Company of Champions farming.

Company of Champions farming.

Postby Quietus1 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:49 pm

Having exhausted the shrine of armana spawns for twinkling titanite farming, and having come across the information that while in the Company of Champions covenant enemies respawn infinitely, it occurs to me that I could (in theory) join that covenant, farm till I drop, then leave it.

This game having induced a healthy degree of paranoia at this point, is there any downside to doing so (aside from the enemies doing more damage etc)? Does it have some sort of permanent effect on the game?

I've seen tons of guides suggesting using bonfire aestetics to farm things, and never seen one suggest this, so i'm leery...

Re: Company of Champions farming.

Postby Tsmp » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:40 am

Joining the Company of Champions does not permanently make the game more difficult. Enemy Hp and Damage goes back to normal when you leave the covenant.

If you have a surplus of ascetics, probably the best way to farm twinkling titanites (and dragon bones) is to burn one in Shulva's Tower of Prayer bonfire, jump down and run to the area where you get the puzzling stone sword, loot the chest, then warp back and repeat. Note that you have to kill Elana before you can do this.
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:

Postby Quietus1 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:38 am

Thank you for the reply and the advice.

Postby Alois_Blucher » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:03 pm

Personally, after I discovered CoC farming I've only used Bonfire Aesthetics to access NG+ Lost Sinner on my first game for the Old Witch Soul and Chaos Blade. (And I can't believe I've been avoiding her in all my playthroughs until now, just because she was optional and supposedly very difficult and the small fact getting to her is a pain. She is SO easy! On the other hand, Demon of Song who they say is easy gave me a hard time. So to be fair I'll just say it depends on your build. My fire Uchigatana melted her quick both times though)

CoC farming was perfect for the Iron Keep where the Alonne Samurai and their Captains yielded a total of 20,000 souls per round--not unlike the flying things in the last part of Shrine of Storms where the Storm King flew around.

It really made grinding for souls easy-peasy. 8-)
Life is but a dream within a dream Image
PSN Name: AloisWalken

Return to Dark Souls 2 Discussion