Jumi´s builds

Post your builds up here! You can also discuss the various characters and enemies of Drangleic!

Re: Jumi´s builds

Postby Belzebuuth » Fri May 23, 2014 3:24 am

alainvey wrote:It's a combination of odd hitboxes and lag - these cause some pretty serious phantom range on that thing.

This. Probably a bit more lag than hitbox though (it doesn't seem that bad on warped, unlike some other weapons).

@MDK: I would suggest using Chaos Blade and Warped instead of Blacksteel and Falchion (Warped is really good offhand too, the main advantage of this weapon is the fast uppercut, faster than Falchion normal attack; while Chaos has higher AR -unless you have 50+dex -, longer range and IMO better moveset than Blacksteel)

Going back to mitigation it actually has a huge impact when fights are pure phys vs pure phys - Jumi and I met a couple times yesterday, we both had around 1000 slash def, and my dual wield kat combos did around 600 dmg to him, while I usually do around 1100; on the other hand Jumi's combo felt way less deadly than when I fought him with 600 defs. Garg's Dark infused dual Longswords hit me quite hard on the other hand, as heavy armor has low elem defs. I suppose the best idea would be to mix light and heavy pieces (like Hollow Mage hood, Black Witch dress, Havel rest, as been said already), but you will look fugly while doing so :P
Anyways my point is that probably switching Life+2 for Royal+2 could be way better than it seems.

Btw Jumi your caster looked beastly yesterday :)
Belzebuuth

PSN Name: FranZetta | Belzebuuth | FranZebuuth

Advertisement

Postby oMDKo » Fri May 23, 2014 5:02 am

I Know about CB Having higher AR But it's not that much higher and I don't loose 30 hp per hit. As I don't use the r2 I have no problems with the move Set.

I like the Falchion's wise swinging arc But I'll probably switch to warped for better comboing.

There seems to be a significant difference between around 800 and around 1000 physical defense. Your combos Hit me for around1000 damage although my slash defense is in the mid 800. Probably the ring Of steel aint Bad neither
oMDKo

PSN Name: oMDKo, Face32423

Postby nyyppa » Sat May 24, 2014 10:32 am

oMDKo wrote:I Know about CB Having higher AR But it's not that much higher and I don't loose 30 hp per hit. As I don't use the r2 I have no problems with the move Set.

If you don't like the 30 HP drain on the Chaos Blade, you could always try the very basic Uchigatana. It has slightly worse scaling than the Blacksteel, but it does have higher base dmg, so I doubt it'd be much worse in terms of damage output.

Also, (most) Katanas shine for their counter strenght, ie. attacking when opponent is in the middle of an animation. All the Kats have either 130 or 150 Counter strenght, and unfortunately the Blacksteel Kat falls into the 130 category, which makes it a weaker choice for counterattacks. And not only the Uchi has 150 counter strenght, it also weighs 3.0 units less. Something to look at.

Of course we're looking at a personal prefrence here, but I've always felt that the Blacksteel gets outclassed by the other katanas in too many ways for it to be worth picking over them. The only pros are the looks and the scaling.
nyyppa

Postby oMDKo » Sat May 24, 2014 2:40 pm

nyyppa wrote:
oMDKo wrote:I Know about CB Having higher AR But it's not that much higher and I don't loose 30 hp per hit. As I don't use the r2 I have no problems with the move Set.

If you don't like the 30 HP drain on the Chaos Blade, you could always try the very basic Uchigatana. It has slightly worse scaling than the Blacksteel, but it does have higher base dmg, so I doubt it'd be much worse in terms of damage output.

Also, (most) Katanas shine for their counter strenght, ie. attacking when opponent is in the middle of an animation. All the Kats have either 130 or 150 Counter strenght, and unfortunately the Blacksteel Kat falls into the 130 category, which makes it a weaker choice for counterattacks. And not only the Uchi has 150 counter strenght, it also weighs 3.0 units less. Something to look at.

Of course we're looking at a personal prefrence here, but I've always felt that the Blacksteel gets outclassed by the other katanas in too many ways for it to be worth picking over them. The only pros are the looks and the scaling.

I think your Last sentence is the point for me. It looks awesome with my armor Set. I think if I'm going FTW I'd choose the CB over Blacksteel.

And your about Uchi. I think it's the second best Katana after CB. But my personal preference is Blacksteel xD
oMDKo

Postby Jumilaattori » Sun May 25, 2014 12:02 am

oMDKo wrote:When U fought you yesterday
I did the darklurker spilt but the other jumi turned against me :D

Belzebuuth wrote:Going back to mitigation it actually has a huge impact when fights are pure phys vs pure phys
I did some random PvP with crusher (1330+ slash def) and my opponent was using 1H chaos blade with great shield, he comes with WDR1 to R1 R1 R1 I just stood there doing nothing he took 120 dmg from CB, I couldn´t tell which one took more dmg..

Belzebuuth wrote:Garg's Dark infused dual Longswords hit me quite hard on the other hand, as heavy armor has low elem defs.
Crusher has 2349 HP above is the slash def. I fought lightning mastadon halberd dude who used SLB. I´m backpedaling greatshield up, strafe bs him 1700 dmg, he has about 400-500 HP left. I continue backpedaling then try to hit him but I miss and he hits me once then stuns to 2nd and 3rd hit and I died. Buffs were lame in DeS and dks too but this shit makes no sense thought its nothing new, I said a long time ago to killface that when 85% of dmg is elemental physical defense does nothing.

From nearly "absorbing" dmg to dying to 3 hits / to 1 backstab. Need to chew on this for a while, but fair to say that I think they could´ve done it better.

Belzebuuth wrote:Anyways my point is that probably switching Life+2 for Royal+2 could be way better than it seems.
Phys vs phys, no buffs where "skill" plays a bigger role than just 3 shotting. Otherwise its the lame blackwitch,havel,havel with life+2 cause burden stays below 50%.

Also with crusher 99% burden fatroll and 3 adp and I can dodge grs and avelyn roll out of the way of most weapons hell can even dodge sunlight spears.

For me that means that 150 build can be done like my 1st faith build below 70% with min vit while gettting high def,poise and high elem defs. Skipping adp as it does very little in red vs red duels (poison moss only comes to mind) put those points to end for infinite stunlocks, whatever is the breakpoint for max hits 80? 86? 94? or whatnot.

This is why 250+ is so broken as you get everything and elemental buff = land one hit and seal the match.

Monday is a patch day, sm and glitches would be a good place to start but I´m affraid its not enough. Don´t get me wrong I do love how good build diversity is at 150, how even the most lol builds are viable and how builds/setups have pros and cons and tha game is way better than dkslolpvp xD but I do hope they can improve it if they don´t it might get empty as summer is here and all.

P.s I hope this doesen´t make me a hypocrite :D
Hated by most Loved by few Respected by all
Jumilaattori

Postby BenjiBana » Sun May 25, 2014 2:37 am

Sorry but what's the crusher build?
How does it have so much defense?!
Is it a SL150?
BenjiBana

Postby Jumilaattori » Sun May 25, 2014 3:27 am

Crusher:
Bandit

Vgr 50
End 34
Vit 38
Str 45
Dex 22

Rest base

RH: Greatsword
RH2:Longsword/claymore

LH: Lion gaxe
LH2: Rebel´s greatshield
LH3: Monastery scimitar

Smelter helm,ironclad chest,havel,havel
Jumilaattori

Postby oMDKo » Sun May 25, 2014 1:52 pm

Jumilaattori wrote:Crusher:
Bandit

Vgr 50
End 34
Vit 38
Str 45
Dex 22

Rest base

RH: Greatsword
RH2:Longsword/claymore

LH: Lion gaxe
LH2: Rebel´s greatshield
LH3: Monastery scimitar

Smelter helm,ironclad chest,havel,havel

Lol this gonna be a pain in the ass for my pure Dex build. Sounds nasty dude
oMDKo

Postby nyyppa » Sun May 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Jumilaattori wrote:Crusher has 2349 HP above is the slash def. I fought lightning mastadon halberd dude who used SLB. I´m backpedaling greatshield up, strafe bs him 1700 dmg, he has about 400-500 HP left. I continue backpedaling then try to hit him but I miss and he hits me once then stuns to 2nd and 3rd hit and I died. Buffs were lame in DeS and dks too but this shit makes no sense thought its nothing new, I said a long time ago to killface that when 85% of dmg is elemental physical defense does nothing.

From nearly "absorbing" dmg to dying to 3 hits / to 1 backstab. Need to chew on this for a while, but fair to say that I think they could´ve done it better.

A tanky build like yours shouldn't die from 3 weapon swings in any circumstances, because that kind of invalidates the whole build, agreed on that. But..

..regarding that buffing part; against a build like your crusher, at least for me it started to feel like my chances with a pure physical weapon are very, very slim. I was poking you out for about 150 dmg with my Syan's +10, while being outranged and potentially being killed by one combo when screwing up a trade. Wearing the chubby turtle armor you couldn't be backstabbed either.

Against that build I really started to feel like I have to get a resonant weapon to be able to do anything at all. :D

I do realize that the build has it's weak points, like base ADP and fatroll, but as far as I remember, getting hit by your Greatsword + Lion G.Axe PS swing took about 1/3 of my HP, and I had about 1000 slash defense. So potentially you could just win by waiting and trading with me.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to justify using buffs etc. with this, but just trying to point out that there are some balance issues with physical defenses too, and against super tanky builds one might have to resort to using a buff to be able to pose at least a little threat. At least I got really hopeless when trying to poke your crusher down, it was like trying to get through a brickwall with a pencil. But then again adding a buff could flip the whole balance around, and that wouldn't be good either.

Perfect balance is hard, if not impossible to find. Within certain boundaries many builds are balanced and are a close matchup to other builds too, but when those boundaries are crossed, certain things start to become very effective against others.

That's one reason why the overlvl'd builds are generally a pain in the ass; because they have everything beyond of those "boundaries", buffs, massive defenses/poise, spells etc.
nyyppa

Postby oMDKo » Mon May 26, 2014 1:54 am

The problem with buff builds is that They can use a buff with minimum investments By spicing them down. That and the fact that infused weapons nearly outclass +10s because of poor scaling makes them "op" imo.

If you'd have to make an investment to use them and thus had to sacrfice sth to use them it wouldn't be that bad.
oMDKo

Postby nyyppa » Mon May 26, 2014 3:41 am

oMDKo wrote:The problem with buff builds is that They can use a buff with minimum investments By spicing them down. That and the fact that infused weapons nearly outclass +10s because of poor scaling makes them "op" imo.

If you'd have to make an investment to use them and thus had to sacrfice sth to use them it wouldn't be that bad.

Yeah I can agree with that. Infused weapon often outclasses a +10, even without a buff, because in nearly all cases most builds are rocking far more physical defenses than elemental ones.

Spices felt like a godsend during the first couple weeks of the game, but the balance issues with those are starting to be quite clear by now. But in the other hand, even if spices wouldn't be there, you could still use fire infused stuff with flame weapon buff, that doesn't require any stats at all.

Also about the +10 scaling imbalance, maybe it's not actually the scaling that is bad, maybe it's actually an "issue" with physical defense. Maybe the mitigation gained from armor just simply goes up too rapidly compared to the damage you get from scaling. There seems to be a point after maybe like 900 physdef when certain physical weapons start to see a drastic drop in damage numbers. I pulled the number "900" out of my ass by just looking at the "very tanky build" comments I've been getting on my 1020 slashdef build. Before that I mostly used around 800 def one and didn't really get comments like that at all.

Maybe the elemental/physical dmg as well as defence imbalances see some sort of fix at some point, I mean DkS1 was far from balanced during the first year of the game.
nyyppa

Postby Jumilaattori » Mon May 26, 2014 10:14 am

nyyppa wrote:
Jumilaattori wrote:Crusher has 2349 HP above is the slash def. I fought lightning mastadon halberd dude who used SLB. I´m backpedaling greatshield up, strafe bs him 1700 dmg, he has about 400-500 HP left. I continue backpedaling then try to hit him but I miss and he hits me once then stuns to 2nd and 3rd hit and I died. Buffs were lame in DeS and dks too but this shit makes no sense thought its nothing new, I said a long time ago to killface that when 85% of dmg is elemental physical defense does nothing.

A tanky build like yours shouldn't die from 3 weapon swings in any circumstances, because that kind of invalidates the whole build, agreed on that. But..

..regarding that buffing part; against a build like your crusher, at least for me it started to feel like my chances with a pure physical weapon are very, very slim. I was poking you out for about 150 dmg with my Syan's +10, while being outranged and potentially being killed by one combo when screwing up a trade. Wearing the chubby turtle armor you couldn't be backstabbed either.

Against that build I really started to feel like I have to get a resonant weapon to be able to do anything at all. :D

I do realize that the build has it's weak points, like base ADP and fatroll, but as far as I remember, getting hit by your Greatsword + Lion G.Axe PS swing took about 1/3 of my HP, and I had about 1000 slash defense. So potentially you could just win by waiting and trading with me.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to justify using buffs etc. with this, but just trying to point out that there are some balance issues with physical defenses too, and against super tanky builds one might have to resort to using a buff to be able to pose at least a little threat. At least I got really hopeless when trying to poke your crusher down, it was like trying to get through a brickwall with a pencil. But then again adding a buff could flip the whole balance around, and that wouldn't be good either.

Perfect balance is hard, if not impossible to find. Within certain boundaries many builds are balanced and are a close matchup to other builds too, but when those boundaries are crossed, certain things start to become very effective against others.

That's one reason why the overlvl'd builds are generally a pain in the ass; because they have everything beyond of those "boundaries", buffs, massive defenses/poise, spells etc.
I agree and a bit silly that I brought this up with crusher. Also you were the toughest opponent with that poking. Any dw setup and crusher destroyes xD Bane was buffed weapons but they can be turtled away with a great shield and at ironkeep bridge batfog + grs was deadly when the fuckers spammed the whole bridge. Turtle armor was merely a fashion choise.

About crusher and that weapon setup. 38 vit + soldier´s +2 allows shadow set + lion gaxe + greatsword burden is like 48,9% or so, maybe I could use monastery scimitar too. Adp is still at base and would need 23 points to reach 100 agility.

So you guys see why I went to 99% burden.

I removed the original faithsword build as I considered it outdated but hell I´m gonna readd it cause agility or being below 50% is not as important as I thought and I was doing fine with the build and it could take a lot of punishment from buffed weapons.

In DeS it was match up vs match up. Now its more of builds and stats on the sheet countering builds and stats on the sheet.

@Nyyppa I want to test some dmg numbers, infused weapon buffed and unbuffed vs different armors and vs faith build and vs pure physical build.

P.s I made a pure miracle build like licia or rhea, first I had moon butterfly shield infused to poison but it did nothing and I tried parrying the samurai knights at ironkeep with poor results.. Tried monastery scimitar without str and dex requirements with a slow parry animation and 10/10 parries nailed. Its damn broken, doesen´t matter when you press the button as long as you don´t parry air 0.5s before the opponent attacks, like vs santier´s you get atleast a partial parry everytime.
Jumilaattori

Postby nyyppa » Mon May 26, 2014 12:25 pm

Jumilaattori wrote:@Nyyppa I want to test some dmg numbers, infused weapon buffed and unbuffed vs different armors and vs faith build and vs pure physical build.

I'm up for it, just lemme know whenever I'm online and we can test that stuff.
nyyppa

Postby DidoRumbus » Mon May 26, 2014 12:51 pm

Jumilaattori wrote:About crusher and that weapon setup. 38 vit + soldier´s +2 allows shadow set + lion gaxe + greatsword burden is like 48,9% or so, maybe I could use monastery scimitar too. Adp is still at base and would need 23 points to reach 100 agility.

So you guys see why I went to 99% burden.

I removed the original faithsword build as I considered it outdated but hell I´m gonna readd it cause agility or being below 50% is not as important as I thought and I was doing fine with the build and it could take a lot of punishment from buffed weapons.

I played with a faithsword variant all yesterday, actually closer to your sun warrior, I'll post up at some point. Very nice defences and I went with 50% & agility over gouged physical def. With small stat/gear changes, many builds can easily choose between:

1. 750 phys def, 350 elem def, 60.5 poise, 100 agility, and <50%.
2. 1000 phys def, 250 elem def, 95+ poise, base agility, and <60/70%.
3. turtle, <100% ;)

#1 and #2 would both work on faithsword, but I've tried base adp and it does nerf your rolls noticeably. I think that's why your crusher does well against non-buffs, you avoid roll as much as possible, use poise and/or greatshield, focus on trades and dmg advantage. That's also why buff hurts so much, trades no longer have dmg advantage. Might make sense to keep black witch and a resist ring handy vs buffs? GMB would be perfect if you could spare the stats. How about blue/yellow/orange burr to match buff?
DidoRumbus

PSN Name: DidoRumbus

Postby Jumilaattori » Wed May 28, 2014 6:38 am

DidoRumbus wrote:3. turtle, <100% ;)
+1

DidoRumbus wrote:but I've tried base adp and it does nerf your rolls noticeably.
Yea, its a nice stat to have but I´m thinking a new variation to 24 str dex build. With 34 end as its just lovely to have and lowering agility to 95 and points off from Vgr/vitality. The last time I played I went back to jester´s robes, it´s light with decent physical defense and solid elemental defenses and don´t have to worry about lagstabs,vacstabs and frontalstabs. Try bs only and eventually lag happens. With good latency its easy to avoid but good latency in souls is rare. Heavy helm,havel,havel for 70,5 poise = poise vs light dw setup with stone.

DidoRumbus wrote:Might make sense to keep black witch and a resist ring handy vs buffs? GMB would be perfect if you could spare the stats. How about blue/yellow/orange burr to match buff?
I thought about gmb but its only 1 cast (red vs red in mind), needs quite a lot of stats and when elemental defenses are low gmb doesen´t really shine. Never tried burrs, no clue how they are. Buffs are easy to turtle away, just hug great shield and keep moving sideways/backpedaling dks style xD
Jumilaattori

Postby BenjiBana » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:02 am

For your faith build (first one), you said "Trying heavenly thunder to sunlight spear, after casting heavenly thunder you´re free from the animation while bolts are still hitting the ground." What do you mean by that?
BenjiBana

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:55 am

What he means is: when you cast sunlight spear you are locked into the animation (unless you roll cancel) until you cast the spear leaving you open to attack / backstab. When you cast heavenly thunder you have a short animation until it is cast but once it has been cast you can move freely whilst the bolts are still hitting the ground.

Personally i go with scraps of life over both of these two - i know its different magic skill however it is more effective as it knocks people to the ground and unlike fire tempest you are not stuck in position until the spell ends
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCTQGmv3U5t3U93ynh6UHSTQ
M3mnoch_1987

PSN Name: Main: M3mn0ch_1987 - Alt: YourUglyGranny - Alt2: MemIsAno0B

Postby Jumilaattori » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:16 am

Its pretty awesome to hit with heavenly thunder and then with sunlight spear. I made miracle only build using dragon chime in RH for lols with cast speed 350.
Jumilaattori

Postby Jumilaattori » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi there, been playing the dlc few days and the PvE exp is good. New items are nice. The latest balance patches are semi nice. If you think is it worth getting the dlc? Yes. It got me back in the game and the upcoming episodes will keep me in the game. For me it has always been about PvP so the exploring had to do room for vading. Can´t find the host. Blue comes to assist. GG. Can´t find the host. Whiting out. Getting bored, need fights. Heide ruins with randoms. Insta summoned and jumped and fighting lv350+ lv500+ and max level hosts stacking buffs or a red like that who dominates the world and the host happily keeps hosting. Seems like 5-15% of opponents are lv 150. I should try NA hours, I bet its better, has to be.

However when you realise its a souls game, an improvement from the original not as good as the pioneer but getting warmer. Understand that random PvP is not competitive then you can enjoy the game and play it, like you like.

That being said, I got fed up with heide. Headed to arena. 4 fights and man this is even more gay. No more estus, meh passive cunts everywhere, boring careful high lv opponents taking the game way too seriously.

Don´t mistake this as a rant. I´ve been intoxicated playing cheek in tongue with lv 150 expecting everything.

Despite it all the PvP is good, not a dull moment. Some enjoyable fights and time flies by.

Dexterity

This time I avoided dex. Dual kats was my bread and butter in des. Estoc, nooblij etc. The class/weapon tournies and dex was always victorious. In the simple dks 2H chaos blade dominated cause it was fast, canceling backstabs and dealing dmg, bleeding and it was the hardest weapon in game to rollbs making it a viable weapon for attacking !

However dex called me once again and even the first exp was that dex is one of the best builds in the game with many options.

24 str 42 dex build was the thing for me. Very versatile. I favour rich weapon setup and therefore playing without any buffs. I dislike how powerful backstabs are. How easy it is to parry and the SM system in PvP.

Yet I play my style, win with my style and lose with my style.

Break up

Dex is even better than ever. Puzzling stone sword and drakeblood gs add even more verstatility and flynn´s ring make certain setups even more deadly and rewards fashion souls.

24 str 42 dex

This build is now str as much as you need and prefer and 40 dex. (I recommend 24 str as it gives the most versatile setup)

Darkdrift makes room for puzzling stone sword. With warped in MH both weapons deal 25 poise dmg. Like DD, PSS can´t combo WD L1 to warped R1. You need to let the opponent to roll and time your R1 and then you can combo to PS L1. PSS is also a very good in MH as a backup weapon. Special moveset is annoying and effective, paired with hyper ring and very good. I like to use it as a backup when starting with drakeblood gs.

I play fashion souls in heavy armor and using a weapon in every slot so my setup is stone (always with whips and DW), blades and soldier´s. The most competitive would be a simple weapon setup with life instead of soldier´s and losing some mitigation.

What has changed is that I like the look of new armor more. Weapon setup is more powerful then before and that´s about it :)

Jk

So if you like dw and setups with pincer atk e.g warped main whatever offhand then you want poise and mitigation and life. To spell it out almost all PS setups based on aggression are better with vitality. A man at arms.

Flynn´s

10 vit + 3rd dragon is the max power. 11 vit and you lose 1 AR. Worth checking the correct vit for your weapon setup. Losing 7 AR from flynn´s to use a setup like PS helix halberds is a good trade.

I recommend using setups that allows you to use range and stun.

Helix halberds. No need for poise nor mitigation. Good range, fast and good dmg. Simple L1. Just wait for roll and L1 rince and repeat.

2H CB. Easy to space, stuns good and offers decent range and fast swings.

PS Katanas. DW CB the most deadly option. No need for poise all about spacing. If you can get the opponent to roll then you can punish with L1 to a combo. Patience is the key with all PS setups.

Then is dagger stab spam and if you try it 6 times you get a guaranteed vacstab. Worst case scenario.

GS can do well too.

Poison is still good imo, hard but fun to try.

Faith is very good and mage, spell spam still works.
Jumilaattori

Postby DidoRumbus » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Jumilaattori wrote:Flynn´s

10 vit + 3rd dragon is the max power. 11 vit and you lose 1 AR. Worth checking the correct vit for your weapon setup. Losing 7 AR from flynn´s to use a setup like PS helix halberds is a good trade.

I recommend using setups that allows you to use range and stun.

Helix halberds. No need for poise nor mitigation. Good range, fast and good dmg. Simple L1. Just wait for roll and L1 rince and repeat.

2H CB. Easy to space, stuns good and offers decent range and fast swings.

PS Katanas. DW CB the most deadly option. No need for poise all about spacing. If you can get the opponent to roll then you can punish with L1 to a combo. Patience is the key with all PS setups.

Then is dagger stab spam and if you try it 6 times you get a guaranteed vacstab. Worst case scenario.

GS can do well too.

I had a chance to try out flynn @ 150. With 11 VIT (bandit class) and 3rdD you get 61.9 max equip load. With flynn you lose 1 point of the base 50 AR bonus for each 0.5 units of max equip over 60, so bandits lose 4 AR with flynn at a minimum. It's not huge, but you can always use crown of the sunken king to drop VIT to 10 and get the full 50 AR bonus.

Like you say jumi, DEX with physical AR boost: 3rdD, Blades, Flynn, Stone, and sacred oath if you want. Or life instead of 3rdD if you don't mind the stamina loss (I do, 34 END + 3rdD is too nice). I have to say that with the buff to spears, partizan or winged plus these buffs is very good damage from range, with fast recovery. Kats are still great, dagger crit damage better, and monscim is back haha. One thing I like about this 22/24 STR variant is that you can mix in sun sword to your ps, i.e. sun right, chaos left. DW daggers is OK with stone if opponent is low poise, but not as great as mundane.

End of the day tho, mitigation is hit hard for small gain to AR. Worth it? For an annoying spear-poker build with sexy armour, why not ;)
DidoRumbus

PSN Name: DidoRumbus

Postby Jumilaattori » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:32 am

DidoRumbus wrote:and monscim is back haha
haha yes, guys in jester´s, dagger + monscim xD Then they walk at you.. guess what they gonna do :D

Simply push to their parry and then you can PS combo. I´ve met guys that just keep trying to parry. They count that with luck and with how easy it is to parry that if they just spam it they get it right once and get to ohko !!! Just look for the push and end them.

Vacstabs are horrible and high lv players with mundane daggers using flynn´s, fishing for that one vacstab good day.

Question:

Host fighting red and has summoned 2 reds in the world. I watch the fight. The other red is behing me and casts crystal soul spear at me, I dodge and he keeps spamming. I go fight the other red, who is in full havel :shock: I´m killing him, he has 1/3 HP left when suddenly host and that other red come and they all gank me.

I still can´t explain it and the same thing happened yesterday twice.

On average, I got no buffs and I bow. Opponent bows and buffs with GMB then Oath and finally resonant weapon or SLB. Wtf is that lol? During his 1st buff I gesture warmup and mock after his 3rd.

Almost all the opponents are high level and many stack buffs without shame, pulling a dagger going for a vacstab as soon as they are losing the fight etc etc. I don´t understand how random PvP has gone worse, I thought that would be impossible. Also ps3 community the oldest and largest and some say most skilled, you can see all that :P

DidoRumbus wrote:22/24 STR variant is that you can mix in sun sword to your ps, i.e. sun right, chaos left.
Puzzling stone sword. Really nice offhand for warped. That WD move with longswords is annoying. MH move set is nice with specials. You could make a faith build with the new ring. Puzzling stone sword, oath + slb or just slb and only do R2.

Oh yes and it seems that they changed blinding bolt and whatever that spell is that calls lightning bolts, the one from blue cathedral guy. They seem better.

Thought my best fights have been pure melee vs pure melee all the others are very challenging or shit.
Jumilaattori

Postby Clarkie13D » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:47 am

I guess it's experience, but how do you "know" when someone is "over-levelled?"
That is (say) well past SL150?

Seems like everyone I meet wears Havels or Jesters anyway.....
I should be workin.....
Clarkie13D

PSN Name: Clarkie13b & Oolan

Postby Jumilaattori » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:00 am

What they carry. Like I got 30+1 vit 3rd dragon and soldier for heavy/medium armor with dex weapons and buckler. All that full heavy with good arsenal needs 49+ vit.

How much life they got.

Buffs and spells on top of that and you need lv 300 and then how much souls they drop. Also base defense, how much a backstab,guard break and riposte do. I did 800 dmg with GB. Dagger riposte 800 !

Despite all even random PvP has its moments, like 15% of its good. If only all the fighters would gather to the sameplace and streamers could stream mass events every game night e.g what JP has been doing.

I´m playing with the mentality well it was a fight, been working so far.

Edit:

Right after I wrote that I was summoned. Host in full havel SLB shimmering, GMB on. As I ran, he recasts all the buffs. Huge lifepool. GS and even havel shield. I poison him almost wrap it up with a PS combo and finish with WD L1. Round 2 and he starts with profound still vs pure dex that he saw last round :) and then spell spam. Oh ye in 1st round he even had monscim vs PS whips ^^
Jumilaattori

Postby Jumilaattori » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:27 am

Yesterday´s random pvp was garbage, 85% of jumpers. Even guys in full soul gear and formation, spamming my sign and getting that 1500 souls.

DidoRumbus wrote:End of the day tho, mitigation is hit hard for small gain to AR. Worth it? For an annoying spear-poker build with sexy armour, why not ;)

DidoRumbus wrote:I have to say that with the buff to spears, partizan or winged plus these buffs is very good damage from range, with fast recovery.

Indeed. And these spears weight half helix and helix has that sweetspot you need to find for max dmg.A build for flynn´s.

In general, like I said CB 2H. If you want a competitive build then dark CB with resonant weapon 2H only. Flynn´s blades, life/stamina or whatever you prefer. 10 vit almost base reqs for cb 17-20 int/fth with king´s crown.

For me. I could never. Also there was a pm question the otherday that do I stick to 150?

The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent
-Fundamentals of chess 1883

In dks2 random PvP that means (in most cases) playing an opponent that has 50-200+ stat points good. I recommend everyone to play the game as they see it is fun. I wouldn´t worry about lv. or sticking to 150 in random PvP. Play and use whatever you want.. Win or lose with your style.

DW

DW for me in this game is warped in main PS and poison whips PS. A fan of status effects so PS bleed falcions and notched. Poking setups e.g PS spear class are highly competitive and effective. If you want to poison opponent then go with PS spotted whips, everything else is garbage.

For setups like above poise and mitigation are good, cookie cutter imo is:

Vgr 50
End 20
Vit 30
Str 24
Dex 40
Adp 26

Knight

If you really like status effects go for 49 dex. 100 or 105 agility makes no difference. 100 v 110 is item usage mostly. Sure 110 is better but for a build like this the cost is too high.

You can never combo over 20 end. Max dmg for PS combo is around 1700 without redtearstone or flynn´s. If you pump end to 34, you can occasionally hit once more. I advice leaving 34 end to flynn´s builds.

Ugly cookie cutter setup:

Mon cloth, Jester, Havel, Havel

Warped - Puzzle
Spotted whips
Dagger - buckler

All the numbers are in favour but I can´t so I play soldier instead of life.

Vel helm,Drakeblood ,havel,drakeblood

85% of losses are based on dagger vacstabs, 30% of those ohko. Maybe one day I learn something.

I like the weapon setup cause its based on aggro yet you can play passive aggressive if needed/mood.

Poison via whips and you should deal the blow that poison from close range so that you can swap to main setup PS and the threath is often enough and host can´t/won´t use moss. It doesen´t matter if an opponent is lv 200 or 500, you need to time your attack once for PS combo and the poison will finish.

You can start with main PS setup and use whips as a backup or not at all.

Buck is cool, dagger to make 800 riposte dmg in random pvp :D
Jumilaattori

Postby Jumilaattori » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:00 am

Yesterdays PvP was good but I had to do humble and put on jester´s robes haha. Had a fight where the opponent was getting trashed and then he started vacstab fishing with a dagger. I´m wiping the floor with him and he has like 60 HP left, when I get sloppy and try to seal the match, vacstab and I´m at 60 HP too.

And the heroes that swap to dagger and try a vacstab as soon as they losing the match. Losing to a single vacstab is not worth the loading screens imo. Better to win and stay in the world.

Lowest amount of souls was 10k yesterday. I didn´t play much, was jumped and lost my fair share yet I went from 270k to 590k.

Random PvP can´t be competitive before they fix the SM issue. This community clearly needs SL reqs like 10-20 levels.
Jumilaattori

Postby mmghouse » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:02 pm

Jumilaattori wrote:cookie cutter imo is:

Vgr 50
End 20
Vit 30
Str 24
Dex 40
Adp 26

Knight

Why not Bandit?
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby Jumilaattori » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:28 am

I dislike bandit´s stats like 1 int and low adp and that whole starting set looks gay :D
Jumilaattori

Postby mmghouse » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:17 am

Unless they fix the SM issue so that SLs matter, I guess these are valid points. :)
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby Clarkie13D » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:01 am

Jumilaattori wrote:In general, like I said CB 2H. If you want a competitive build then dark CB with resonant weapon 2H only. Flynn´s blades, life/stamina or whatever you prefer. 10 vit almost base reqs for cb 17-20 int/fth with king´s crown.

But Res Wep without a Faith stat investment lasts like, 10 secs?
I should be workin.....
Clarkie13D

PSN Name: Clarkie13b & Oolan

Postby Jumilaattori » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:54 am

mmghouse wrote:Unless they fix the SM issue so that SLs matter, I guess these are valid points. :)
Yesterday I fought a red. A familiar world, 2 guys hosting for eachother and summoning reds. He had dagger and light armor. I had PS combo and heavy armor. He did more dmg. It was hard to catch him, I wondered is that 120 agility. He could spam roll and R1 after that, I wondered is that 99 end. After getting owned I wondered do I suck this bad and asked SL? and the answer came 660.

But for 150 v 150 and using Warped PS combo, min maxing. Then 22-23 str whatever warped PS requires and bandit and the bonus points for vitality and you should get a good looking armor setup with life ring instead of soldier.

Clarkie13D wrote:
Jumilaattori wrote:In general, like I said CB 2H. If you want a competitive build then dark CB with resonant weapon 2H only. Flynn´s blades, life/stamina or whatever you prefer. 10 vit almost base reqs for cb 17-20 int/fth with king´s crown.

But Res Wep without a Faith stat investment lasts like, 10 secs?
There´s 20-23 faith.
Jumilaattori

PreviousNext

Return to Character Builds, NPCs and Enemies