Patch 1.03 is live

General discussion of all things Bloodborne

Re: Patch 1.03 is live

Postby Zubroska40 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:13 pm

I can't sold my PS3 because i can't admit than one Day, the deep fog will spread in all Boletaria and this game will be forgotten by all slayers of demons.

I want to continue to bring more souls to the Old One, definitely my OWN GOD.

I hope the stone of my own tomb will be a master piece for the resurrection of the 6 th archstone! 8-)

UMBASA! :twisted:
Zubroska40

PSN Name: zubroska40

Advertisement

Postby Jumilaattori » Thu May 07, 2015 5:37 am

Zubroska40 wrote:If you don't know how toggle, avoid stun bs, how to parry a bs attempt, 360 cross up and dead angle against a passive turtle estoc, you can't seriously speak about DkS1 PvP issues right?
All irrelevant since every player in dks1 is a turtle and all you do is stab,stab,stab.

Backpedal by doing a small circle but remember to eat your grass, stamina management is bad and ultra passive style requires infinite stamina. Try to stab opponent and opponent tries to stab you.

Zubroska40 wrote:I m 6 times rank 3 BoB with 6 different kind of weapons on DkS2, and i ve the impression than i play exactly like i played when i was noob. Very few thing to learn to be "good" on this game, and a very easy timing to learn because the game is too slow.

DkS2 PvP was a deception for me.
So we talking about 2-3k hours here? You simply burned out. I made lv 150 with 9 vit to rank3 and when average opponent was lv 220 it was no picnic. Yesterday I fought as bellbro with low rings and 2 useless rings. Base tseldora set and and longswords +6 yet I beat campers with optimized low lv build that were 2shotting me with spell + r1 or 3 shotting with their buffed weapons when I needed like 10 hits for a kill.

Also by far dks2 is the most played game for you, with most matches yes?

When 2 aggressive players meet and stay within 12 yards, its truly enjoyable imo :)

Zubroska40 wrote:Even jumped attack are stupidly easy to do with their auto tracking.
I love jump atk with ugs. Its pretty stupidly easy to avoid too but adds to viable attacks thus to viable weapons and move sets, unlike wdr1 in bb or r1 for stab in dks1.

bialy0021 wrote:
Zub wrote:R2/L1/L2 have hyper armor (after the beginning of the movement) ONLY against 1 R1. All others hits interrupt the movement, even in the middle/end of the movement.

Charged R2 has full hyper armor when the blue light begins and jumped attack full hyper armor when you re hitting.

i dunno man. ive been stunned plenty out of r2/l1/l2 by simple r1s while mid animation and using ludwig 2h.

i dont really remember dks2 all that well but garg says that poise would activate only mid animation (attacks). could be just that or something similar. i prefer simple and consistent hyper from ds.

also, ludwig doesnt seem to have any aoe on its attacks. sadly, that alone makes it worse than kirk... and theres more.

in general, i dont think theres any argument over gems at this point. fully slotted weapons can and will 2-3 hko you. blades of pra0s can do 600+ on dash attacks cos of 1.4 multiplier or something like that :)
for the same reason ludwig is held in such high regard but actually is/hits weaker than many lower ar weapons. different multipliers.
parries and viscerals (removing gems also helps here, a tiny bit) are another thing.

and yh, from somehow made str on par (more less) with dex in ds and even the best weapon in the series is str and not a kat. after that theyve made a secret vow never to make that mistake again, it is known ;)
imho stake driver is a little tragedy. such a cool weapon.

@Jumi
use chalice w/ few ppl and youll get decent amount of action w/ not too much downtime. truth be told, ive never had any probs in mensis or mergos either.

dunno how can you guys play dks2, especially after bb, but whatever floats your boat i guess... get it? :P

I prefer match after match.

60 fps ps4 scholar is not the same as ps3 30 fps pre dlcs and pre massive PvP patch.

BB has online probs atm and its slow action. Gems are the worst thing that happened to souls PvP since dks1. PvP is dashing around and wdr1. After 2 wdr1 a heal incoming which you parry, go riposte and gg or 1 wdr1 and time cannon to opponents swing and gg. No redstone,no arena and did I say messy online?

Imo with such a short learning curve and only 1-2 weapons per build PvP in its current state is not worth it.

To quote you b, I play souls for PvP ;)

Dks2 has everything now, low lv chicken hawks, high lv trolls, 4 man jumper squads and lv 500 vs 50 in arena!
Hated by most Loved by few Respected by all
Jumilaattori

Postby musicismath » Thu May 07, 2015 4:48 pm

Des has that perfect mix of simplicity and depth. New things being discovered right up to the very end as played out as it was. So many phases and versions and evolutions of the game for any player... but the core was simple and solid. It restored faith in gaming for me and many others I imagine.

Dks so much hype and it was very pretty... but changed the series in all the wrong ways and I think damaged it in the end... it kicked off this cycle of reigniting the interest, then listlessness, then waiting for the sequel and still divides the 'community'.

Dks2 was like an awesome remix of dks, for me. Pve is just way too long I think. Pvp never gelled. I was amazed how good it was after dks. I can really see why some hate on it, the whole thing getting so watered down at this point. As much as I like almost everything about it I can't feel the desire to really pick it up again.

Definitely on the fence at this point. As much as I want to jump on BB I don't want to repeat that cycle, getting burned and frustrated again with the series... it's really 50/50 now. Full circle to the way it was before demon's souls.
musicismath

PSN Name: musicismath

Postby rkzhao » Thu May 07, 2015 6:51 pm

Get BB for PvE, not PvP.

My sentiment towards BB PvP is pretty similar to Jumi. I had many skeptical worries even just during my initial run of the PvE. I was skeptical about gun parrying just by the concept. The NPC fight with Henryk and the other hunters throughout the game reinforced my concerns. When I saw the first +10% damage gem, I was concerned about the balance of gems for damage output. Then the 18-20% gems showed up towards the end of the game. Just talking about a constant +60% AR bonus sounded pretty ridiculous on paper. With the chalice gems, it goes closer to +80% and coupled with the invader health deficit, it was pretty easy to see how the damage might be a problem.

There's plenty of actual competitively balanced games for me to get my rocks off. Souls type PvP had been reduced to a minor distraction for me ever since DkS1 so there's nothing new here. I'll just keep DeS as a pleasant memory and have a slight hope that someday, FROM might be able to recapture that level of competitive balance and experience. Maybe one of these times, they'll actually take some input from the competitive PvP communities in these games. I'm sure we can come up with an interesting and balanced set of mechanics for both PvE and PvP.
Demon's Souls Dueling vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/rkzhao
rkzhao

Postby Cam » Thu May 07, 2015 9:07 pm

Bloodborne needs something like SC, to balance out the damage gems.

I have no idea how much damage I do to other players, since I'm way out of range, but my AR is 905 currently, before buffing. It feels great for PvE, but it'd probably make duels too quick to really enjoy.
Asher wrote:I've got a sword and board warrior going so its up close an personal with their fat faces
Cam

PSN Name: slabofiron

Postby bialy0021 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:03 pm

@Jumi
indeed, i do. yet, i rather dabble in bb for a bit more cos, unlike dks2, bb at least feels good. if you can stand dks2 animations, delay (even in pve, sic!), hitboxes, tracking and all that - cool, hf :)

like someone already said, after few games expectations arent as high.
im making another build for kirk (which ill prolly never truly finish), been fooling around with stake driver in mergos again and we just had some gemless fights in a chalice. fun stuff. bb is fun. fast, responsive, tight, simply feels good. of course theres silly stuff, but pretty much everything can be resolved with a patch because its mostly just adjusting things. theres no fundamentally broken mechanic here (you can add longer recovery for guns, remove skl bonus on visc etc.).
not that i think from will be able/wants to make these/any changes but you get the point.

also, its over 100% more from gems rk (27.2 phys). bonus is multiplicative xD

few things coming out on 19th and i got this (x3) waiting for me.
not really desperate for pvp in bb either but when/if theres dlc for ill get it. i think this one, finally, is worth it
bialy0021

Postby rkzhao » Fri May 08, 2015 1:46 am

To me, the "brokenness" in BB is pretty comparable to DkS2, but I do like the feel of the game better. DkS2 community has had a bit more time to get things figured out for fight clubs. I'd expect similar things for BB. The community will probably do something for gems much like how fight clubs still emerged around SM.

bialy0021 wrote:few things coming out on 19th and i got this (x3) waiting for me.

I'll call your space musket and raise you a hawkawesome.
rkzhao

Postby Jumilaattori » Fri May 08, 2015 5:38 am

I never had any problems with dks2 mechanics. What is this delay b? Delay after moves like light atk to strong? Learn hitboxes, learn tracking. Like I said its not the same game you played.

Like rk said, get bb for pve. I´ll be doing chalices and maybe start a new toon at somepoint but waiting for patches.

When online gets a patch and you can rest at lamp, I´ll try pvp again but bb needs PvP dlc :lol:
Jumilaattori

Postby bialy0021 » Fri May 08, 2015 6:26 am

Jumilaattori wrote:I never had any problems with dks2 mechanics. What is this delay b? Delay after moves like light atk to strong? Learn hitboxes, learn tracking. Like I said its not the same game you played.

i dont really have any problems with mechanics there either but
Jumilaattori wrote:When online gets a patch and you can rest at lamp, I´ll try pvp again but bb needs PvP dlc :lol:

it could use one, yup. i still prefer bb gameplay, even on vanilla.
rkzhao wrote:I'll call your space musket and raise you a hawkawesome.

ooo, fireteam?
bialy0021

Postby plaintomato » Fri May 08, 2015 4:23 pm

Jumilaattori wrote:BB has online probs atm and its slow action. Gems are the worst thing that happened to souls PvP since dks1. PvP is dashing around and wdr1. After 2 wdr1 a heal incoming which you parry, go riposte and gg or 1 wdr1 and time cannon to opponents swing and gg. No redstone,no arena and did I say messy online?

Imo with such a short learning curve and only 1-2 weapons per build PvP in its current state is not worth it.

Sums up my feeling on BB PVP pretty much. The gems are annoying but whatever I can deal with only having 18%ers. But the PVP seems just too simple to stay interesting for as long as any of the Souls games. It's all dashing and spamming. At first the pace is great fun but then you start to feel like the complexity of the Souls games is just missing.

Still lots of fun to be had with BB, but unless I'm wrong about this I'll be back to DkS2 before the next game comes out. Right now BB PVP is looking like the least interesting in the series. I love the BB weapons and movesets though...can they patch these into DkS2 lol?
plaintomato

Postby rkzhao » Fri May 08, 2015 4:46 pm

bialy0021 wrote:ooo, fireteam?

Haha, a few familiar names there. With the gifts from our cthulhu faced friend today, I have completed my weapon collection. Now I'm just getting ready for May 19th.
rkzhao

Postby Jumilaattori » Sat May 09, 2015 4:44 am

rkzhao wrote:Haha, a few familiar names there. With the gifts from our cthulhu faced friend today, I have completed my weapon collection. Now I'm just getting ready for May 19th.
Aha. By 19th I thought maybe witcher3 but a dlc to space hopper!

plaintomato wrote:Sums up my feeling on BB PVP pretty much. The gems are annoying but whatever I can deal with only having 18%ers. But the PVP seems just too simple to stay interesting for as long as any of the Souls games. It's all dashing and spamming. At first the pace is great fun but then you start to feel like the complexity of the Souls games is just missing.

Still lots of fun to be had with BB, but unless I'm wrong about this I'll be back to DkS2 before the next game comes out. Right now BB PVP is looking like the least interesting in the series. I love the BB weapons and movesets though...can they patch these into DkS2 lol?
I´m at dragon aerie now and I can understand the vanilla complaints about lore and whatnot. The game feels complete now. Dlc keys are scattered to the world, its pretty nice to figure out. Not only better graphs and fps but they´ve changed some areas and there´s more of everything. Items and key items are in different areas and places. New creeps and different creeps in different areas.

I got longswords,santier´s,warped,oldwhip and greatsword (ugs) Variation is a lot better than in bb even at this early point. Powerstance and ugs moveset also feels great after bb. Whips are dots are awesome can´t wait to get PS spotted whips, sanctum mace and richards rapier.

Covenants and grinding rank I also always enjoyed and online is busy. Rain looks good and my sword is glistening in the sun.

Scholar was a very positive surprice, it does feel like a slowmo after bb and I get that ice skating comment by zub but I like it. Can and do recommend it.

Can´t wait to see the dlcs and ng+
Jumilaattori

Postby Zubroska40 » Sat May 09, 2015 6:49 am

Jumi :

I only needed 850H to get all i ve said before. I can give u a screen of that if u don't believe me. I told that to get some credits when i say than i don't like DkS2 PvP : i know this PvP very well, and i don't like it.

I m not the best DeS/DkS1/DkS2/BB's PvP/PvE player.

DkS2 is not the "souls" the most played in PvP : DS1 on PS3 has more sales than DkS2 sales on all support. Dont know where u ve heard that DkS2 is the most payed... Give me a link i can 't believe this shit.

Jumped attacks are great on BB Imo. On DkS1 the recovery time was an issue, but i liked too.

About DkS1 pvp, this PvP gives you what you deserve : stupid bs fishing with high poise and DWGR, clever PvP with all glitchs, very low poise and fast roll.

It s really easy to kill a turtle with 360 ghost strike queelag, far easier than to kill a turtle on DeS. (even if 360 ghost strike works on DeS too, but quelaag has a great range and it s very cool against backpedaling guys)

I stop with DkS1 PvP. It s obvious you did not like it. Too much DWGR uses i guess.^^

About DkS2, i ve watched some PS4 vids, i can't see any diff in the hitbox and the speed of the game. It s exactly the same PvP to watch.

Anyway, DkS2 PvP is not in my taste. Nice to know than other peeps manage to have fun with it.
Zubroska40

Postby Jumilaattori » Sat May 09, 2015 9:10 am

No need to provide anything, each to their own. This is why restaurants have menus and all that.

I just want to make it clear that scholar is not the same game and worth the buck even if you dislike the PvP.
Jumilaattori

Postby Zubroska40 » Sat May 09, 2015 11:02 am

DkS2 SotFS is definitely not the same game... New Boss, new game play, so much new things about the lore!

That' s why they called it DkS3, but a taping error appeared! :lol:

Sorry, i could not resist at this joke.^^
Zubroska40

Previous

Return to Bloodborne Discussion