blood rocks!

General discussion of all things Bloodborne

blood rocks!

Postby beastly » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:32 pm

are there ways to get more than one blood rock a play through?
beastly

PSN Name: Beastly101

Advertisement

Re: blood rocks!

Postby Juli » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:36 pm

You can get one in Chalice Dungeons. I don't know if this resets on NG+. You should find it as random loot. After you get your first Blood Rock as random loot from a dungeon, any subsequent would-be rocks will turn into Madman's Knowledge instead.
Formerly Saturday-Saint
Juli

PSN Name: TalentedJuli

Postby beastly » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:00 pm

Juli wrote:You can get one in Chalice Dungeons. I don't know if this resets on NG+. You should find it as random loot. After you get your first Blood Rock as random loot from a dungeon, any subsequent would-be rocks will turn into Madman's Knowledge instead.

Thank you sir! Been so busy searching every nook and cranny in the campaign portion of the game haven't really gone to deep into the chalice dungeons yet.
beastly

PSN Name: Beastly101

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:02 am

Juli wrote:You can get one in Chalice Dungeons. I don't know if this resets on NG+. You should find it as random loot. After you get your first Blood Rock as random loot from a dungeon, any subsequent would-be rocks will turn into Madman's Knowledge instead.

Are you absolutey certain of that last part SS? Im yet to stumble upon a Rock on either of my playthroughs within the story or the chalice dungeons so i cannot confirm or deny the fact that subsequent rocks turn to madmens knowledge but that seems rather drastic. If that is the case we are limited to two rocks per playthrough?!

As NG+ doesnt effect dungoen difficulty only the depth does im not sure if going into a NG would rest anything within the dungeon. Im thinking if what you say is indeed accurate it would only be in place for standard chalice's and not root chalices? Root chalices are randomly generated and so i figure is the loot. I can understand them putting this limitation on standard chalices as you could litterally farm the hell out of one chalice over and over again by taking it off and replacing it so long as you have the materials but it doesnt make sense for root chalices.

Not calling you out here just curious if this is first hand experience or you have seen an articale somewhere. Either way it wouldnt surprise me with From... Evil so n so's
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCTQGmv3U5t3U93ynh6UHSTQ
M3mnoch_1987

PSN Name: Main: M3mn0ch_1987 - Alt: YourUglyGranny - Alt2: MemIsAno0B

Postby DidoRumbus » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:59 am

So according to the link below, it seems that you are limited to 1 blood rock per chalice type per play through (plus the one from the main story) -- the maximum you could possibly get in a given playthrough should be 5. So if you have already picked up a blood rock in a Pthumeru (Depth 5) root dungeon, for example, then even using other seeds you will not be able to collect another rock in Pthumeru (will be replaced with great one's wisdom).

http://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comm ... periences/
DidoRumbus

PSN Name: DidoRumbus

Postby Juli » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:29 am

I stand corrected. My information came from many people reporting that once they'd found a blood rock, using anybody else's seed to get another rock resulted in them getting Insight items instead. DidoRumbus's link offers a deeper explanation, and shows that you can in fact get 3 blood rocks from chalice dungeons (Hintertombs has no depth 5, and from that thread, it seems you MUST be in depth 5 to get a blood rock).
Formerly Saturday-Saint
Juli

PSN Name: TalentedJuli

Postby DidoRumbus » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:34 am

Juli wrote:I stand corrected. My information came from many people reporting that once they'd found a blood rock, using anybody else's seed to get another rock resulted in them getting Insight items instead. DidoRumbus's link offers a deeper explanation, and shows that you can in fact get 3 blood rocks from chalice dungeons (Hintertombs has no depth 5, and from that thread, it seems you MUST be in depth 5 to get a blood rock).

Ahh that makes sense, still 4 per play through is very nice. You can get all 4 main weapons to +10 without progressing to NG+.
DidoRumbus

PSN Name: DidoRumbus

Postby Sheikhsiva » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:37 am

Ah...reminds of the good old days when slabs were sooooo difficult to get. .then From went and made it so you couldn't turn around without bumping your toe on a slab. ..once we are all done with our multiple playthroughs they'll release a patch where every villager in Yarnahm is carrying a blood rock on their back .....happy hunting all. ...
Sheikhsiva

PSN Name: Sheikhsiva

Postby plaintomato » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:55 pm

IMO, running the NG++ cycles is frankly a much easier, faster and funner way to get Blood Rocks then doing the Chalice Dungeons. The game is actually really short if you're skipping all the side stuff. But you have be okay with the bunch of +18% drop gems you'll be finding next to that Blood Rock, instead of the OP cursed gems you can access if you farm the crap out of the dungeons.

Also, NG+ throws so many souls at you, you won't know what to do with them all, so you can be at your build level in a blink and have your Rocks too.
plaintomato

Postby HazelrahFiver » Sun May 10, 2015 9:25 am

DidoRumbus wrote:
Juli wrote:I stand corrected. My information came from many people reporting that once they'd found a blood rock, using anybody else's seed to get another rock resulted in them getting Insight items instead. DidoRumbus's link offers a deeper explanation, and shows that you can in fact get 3 blood rocks from chalice dungeons (Hintertombs has no depth 5, and from that thread, it seems you MUST be in depth 5 to get a blood rock).

Ahh that makes sense, still 4 per play through is very nice. You can get all 4 main weapons to +10 without progressing to NG+.

Four per playthrough is not exactly accurate. The three that you can get in the dungeons are a one-time occurrence, even if you go into NG+. The dungeons aren't affected by NG+ cycles, so once you get the three Rocks available they are gone forever for that character, never to be replenished. You can get one Rock in every NG+ cycle in Mensis.

1 Blood Rock per game cycle (replenishing)
3 Blood Rocks in the dungeons (non-replenishing)
DkS Lore and PvP: http://www.youtube.com/user/HazelrahFirefly/videos

Saturday-Saint wrote:Demon's Souls, Spiritual Successor Hydra. Slay one franchise, and two spawn in its place.
HazelrahFiver

PSN Name: HazelrahFiver

Return to Bloodborne Discussion