Dragonslayer Crescent Axe - actually not bad?

Discuss the multiple items and magic and miracle abilities of Drangleic.

Dragonslayer Crescent Axe - actually not bad?

Postby CptCosmic » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:54 am

is there anyone using the Dragonslayer Crescent Axe? it does not seem to be bad at all, it does not consume alot of stamina per attack, attacks fast and has a slightly different moveset compared to other axes. with 40 Str and 40 Faith and Ring of Blades +2 it reaches 441 AR uninfused. range is, like with most axes, not the best but seems to be a better than the range of a mace.

the best part about it though, is that you can buff it with resin or sunlight blade as long as it is uninfused. you could also add the lighting crutch ring from DLC for more damage. if my calculations are correct, with 40 str & faith, ring of blades, ligthning crutch ring and sunlight blade it should have 563 AR. not bad for a fast swinging one handed weapon.

Re: Dragonslayer Crescent Axe - actually not bad?

Postby Tsmp » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:32 am

I like the dragonslayer crescent axe, but it always feels either a little too weak or a little too slow when I use it. It's not like a longsword where it's at a happy medium between the two.

As far as raw stats go it's really good, but it's the using part that throws me off. I dunno.
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:

Return to Items, Spells, Miracles, and Hexes