Hints & tips

Hints & tips

Postby Kratos117 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:23 am

1) save your soul items (great hero, brave warrior) for mass leveling. To this effect, kill everything once, then kill it 14 more times. This will net you souls, items, equips, things like that. 2) Don't jump, run, or roll anywhere. Save your stamina, it's there for a reason. 3) kill the last giant ASAP for the regen ring, it helps. 4) use your web resources, like wikidot, YouTube, and even google. Need to know how to smite the lion jerks in shaded woods? Wikidot is your friend. 5) try different builds and mess with them a little. What works for someone might not work now, but that's what the soul vessels are for, to tweak it as necessary. 6) keep your shield up. Even if it only blocks 60% physical damage, that's better than nothing, and that's damage that's not reaching you. 7) don't be afraid to be sneaky and underhanded to progess through an area. Poison & toxic mist and even dark fog can be incredibly helpful. 8) learn homeward miracle as soon as possible. It helps in farming and wipeout runs. 9) learn what works. Enemies not aware and you know their hp? Use a bow. For instance, on the wikidot for dark souls 2, it states the covetous demon is weak to thrust swords. If you detoured a little and got the soul vessel from the majula mansion and the Ricard's rapier from huntsman copse, you could kill it in about 2-3 hits of R2/right trigger with your endurance at 20. It's that easy. 10) don't underestimate a near dead foe. It WILL prove deadly to you. 11) if you want the numbers crunched for a build and you want to know what to use for a certain soul level like say 120/150, let me know in a reply. That's all for now. I'll probably update this if I think of anything else.
Kratos117

Advertisement

Re: Hints & tips

Postby chefchucko » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:49 am

"Don't jump, run, or roll anywhere" I'm sorry, but this made me laugh.

This is a tip: on the wikidot for dark souls 2, it states the covetous demon is weak to thrust swords. If you detoured a little and got the soul vessel from the majula mansion and the Ricard's rapier from huntsman copse, you could kill it in about 2-3 hits of R2/right trigger with your endurance at 20......
But frankly the Covetous Demon is weak. Period. You don't need to respec your character just to beat him.

Save your soul items (great hero, brave warrior) for mass leveling.... No, save your soul items for the one time you go to the bathroom, get invaded and get all your stuff broken by acid cloud and/or corrosive urns, and you lose your souls at the same time.

I don't know man, I get what your trying to do, and it's nice. But I, and a lot of people play very different styles where these tips are going to screw someone up.

My tips would read more like, run past everything, kill boss, eat soul, level endurance (to 20 max until very late game) and either STR or DEX to 40, then worry about leveling HP. Forget magic of any kind. Forget shields, waste of weight. Dual wield rapier or mace to kill bosses fast. Once you hit around level 80-90 and have killed a few bosses, then think about respec into what you want.
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right. ~Isaac Asimov
chefchucko

PSN Name: chefchucko

Postby Kratos117 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:19 pm

First off, these are my opinions.

Second, the part about jumping, rolling or rushing anywhere being hilarious, thats pretty stupid. You obviously have never died in dark souls 2 from running off a cliff/straight into an ambush/traps that could be avoided by taking your time.

Third, I personally see your review as a basic trolling. If you really didn't like what I had to say, there is a back button for you to use.

Fourth and finally, MY opinions, not yours-mine, are the ones that started this topic that I've posted. These are tips and tricks that have helped me. If they don't work for you, great. Go find something else to complain about. However, if they do work for you or someone else, thats even better.

So in other words, leave if you don't like what is said/written here. No one is forcing you to stay and read this.
Kratos117

Postby Lea » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:30 pm

This is an internet forum. Input will be given on ideas and opinions without specific consent of the original poster, this is not trolling. I'll be monitoring, peace and love.
Lea

Postby Kratos117 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:25 pm

To the moderator: my sincere apologies. I did not mean to draw your attention like this. I merely stated that he had the option of leaving the topic thread, but instead chose to criticize almost every part. I will refrain from referring to something like this as 'trolling' from now on.
Kratos117

Postby Lea » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:49 pm

Kratos117 wrote:To the moderator: my sincere apologies. I did not mean to draw your attention like this. I merely stated that he had the option of leaving the topic thread, but instead chose to criticize almost every part. I will refrain from referring to something like this as 'trolling' from now on.

No worries ;)

As for the original post, i feel it was aimed at first time players. DKS2 is full of traps and the cautious approach is probably best, however, I've always found rolling to be the best tactic in most scenarios. With sufficiently high enough agility merely mashing the roll button becomes a valid tactic.
Lea

Postby Kratos117 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:58 pm

Thank you for understanding what I was trying to say. Also, rolling sometimes doesn't help, such as with The Rotten, whose hitbox is large yet predictable so strafing and a good shield work best in that type of situation. That's all.
Kratos117

Return to Dark Souls 2 Discussion