Mage's Tournament NA Concluded

All things related to Demon's Souls Online; including Co-Op and PvP!

Re: Mage's Tournament SL125 NA

Postby Fisto_ » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:12 pm

I won't be able to make it actually, sorrry.
Fisto_

PSN Name: FistoTheDefiler, ArchiacDemon_

Advertisement

Postby Astrichthyes » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:22 pm

Fisto_ wrote:I won't be able to make it actually, sorrry.

No worries. Thanks for letting us know in advance
Join me or face the wrath of babies.

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls: Sold it. Had SL 125 PGS-fth, Pure Mage, and Murak-pyro
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

PSN Name: astrichthyes, astrichthyes2, astrichthyes3

Postby fudo_myoou » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:57 pm

I could stream this for you if you would like.
fudo_myoou

Postby Astrichthyes » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:19 pm

fudo_myoou wrote:I could stream this for you if you would like.

That would be great and could help if one of us has a problem with a fight and need another ref to weigh in for a decision. You're welcome to join as a contender as well.

Demon's Souls: SL 125 Pushed ToB Mage, Spellgaxe, Mak-faith, DBS Mage; lost my saves a while back, so this is all I have
Dark Souls 2: SL300 str-fth; SL 150 str. Completely bored of this game, ready to sell it
Bloodborne: SL 100 Pure Str Logwheel, SL 100 Str-Arc split Logwheel, SL100 Pure Arcane Logwheel
Astrichthyes

Postby Drag-on » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:54 am

Actually, it seems I will get NA by the 31st, I'm not 100% sure, but it might, so I guess you can sort of sign me up? I'm interested, and if I can make it on time I'd really like to join, but like I said, chances are not so small that I won't be able to make it, so um.. Put me in there, somewhere (if it's not too late), I'll try to let you know on time
Drag-on

PSN Name: Dragonization

Postby Ryliciouss » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:44 am

If you need subs or hosts, I am interested. Sounds fun. :)
PSN: Ryliciouss, Razzatatt (-6 GMT), NA & EU Servers DS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNXBdsFpvK4
"with booze and cats" -Meph
Ryliciouss

PSN Name: Ryliciouss

Postby Astrichthyes » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm

You're both welcome to join. I'll add you to the list.

@Ry: I think the only way time we will need a third host is for the fight(s) between me and my co-host, but we may even be able to double up on fights for more accurate tournament results with a third host. Add me on PSN and I can inform you on how we plan to run the tournament.

Astrichthyes

Postby HagaarsBuilds » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:15 pm

I'll join! :gamers:

WORLD TENDENCY - CLICK ON IT TO ENLARGE IT
HagaarsBuilds

PSN Name: HagaarsBuilds/2-16

Postby Astrichthyes » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:43 pm

Attention, all players signed up for the tournament.

The event is less than a week away, so it's time to prepare if you haven't already. I will try to be online at around noon-3pm PST (on days I am not working until the event) to help anyone who needs to get ready. I may also be available for an hour or two on weekdays from about 9-11pm PST if I can manage it. I'm working about 40-48 hours per week, so I don't get a lot of time to play lately. Here is a list of things to do so you are ready for the tournament:

1) Add astrichthyes2 and eaglesdouble. This is mandatory.

2) PM either of us if you need: weapons/ore/souls duped, to be soulsucked, help designing your build to fit your needs, are unsure if the build you have will qualify for the tournament, or you need some tips on successful spellcasting. I can provide brief tutoring on casting techniques if you're unfamiliar with casters or need to brush that rust off.

3) unless you are a co-host, have all archstones unlocked for all of world 1 and 3. We will not wait if you are unable to meet at the area chosen as the arena. Worlds 2, 4, and 5 will not be used for the fighting area, so you don't have to do a full playthrough to host 4-1 again. I will inform my co-hosts of the chosen location(s) for the tournament via PM so we can minimize whatever trolling that may take place and we will send out official chat invitations the evening before the tournament. Do not forward invitations to anyone who has not signed up to take part in the tournament without expressed permission from myself or eagle.

4) try to get a wired network connection if you can. We want to minimize lag as much as possible.

5) show up on time and expect some cool fights :) I'll be online a few hours before we convene to help any stragglers with that last item or two, a few levels to soulsuck, or tutoring. That said, please be fully prepared by at least the night before so we can have some sparring sessions and get everything organized.

I would also like a vote on the following rules:

No grass or one Full Moon per fight?
No rule on build swaps or only one build swap for the entire tournament?

HagaarsBuilds wrote:I'll join! :gamers:

Awesome, i'll add you to the list.

Astrichthyes

Postby Ryliciouss » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:33 am

Edit: I'd vote no grass to encourage spicing. I'd also vote one build swap ok.
PSN: Ryliciouss, Razzatatt (-6 GMT), NA & EU Servers DS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNXBdsFpvK4
Ryliciouss

Postby Juli » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:55 pm

I've been very sick lately, and missed a lot of work as a result. So, I'll be busy making up over the next week and will probably be working Saturday. So I don't think I can make it, sorry :(
Formerly Saturday-Saint
Juli

PSN Name: TalentedJuli

Postby Astrichthyes » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:28 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:I've been very sick lately, and missed a lot of work as a result. So, I'll be busy making up over the next week and will probably be working Saturday. So I don't think I can make it, sorry :(

I hope you feel better and that everything works out. I'll keep you on the list for now, but please let me know when you have a definite answer as to whether you can make it or not. Good luck

Astrichthyes

Postby Ryliciouss » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:22 am

@ http://www.twitch.tv/fudo_myoou have been plugging your stream and this tourney in streams all night.. a lot of interest in watching saturday
Ryliciouss

Postby fudo_myoou » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:38 am

Ryliciouss wrote:@ http://www.twitch.tv/fudo_myoou have been plugging your stream and this tourney in streams all night.. a lot of interest in watching saturday

Good stuff. I am uncertain whether to participate yet as I will probably get destroyed. But I may just join for the pure fun of it. Also if enough people are interested I will start streaming regular des fight clubs. Both EU and NA. Looking forward to Saturday
fudo_myoou

Postby Astrichthyes » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:41 am

fudo_myoou wrote:Good stuff. I am uncertain whether to participate yet as I will probably get destroyed. But I may just join for the pure fun of it. Also if enough people are interested I will start streaming regular des fight clubs. Both EU and NA. Looking forward to Saturday

it will be a fun tournament and players of varying skill levels have joined. I welcome you to play in it. Do you know anyone who would be able to stream alongside you? The tournament will take too long if we try to stream all of the fights one at a time. If not, I can ask a streamer I met recently.

I'm really looking forward to Saturday. We have a good mix of players and an excellent tournament area lined up. If all goes well, I plan on having another tournament in a couple of months with a similar ruleset and more players.

Astrichthyes

Postby fudo_myoou » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:19 pm

Astrichthyes wrote:
fudo_myoou wrote:Good stuff. I am uncertain whether to participate yet as I will probably get destroyed. But I may just join for the pure fun of it. Also if enough people are interested I will start streaming regular des fight clubs. Both EU and NA. Looking forward to Saturday

it will be a fun tournament and players of varying skill levels have joined. I welcome you to play in it. Do you know anyone who would be able to stream alongside you? The tournament will take too long if we try to stream all of the fights one at a time. If not, I can ask a streamer I met recently.

I'm really looking forward to Saturday. We have a good mix of players and an excellent tournament area lined up. If all goes well, I plan on having another tournament in a couple of months with a similar ruleset and more players.

Unfortunately no, i don't know anyone else. Who is it you have in mind?
fudo_myoou

Postby Astrichthyes » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:26 pm

fudo_myoou wrote:
Astrichthyes wrote:

Unfortunately no, i don't know anyone else. Who is it you have in mind?

Hellservant. He streamed about a week ago. The only other candidate I can think of is a friend of mine who doesn't even play anything but DkS2 now

Edit: my friend, zubroska, has not responded to my request for him to stream the tournament. Hellservant's profile shows he hasn't been on PSN since the 16th, so I doubt he'll even respond to a request.
Last edited by Astrichthyes on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astrichthyes

Postby Atheist_Pikachu » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:36 pm

Can we use soulbrandt/demonbrandt spell swords?
My alts are watching you (/O_O\)
Atheist_Pikachu

PSN Name: Atheist_Pikachu/Bertribus/Karilix

Postby Astrichthyes » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:23 am

Atheist_Pikachu wrote:Can we use soulbrandt/demonbrandt spell swords?

I'm thinking both would be too powerful in this tournament, especially DB, and would much rather have players use moon claymore, crescent flamberge, and LSoM because they scale and are unlikely to deal unreasonable damage that can be expected of the NR/SB/DB family

Astrichthyes

Postby Fisto_ » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:28 pm

would be nice to see other tournaments, specifically during the end of march when I'm off on break :D that way i'll have my ps3 with me and can play with wired connection and good internet.
Fisto_

PSN Name: FistoTheDefiler, ArchiacDemon_

Postby Astrichthyes » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:45 pm

Fisto_ wrote:would be nice to see other tournaments, specifically during the end of march when I'm off on break :D that way i'll have my ps3 with me and can play with wired connection and good internet.

I will probably be having another tournament soon, likely in March or April. I can't give any details atm because I don't have anything planned out for it, but it will likely be designed with a similar format as this one. I'll let you know once I plan it out. The results of this tournament will likely determine whether the next tournament will even take place

Astrichthyes

Postby ViciousMuse » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:01 pm

I probably won't be able to join. Work that day, unfortunately.
ViciousMuse

PSN Name: ViciousMuse

Postby Astrichthyes » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:18 pm

ViciousMuse wrote:I probably won't be able to join. Work that day, unfortunately.

Alright, let me know if plans change. If enough players cannot make it on Saturday, I may have to postpone it until next weekend. It might actually be better since I've recently been informed that Super Bowl is this weekend.

@Hagaar: please add me on PSN. I can't invite you to the tournament chat or inform you of any changes should something occur.

To all:
I will be on DeS most of tomorrow to prepare competitors and organize my helpers.
Please let me know if you need anything at all for Saturday or if you are unable to make it. Again, I will be up a few hours before the tournament for last minute preparations and, hopefully, some sparring/dueling sessions.
All players should have all of World 1 and World 3 beaten by the start of the tournament. Our actual arena location will not be announced until the morning of the tournament to avoid hosts trolling our signs.
The official chat invitations will not be sent out until Friday night and must not be shared with anyone who is not participating in the tournament in either the duels, recording/streaming, or helping adjust character tendencies.

Astrichthyes

Postby Atheist_Pikachu » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:01 pm

I have to go to my little brothers birthday I won't make it hope you guys have fun!
My alts are watching you (/O_O\)
Atheist_Pikachu

PSN Name: Atheist_Pikachu/Bertribus/Karilix

Postby Astrichthyes » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:23 am

Atheist_Pikachu wrote:I have to go to my little brothers birthday I won't make it hope you guys have fun!

alright, you too

Astrichthyes

Postby Ryliciouss » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:30 am

Sadly won't make it tomorrow (I might get back just I'm time, I'll hop on and see where everyone's at) have been advertising fudos all week though, going to definitively be people tuning in.
Ryliciouss

Postby Astrichthyes » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:48 am

Ryliciouss wrote:Sadly won't make it tomorrow (I might get back just I'm time, I'll hop on and see where everyone's at) have been advertising fudos all week though, going to definitively be people tuning in.

I'll save your fights for last. If you make it on time, great. If not, there's always next time. Thanks again for spreading word about the tournament. Good luck

Astrichthyes

Postby Astrichthyes » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:51 pm

updated the OP. Overall, most of the fights were entertaining and there was a surprising variety in the weapons used. Most of the builds seemed like 30mag moon&icat spellswords. Not a single DBSM, nor luckless BBS. One or two crestocs, two dual uchi's, a couple clays, a knight sword, a couple of greatswords, a gaxe, a craxe, a kilij, a winged spear. It's a shame we couldn't record the whole thing because there were a lot of interesting matchups.

I look forward to seeing everyone again tomorrow as we wrap up this tournament.

Edit: due to lack of player attendance as a result of unforeseeable events, the remainder of the tournament has been postponed until Saturday, Feb 7th, 2015 at 10am PST.

Astrichthyes

Postby Astrichthyes » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:55 pm

Update: The Tournament has concluded.

1st Place: Dragonization with a GS-ToB spellsword
2nd Place: astrichthyes2 with a moon GS/Gaxe-iCat spellsword
3rd Place: eaglesdouble with a clay/uchi-iCat spellsword

Round 1 was concluded without any fights because CastlevanianHero was a no-show and player5 was about 4 hours late. We moved on to semifinals and even added a fourth player to the fray, Kamon. Kam fought valiantly, but could not muster a win. Eagle and I tied up at the end of the semifinals with 4-2 and had a tie-breaker while drag sat comfortably at 5-1. In the final best of 3 round with me vs drag, drag won 2-0. Eagle, Dragon, and I had some disagreements on lag, but due to the looping nature it had because of our distances from each other and individual internet quality, there was no clear solution to the problem. In the end, Dragon came out on top.

Congratulations to Dragon and eagle for placing 1st and 3rd respectively. Thanks go to everyone who participated.

Astrichthyes

Re: Mage's Tournament NA Concluded

Postby bialy0021 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:46 am

wizards > mages. gj belgian hope
bialy0021

PreviousNext

Return to Online