Explosion Knight Build

Post your builds up here! You can also discuss the various characters and enemies of Drangleic!

Explosion Knight Build

Postby Mirror Squire » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:23 am

So I was thinking on building something like this:

Old Knight Helm
Old Knight Armor
Old Knight Gauntlets
Old Knight Leggings

Lost Sinner's Sword
Old Knight Hammer
Old Knight Ultra Greatsword

Old Sun Ring
Ring of Thorns +2

Basic idea is to go high HP with high poise and strength. Dual-wielding weapons to continually lay into your opponent. This conveniently leaves you wide open, allowing your retaliatory effects to catch them off guard. I suspect maybe mirror shield or rebel's tower shield to block magic... Though I was debating over how to use the last two ring slots. Red and Blue tearstone rings to take advantage of my large health? Or 3rd Dragoncrest paired with Life Ring +2 for the extra HP?
Mirror Squire

Advertisement

Re: Explosion Knight Build

Postby Tsmp » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:36 am

The problem with baiting your opponents into hitting you is that some of them will do precisely that. Kill combos are pretty popular right now, and some greatswords (in other words, all the ones people will be using) can take you from full hp to 0 in a 4-hit combo.

It's an interesting idea, but I've run into people with enough poise to eat an Old Sun Ring and keep swinging, and considering the popular meta armor right now is Havel's...
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19416

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19381

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19345&p=185263#p185263

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19608
Tsmp

PSN Name: TSMP1

Re: Explosion Knight Build

Postby Mirror Squire » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:55 pm

Whoops. Realized I posted this in the wrong forum. Gonna ask a mod to move it to the correct dark souls 2 forum.

I will admit it is a gimmick build, so its real usefulness will be limited. Going to soul vessel one of my higher level characters and report back here.
Mirror Squire

Return to Character Builds, NPCs and Enemies