Arcane Builds

Post your builds up here! You can also discuss the various characters and enemies of Yharnam!

Arcane Builds

Postby DidoRumbus » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:33 pm

Has anyone done pure arcane yet, and if so, any tips? I see a lot of Phys/Bld armour (and maybe runes), so I'm thinking that elemental weapons should pack a decent punch at 50 ARC! How much? No idea... Although probably arcane or bolt gems are better than fire since the standard hunter set (which has good fire def) is pretty common. I'm thinking fire saw cleaver (beast) and bolt ludwig (kin) for PvE, and either bolt or arcane ludwig for PvP. For basic stats:

Vit: 50
End: 15-30 (to whatever SL)
Str: 16 (Ludwig)
Skl: 12 (Ludwig)
Bld: 5 (Base)
Arc: 50

Compared to a quality ludwig at the same level this would have more stamina and probably less damage since elemental gems do not scale as high as pure phys (will have to do comparison). But with ARC you also get high damage spells (if you can land them) and DPS attack (rosmarinus). Also I'm not sure whether rosmarinus is any good, I assume it is flamesprayer but with better DPS and arcane element.

Would 10 BLD for elemental reiter be worth it? Probably not, damage will most likely be crap, but elemental bullets intrigue me... 9 BLD for rifle spear could also be a good idea unless from drops a nerf bomb. Rifle spear with arcane base damage gems is good, but I wonder about combining arcane base damage gems with arcane % gems (and high arcane stat)?

For spells, beast roar + executioner gloves are great. Maybe augur of ebrietas as well... it's slow and damage not that great (unless it scales beyond my expectations at 50 ARC), but it makes sense to have a "combustion" spell for when you deplete stamina. Is a call beyond any good?
DidoRumbus

PSN Name: DidoRumbus

Advertisement

Re: Arcane Builds

Postby plaintomato » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:02 pm

I did an Arcane. There's a brainsucker guarding an early waning fire gem in the area below the hidden workshop that opens after you kill Blood Starved Beast. And you can farm decent Arcane triangles from the Blue Aliens in the Forbidden Woods.

Arcane makes the game pretty easy - it seems like every story boss is weak to fire except for Logarius. All the enemies with high physical defense are weak to it too. Logarious is seriously the only real fight for an Arcane, everything else just falls down and dies for Flamesprayer, including Ebrietas. So it's an easy build to run after BSB.

I mostly ended up using Hunter's Bone, Ex Gloves, and Augur of Ebrietas for knockdowns. They're a good way to make use of your QS while two handing Ludwig. A Call Beyond didn't do anything for me. Too long to cast for too little damage. There may be some tricks to making it more effective, but I didn't like it so I haven't bothered playing with it yet. Also, the Hunter's Torch is fun if you run out of QS.

Like you said, Arcane has more leftover stats than most builds, so I did invest the extra points for the Reiter. You'll probably have Flamesprayer and Rosmarinus in the LH, so having Reiter in the RH for parry can be a fun set up, and the sprays cloud up visibility a little. Plus you can buff the Reiter when it isn't Arcane'd.

Really the only question with an Arcane is to Reiter or not to Reiter. Nothing else changes the build math so everything's just there to screw around with and figure out what you like. It's easily worth five points to add the Reiter for variety IMO, but if you're going totally min-max then I guess not.
plaintomato

Re: Arcane Builds

Postby DidoRumbus » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:59 am

Thx for the tips! I picked up that first waning fire gem, ludwig hits pretty hard at 25 arc (for that point in the game). What you say about reiter for parrying is a really good point -- base BLD pistol (maybe 50 damage on missed parries) or elemental reiter (maybe 150 damage on missed parries) -- I'll take retier even if basic R1 damage not so great.

I'm thinking bolt reiter (kin are weak to bolt and thrusting), fire saw cleaver (beast are weak to fire and saw), and arcane ludwig. That leaves stats looking like this at 110:

Vit: 50
End: 22 (32 at SL 120)
Str: 16 (Ludwig)
Skl: 12 (Ludwig)
Bld: 10 (Reiter)
Arc: 50
RH1: Arcane Ludwig
RH2: Bolt Reiter / Fire Cleaver
LH1: Rosmarinus / Flamesprayer
LH2: Shield / Torch / Pistol / Nothing

For parries, I bet executioner gloves would do more damage than visceral, will have to test. Good to know about call beyond, once again from has made the best spell terrible... It might be good against slow bosses? I've never actually cast it, just picked it up and been tempted to level arc to 40 :D
DidoRumbus

PSN Name: DidoRumbus

Return to Character Builds, NPCs and Enemies