General Thread for Untested Theories

General discussion of all things Bloodborne

General Thread for Untested Theories

Postby spacehamster » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:55 am

Of course I'm starting this one because I have a specific untested theory in mind, but I was thinking maybe it would help if we had one to discuss anything we noticed that may or may not actually work the way we think.

I'm in NG++ and completely and utterly stuck at Vicar Amelia. I beat her handily in NG+ - in fact, I was really over-levelled and could practically cheese her. And now I'm getting completely curb-stomped. I've also tried summoning a few times, and everyone I've summoned has died in seconds. Since I'm around lvl 150 at this point, these must've been experienced players. Well, unless they were all dupe glitchers. So here's what I think:

1. Echoes yield per killed enemy increases very little in NG++ compared to NG+, but damage output increases significantly. I've also been two-shotted by one of the hooded beasts outside the BSB boss fog with the Cainhurst set on and 50 VIT.

2. Possibly, there is something else going on that affects Amelia's damage output and/or resistance. Everytime I've fought her until now, I killed the BSB first, and this is the first time I'm doing it with the Hunter rune. In NG+ I think I had no covenant rune at all, or possibly Alfred's. I just don't see what the BSB and Amelia would have to do with each other, lore-wise.
PSN, XBL, GFWL, Steam - spacehamsterZH
spacehamster

PSN Name: spacehamsterZH

Advertisement

Re: General Thread for Untested Theories

Postby spacehamster » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:02 am

Are Arcane builds essentially useless in NG+ and beyond? I'm working on one now, and I'm expecting to get torn to pieces in NG+. As I'm sure everyone knows by now, fire damage is nerfed so hard in NG+ already that molotovs, for example, become essentially useless - I went from about a 50% damage bonus with fire paper on Amelia to maybe a 10% increase. That was manageable my first time because it was a Quality build, but my current build is SKL/ARC with the Blade of Mercy and spells, and without decent Arcane damage, both of these will become pretty much useless.

I honestly wonder if the extreme hit elemental damage takes in NG+ was intentional. Replaying in NG does make me feel like the molotovs are basically a win button the first time around, but to essentially break all elemental damage in NG+ seems a tad... extreme.
PSN, XBL, GFWL, Steam - spacehamsterZH
spacehamster

PSN Name: spacehamsterZH

Return to Bloodborne Discussion