Estus Chugging vs. Acid Spamming

User created strategies and guides and videos related to Dark Souls 2. Any link may be removed at the discretion of moderators. Links only. Do NOT embed videos. If you rick roll you WILL REGRET IT ...

Estus Chugging vs. Acid Spamming

Postby Baseborn » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:56 am

Which do you think is more annoying?

It's hard for me to choose one, but I think I'm gonna go with Estus Chugging on this. Technically I'd say acid spamming is worse because it has ill-intent added in, but estus just makes the fight sooo much longer. Acid spammers can be dealt with much faster, and I'd rather chance having to repair my third dragon ring than spend (what feels like) 20 minutes fighting the same person. :thumbsdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWUyDEN ... D_yQo6VYDA

How about you? Which is more obnoxious?
Stay thirsty my friends.
Baseborn

Advertisement

Re: Estus Chugging vs. Acid Spamming

Postby Tsmp » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:02 pm

Estus, at least, can be stopped by hitting them with a lloyd's talisman. Acid spamming is a bit harder to counter, especially if they do that thing where they hit you with the spider fang's R2 and cast Promised Walk of Peace to render you completely immobile while they spit Acid Surges all over your face from a safe distance.
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19416

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19381

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19345&p=185263#p185263

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19608
Tsmp

PSN Name: TSMP1

Postby HazelrahFiver » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:56 pm

I really think they should limit Estus usage to three or five in the arenas. I don't play them at all anymore, but it was one of the bigger turn offs. Even just having three promotes a chance to turn the match around if you make an early mistake, while still allowing the other player to score a win without a timely amount of trouble.
DkS Lore and PvP: http://www.youtube.com/user/HazelrahFirefly/videos

Saturday-Saint wrote:Demon's Souls, Spiritual Successor Hydra. Slay one franchise, and two spawn in its place.
HazelrahFiver

PSN Name: HazelrahFiver

Postby Baseborn » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:56 pm

HazelrahFiver wrote:I really think they should limit Estus usage to three or five in the arenas. I don't play them at all anymore, but it was one of the bigger turn offs. Even just having three promotes a chance to turn the match around if you make an early mistake, while still allowing the other player to score a win without a timely amount of trouble.

Good news! You can't use healing items in the arena anymore.
Baseborn

Postby HazelrahFiver » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:00 am

Baseborn wrote:
HazelrahFiver wrote:I really think they should limit Estus usage to three or five in the arenas. I don't play them at all anymore, but it was one of the bigger turn offs. Even just having three promotes a chance to turn the match around if you make an early mistake, while still allowing the other player to score a win without a timely amount of trouble.

Good news! You can't use healing items in the arena anymore.

Haha! That is good to hear.
It makes me confused about the thread however. I know that Estus cannot be used by phantoms when an invader is present, and I find it hard to believe that anyone uses Acid Surge in normal PvP. The only time I ever saw it was in the Arena, in direct response to those chugging Estus. Frankly, that is why I figured this thread was even made lol.

Am I wrong, does Acid Surge get used outside of the arena these days?

Also, I am fine with a host chugging Estus if they were invaded. It's in the game's mechanics, and invaders should have a disadvantage as the assassin. I'm glad they removed phantom healing items during an invasion though.
DkS Lore and PvP: http://www.youtube.com/user/HazelrahFirefly/videos

Saturday-Saint wrote:Demon's Souls, Spiritual Successor Hydra. Slay one franchise, and two spawn in its place.
HazelrahFiver

PSN Name: HazelrahFiver

Postby Baseborn » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:29 pm

HazelrahFiver wrote:Haha! That is good to hear.
It makes me confused about the thread however. I know that Estus cannot be used by phantoms when an invader is present, and I find it hard to believe that anyone uses Acid Surge in normal PvP. The only time I ever saw it was in the Arena, in direct response to those chugging Estus. Frankly, that is why I figured this thread was even made lol.

Am I wrong, does Acid Surge get used outside of the arena these days?

Also, I am fine with a host chugging Estus if they were invaded. It's in the game's mechanics, and invaders should have a disadvantage as the assassin. I'm glad they removed phantom healing items during an invasion though.

This wasn't an invasion. The host summoned me as a dragon spirit. He wanted to duel me. I don't see a lot of people using acid surge, but I see it enough to be annoyed by it. It's just a cheap tactic imo.
Baseborn

Postby mmghouse » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:47 pm

The problem would finish getting fixed if they disabled estuses when you summon reds. That would also make sense: if you invade, no rules, but if you summon, you are agreeing to a fair fight.
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Return to Guides and Videos