games have behaved more as designed and the PvE-centric design decisions become more apparent. Patches are then put in to haphazardly force those mechanics to work better for PvP but it's hard to escape issues with the core design.

Actually, comparing DkS2 might also be a bit out of place. It feels more like a knock off on the formula rather than an official entry in the series.

With all that said, if I were to rank all the games, for PvE, if I tried to be more objective, I'd probably say, BB, DkS1, DeS, DkS2. Subjectively, I'd rank it DeS, BB, DkS1, DkS2 because of the more varied encounters and my preference for the atmosphere/lore in DeS. Atmosphere/lore is pretty much a purely subjective topic. As an overall package, the connected world in BB and DkS creates an arguably fuller experience. However, I never cared much about the connected world and while I can appreciate the attempt in DkS, BB is the first one to really pull it off well imo. I also do think that objectively, DeS had better thought out encounters and variety but whether that actually makes the PvE better or more interesting is more subjective.

For PvP, no surprise here. I'd rank it DeS, DkS2, DkS1. I'm withholding judgement on BB for now but I would likely put it around DkS2. My main focus here is competitive balance. On the surface, the PvP feels similar enough in these games so I can certainly see how people can enjoy (or dislike) PvP in any of these games. Even many of the old DeS crowd did still had some fun in DkS1 PvP for at least a little bit.

That may be part of why DkS1 was so disappointing and frustrating for me. While it is certainly my least favorite for PvP, there were some things about it that I actually liked, at least conceptually. Even now, DkS1 Murakumo remains as one of my favorite weapon in the series. Unfortunately, most of the (PvE) "enhancements" that was put in to that game ended up diluting and detracting from the competitive PvP experience. DkS1 felt like it had so much potential on paper but it fell so incredibly short in practice.

But hey, if it wasn't for games like DkS1 killing any PvP expectations and DkS2 tempering my PvE expectations, I probably wouldn't be as pleasantly impressed by BB. The PvE is pretty solid and the PvP is enjoyable enough. Always look on the bright side right? :D
Demon's Souls Dueling vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/rkzhao
rkzhao
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby plaintomato » Sat May 02, 2015 1:27 am

Oh wait, did I go to metacritic? I meant to go to Gamefaqs. Surely there is no source with more objectivity and integrity than Gamefaqs. DkS1 is most winner of all times! DeS was a miserable failure! Just don't read the comments, you must have blind faith in the poll results and simply believe.
plaintomato
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:00 pm
Country: United States (us)

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby Cam » Sat May 02, 2015 4:37 pm

This thread's starting to look like the one on Gamefaqs.
Asher wrote:I've got a sword and board warrior going so its up close an personal with their fat faces
Cam
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:32 am
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: slabofiron

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby plaintomato » Sat May 02, 2015 6:46 pm

Nah, I skimmed the gfaqs thread. It's seven pages of:
"DeS wasn't as laggy cause it had server based PVP"
"It was so laggy, it had server based matchmaking but the PVP was P2P"
"Prove it"
"No, you prove it"

Then a bunch of shoddy internet references...
...wait I posted shoddy internet references...so then I guess, yeah, you're kind of right.

Some poor soul is going to find this thread someday just looking for info on patch 1.03.
plaintomato
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:00 pm
Country: United States (us)

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby Cam » Sun May 03, 2015 7:07 am

Well, if they get this far into the thread, I'd say they were more interested in the side-topic at hand. Hmhm.
Asher wrote:I've got a sword and board warrior going so its up close an personal with their fat faces
Cam
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:32 am
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: slabofiron

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby Jumilaattori » Sun May 03, 2015 9:21 am

I stopped reading gfaqs early dks2, it was like a circus with monkeys and clowns and that whacky music would play 24/7.
Hated by most Loved by few Respected by all
User avatar
Jumilaattori
 
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:56 am
Country: Finland (fi)

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby HatchetCam » Mon May 04, 2015 6:18 am

bialy0021 wrote:ds oficially, objectively, the bestest!


That's the right word !

Considering pve, alot of good things have been added in DkS but what made DeS so good disapeared (world tendancies, no poise, the path to upgrade your stuff and character, the amount of weapons that were good for all those upgrades...). For pvp, even with lag (it was prolly more often laggy but the lag was way more intense compared to DkS where you could die to someone's not moving on your screen), phantom range etc... it was still better but also way more competitive.

DkS killed DeS spirit of pve but mostly of pvp. (I've played a huge lot DkS, a just a few DkS2).

BB is great, I enjoy the pvp but I don't think it can raise up to be as good as DeS.
User avatar
HatchetCam
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:30 pm
Country: France (fr)

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby rkzhao » Mon May 04, 2015 5:22 pm

HatchetCam wrote:Considering pve, alot of good things have been added in DkS but what made DeS so good disapeared


Another thing to add to that. I think part of what made DeS so atmospheric for me was actually because the different areas were not connected. Within a single archstone, the different levels still had very much different feels but each archstone had a drastically different overarching atmosphere and theme. They felt like completely different areas that would be separated by great distances. That sense of contrast was mostly lost for me in all these single world implementations.

In DkS1, the transitions often felt too abrupt and actually took away from the immersion for me. The world was simply too small to make some of the leaps believable. In BB, the overall world felt more cohesive but it also made most places feel pretty similar. Some of the most atmospheric places in these two games came from some sort of disconnected transition like Painted World or the outside of Cainhurst.

It's kind of the nature of the connected design. If the change in atmosphere is too drastic over too short a distance, it feels too jarring. If the transition is more subtle, you lose that sense of contrast.
Demon's Souls Dueling vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/rkzhao
rkzhao
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby Zubroska40 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:08 am

FS has tried some news things for BB's PvP.

They have done a new hyper amor system and new hitbox system for the PvP in BB.

R2/L1/L2 have hyper armor (after the beginning of the movement) ONLY against 1 R1. All others hits interrupt the movement, even in the middle/end of the movement.

Charged R2 has full hyper armor when the blue light begins and jumped attack full hyper armor when you re hitting.

It s clever system, for me the best hyper armor system in all FS games.

The hitbox system is good too, direct hits work like in DeS and DkS1, but BB has a low damage hitbox zone too with AOE weapon, like hammer/wheel/ludwig : if you hit your opponent with a small part of the hitbox, the damages are decreased by 50%.

backstep R1 ludwig and hammer (run R1 too with hammer) do a "block hit"like a great shield bash on DeS. We even can block a canon ^^.

I love the new backside molotov cocktails too^^
Zubroska40
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:17 pm
Country: France (fr)
PSN Name: zubroska40

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby rkzhao » Tue May 05, 2015 2:21 pm

Zubroska40 wrote:FS has tried some news things for BB's PvP.

They have done a new hyper amor system and new hitbox system for the PvP in BB.


:lol: reminds me of what b was saying earlier with people discovering "new" tech.
Demon's Souls Dueling vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/rkzhao
rkzhao
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby Jumilaattori » Tue May 05, 2015 10:54 pm

Lmao.

I bought dk2 for ps4. Lost connection to network returning to main menu every 10-20 min was too much among all the other vading related bugs. Just too messy atm and when it´s wdr1, dash sideways, restock after 2 fights (cannon) and can´t rest at lamp it was an easy buy. Also started another toon and even though pve is very solid I realized that eventually I have to do those early dungeon which are boring.

I like PvP and it was growing on me but early on I had a feeling that bb will be my least played souls game when it comes to PvP.

Imo you need to be able to rest at lamp to restock and online needs to be fixed. Then its only a matter of max gems and 2 shots but maybe I´ll grind for 15% hp rune and can take 3 shots.
Hated by most Loved by few Respected by all
User avatar
Jumilaattori
 
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:56 am
Country: Finland (fi)

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby Zubroska40 » Wed May 06, 2015 6:16 am

About hyper armor : wheel and Ludwig R1 have hyper armor too, just a precision.

Actually i use + 10% HP and + 15% HP runes.

1300 HP when i m a "ghost". 1850_1900 HP when i m in human form. (same than on DKS1)

An UGS or a hammer killed with 3 normal hits R1 on DkS1 with 27 strength (2handed). 2 R2 killed.

If we don't consider the OP bloodtinge build or rifle spear build (this needs a BIG NERF!)

Even with 800 AR a R1 with a big weapon (wheel/hammer/ludwig) does at max 400 damages for a normal hit. A L2/L1/LR2 does 500 damages per normal hit.

It s pretty the same number of normal hits to kill than on DkS1 and 2, even with the best gems.

BB's fights are shorter because the game is very fast (DkS2's speed is booooorriinnggggg! I never managed to increase my cardiac pulsation when i played at this game tbh, and i NEED it to take more pleasure in all things i do xD), and also because some hits are OP (forward dash R1 with BoM does 500 damages for a normal hit, don't know why this hit is so strong lol).

The one shot parry with a dex build is not a help too. Claw-mark rune is totally useless for PvP.
It s funny to see how much dex builds are so better in PvP than strength builds since DkS1.^^

IMO Japs have some issues with big things! lol (sorry for this bad joke :P )
Zubroska40
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:17 pm
Country: France (fr)
PSN Name: zubroska40

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby Jumilaattori » Wed May 06, 2015 7:50 am

My best gem is 23% and lowest 20%. I 3 shot vaders with r1,r1,r1 like 85% of time. Usually its wdr1,wdr1,wdr1.

Good luck hitting with ugs or hammer in DaS :lol:

Point was that gaxe, dbs etc. could 3 shot in des. In bb a very fast katana can 2 shot. I haven´t grinded 15% HP rune, I got 1134 HP and katana 2 shots me. If they spam gun, dunno about 300 per bullet?

Direct hit dmg is too much in bb, even in pve. If you fail to dodge you can be 1 shotted in pve and 2 shotted in pvp.

BB is not really faster it has OP dodge mechanic and fights are spamming dash and cause parry so easy wdr1.

Clawmark is a matter of 1shotting with riposte / leaving them to 10-300 HP.

Despite that all and more, I do enjoy pvp but its still too messy, waiting that long for a fight is not fun nor is constant server probs.

Dks2 scholar is a great game + very busy with a working online. Fact is that dks2 has the best diversity for weapons,setups and movesets and armors and rings. Without broken stabs (des,das) without broken parry (bb).

:)

Go B team!

Also, I´m lv 63 and nonstop vaders/vading at bell tower. And unlike bb´s 20 vial spam low/mid fights where +6 weapons do 300 riposte dmg these are fun, rocking +6 longswords, powerstance ftw. One thing tho, dks2 without fps lag feels weird, pvp is too smooth hehe.
Hated by most Loved by few Respected by all
User avatar
Jumilaattori
 
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:56 am
Country: Finland (fi)

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby bialy0021 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:50 am

Zub wrote:R2/L1/L2 have hyper armor (after the beginning of the movement) ONLY against 1 R1. All others hits interrupt the movement, even in the middle/end of the movement.

Charged R2 has full hyper armor when the blue light begins and jumped attack full hyper armor when you re hitting.

i dunno man. ive been stunned plenty out of r2/l1/l2 by simple r1s while mid animation and using ludwig 2h.

i dont really remember dks2 all that well but garg says that poise would activate only mid animation (attacks). could be just that or something similar. i prefer simple and consistent hyper from ds.

also, ludwig doesnt seem to have any aoe on its attacks. sadly, that alone makes it worse than kirk... and theres more.

in general, i dont think theres any argument over gems at this point. fully slotted weapons can and will 2-3 hko you. blades of pra0s can do 600+ on dash attacks cos of 1.4 multiplier or something like that :)
for the same reason ludwig is held in such high regard but actually is/hits weaker than many lower ar weapons. different multipliers.
parries and viscerals (removing gems also helps here, a tiny bit) are another thing.

and yh, from somehow made str on par (more less) with dex in ds and even the best weapon in the series is str and not a kat. after that theyve made a secret vow never to make that mistake again, it is known ;)
imho stake driver is a little tragedy. such a cool weapon.


@Jumi
use chalice w/ few ppl and youll get decent amount of action w/ not too much downtime. truth be told, ive never had any probs in mensis or mergos either.

dunno how can you guys play dks2, especially after bb, but whatever floats your boat i guess... get it? :P
bialy0021
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:07 am
Country: Poland (pl)

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby Zubroska40 » Wed May 06, 2015 10:11 am

I ve no problem of matchmaking and i do a fight each minute on BB since the patch tbh. (sl 110 mergo loft/ central Yharnam)


Against a non DWGR users, UGS are cool on DkS1 when u re used to fight with them. Of course, if my opponent go for a toogle bs each time i touch him, i ll switch...

All you say on BB is right.



DkS2 is the "Souls" PvP i like the less. That s my opinion, i like DkS2 PvP but ...

Shitty net code, ice skating souls (You know what i mean), easiest parries with parry dagger or target cible IMO, stupid I frame backstep makes fights ridiculous to watch, so slow than the most of you tube vids are accelerated (funny to notice right?^^ Even to watch, it s a boring PvP, it seems...), the worst balanced PvP i ve ever seen. ( SM is a Japanese joke, than EU and NA people did not get it.xD) Even jumped attack are stupidly easy to do with their auto tracking.

The only things good is the cancel of attack and the parry with 2 handed weapon, the arena and the rings u win with covenants and specific runs and than missed parries are punished by a direct hit. (that s a big problem on DkS1, so easy to do a false parry against a jumped attack to counter it then backstab for the very long time of recovery...)

It s hard to receive as "real opinion" a negative mind about a "souls" PvP, especially DeS and DkS1 because you have to learn a lot of glitchs to enjoy the real PvP.

If you don't know how toggle, avoid stun bs, how to parry a bs attempt, 360 cross up and dead angle against a passive turtle estoc, you can't seriously speak about DkS1 PvP issues right?

I m 6 times rank 3 BoB with 6 different kind of weapons on DkS2, and i ve the impression than i play exactly like i played when i was noob. Very few thing to learn to be "good" on this game, and a very easy timing to learn because the game is too slow.

DkS2 PvP was a deception for me.
Zubroska40
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:17 pm
Country: France (fr)
PSN Name: zubroska40

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby rkzhao » Wed May 06, 2015 1:21 pm

Zubro, have you ever played DeS pvp?
Demon's Souls Dueling vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/rkzhao
rkzhao
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby Zubroska40 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:55 pm

Sure, i m in love with DeS PvP (and PvE TBH), i ve more than 50 builds on EU version, 8 for NA version. xD
Zubroska40
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:17 pm
Country: France (fr)
PSN Name: zubroska40

PreviousNext

Return to Bloodborne Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

  • Advertisement
cron