Bloodborne Matchmaking for Duels

Talk about the various online aspects of Bloodborne. Including Co-Op and PvP.

Bloodborne Matchmaking for Duels

Postby DidoRumbus » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:23 pm

I'm going to try this tonight with my buddy -- two separate PS4s and TVs in the same room :) Should be interesting to see the lag comparison and I'll see if using a password makes a difference. Also I haven't heard anything about the level restriction for summoning, but we are both ~80 atm. Me STR/ARC, and him SKL/BLD.

For random PvP sessions, use the sinister resonant bell.
  • Boss must be alive (and presumably levels must be in range with intended victim).
  • Proximity matters (I've had decent luck just standing at a bell, probably other players are also doing this).
  • A bell maiden will appear in your world (one may already be in your world depending on the area).
  • You may be summoned to another player's world (who also has a bell maiden), or your bell maiden may pull another player (who also rang the sinister bell) to your world.
  • If you don't want people to invade you, kill the bell maiden (as long as your bell is still ringing, you will still invade).
  • To stop trying to invade, shoot the silencing blank.

To arrange duels, use the small resonant bell and beckoning bell between members of opposing covenants. The following info is taken from a recently posted video by Peeve (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVr--oS_8rk).
  • One player should be a vileblood, the other player executioner.
  • Instead of the standard blue glow you get in co-op, adversaries get a purple glow.
  • Players that have been summoned will have 25% less HP (applies to co-op also).
  • Proximity matters - make sure you are both standing in the same approximate spot (applies to co-op also).
  • Guests (player being summoned) should ring the small resonant bell first. Then, host should ring beckoning bell 10 seconds after (applies to co-op also).
  • Using a password seems like that should make this process easier, but apparently not?

Edit: Only Vilebloods vs Executioners will aggro, hunters are neutral. Also removed spoiler tags since discussion below.
Last edited by DidoRumbus on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DidoRumbus

PSN Name: DidoRumbus

Advertisement

Re: Bloodborne Matchmaking for Duels

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:03 am

I can tell you from co-op experience that the password does nothing to stop random invaders. I was playing with a friend lastnight using the password hank (evolve dude) and as soon as i was summoned boom an invader dropped in also. Organising PvP is t going to be easy.

Afaik restrictions are the same as DeS and DkS1. -/+ 10 levels + 10%. I had a hard time getting summoned from my friend but i had 40+ insight and he had 11 so i spent a bunch and it worked. Insight makes the game more difficult so it wouldnt surprise me if there was a restriction on insight between two people trying to connect but i have not been able to test this.
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCTQGmv3U5t3U93ynh6UHSTQ
M3mnoch_1987

PSN Name: Main: M3mn0ch_1987 - Alt: YourUglyGranny - Alt2: MemIsAno0B

Postby DidoRumbus » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:07 pm

We had decent success summoning eachother without password, and like 100% success with password... haha maybe it was luck but password worked well for restricting co-op summons. But yeah, won't stop invaders. I agree, organizing PvP is a pain. However hotspot PvP should be fine and hosted fight clubs could still be possible if we pay attention to covenants. This would be ideal so that both phantoms get the HP reduction...

We just need a hotspot location! My buddy and I hung out at Byrgenwerth the other day and had plenty of random vaders pop in so it's popular, but probably everywhere is still, we'll see what sticks. Iron bridge since day 1 for DkS2, but on the other hand Kiln didn't stick for DkS1 so you never know.

Those level restrictions make sense, insight I can deal with, just hoping there's not a hidden "soul memory" counter or some shit haha.

About the lag -- we found that it feels about the same as souls (on a good connection). I mean you can see it pretty clearly when you co-op (funny things with parries and bosses warping). It's not bad though, and with instant BS animations gone the lag might be less of a big deal.
DidoRumbus

Postby Zubroska40 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:53 pm

I ve tried this tip with 2 Fiends, and it does not work...

I m vilblood (rune equipped and queen servent), my friends was executioner or hunter, with and without password : it does not work...

In the same place, we have meet us with the sinister ring...

This game need a patch to do PvP with friends, it s just a shame than we can't to do some PvP like the others FS's game.

Anyone knows if there will be a patch for friendly PvP?
Zubroska40

PSN Name: zubroska40

Postby bialy0021 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:03 pm

im pretty sure there will be at least 1 dlc ;) so w/ that we might get some features that will make (organised) pvp easier.

atm it seems the best bet would be to populate 1 area, just like 4-1, or to share a chalice dungeon and pvp there.
bialy0021

Postby Zubroska40 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:19 pm

I m PvPing in the first zone (Yharnam) , i did not manage to do some PvP in "sinister" chalice donjons...

It s possible to do PvP in these donjons ATM?
Zubroska40

Postby Zubroska40 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:24 pm

Ok,today sinister chalice donjon works for PvP.
Zubroska40

Postby Vumsy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:50 pm

Make a dungeon set to private, give the glyph, clear, summon/invade however you want.

EDIT: @Mem That's a good point, should be tested. I'm down for testing anywhere as I'm working on a toon tonight.
I'm not trying to seem like the big genius that's always right about the big picture... I just am.
Vumsy

PSN Name: Vumsy

Postby DidoRumbus » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:29 pm

Zub you sure you tried executioner vs vileblood (just checked, hunter doesn't work)? Levels within 10 +/-10%? Insight close (I don't actually know the rules on this one)? Boss alive for host? Basically the same rules as summoning for co-op, but you must have executioner vs vileblood to aggro.

I still need to work through dungeon levels myself, but chalice PvP actually sounds pretty good. Host could camp with blue and have vaders coming in with sinister bell for fight club (advertise glyph).
DidoRumbus

Postby Jumilaattori » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:09 am

this sounds way more hassle than sm :D

No arena this time?
Hated by most Loved by few Respected by all
Jumilaattori

Postby Magicisoverrated » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:45 am

It's possible to hand out glyph dungeon codes for pvp, but it turns fight clubs into closed communities which defeats the entire purpose of the word "tournament" since you aren't including all sources of skill unless you just want to pvp with people you know and friends, Bloodborne's pvp is just way too casual to be taken so seriously. If you need a dueling fix i would get scholar of the first sin before Bloodborne.

Jumilaattori wrote:this sounds way more hassle than sm :D

No arena this time?

no arena, no leaderboards.
Magicisoverrated

PSN Name: Magicisoverrated

Postby DidoRumbus » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:26 am

Jumilaattori wrote:this sounds way more hassle than sm :D

No arena this time?

Yeah tell me about it... I'm interested to try chalice dungeon invasions tho. And hotspot pvp is solid, I actually like healing. No arena that I'm aware of but like bialy says you never know what DLC will bring.

Magicisoverrated wrote:It's possible to hand out glyph dungeon codes for pvp, but it turns fight clubs into closed communities which defeats the entire purpose of the word "tournament" since you aren't including all sources of skill unless you just want to pvp with people you know and friends, Bloodborne's pvp is just way too casual to be taken so seriously. If you need a dueling fix i would get scholar of the first sin before Bloodborne.

Where I see this as useful is organized events (i.e. tourney). In this case, "all sources of skill" = those people who sign up! For random PvP what is wrong with hotspot? I'm enjoying so far, but yeah I'd like to see an arena DLC with SL bracket and no HP reduction.
DidoRumbus

Return to Online