No gems PvP

Talk about the various online aspects of Bloodborne. Including Co-Op and PvP.

Re: No gems PvP

Postby gourami1 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:43 pm

good response magic and i agree. No one can take away another person's reality. If something is competitive and important to a person, it may not be for another. You can't take someone's reality away. Either you join or you don't, but you have no right to write it off.

Now jumi the fightclub is meant to be balanced/fair but there are a few things that stick out like a sore thumb. These things are, cannon, blt evelyn, rosamarius, and of course stacked rune skill build viscerals. Extreme passive turtle playstyle is also another thing but more and more ppl know how to get around. The way i think about these sore thumb issues are that yes they exist. But I think ppl need to really step up and really try their best to fight it to really understand the balance. Firstly every build has access to their own bullshit (which is great), and secondly how do you know how to beat it, or if it's balanced if you straight up just cry unfair instead of trying to fight it. It is only then when we spend a good amount of time on those sore thumb issues are we in the position to somehow "patch" it. That's my thought on it.

But yes, you are using one of those items that is considered cheap. In the interim basis you got a few choices, those i can think of are 1) tell the opponent that you will be or may be using the cannon straight up (so they are ready to handle it), 2) know which opponent doesn't mind and don't on others, 3) you obviously don't have to care but the salt will be there. During which, i will continue trying to educate them on those matters, and see what sticks. I usually always use the analogy, IF I CAN THROW TEN TIMES IN A ROW AND WIN, I WILL. anyway, those 4 tactics are real strong, i don't doubt it. But how strong is it really? Is it beatable? i would love if you can fight me with the cannon and see how to beat it and how to use it effectively. If it really is broken.
gourami1

PSN Name: gourami1

Advertisement

Postby Cam » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:40 pm

I'm terrible at PvP and I'm still winning because I do a LOT more damage than other players. At approximately 900AR with my KH, it's really like swatting at flies. The only risk is getting parried, but that won't happen as long as you play smart. As soon as you start dashing about carelessly, throwing out R1s haphazardly to try to catch them, that's when you get parried. I see high level PvP is still largely determined by your brain, rather than your build.

Here's another thing. The wooden shield blocks bullets. You can still get guard broken, but if you're playing that carelessly, you need to tighten up your playstyle. The cannon is telegraphed before firing, so if you're paying attention, you can avoid getting blasted away. If someone has BT build, then you should be watching out for their gunshots. Thankfully, most players spam bullets haphazardly. It's players that know the timing and make you think they won't fire their gun that will make BT builds difficult to play against. But why not welcome the challenge?

BB is the easiest game to get into and play. It's forgiving. Whereas DkSII is difficult just to control. Your character moves slow in every action they do, hit detection is dodgy and because of the agility stat, evading attacks is more convoluted than it needs to be. Still, DkSII is fun to play at times, and it has its place. BB is pretty much just as it should be. It's clear by now that they were trying to take things in a unique direction.
Asher wrote:I've got a sword and board warrior going so its up close an personal with their fat faces
Cam

PSN Name: slabofiron

Postby gourami1 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:00 am

Cam wrote:I'm terrible at PvP and I'm still winning because I do a LOT more damage than other players. At approximately 900AR with my KH, it's really like swatting at flies. The only risk is getting parried, but that won't happen as long as you play smart. As soon as you start dashing about carelessly, throwing out R1s haphazardly to try to catch them, that's when you get parried. I see high level PvP is still largely determined by your brain, rather than your build.

Here's another thing. The wooden shield blocks bullets. You can still get guard broken, but if you're playing that carelessly, you need to tighten up your playstyle. The cannon is telegraphed before firing, so if you're paying attention, you can avoid getting blasted away. If someone has BT build, then you should be watching out for their gunshots. Thankfully, most players spam bullets haphazardly. It's players that know the timing and make you think they won't fire their gun that will make BT builds difficult to play against. But why not welcome the challenge?

BB is the easiest game to get into and play. It's forgiving. Whereas DkSII is difficult just to control. Your character moves slow in every action they do, hit detection is dodgy and because of the agility stat, evading attacks is more convoluted than it needs to be. Still, DkSII is fun to play at times, and it has its place. BB is pretty much just as it should be. It's clear by now that they were trying to take things in a unique direction.

the so called problem with the 4 sore thumb issues is in terms of the damage they can potentially do for the so called small risk trade off. That balance is off. For example a +10 cannon can end a match in one hit in no gems (or gems) for that matter. If you face a weapon that likes to zone, or someone that likes to rush in, that surprise cannon can obliterate them like that. an evelyn gun does upwards of 130 in no gems and when you consider a weapon like beast claws does 59 a hit and needs a lot more effort in getting in, it is considered a bit broken. Personally i think it's not too bad and i welcome it and want to create my own strategies in fighting with and against them, but on the same token im not going to deny their specific advantages in a No Gem No Healing fight club.
gourami1

PSN Name: gourami1

Postby bialy0021 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:33 am

If you are competitive, you accept dif setups and styles and after a defeat you take a look in the mirror

wth tho, back to bb? wheres dks2? :p
bialy0021

Previous

Return to Online