BoB Arena Tips

All things related to online play. Co-op, PvP, Online Trading, etc.

BoB Arena Tips

Postby bcgst5 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:37 am

Hello all. I'm not new to the Souls games, but fairly new to PVPing. So I want to go to the Arena, because I feel like doing hundreds of matches will best make me better. Also I feel like its the covenant where you have to "earn it" the most in terms of ranking up.

So my question is, what would be a good "build"/loadout to get started? Also around what level should I get to?
bcgst5

Advertisement

Re: BoB Arena Tips

Postby Slazer » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:48 pm

The arena can be a very random experience. In my experience 50% are very high level and and can be extremely difficult for anything lower than lvl 150 to even stand a chance. I would honestly suggest getting to around lvl 200 ish. Have at least 50 VGR. Thats a decent start, also dont get discouraged because i know it will be tough for a new PVPer.

You will run into people that will try to cheese you with some strategies, and you will also run into very skilled players sometimes. Its a great way to learn about PVP though, i love the arena.
Slazer

PSN Name: Sir-Slazer/Slegan

Postby Vumsy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:15 pm

For arena pvp, you level up as high as you have the patience for, you stick with the weapon you perform the best with, you get the spells and buffs you can use the most effectively, if you pick up a pattern of cheese strategies have rings/items/weapons/spells ready to counter them.

When hexes were popular for instance I always had a shield with 90 dark def for instance, when I saw double spotted whips I had poison remedies ready, etc.

Joining the BoB is like joining the boy scouts, you gotta be prepared for everything.
I'm not trying to seem like the big genius that's always right about the big picture... I just am.
Vumsy

PSN Name: Vumsy

Postby MrHuggles » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:53 pm

There's an area in Demon's Souls? I thought that was only in Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2?
MrHuggles

PSN Name: TheMrHuggles

Postby bcgst5 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:07 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm at level 150 exactly right now running a dex build. I don't use any spells at the moment other I've tried great combustion the two times I landed a back stab. I've been playing all day keeping track off my wins and losses. I got as high as +9 but now I'm back to +1. I've been using the Partizan and I really like using a spear. I feel like if I would learn to be more patient with it, I would be better. Thanks for the replies.
bcgst5

Postby Slazer » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:02 pm

Awesome, one bit of advice i didnt give you was to have one of these shields. Magic shield infused with magic, dark transgressors shield infused with dark and watchers shield infunsed with lightning. That way u can change at the start of a fight depending on the buff they use and always have 100% block to whatever element you need. The rebels great shield will give you 100% to anything you infuse it with and the gyrm greatsheild will give u 100 for fire as well uninfused even. I personally prefer invading or finding red sings to duel, the arena can be a little bit annoying sometimes unless your a very high level, but its really good practice non the less.
Slazer

PSN Name: Sir-Slazer/Slegan

Postby plaintomato » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:11 am

Vumsy wrote:For arena pvp, you level up as high as you have the patience for...

The SOTFS arena seems, to me, to have better matchmaking than it did before. I've been playing it with a few characters between 600,000 and 60,000,000 SM and I rarely run into anybody who doesn't seem reasonably matched to me. I'm thinking this old wisdom doesn't apply like it used to. I go to the Bridge for chaos and leveling up, and to the Arena when I want to be AFK between duels or I want to maintain SM w/o wearing agape. Matchmaking seems pretty good. I'm seeing very few full Havel Twinblade types. I'm liking it.

Best tip is to spend your souls wisely and level efficiently if you want to cap at a certain Soul Level. If you don't want to cap at certain SL, still build efficiently until you are set up, then you can spend whatever on whatever after that. That helps avoid pitting your half-geared SL150 against SL800's. It's harder to learn anything when you're just getting raped by people twice your level. Play smart so that you get match-ups that match.
plaintomato

Postby bcgst5 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:05 am

So its been almost a month of Arena fighting (on and off due to work) I am having a blast. I'm about 20 (positive) wins away from Rank 2. I started with spears, straightswords, katanas, etc. I guess the normal easy weapons to use. I am now in love with the Ivory King UGS. I think maybe I need to ditch the Flynns ring and go for vit and heavy armor for this weapon.

Either way, even this late in the game's cycle, I am in love with PVP. I wish I would have started sooner. Thanks to all on this board. Praise the sun.
bcgst5

Return to Online