Sword with flying combo

Discuss the multiple items and magic and miracle abilities of Drangleic.

Sword with flying combo

Postby WalkingSpirit » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:04 pm

Hey all. The other day I was with a phantom taking on the Iron King, and they did something pretty crazy I hadn't seen before. They performed a combo that threw their character high into the air and then plunged back down. I've tried to read descriptions but so far can't figure it out. Anyone know about this sword/weapon?
WalkingSpirit

PSN Name: xxjrodrigoxx

Advertisement

Re: Sword with flying combo

Postby Alois_Blucher » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:21 pm

That's a normal attack pretty much every melee weapon has it's own version of. To do it: Press the left analog stick forward and simultaneously press R2, similar to the kick/guard break attack. Try it in Majula for a while until you feel comfortable with it and you'll notice it's a pretty strong attack...
Life is but a dream within a dream Image
Alois_Blucher

PSN Name: AloisWalken

Postby WalkingSpirit » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:36 pm

No, I know that attack. The guy literally flew several feet above the knight. I don't know how else to explain it. Like those ridiculous hack n slash games where the character magically keeps attacking an enemy in mid air, and they go higher and higher. Except it wasn't on going.

I think it's the magestic great sword, dual wielding with a power stance, but I'm not sure what that means. Power stance?
WalkingSpirit

PSN Name: xxjrodrigoxx

Postby Tsmp » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:53 pm

I keep useful threads in my signature. One of them describes what Power Stance is.

It's basically a dual wielding system that allows you to attack with both weapons at the same time. Certain weapons have unique attacks while power stanced and paired with compatible weapons, like the Warped Sword with other curved swords or the Majestic Greatsword with other greatswords.
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19416

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19381

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19345&p=185263#p185263

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19608
Tsmp

PSN Name: TSMP1

Postby plaintomato » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:00 pm

Yeah that's the Majestic GS. You don't absolutely have to dual wield to get the flip, you can also get a flip move by two-handing it (but you have to have it equipped in the left hand IIRC).
plaintomato

Return to Items, Spells, Miracles, and Hexes