Cursed Merciless Watchers Boss Gem Drops and Glyphs

Discuss the multiple items and magic consuming techniques of Yharnam

Cursed Merciless Watchers Boss Gem Drops and Glyphs

Postby Astrichthyes » Sat May 23, 2015 2:00 pm

A much more aesthetically pleasing version of this post can be found here:

http://fextralife.com/the-cursed-mercil ... drop-list/

I wanted to create a thread for this to list all drops because this particular boss drops a lot of different gems. I've been farming them for a while and I'm getting gems I didn't think they even dropped. Each gem will be marked with a different symbol to represent the location where they drop with a * for gems that come from the Rotted rite in their respective dungeon and a ^ for gems that come from the Fetid rite in their respective dungeon. I still haven't done a lot of testing for the Fetid drop list or the base drop list, but I'll test and update as time allows. My preferred RFC farming glyphs are also listed for each location.

[Z] = RFC Izs 5pwujscd [P] = RFC Pthum ag77rinb

Gem drop rates are tied to rites. More rites = more variety, but lower drop rates for any particular gem, so knowing which rite grants the gem you're looking for is crucial for efficient farming.

Here's the comprehensive RFC Watchers drop list:

[Z] Cursed Beasthunter's Damp Blood Gem (17-19) Up to +32.6% ATK vs Beasts

[Z] C. Kinhunter's DBG (17-19) Up to +32.6% ATK vs Kin

[Z] C. Murky DBG (17-19) Up to +18.1 slow poison

[PZ] C. Tempering DBG (17-19) Up to +27.2% phys

[Z] C. Arcane DBG (17-19) Up to +27.2% arcane

[P*] C. Fool's DBG (17-19) Up to +34.4% phys @ full hp

[PZ] C. Fire DBG (17-19) Up to +27.2% fire[/b]

[P*] C. Poorman's DBG (17-19) up to +36.3% phys near death

[PZ] C. Bolt DBG (17-19) Up to +27.2% bolt

[P*Z] C. Adept DBG (17-19) Up to +32.6% blunt

[P*Z] C. Adept DBG (17-19) Up to +32.6% thrust

[P*Z] C. Radiant DBG (17-19) Up to -10.2% Stamina cost

[PZ] C. Heavy DBG (17-19) Up to +27.2 STR scaling

[PZ] C. Sharp DBG (17-19) Up to +27.2 SKL scaling

[Z] C. Cold DBG (17-19) Up to +27.2 ARC scaling

[P] C. Striking DBG (17-19) Up to +36.3% charge ATK

[Z] C. Nourishing DBG (17-19) Up to +23.6%ATK

[Z] C. Dirty DBG (17-19) +21.7 rapid poison

**Note: fymbxurp is also a good Pthum farming dungeon and contains Lake, Lost BoM, Lost Reiter, Great One Coldblood, and other fantastic goodies with Rom at the end if you want to farm Nourishing gems.

Blood gems that have not been found and are unlikely to ever drop from the Watchers as a boss:

Odd, Warm, Bloodtinge, Pulsing

Granted, I found all of the above drops in RFC dungeons. Elemental gems do actually seem to drop much more frequently in Izs than Pthum, but the additional rites seem to take precedence. My recent findings have led me to believe that Rotted and Fetid add new and respectively different gem types to the drop list. Tempering gems seem to drop at a steady 60-70% for me, regardless of rite, and having both Fetid and Rotted seems to significantly decrease the drop rates of all added gems. It's possible that certain gems may only drop under both rites, but unlikely. Another trend I've seen is that higher quality and rarer gems seem to drop at an almost-guaranteed rate when you defeat the Watchers in a new dungeon for the first time. Unfortunately, this seems to be an online feature, which means it's unlikely you'll be able to manipulate it via save-scumming. I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU TRY TO SAVE-SCUM OFFLINE THE FIRST TIME YOU BEAT THESE DUNGEONS. You miss out on what seems to be an abnormally high chance to obtain a rare and/or high quality gem. Knowing which rites you need and which you don't are essential for getting the best drop rate possible for the gems you want.

My most recent testing involving rite-dependence:

C. Ihyll 589subad Drop list so far (base drops): Tempering, Heavy, Sharp, Striking, Fire. I have only run through this one about 20 times, so this is very unlikely to be the full base drop list.

R+C Ihyll ujxnc3hy Drop list so far: Tempering, Heavy, Sharp, Striking, Adept Blunt, Adept Thrust, Bolt, Radiant, Fire, Poorman's, Fool's.
The most common gems dropped in this dungeon besides Tempering are Adept, then scaling gems. The rest of the gems are quite rare. I've farmed this dungeon well over 100 times, so I have little doubt that this drop list is comprehensive.

F+C Ihyll bsdcyfxh Drop list so far: Tempering
I haven't farmed this one yet, but hopefully it has a different drop list from the Rotted dungeon. This dungeon also has a blood rock on layer 1.

C. Izs hih4zy6e Drop list so far: Tempering, Fool's, Bolt
I just created this one and have been farming it a bit to bolster my new arcane build for testing the Logwheel. This applies to my new Izs dungeons as well.

R+C Izs 492gs8tc Drop list so far: Tempering, Dirty

F+C Izs zj3pwvqz Drop list so far: Tempering, Fire

I'll continue testing my C, R+C, and F+C dungeons as time allows. Any help in discovering the rite-dependent drop lists is greatly appreciated and benefits the entire Bloodborne community.

I'll be updating this as I make new discoveries, so check back often. Feel free to add any unmentioned gem drops in the comments and please provide evidence with a screenshot so that I may add them to the list. I'll also be taking screenshots of the strange gems I get that haven't been reported as a drop, in case there are any doubters. Thanks go to arctic-dan and NPC_invader for their help in compiling this list of glyphs and gems.
Last edited by Astrichthyes on Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:24 am, edited 43 times in total.
Join me or face the wrath of babies.

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls: Sold it. Had SL 125 PGS-fth, Pure Mage, and Murak-pyro
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

PSN Name: astrichthyes, astrichthyes2, astrichthyes3

Advertisement

Re: Cursed Merciless Watchers Boss Gem Drops and Glyphs

Postby Astrichthyes » Sat May 30, 2015 7:45 pm

I posted this on Reddit for a larger spotlight and more feedback.

http://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comm ... drop_list/

Supposedly, the Watchers also drop a Nourishing gem in 5pwujscd that's better than the one Amygdala gives you, however I have not tested this. If it does drop from the Watchers, it is extremely rare, as I have not gotten even one and I've beaten the fatty trio over 60 times between the different glyphs.

Update: I found blunt, sharp, and striking gems and updated the OP

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

Postby Astrichthyes » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:22 am

Farmed the Watchers a bit before I went to bed and got a pleasant surprise: Cursed Nourishing Damp Bloodgem (19) +23.6% ATK. Updated the OP with this awesome news.

Astrichthyes

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:29 am

pwmf22gu - FRC Ihyll first layer (actual dungeon) has a tall hag in it that will kill herself and 80% of her followers via walking into poison. She drops on a regular basis a cursed pulsing gem +5hp. Her followers also drop decent Phys up gems and the first boss of the layer are the watchers for the 27.2% phys up.
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCTQGmv3U5t3U93ynh6UHSTQ
M3mnoch_1987

PSN Name: Main: M3mn0ch_1987 - Alt: YourUglyGranny - Alt2: MemIsAno0B

Postby Astrichthyes » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:49 am

M3mnoch_1987 wrote:pwmf22gu - FRC Ihyll first layer (actual dungeon) has a tall hag in it that will kill herself and 80% of her followers via walking into poison. She drops on a regular basis a cursed pulsing gem +5hp. Her followers also drop decent Phys up gems and the first boss of the layer are the watchers for the 27.2% phys up.

I tried pwmf22gu when I first started farming the watchers, but I never got anything besides plain physical gems. It is a great location for farming pulsing gems, but I always found it more difficult to get to the lever than the dungeons I've listed. What I was saying about the pulsing gems is that the Loran silver beast may drop rank 17-19 versions of these gems and offer up to 6hp regen vs the 5 from the tall witches. Just a theory, but the gems would probably be waning rather than circular

Astrichthyes

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:04 pm

Astrichthyes wrote:
M3mnoch_1987 wrote:pwmf22gu - FRC Ihyll first layer (actual dungeon) has a tall hag in it that will kill herself and 80% of her followers via walking into poison. She drops on a regular basis a cursed pulsing gem +5hp. Her followers also drop decent Phys up gems and the first boss of the layer are the watchers for the 27.2% phys up.

I tried pwmf22gu when I first started farming the watchers, but I never got anything besides plain physical gems. It is a great location for farming pulsing gems, but I always found it more difficult to get to the lever than the dungeons I've listed. What I was saying about the pulsing gems is that the Loran silver beast may drop rank 17-19 versions of these gems and offer up to 6hp regen vs the 5 from the tall witches. Just a theory, but the gems would probably be waning rather than circular

That's interesting purely because I found this lever to be the easiest to get to out of any dungeon I have tried (I haven't been in any that you have listed here as I haven't been gaming the last couple of days and when I have ive been PvPing however im re-rolling my skill build atm so I will be delving into these for sure). Admitedly it is protected by a Madman of Hintertomb but the first layer is an extremely short one. If the levers in the ones listed are easier to get to than this then I am going to be a happy chappy.

Ah see I haven't seen any pulsing gem other than circle ones for guns. (Im not saying they don't exist). I have farmed the hell out of pwmf22gu and got a fair few interesting drops (im at work at the moment so I cannot say for sure what they are - but will update when I get home as some are quite interesting). With that being said I personally wouldn't use a radial (or tri / wan) pulsing gem regardless of if its the extra 1hp per 2 seconds purely because the of the damage loss that I would suffer and I always stick my circle gems into my blunderbuss (I don't have a BT build so I cannot comment on the effects it would have on the chikage).

Keep up the good work mate I cant wait to get into a couple of these. Especially for that Nourishing baby!
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?

M3mnoch_1987

Postby Astrichthyes » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:27 pm

@M3m: The best pthum glyphs I've found are ag77rinb and fymbxurp. They both have easy levers, but the latter has a much larger dungeon that can be farmed for things other than the MW gems.

To get the the lever for fymb, you simply go from the layer 1 lamp and make a U-turn to your left around the cart. There are 2 witches in this room that summon 3 enemies each, so there will be a big framerate drop, but if you're quick, you can avoid these enemies and head up the ladder without confronting them. from there, you will only have 1 easy small enemy and a fatty guarding the lever. You don't even have to fight anything and you'll get the lever. Use a bold mark to respawn, then run dead ahead and open the gate. It's possible that you may die immediately after opening the gate, but you will be at no risk of fighting anything if you can run through the gate before the enemies fully spawn.

I've been farming ag77 longer than the other dungeons and have been getting nice results for gems.

Out of the Izs dungeons, I've farmed 5pwujscd the most and have been getting great gems in this one as well. It's extremely easy to get to the lever and you don't have to fight anything. Simply go left from the first lamp, through the door, up the stairs, through the second door, left, and the lever is behind a brainsucker. Just beware of the trap in this room because it will OHKO you.

Astrichthyes

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:36 pm

Astrichthyes wrote:@M3m: The best pthum glyphs I've found are ag77rinb and fymbxurp. They both have easy levers, but the latter has a much larger dungeon that can be farmed for things other than the MW gems.

To get the the lever for fymb, you simply go from the layer 1 lamp and make a U-turn to your left around the cart. There are 2 witches in this room that summon 3 enemies each, so there will be a big framerate drop, but if you're quick, you can avoid these enemies and head up the ladder without confronting them. from there, you will only have 1 easy small enemy and a fatty guarding the lever. You don't even have to fight anything and you'll get the lever. Use a bold mark to respawn, then run dead ahead and open the gate. It's possible that you may die immediately after opening the gate, but you will be at no risk of fighting anything if you can run through the gate before the enemies fully spawn.

I've been farming ag77 longer than the other dungeons and have been getting nice results for gems.

Out of the Izs dungeons, I've farmed 5pwujscd the most and have been getting great gems in this one as well. It's extremely easy to get to the lever and you don't have to fight anything. Simply go left from the first lamp, through the door, up the stairs, through the second door, left, and the lever is behind a brainsucker. Just beware of the trap in this room because it will OHKO you.

Thanks for the heads up man I will make it my mission to go into all of these this weekend - My Mrs is going to a girls only BBQ tomorrow so I have alllllll day to play whoop whoop. Only problem is my current skill build is completely kitted out with 27.2's and the Amy Nourishing gem so it would be pointless doing it with her. I guess ive either gotta smash my way through the chalices again / use the SRRC and hope I end up in Ihyll for the Ihylls root chalice :)

M3mnoch_1987

Postby Astrichthyes » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:37 pm

M3mnoch_1987 wrote:
Thanks for the heads up man I will make it my mission to go into all of these this weekend - My Mrs is going to a girls only BBQ tomorrow so I have alllllll day to play whoop whoop. Only problem is my current skill build is completely kitted out with 27.2's and the Amy Nourishing gem so it would be pointless doing it with her. I guess ive either gotta smash my way through the chalices again / use the SRRC and hope I end up in Ihyll for the Ihylls root chalice :)

No problem. I could try to get you the ihyll chalice through a password-SRRC summon to save you some time. From there, you can fast-track to Ihyll root. Since Isz cannot be obtained through this method, you'll have to make the run through Upper Ward to get Great Izs. I'll add you when I'm able to so we can co-op, pvp, and share farming info.

Astrichthyes

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:06 pm

Astrichthyes wrote:
M3mnoch_1987 wrote:

No problem. I could try to get you the ihyll chalice through a password-SRRC summon to save you some time. From there, you can fast-track to Ihyll root. Since Isz cannot be obtained through this method, you'll have to make the run through Upper Ward to get Great Izs. I'll add you when I'm able to so we can co-op, pvp, and share farming info.

Sounds like a plan - and not to worry about summoning me via SRRC I have quite a few on reddit that owe me a favour or three that I can pull back for the time being. Shes only in mensis at the moment anyway and the droplets from the winterlanters will be sufficant for the time being. My next stop is UCW probably just as soon as I have the droplets I need. Defo add me though that would be cool. PSN id is to the RHS but its M3mn0ch_1987 (the o is a zero) and that's the main im using at the moment.

M3mnoch_1987

Postby Astrichthyes » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:53 am

just found a rank 17 dirty gem and kinhunter gem from these guys. updating the OP.

Edit: just got a PERFECT blunt gem from the watchers in FC izs pkp5hxwi on my second try. arctic_dan and I have a theory that the gem drops run on a quota system of sorts. You can fight these guys a bunch of times via save-scumming, but you may actually be making things more difficult. If the game keeps track of the gems you get based on your save data and decreases the drop rate of the gems you get, it increases the drop rate of the gems you don't get. You can farm these guys 100 times and you might get 1 gem that's similar to what you're looking for if you save-scum. But if you re-create the dungeon after every defeat, you might actually get more of the gem you're looking for. If it does run off of a pseudo-quota system, then the odds of finding the same gem multiple times in a row would be much lower than they would if you save-scummed, but you can only get 1 of the gem you want at a time before the odds of getting that gem again reset. This is all theory, of course, but it does seem to be the general trend that dan and I are both seeing.

Astrichthyes

Postby Astrichthyes » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:27 pm

Alright, so I've been farming the Watchers in ag77 for about 2 weeks. It hasn't been a happy experience. The one blunt gem I have gotten had -8.5%ATK. Yay for bad RNG! I have, however, had an odd discovery. These guys dropped a radial bolt gem. I've fought these guys over 100 times and i'm still finding new gems. Updated the OP.

My biggest critiques for this game involving farming are this:

Why add the -ATK curse? It's almost completely useless and it's nothing but bad all around. At least the beast and kin gems reduce damage in specific situations, not all. This curse needs to be removed because of the rarity of the gems we can farm. Some gems drop at less than 2% and are very rarely higher than rank 18. Who in their right mind wants to farm the same damn boss 1000 times to maybe get that perfect gem? I'm not saying make it easy to get those gems, but at least make it somewhat feasible.

Why make any gems rarer than 5%? We're working hard as it is in fighting these bosses. Making us do it 100 times to get one of a specific gem is ridiculous. The gem drop rates should be more even across the board, not 60-80% plain physical and 1-2% for ten other gems, and higher discovery should result in rare gems becoming more common (80/20 gem split should become 40/60 split or something like that)

Astrichthyes

Postby Astrichthyes » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:14 pm

Alright, I've had a theory going for a while regarding gem drops and rites, but I've never had any solid proof. The gems this boss drops are red, green, and purple. Red gems are typically physical gems, purple gems are typically poison and elemental gems, and green gems are strange gems such as striking, fool's, etc. Green gems drop from enemies with both the fetid and rotted auras, so having both of these rites active may either increase the odds of getting these gems or simply add them to the drop list. Red gems drop most often from enemies with the rotted aura and purple gems drop most often from enemies with the fetid aura. Given this information, we may deduce this:

Rotted (red) = Heavy, Sharp, Adept
Fetid (purple) = Dirty, Murky
Fetid+Rotted (green) = Nourishing, Striking, Fool's, Poorman's, Fire, Bolt, Arcane

Granted, this is not proven, nor are the gems necessarily categorized in this way. I do not have all of these gems, but i'll be looking at the ones I do have to make sure I categorize them correctly. To tell the color of a gem, I've been looking at the very top spike of the gems and determining the color of the shading.

The active rites may randomly change each time you create the dungeon. You may create it once and only the rotted rite takes effect. Create it again and the rotted and fetid rites may both be active. Rotted seems to be predominant, which is why removing it should make purple gems easier to get. My evidence of this is that I always see green gems show up when red and purple gems are both present, but never when only red gems are present. Green gems and purple gems have a much lower drop rate than red gems as well, likely due to rite dominance. I'll be investigating this further ASAP because it may be critical to getting specific rare gems at a decent rate.

Astrichthyes

Postby Astrichthyes » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:25 pm

Astrichthyes wrote:Alright, I've had a theory going for a while regarding gem drops and rites, but I've never had any solid proof. The gems this boss drops are red, green, and purple. Red gems are typically physical gems, purple gems are typically poison and elemental gems, and green gems are strange gems such as striking, fool's, etc. Green gems drop from enemies with both the fetid and rotted auras, so having both of these rites active may either increase the odds of getting these gems or simply add them to the drop list. Red gems drop most often from enemies with the rotted aura and purple gems drop most often from enemies with the fetid aura. Given this information, we may deduce this:

Rotted (red) = Heavy, Sharp, Adept
Fetid (purple) = Dirty, Murky
Fetid+Rotted (green) = Nourishing, Striking, Fool's, Poorman's, Fire, Bolt, Arcane

Granted, this is not proven, nor are the gems necessarily categorized in this way. I do not have all of these gems, but i'll be looking at the ones I do have to make sure I categorize them correctly. To tell the color of a gem, I've been looking at the very top spike of the gems and determining the color of the shading.

The active rites may randomly change each time you create the dungeon. You may create it once and only the rotted rite takes effect. Create it again and the rotted and fetid rites may both be active. Rotted seems to be predominant, which is why removing it should make purple gems easier to get. My evidence of this is that I always see green gems show up when red and purple gems are both present, but never when only red gems are present. Green gems and purple gems have a much lower drop rate than red gems as well, likely due to rite dominance. I'll be investigating this further ASAP because it may be critical to getting specific rare gems at a decent rate.

The above statement is false. While farming Rotted+Cursed Watchers, I obtained a bolt and a striking gem. Color does not seem to be relevant in determining which gems drop under different rites. Even so, rite still seems to have an effect on the drop list, which needs to be further investigated.

So far, the ujxnc3hy (My new R+C Ihyll) Watchers have dropped Tempering, Adept Thrust, Striking, Bolt, Heavy, and Sharp gems out of the 25 or so times I've beaten them. I suspect that, if the Rotted rite doesn't cause blunt gems to drop, the fetid rite will. I'll be making both a plain Cursed and a Fetid+Cursed Watchers dungeon ASAP. Any additional help investigating would be greatly appreciated.

Updated the OP.

Astrichthyes

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:14 am

Should hopefully have my console back on friday. Its been so long i fear i may have forgotten how to play. My offer still stands on being your punching bag my man.

M3mnoch_1987

Postby Astrichthyes » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:19 am

M3mnoch_1987 wrote:Should hopefully have my console back on friday. Its been so long i fear i may have forgotten how to play. My offer still stands on being your punching bag my man.

I shall take you up on that in due time. Still don't have all 3 blunt gems, but my rotted dungeon is dropping them at about 10%. It won't be long before I get them.

I've farmed the plain cursed dungeon a bit and I'm finding the following gems: tempering, striking, heavy, sharp, and fire. It seems Adept are added to the list with the rotted rite. My compatriot, arctic-dan has been farming as well and found a fool's gem. I'll soon have the base drop list and have a fetid dungeon created for a final drop list to compare. I'll update the OP soon and reformat as soon as I have all of the necessary information to recategorize gems by rite and location.

Astrichthyes

Postby Astrichthyes » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:45 pm

Updated the OP. I now have a C, F+C, and R+C Ihyll dungeon for farming specific rite-dependent gems. I still have a lot of ground to cover with the 3 different drop lists, but I'm hoping to have these completed soon. Those Blunt gems are within reach! I'm also curious to see if Nourishing makes an appearance in Ihyll. If it does, then the 30/25 Logwheel may become a decent contender in the SL 100 build bracket

Something about the Fetid Dungeon is confusing me. I'm not finding enemies with the purple aura. None. There are plenty with red auras. It's as if my dungeon rite got switched through a glitch. The Watchers are also dropping the same gems as my Rotted dungeon. I'm going to make another FC dungeon, just to see if it makes a difference, because I don't believe the one I currently have is going to yield the gems it should.

Astrichthyes

Postby phero » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:55 am

I don't know if this is weird, but I just did the watchers in ujxnc3hy three times in a row with all three eye runes equipped and got a 27,2% phys / +3.3% stamina cost each time (remade the dungeon, no save scumming). Coincidence? Will test again soon to check it.

Edit: just ran it again and got a 26,3% phys / -7,9% ATK. Guess it was crazy RNG.
phero

PSN Name: phero_nl

Postby Astrichthyes » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:28 pm

phero wrote:I don't know if this is weird, but I just did the watchers in ujxnc3hy three times in a row with all three eye runes equipped and got a 27,2% phys / +3.3% stamina cost each time (remade the dungeon, no save scumming). Coincidence? Will test again soon to check it.

Edit: just ran it again and got a 26,3% phys / -7,9% ATK. Guess it was crazy RNG.

Drop the eye runes. You don't need them because they don't seem to affect rarity at all.

Astrichthyes

Postby phero » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:22 pm

Astrichthyes wrote:
phero wrote:I don't know if this is weird, but I just did the watchers in ujxnc3hy three times in a row with all three eye runes equipped and got a 27,2% phys / +3.3% stamina cost each time (remade the dungeon, no save scumming). Coincidence? Will test again soon to check it.

Drop the eye runes. You don't need them because they don't seem to affect rarity at all.

Any chance they increase how high the stats roll?
phero

PSN Name: phero_nl

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:53 am

Hey sorry man i only saw your message after you had gone offline. I should be around tonight (about 10 hours from now) if you are free we will go for it.

M3mnoch_1987

Postby Astrichthyes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:14 am

phero wrote:
Astrichthyes wrote:

Any chance they increase how high the stats roll?

I have actually been getting the same or better gems since I stopped using them. I don't believe they have any effect other than increasing the rate at which items drop in general and the amount of the items you get. Neither of these are relevant when fighting chalice dungeon bosses except perhaps to farm blood stone chunks and rocks

@M3m: I won't be on again until tomorrow evening at the earliest ( about 9pm PST)

Astrichthyes

Postby Magicisoverrated » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:33 am

Astrichthyes, just want to thank you for the sheer volume of quality information and posts you have made, i've personally used a lot of your information for a lot of my own fun and testing, i really appreciate it. Just one question though, where do you find the time for it all? :P
Magicisoverrated

PSN Name: Magicisoverrated

Postby Astrichthyes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:34 am

Magicisoverrated wrote:Astrichthyes, just want to thank you for the sheer volume of quality information and posts you have made, i've personally used a lot of your information for a lot of my own fun and testing, i really appreciate it. Just one question though, where do you find the time for it all? :P

You're very welcome. Between working full time and helping to raise 2 kids, the time I have is limited. I get maybe an hour or two on any given day if I'm lucky

Astrichthyes

Postby Astrichthyes » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:58 pm

Updated the OP. It's mostly just a temporary reorganization until I have all of the rite-dependent gem drop lists. Thanks for reading.

Astrichthyes

Postby bearded1 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:11 pm

just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting three 32.6% blunt adept gems? If so glyph codes please. Are the watchers the only ones who drop them? I've farmed giants for eternity and the best I've seen is 28.6% +8 physical. I farmed watchers for days and got 1 adept gem and it was thrust. killer.
bearded1

PSN Name: TallBeardedOne

Postby Astrichthyes » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:07 am

bearded1 wrote:just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting three 32.6% blunt adept gems? If so glyph codes please. Are the watchers the only ones who drop them? I've farmed giants for eternity and the best I've seen is 28.6% +8 physical. I farmed watchers for days and got 1 adept gem and it was thrust. killer.

I still have not, but i put off farming for a while. The best glyphs to get them are ujxnc3hy for radials and, I'm guessing, a RC Izs MW boss. I have yet to create this dungeon, but will do so ASAP if you need it. I cannot guarantee you'll get one, but the chances should be higher than you'll find under RFC conditions if Adept is still tied to Rotted in Izs.

On a side note, i just made a pretty sweet Cursed Izs dungeon. hih4zy6e Lost LHB, Lost TC, Blood rock. Brainsucker, MW's, Ebrietas. Tons of ritual material, including a Bastard of Loran on layer 3.

Astrichthyes

Postby bearded1 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:23 am

Thanks I'm on the hunt for blunt gems. Determined to get 1000+ AR on my 2H kirkhammer. If you make a RC Isz dungeon please let me know.
bearded1

Postby Astrichthyes » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:29 am

bearded1 wrote:Thanks I'm on the hunt for blunt gems. Determined to get 1000+ AR on my 2H kirkhammer. If you make a RC Isz dungeon please let me know.

I made one. 492gs8tc. I haven't tested it, but I suspect you'll find your triangular blunt here

Astrichthyes

Postby bearded1 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:02 am

Thanks. I just farmed a 31 and 32% blunt from ujxcn3hy. One has hp drain -9 but I'm sticking with it until I find another 32%.
I now do nearly 3500 damage on the watchers with a charged r2 + r2. Kirkhammer is +835. It's sick. Will try for a triangle next.
bearded1

Next

Return to Items and Spells