I'm not sure if this is impressive, but...

User created strategies and guides and videos related to Dark Souls 2. Any link may be removed at the discretion of moderators. Links only. Do NOT embed videos. If you rick roll you WILL REGRET IT ...

I'm not sure if this is impressive, but...

Postby Baseborn » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:37 am

When the first DLC came out there were a LOT of complaints about a particular boss fight being "unbalanced" or "unfair." I decided to challenge myself to going from NG to NG+10 completely solo and discovered quite a few things along the way... I thought I'd share what I learned with everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZRndECRgcc

:gp:
Baseborn

Advertisement

Re: I'm not sure if this is impressive, but...

Postby Tsmp » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:01 am

Yeah, I'd call that impressive. Useful, too.

About how much defense does that character have?
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19416

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19381

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19345&p=185263#p185263

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19608
Tsmp

PSN Name: TSMP1

Postby Baseborn » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:48 am

About 800-900 range depending on which defense stat. I like to stick around level 200 on all my builds so I can enjoy myself in the arena without being a cheese head. I also tend to choose weapons/armor that aren't "OP".

I likes to keeps it real.

Full Stats here: http://s28.postimg.org/vtfsaex7x/vlcsna ... 07s255.png
Baseborn

Postby HazelrahFiver » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:24 am

I raised all the bonfires to max challenge, so it's a similar thing. I found that most of the game is not all that hard, only a particular few bosses and areas become actually difficult. Places such as Iron Keep, Drangleic Castle, Amana, and the three Abyss areas. They were usually difficult because of red phantoms. On the other hand, almost none of them had particularly challenging bosses, as those were Authority, LGKnight, Darklurker, and Elana. They were typically hard because either I couldn't kill the minions fast enough (Authority, LGKnight), or their splitting/summoning would prove dodging the real attacks a challenge (Elana, Darklurker... and LGKnight).

Frankly, my vote goes to the Abyss as the hardest area, and the LGKnight as the hardest boss in the game. Both took me the most tries or gave me the biggest headache. Especially because I insisted on playing online, and the damn LGKnight would summon players that would really, really want to maul me.

Elana was damn difficult, but I also did every fight with a friend summoned... a friend who refused to wear armor because he was obsessed with Flynn's Ring.
DkS Lore and PvP: http://www.youtube.com/user/HazelrahFirefly/videos

Saturday-Saint wrote:Demon's Souls, Spiritual Successor Hydra. Slay one franchise, and two spawn in its place.
HazelrahFiver

PSN Name: HazelrahFiver

Return to Guides and Videos