Caster's Tournament NA SL125

All things related to Demon's Souls Online; including Co-Op and PvP!

Caster's Tournament NA SL125

Postby Astrichthyes » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:33 pm

That's right, another tournament designed around spellcasters. No pure melee builds allowed. While the Mage's Tournament was not a booming success due to the sheer number of drop-outs and no-shows, the quality of the fights we got was excellent and we had a wide variety of builds and playstyles. As before, the tournament is designed to push players out of their comfort zone and to have fun. :gamers:

Format:
Round Robin @ less than 16 players
Best of 3 > Round Robin @ 16+ players

Tentative Date(s):
Day 1: March 21st at 8am PST
Day 2: March 22nd at 8am PST

Rules:
-Max SL is 125
-One Second Chance per fight
-One non-Second-Chance buff per fight
-At least 2 offensive spells required (firespray does not count toward this total)
-No grass
-Unlimited spices and lotuses
-No glitching/hacking/spellswaps
-Pivot cast permitted
-No Anti-magic Field, Banish, Resurrect, Clouds, Firestorm, or Curse Weapon
-No Northern Regalia, Scraping Spear, or Storm Ruler
-No Adjudicator Shield, Dark Silver Shield, or Rune Shield
-No hypermode (Clever Rat's Ring/Morion Blade)
-No stealth
-No chain backstab
-Players must actively cast spells*

*Actively casting spells is defined as using spells frequently and in a productive manner. Intentional whiffs with spells and playing FTW pure melee after your mp runs out will not fly. The power of Spice compels you!

The rules from the last tournament worked so well that we are barely changing them!

It is recommended that all participants have two of their primary tournament build for opposite character tendencies, but not required. This will save a lot of time that we would spend adjusting CT's. Participants should have all of worlds 1 and 3 beaten before the start of the tournament. We will not be holding the tournament in worlds 2, 4, or 5.

Players signed up:

1. astrichthyes2
2. T-M-K777
3. Segofax

Volunteers to help host, adjust CT's, and record/stream the fights are much appreciated.

Hosts:
1. astrichthyes2

Recorders:

If you need anything to prepare for the tournament, I have:

-All weapons
-Every ore except pure grey and blade
-All boss souls
-Almost every armor
-Soulsuck

Players of all skill levels are welcome to sign up. You never know how you'll do!

Leave your PSN ID in the comments to sign up and PM me on PSN if you need any help preparing. I can even help design a custom build if you're not sure what to use or aren't well-versed with optimizing builds.

All participants must add astrichthyes2 in order to officially join.

Looking forward to round 2 in the Caster's Tournaments :D
Last edited by Astrichthyes on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Join me or face the wrath of babies.

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls: Sold it. Had SL 125 PGS-fth, Pure Mage, and Murak-pyro
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

PSN Name: astrichthyes, astrichthyes2, astrichthyes3

Advertisement

Re: Caster's Tournament NA SL125

Postby Tsmp » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:10 pm

This reminds me, I've been meaning to check if it's possible to land a Soulsucker after certain fast parries, like a rapier's. You wouldn't ban Soulsucker, would you? :P
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19416

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19381

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19345&p=185263#p185263

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19608
Tsmp

PSN Name: TSMP1

Postby TMK777 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:40 pm

T-M-K777, hopefully I can make it :)
TMK777

PSN Name: T-M-K777

Postby Astrichthyes » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:06 am

Tsmp wrote:This reminds me, I've been meaning to check if it's possible to land a Soulsucker after certain fast parries, like a rapier's. You wouldn't ban Soulsucker, would you? :P

If someone would rather use SS than a riposte, more power to them. I doubt anyone would try it if they wanted to place well in the tournament.

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

Postby Jumilaattori » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:31 am

Astrichthyes wrote:-No chain backstab
Stab-fs-fs. Used to do that with running fs toon when in a friendly world. There´s 2 ways to escape chain bs 100% of time but yea :)

Also was meant to say this at your first tourney: Spray is gay mmkay. In a tourney like this and your previous it should be banned mmkay.

Back in 2010 we would spar with Nick and after 5 min, hey let´s not use spray and instead try to time our other spells.
Hated by most Loved by few Respected by all
Jumilaattori

Postby Segofax » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:33 am

Hey Astr,

Is this NA server? Can you sign me up for now. It may be susceptible to change when the day approaches but I will inform you for sure.

Thanks

Sig by Oroboro
Segofax

PSN Name: Segofax |NA , EU & Asia Version

Postby bialy0021 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:22 am

escaping chain isnt a problem. catching ppl trying to escape chain with other bstabs or something else isnt either :)
chains are ok and add to the fights, its not dks. in general less is more when it comes to rules imho, but thats just me and i cant participate anyway.
i like the name of the tourney #wizardsmasterrace
bialy0021

Postby Astrichthyes » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:45 pm

Jumilaattori wrote:
Astrichthyes wrote:-No chain backstab
Stab-fs-fs. Used to do that with running fs toon when in a friendly world. There´s 2 ways to escape chain bs 100% of time but yea :)

Also was meant to say this at your first tourney: Spray is gay mmkay. In a tourney like this and your previous it should be banned mmkay.

Back in 2010 we would spar with Nick and after 5 min, hey let´s not use spray and instead try to time our other spells.

I agree on firestorm being ban-worthy and I don't have a problem banning it.

Chain is banned because it can be used to stall and may also connect with lag spikes. Fighting Valk a week ago and getting consistently chained with some vacstabs in the mix whilst he regenerated most of my damage off made the fights very one-sided and proved how advantageous and unfair the tactic can be. It will remain on the ban list.

Spray is absolutely annoying when overly used, but is not problematic if used occasionally. Without it, the only spells available will be ray, FB, ignite, HSA, FT, and SA. I'm trying to offer a little more variety in spells. If enough players have a problem with it, I'll ban it, but it is still not considered an active spell and will be enforced against if it is overused.

Astrichthyes

Postby Astrichthyes » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:53 pm

Segofax wrote:Hey Astr,

Is this NA server? Can you sign me up for now. It may be susceptible to change when the day approaches but I will inform you for sure.

Thanks

Yes, I signed you up. Keep me informed and add astrichthyes2 on PSN

Astrichthyes

Postby Ryliciouss » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:03 pm

Isn't this the weekend bloodborne is launched? :truce:
PSN: Ryliciouss, Razzatatt (-6 GMT), NA & EU Servers DS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNXBdsFpvK4
"with booze and cats" -Meph
Ryliciouss

PSN Name: Ryliciouss

Postby Astrichthyes » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:15 am

Ryliciouss wrote:Isn't this the weekend bloodborne is launched? :truce:

Unfortunately, yes. I personally cannot afford to drop $500+ on a PS4 to play BB and I'm not the only one, which is what I'm banking on. If the number of players participating is too few, I'll just call the whole thing off and duel/spar anyone who shows up. It's all gg's either way.

EDIT: changed the date to avoid this. It is now March 21-22

Astrichthyes

Postby Zubroska40 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:36 am

Hey Ast.

I m not sure yet to be free for this tourney, i will tell u that later.

I wanted to know if i can play with a DBS mage, or if i need a new build to use moon/blessed weapons.

Burn! Burn! yes u gonna burn! :gamers:
Zubroska40

PSN Name: zubroska40

Return to Online