Infusing and IKUG

Discuss the multiple items and magic and miracle abilities of Drangleic.

Infusing and IKUG

Postby R_D » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:17 pm

So I've been wondering for a while--I've noticed that the IKUG (Ivory King Ultra Greatsword) naturally has physical, magical, and bleed damage on it (with scaling for all of the above as well). When you 2h it and attack, it gets the magic blade extension to it's length. I've never actually used this in combat myself, but I've fought a small handful of players using it in PvP and noticed that it seems that if you only get hit with the magic extension, that you don't take very much damage. Am I correct then in assuming that only getting hit with the magic blade extension means you only take the magic (and possibly bleed too? I can't remember) damage, and no physical damage? (the rest of this post will be written under the belief that my assumption here is correct)

Thus, I'd also assume that infusing it with magic will increase the damage dealt if your attack only connects on your enemy with the magical extension. However, you can also infuse it with other elements as well. If I infused it with fire or something, does that damage get added to the magical blade extension as well, or will it stay limited to the physical blade itself and missing with the physical blade means you deal no damage of the type you infused it with? Also, when you 1h it and attack, it doesn't have the magic blade extension, but does that mean it does no magic damage? If not, does infusing it with magic damage thus lower it's damage when attacking with it 1-handed? If infusing it with a non-magic element causes the magic extension of the blade to deal damage of the additional elemental type you infused it with, does that mean that if the 1-handed attacks don't do magic damage, that they won't do the additional type of elemental damage it was infused with as well? Additionally, how does the bleed work? Does the magical extension of the blade deal bleed damage, and if so--again, does attacking with it 1h not deal bleed damage?

Finally, but most importantly, how does this weapon's damage interact with non elemental infusions (particularly enchanted and especially mundane)? Lastly, I'm assuming if the weapon breaks that any 2-handed attacks will act like 1-handed attacks in terms of the lack of magical aura. Given this, if the weapon is broken, how does that affect the various infusions? If the aura ends up exclusively carrying any extra elemental/bleed damage (poison I'm assuming will work the same as bleed here despite the fact that it has natural bleed damage and not natural poison, but even if not, I don't care about poison infusion properties at all either way) from infusion, if the weapon is broken, does that mean that these infusions will be rendered useless (until the weapon is repaired and you wield it 2h again)? Due to an obsession I have with the Scraping Spear (and the sad lack there-of in this game), I'm building up a collection of 'exotic' weapons to troll around with that deal as little damage as possible while having good reach and poise damage and speed (obviously I can't get all of the above in one weapon, but that's why I'm getting lots of different weapons together to fill whatever need I would have for a given situation) in order to damage enemy item durability if I run out of corrosive urns. As such, I'm looking for an infusion that will give me the lowest possible damage for a broken and unbroken IKUG +0. My offensive stats are currently: 50 dex, 30 str, 15 int, and 14 fai.

I apologize for my great wall(s) of text, and I would like to thank in advance anyone who helps me in uncovering the inner workings of the IKUG. :theman:
R_D

Advertisement

Re: Infusing and IKUG

Postby Jumilaattori » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:07 am

R_D wrote: (the rest of this post will be written under the belief that my assumption here is correct)
Forget about it.

Jumilaattori was warned for Abuse / Harassment by "Juli"
  You have been issued a warning for abusive behavior. This is a violation of <a href="http://forums.demonssouls.info/rules.php#rule1b">Rule 1b</a>.

Hated by most Loved by few Respected by all
Jumilaattori

Re: Infusing and IKUG

Postby Jumilaattori » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:21 am

Forget about it =

-The weapon scales like B B D therefore magic infusion is bad
-You will never ever be able to make any1 bleed with it
-You can not troll in dks2, you can only waste everyones time and mostly your own
-There is no magic extension, the whole 2h animation is "magic extension"
-Dmg is based on range and counter hits e.g if you hit with a tip of the blade dmg is very low and vice versa
-When any weapon breaks its rendered as useless, no matter if its diamond infused with sapphires
-1H 2H roll,run atk its all the same and element(s) are based on whatever elements you´ve on the weapon

To reply with 3 words that gets the job done or with many that means the same thing, that´s a dilemma :D

R_D wrote:I apologize for my great wall(s) of text
You´re excused tho, you only got 1 post Mr. Magic extension.
Hated by most Loved by few Respected by all
Jumilaattori

Return to Items, Spells, Miracles, and Hexes