Pilgrim's Spontoon?

Discuss the multiple items and magic and miracle abilities of Drangleic.

Pilgrim's Spontoon?

Postby Vinheimer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi all,

I tried this weapon out last night and, with 50 intelligence, it does more damage than Staff of Wisdom (by about 100, give or take) when Crystal Magic Weapon is engaged. Has anyone else used this and compared it to the blue flame? I heard that weapon can also cast sorceries but I haven't tried it personally.

Pilgrim's Spontoon can also cast hexes but it doesn't compare well to the other options available, even with buffing. Crystal Magic weapon will not boost hexes, only dark or resonant weapon will do that.
Last edited by Vinheimer on Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox Live: Vinheimer
Steam: Andrew Howie
Vinheimer

PSN Name: howas3340

Advertisement

Re: Pilgrim's Spontoon?

Postby Tsmp » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:39 pm

When you said faith, did you mean intelligence?

The pilgrim's spontoon can cast both sorceries and hexes, while still acting as a spear. I haven't tried it with crystal magic weapon/dark weapon yet, but it does a surprisingly decent amount of damage even without them.

Freakishly versatile little thing. The lack of physical damage is bizarre, and makes me wonder if it can shift 100% of magic damage into physical with enchanted like the moonlight greatsword can.
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19416

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19381

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19345&p=185263#p185263

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19608
Tsmp

PSN Name: TSMP1

Postby Vinheimer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:19 pm

Tsmp wrote:When you said faith, did you mean intelligence?

The pilgrim's spontoon can cast both sorceries and hexes, while still acting as a spear. I haven't tried it with crystal magic weapon/dark weapon yet, but it does a surprisingly decent amount of damage even without them.

Freakishly versatile little thing. The lack of physical damage is bizarre, and makes me wonder if it can shift 100% of magic damage into physical with enchanted like the moonlight greatsword can.

Whoops--yes, I meant intelligence. Will edit original post.

It's certainly interesting! I just realized I totally forgot to give it magic infusion before I tested it, so it might actually be more powerful than I thought!

That being said, it does require 30 FTH despite its lackluster hex performance. I specced 25 FTH and used the Ring of Prayer.
Xbox Live: Vinheimer
Steam: Andrew Howie
Vinheimer

PSN Name: howas3340

Postby raest » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:58 am

it's classed as a catalyst so it can only be infused with magic or dark, no enchanted, raw etc

Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.
raest

PSN Name: praetor47

Postby Tsmp » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:29 pm

raest wrote:

it's classed as a catalyst so it can only be infused with magic or dark, no enchanted, raw etc

Pity. Still a really nice toy, though.
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19416

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19381

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19345&p=185263#p185263

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19608
Tsmp