Boss battles: Which ones have given you a hard time?

Post your builds up here! You can also discuss the various characters and enemies of Yharnam!

Re: Boss battles: Which ones have given you a hard time?

Postby Astrichthyes » Thu May 14, 2015 11:55 pm

HazelrahFiver wrote:
Cam wrote:
Astrichthyes wrote:Been having a fair bit of trouble against RFC Izs Ebrietas since her charge attack OHKO's. None of her other attacks are very threatening. But that charge is like trying to dodge a double-wide train car that can still hit you after it passes you. A bit frustrating, but nothing like Rom, IMO

Circle around to her back or her sides, stick to them like glue. The charge attack was never a problem for me.

Likewise, Ebrietas is one of the bosses that will always be difficult for me. I can get behind her and dodge the majority of her attacks, but then the sets of three lazers will always get me, and they OHKO. She never even charges anymore because I stay so close, but I can't avoid the lazers. When I win, it's because of the luck of her not using those damn lazers!

The lasers are easy to avoid. Unlock and run in a wide circle until the volleys cease. You'll never get hit by an arcane attack, so you can bolster your blunt def
Join me or face the wrath of babies.

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls: Sold it. Had SL 125 PGS-fth, Pure Mage, and Murak-pyro
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

PSN Name: astrichthyes, astrichthyes2, astrichthyes3

Advertisement

Postby GoTaco » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:10 pm

I just beat the Watchdog of the Old Lords DEFILED CHALICE and that by far is the hardest boss I've faced in the game.

I've never faced a boss that I've had to beat without any margin of error in any of the Souls games. If you have 25 Vit like I had and cut that in half, the fight will be impossibly hard and must beat beaten flawlessly.

100+ attempts later I finally have done it. No idea what waits ahead...

Also people say Amy, I killed her with less than 20 gunshots. Didn't take one hit. Weird how subjective these bosses are.
GoTaco

Postby Astrichthyes » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:54 pm

GoTaco wrote:I just beat the Watchdog of the Old Lords DEFILED CHALICE and that by far is the hardest boss I've faced in the game.

I've never faced a boss that I've had to beat without any margin of error in any of the Souls games. If you have 25 Vit like I had and cut that in half, the fight will be impossibly hard and must beat beaten flawlessly.

100+ attempts later I finally have done it. No idea what waits ahead...

Also people say Amy, I killed her with less than 20 gunshots. Didn't take one hit. Weird how subjective these bosses are.

RFC undead giant OHKO's with almost every attack if you run 50v and zero hp/def runes. At least, if it catches you with a dh attack or a combo. Amy is super easy if you bait attacks. Same with watchdog
Join me or face the wrath of babies.

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls: Sold it. Had SL 125 PGS-fth, Pure Mage, and Murak-pyro
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

PSN Name: astrichthyes, astrichthyes2, astrichthyes3

Previous

Return to Character Builds, NPCs and Enemies