The Hardest Boss

User created strategies and guides and videos related to Dark Souls 2. Any link may be removed at the discretion of moderators. Links only. Do NOT embed videos. If you rick roll you WILL REGRET IT ...

The Hardest Boss

Postby Baseborn » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:18 pm

From Software released some information... The Fume Knight kills players about 93% of the time making him, statistically, the hardest boss in the game. What do you think?

In response to this I've made a short video on how to eat the Fume Knight up to NG+10...solo.

Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_iJitg ... e=youtu.be

Who was he toughest boss for you?

On a side note...I seem to be the only one posting videos on this forum... Where are my YouTube brethren?
Baseborn

Advertisement

Re: The Hardest Boss

Postby HazelrahFiver » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:32 am

He was not. Frankly, after learning him a little bit, he was not that difficult, but also quite fun. Rolling into, and through, his power sweep like a boss is quite satisfying. It doesn't hurt either that his soundtrack sets the tone nicely (he has one of the better songs in the game). Neither him nor Alonne were all that difficult. They play off as difficult at first, because they are closer to traditional challenges in Souls. That is, risky movesets with little time to punish. However, this ultimately makes them easier to kill after practice, because they are fair. Really, Raime is probably my favorite boss of the game (despite the Iron Crown dlc being pretty bad), because it forces a high skill by use of severe punishment, but is extremely fair.

For me, the most difficult boss in the game easily belongs to the two kitties, Lud and Zallen. I still haven't beat them on NG+2, to the point that I won't be trying again. I'm not saying I can't ever, but they are the opposite of fair, and so it does not feel worth the effort.

Excluding the DLCs, my next vote would be Darklurker. Not that hard early on, but in later NG+s, when he splits, oh my ***ing god. As a melee character, which I prefer to play, it is a nightmare.

Bonus: I say that the easiest boss is actually the Demon of Song. He doesn't seem it at first, but once you learn how to force his behavior, it's awfully silly. Far less dangerous than even the Dragonrider.

Oh, and as far as Youtube and my channel... I simply don't feel like posting anything. I'm not going to go into a DkS2 hate rant, but the game left me so uninspired that I have basically closed my channel. I am hopeful that Bloodborne turns things around, especially since it already has a direct connection to Demon's Souls.
Last edited by HazelrahFiver on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DkS Lore and PvP: http://www.youtube.com/user/HazelrahFirefly/videos

Saturday-Saint wrote:Demon's Souls, Spiritual Successor Hydra. Slay one franchise, and two spawn in its place.
HazelrahFiver

PSN Name: HazelrahFiver

Postby mmghouse » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:26 am

Beating the kitties involves putting yourself near the first kitty once the second drops and keeping his body between you and the second kitty. It's still ridiculous, because some situations trap you (missiles plus melee swings), but as long as you have enough defenses to absorb a missile, you can usually get out and heal. Not to say it isn't hard, because it is quite the challenge, but with enough practice, it's definitely doable solo. If you have brightbugs, popping one as the second kitty drops almost makes the fight easy.

I agree that they are harder than Raime and Alonne.
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby Baseborn » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:37 pm

I've been hearing that a lot about the kitties. I'm going to have to do them at some point... and the Ivory King...

and the Darklurker...and Alonne...
Baseborn

Return to Guides and Videos