Duping compendium

All things related to Demon's Souls Online; including Co-Op and PvP!

Duping compendium

Postby HagaarTheHorrible » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:42 am

Probably due to the influx of new players, I noticed that not everyone is aware of all duping techniques. While they are all posted, I thought I gather them all in one thread, especially since most of them were refined after a while/some posts, for not having to read through the pages of posts / threads, to find the actual most effiecient / safest way to dupe whatever.
Having this in mind, I know that this thread is more or less redundant, so if Mods feel like there is no need for this one, please feel free to delete it.

I will post the ways that are safe and effective in my point of view, while I know there are some more.

Before I start, I highly recommend if you are new to this game, play at least 1 time through the game without duping anything! Duping makes things way easier and is very useful especially for the PvP community, but if you start to play this game with duping, you will miss out on a lot of stuff which makes this game great, and yes, dieing and frustration are as well part of that as succeeding and the reward you gain for playing without duping are.

Technique 1: "Regular" duping

Use for: weapons, rings, armor

How to: The player who has the desired item should be summoned as a phantom to the players world who needs them. He drops the items, then quits the game via the XMB / PS-Button menu. After he reloads his game the items will still be in his inventory.

Notes: There are several ways to do this, but I recommend duping as a phantom only, since in my opinion its the safest way. Plug pulling same as signing out from PSN might work too, but this way is the most reliable, from my experience. It doesnt matter how often you open or close inventory during the duping session as a Phantom.
If the player who needs the item (dupee) cant summon the player who has them (duper), in any world accessable for the duper, I recommend that the duper summons the dupee, drops him the item, and the dupee whites out to save it to his inventory, then dupes it back. This of course should be only done with people you trust.

Technique 2: Dropping "undropable" items

Use for: dropping Demons' Souls and eye stones (eg. red eye stone)

How to: You will need a consumeable which enables you to drop the "undropable" items, and you will be only able to drop as many of that "undropable" item as you had of the consumeable. Consumables that work are: any grass, any spice, any lotus, any (non-demon-)soul, augite of guidance and soul remains, while I usually use fresh spice for it, since you can buy it from boldwin.

1. (manually) resort your inventory, putting the consumeable (/drop enabler) on the top(/1st) position and the item you want to drop on second / directly underneath the consumeable.

2. drop all but 1 of that consumeable

3. open inventory and preselect "Use item" on that consumeable on top (preselect as in do not use it yet)

4. press "X - START - X - X" quickly (to "Use item - open start menu - open inventory menu - open item menu")

If you done it correctly / fast enough, you should have opened the item menu on the "undropable" item, but are able to select drop.

Notes: Dropping a red(/black) eye stone can be done anytime, as it will not disappear from the inventory after dropping. If youre dropping Demons' Souls, best way is to not drop all of them, cause if you got 1 left you can self dupe it with thomas, and therefor dont have to quit the game.
Sometimes, it doesnt let you put the items in the desired order (consumebale 1st, red eye stone/ Boss soul 2nd), automatically resorting the inventory can help in this case.

Technique 3: Duping with Thomas

Use for: consumeables, stones, arrows and bolts

How to: You can use this trick with either shard of archstones, the miracle Evacuate or the nexial binding, while nexial binding is risky if you screw up (not really likely but still...), and not everyone has the Evacuate miracle (although you can easily get it...), I will describe how it works with archstones, but its basically the same.
You will need at least one of the item you want to duplicate.

1. Take all of the item you wanna dupe from thomas
2. Hotkey shard of archstones
3. talk to Boldwin, open buy items menu, open the menu which lets you select how many of that item you wanna buy
4. walk away to thomas (while in Boldwin menu) and while Boldwin says his text ("Whats the hurry? Where u off to...")
5. press square button (/use shard of archstone) as soon as he stops talkin, so the "return to nexus - yes I no" dialog appears
6. press start, to make said dialog disappear
7. deposit the item you wanna dupe
8. quickly press the O button two times, so you leave the deposit/Thomas menu, and with that, cancel the return animation

Notes: It doesnt matter if Boldwin starts talking when you run away from him. You can also cancel his talking, by pressing X button, just use shard of archstone directly afterwards. If you dont have shards of archstone, there are two at/behind the dragon nest in 1.1.
This technique can be used offline too.

With those 3 techniques you can dupe anything. If theres anything I forgot, or new ways are discovered, please post in here, and I will add it to the list. However, I try to keep this as simple as possible, also choosing the way with the smallest risks for the duper, so thats why I didnt include every single possibility I know.

Credits:
Technique 1: "Regular" duping: I have no clue who discovered it or who published it, it was shown to me by mewtroid.

Technique 2: Dropping "undropable" items: Frog57 discovered this technique and showed me how to.

Technique 3: Duping with Thomas: This was brought over from Asian version by Loscycos.
HagaarTheHorrible

Advertisement

Re: Duping compendium

Postby mmghouse » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:36 am

Great compilation. I especially agree with your recommendation that the dupee play through first to appreciate the game. I fell in love with the challenge of this game. Had I been duping from the start,I don't know if I'd still be playing.
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby LostMyHeadache » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:14 pm

Great post, Stickied.
LostMyHeadache

Postby giantit » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:54 pm

Thanks for sharing these!!
Thomas is now my best firend XD
giantit

Postby goebel073 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:37 pm

New trick for Duping with Thomas:

This same procedure also works using the Nexial Binding in place of Shards of Archstone or Evacuate. This is very useful at the beginning of the game until you can get the later two. You will forfeit any unused souls using it so make sure you got at least 1 consumable soul to back that up with. But by using the nexial binding and completing the tutorial (and beating Vanguard), it is possible to have your starting weapons at normal upgrade+3 before even starting 1-1 for the first time and lots of "renowned" souls. Killing the Crestfallen Warrior in the Nexus will net a Storied Soldiers Soul which can be duped for 198 of those as well.

Credit goes to PSN: Jagula_Sector

Thanks for showing me this trick.
goebel073

PSN Name: Nut-Hand

Postby d0cHollington » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:07 pm

goebel073 wrote:New trick for Duping with Thomas:

This same procedure also works using the Nexial Binding in place of Shards of Archstone or Evacuate. This is very useful at the beginning of the game until you can get the later two. You will forfeit any unused souls using it so make sure you got at least 1 consumable soul to back that up with. But by using the nexial binding and completing the tutorial (and beating Vanguard), it is possible to have your starting weapons at normal upgrade+3 before even starting 1-1 for the first time and lots of "renowned" souls. Killing the Crestfallen Warrior in the Nexus will net a Storied Soldiers Soul which can be duped for 198 of those as well.

If you push circle 2x after depositing the items you wont lose any souls even if you did the trick with the nexial binding.
d0cHollington

PSN Name: d0cHollington | d0c_alt | d0cs_Mages | d0cPermaNoob

Postby LostMyHeadache » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:29 pm

d0cHollington wrote:
goebel073 wrote:New trick for Duping with Thomas:

If you push circle 2x after depositing the items you wont lose any souls even if you did the trick with the nexial binding.

Damn, makes an amazing glitch even better!
LostMyHeadache

Postby Ilya » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:32 am

Wow! Didnt knew about the Thomas technique =)
Ilya

PSN Name: treehel

Postby Unique Evolved » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:10 pm

seriously awesome compilation HagaarTheHorrible :theman: high rep for the work :gp:
Paranoia is only reality on a finer scale . . .
[EU Version]
Unique Evolved

Return to Online