Jolly Help, please?

Talk about the various online aspects of Bloodborne. Including Co-Op and PvP.

Jolly Help, please?

Postby The_DAO » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:40 pm

Can anyone jump in and help with the Abhorrent Beast? I'm at the Lower Loran, layer 2, rang the bell, my PSN is the_DAO.

I never tried this before and I don't know how the password works. I'm lvl 100, by the way.

Thanks, it's 9:39 EST, will be on standby for another 90 minutes or so.
PSN ID: The_DAO
Demon's Souls US Edition, SL 140, 273
Dark Souls US Edition, SL 55, 60, 130, 135, 185.

>> Brush your teeth. It's the Law. <<
The_DAO

Advertisement

Re: Jolly Help, please?

Postby Astrichthyes » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:42 pm

Well, i can't help out physically, but i have some helpful advice: what i've found to work well is baiting his attacks, QS behind him on his left side, hit him once with a fast weapon such as a saw cleaver or saw spear, and dodge away before he does his cross-body-swipe-counterattack. This works quite reliably. Just pay attention because he has a couple of attacks that he likes to use to bait you, the most prominent being his lightning-blast fist-slam that has a larger AoE than its appearance suggests. Oil urns and fire weapons work great if you have an arcane build and decent fire gems. Beasthunter gems also work well if they out-rank the other gems available to you.
Join me or face the wrath of babies.

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls: Sold it. Had SL 125 PGS-fth, Pure Mage, and Murak-pyro
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

PSN Name: astrichthyes, astrichthyes2, astrichthyes3

Postby chefchucko » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:34 am

You can also totally cheese him with a few poison daggers. One hit poisons him, just keep backing up in a circle
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right. ~Isaac Asimov
chefchucko

PSN Name: chefchucko

Postby The_DAO » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:41 pm

Hey, thanks for the good advice.

It only took me 2 days and probably 50 attempts to finally dispose of Amygdala from the Cursed Pthumeru and Abhorrent appears much easier now. Only had time for 2 attempts and was able to take him down to 20% health. I believe I'll have his arse tomorrow when I will try again.

I love Bloodborne.
PSN ID: The_DAO
Demon's Souls US Edition, SL 140, 273
Dark Souls US Edition, SL 55, 60, 130, 135, 185.

>> Brush your teeth. It's the Law. <<
The_DAO

Return to Online