sl 20 pvp/tournament

All things related to Demon's Souls Online; including Co-Op and PvP!

sl 20 pvp/tournament

Postby jofadda » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:17 am

does/did anyone make builds capped at SL 20 for pvp or tournaments? a few friends of mine and i used to host tournaments with eachother using SL 20 builds and i found it interesting what one could cram into such limited stat work if you are creative about it. we had some wild and unusual builds. two handed dozer at 20 str makes for a brilliant glasscannon and you have ten spare levels to work within if you went temple knight, vit/end builds that have the most uncommon dragonstone weapons, mages that rely on a single casting of firestorm(this one started as a gag build but due to firestorms effectiveness at low vit levels became a somewhat serious build option). sl 20 tournaments are very interesting imo because the crippling stat cap forces you to get at least a little creative with your stats and equipment
jofadda

Advertisement

Re: sl 20 pvp/tournament

Postby ValkyriePROfail » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:26 pm

You can easily make a sl 20 with northern regalia and second chance. One or two shotting builds at 20 wouldn't be fun if you ask me.
"[]" {[]} {[]} []_
ValkyriePROfail

PSN Name: PSN1: ValkyriePROfail PSN2: ShyValkyrie PSN3: ValkyTalky

Postby jofadda » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:48 pm

i find pvp at that level fun if you get creative with it and at SL 20 a NR build is also liable to get one or twoshotted by a dozer axe build, a good fatal weapon build or a good dragon weapon build. the (relatively)high stat requirements for the NR make it a whole lot less feasable as SL 20 as you need faith int and dex at 18 and str at 15. thats over 13 of your levels just making sure you can swing the bloody thing! thats only 7 levels into end or vit. the NR only starts to become feasable at sl 30(25 IF you pick your class well AND meticulously pick your stats) demon/soul brandt however are somewhat more viable than other builds but again are also liable to be one or two shotted by a good enough build. the whole point of SL20 build tournaments is making every last stat point count and thats what my friends and i found fun
jofadda

Postby ValkyriePROfail » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:55 pm

You only need 14/14/12/12 to 2h NR for 540ar.
"[]" {[]} {[]} []_
ValkyriePROfail

Postby jofadda » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:26 pm

oh right yea that makes it feasable at sl20 but its isnt THE build to go with, ive oneshotted a friends NR sl20 build(hypermode, +5 DBS, parrying dagger and switching to two-handing inbetween the parry and riposte(then again i either dodged or parried everything he threw at me)
jofadda

Postby ValkyriePROfail » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:54 pm

Its not about outplaying, its about build effectiveness at sl 20. DBS needs a minimum amount of stamina to make a good use of it. That considering you run 20str in order to 2h it, and yet the build is very limited. With temple knight your max end if u go SC (11int+coronet+silver catalyst and 16 fth) is 17, w/o SC 23. Thats a terrible sl 20 DBS build plus you almost have to run it naked in order to fast roll.
"[]" {[]} {[]} []_
ValkyriePROfail

Postby jofadda » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:07 pm

i actually had 30 str, naked, no shield(parrying dagger) and base stats other than str. over all its useless at taking hits, but whatever i dont oneshot better start running! xD :P anyway with good parrying practice this build is THE definition of a oneshot glasscannon build. you HAVE to play defencively with this build, but it is a surprizingly good oneshot build. the reason i like SL 20 pvp is that insane builds people would NEVER use otherwise become not just effective but also domanant and almost needed
jofadda

Postby ValkyriePROfail » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:12 pm

Problem is that good players wont let themselves get parried and will punish ur low stamina and parry attempts so much that you´ll find your build hopeless :)
"[]" {[]} {[]} []_
ValkyriePROfail

Postby jofadda » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:09 pm

actually within my friends tournaments the 30 str dbs build is quite viable parry wise, i wont say its a great build, we did call it the madmans smasher for a reason but it is viable and had/has a 6-4 average win to loss ratio. the dozer axe is more viable considering the low stamina, but it is much weaker and heavy enough to require the ring of great strength to avoid fatrolling. all in all there more complex details in sl20 pvp than you give it credit for
jofadda

Postby ValkyriePROfail » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:24 am

I have a sl20 NR twink on NA version. Wanna have few matches?
"[]" {[]} {[]} []_
ValkyriePROfail

Postby jofadda » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:54 pm

sure, i just finished a sl 20 build
jofadda

Postby ValkyriePROfail » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:58 pm

wanna fight now? can you host 4-1?
"[]" {[]} {[]} []_
ValkyriePROfail

Postby Jumilaattori » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:34 am

ValkyriePROfail wrote:I have a sl20 NR twink on NA version. Wanna have few matches?
:lol:
Hated by most Loved by few Respected by all
Jumilaattori

Return to Online