What's Your Favorite KATANA?

Discuss the multiple items and magic and miracle abilities of Drangleic.

What's Your Favorite KATANA?

Postby MosImba » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:18 pm

Pretty new here, but I want to have some fun with y'all, so I'll be posting these regularly! I'm eager to know what your favorite weapons are! We lookin' at Katanas! Personally, I love them, even though the durability SUCKS. Here is my favorite Katana that I've used for the last parts of my normal playthrough, and in my NG+(I'm posting about the Stats that MATTER):

Lightning Berserker Blade+5
P.Atk: 168
Lighting Atk: 168
Counter Str: 150
Lightning Bonus: 46.6

Their are other numbers, but I feel these are the only ones that count, really. And this is on top of a DEX at 42 and FTH and 46. I love this thing, I can't deal with Chaos Blade or Darkdrift :)

Well, what do you guys like? Eager to hear it all!
MosImba

PSN Name: grammeth0123

Advertisement

Re: What's Your Favorite KATANA?

Postby rkzhao » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:21 pm

If I had to use katanas, might as well go with dual washing poles :ugeek:
Demon's Souls Dueling vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/rkzhao
rkzhao

Postby MosImba » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:29 pm

STILL haven't found a Washing Pole yet! Where is it at?
MosImba

PSN Name: grammeth0123

Postby Alois2 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:31 pm

Washing Poles are in a mimicked chest at the Dragon Shrine. I plan to get one, and despite their having only 20 for durability I think it'lll be my favorite. Until then, I have this as my fav;

Dark Darkdrift+10;
Atk: 161 +18
Dark bonus: 161 +51
Para bonuses
Dex: C
Dark: B
Image You will bend the knee or be destroyed...
Alois2

PSN Name: Alois-Blucher (please refer to [email protected])

Postby oMDKo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:23 am

Chaos Blade infused dark or fire for its reach, speed and power.
oMDKo

PSN Name: oMDKo, Face32423

Postby spacehamster » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:21 am

Earlier, Uchigatana +10. Eventually, Blacksteel Katana +10. For pure DEX builds, the BSK's S bonus really trumps everything else in my book. Occasionally I'll use the Washing Pole in bossfights because of its higher damage output, but I don't like it much otherwise for PVE. It's really annoying to use in narrow corridors because of its length. PVP might be a different story, though, I haven't tested it for that enough.

I got to NG++ yesterday, and I have to say the lack of durability is really becoming a problem for me there. Everything takes another one or two extra swipes to kill, and I practically always have to switch weapons by the time I get to a boss.
PSN, XBL, GFWL, Steam - spacehamsterZH
spacehamster

PSN Name: spacehamsterZH

Postby Alois2 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:26 pm

I got the Washing Pole and made it a Dark +10, but despite the awesome, terror-inspiring power, it's durability is s**t...and with the other katana, that was rarely an issue. But the Washing Pole's 20 means the near-breaking messeage pops up quickly. I'm really missing the good old days when durability never really mattered, now I can only use the Washing Pole casually or in boss fights only, luckily I saved my Dark Berserker Blade +10--now it's my "back-up waepon". Still didn't get the Chaos Blade but I think it'll be my new favorite--least of all for it's massive durability. Still...maybe there's a ring... anyone find a ring to reduce durability reduction rate? Otherwise my beloved Washing Pole is practically unusable (and I made her a +10 too... :( ) I think I mean find solace i the Uchigatana I never used...
Image You will bend the knee or be destroyed...
Alois2

PSN Name: Alois-Blucher (please refer to [email protected])

Postby Jman1988 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:01 pm

Bracing Ring +2 basically doubles all your durability (by cutting your degradation in half). It's considerable for Washing Pole, if you think that combo would serve you better than another katana + a decent ring.
Jman1988

Postby jumjummju » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:12 pm

Eh, I'll take my Chaos Blade. Damage increase from other katanas is minimal (on my 40/40 build, anyway, and I don't have a Berserker's to test with), but the added range (that whole half a foot) is actually a large boon for getting people in PvP. And it's moveset is fantastic as well, with the 2H R2's combo doing great damage.

Also, it's so swag.
jumjummju

Return to Items, Spells, Miracles, and Hexes