Scholar of the First Sin: Patch Details (spoilers)

Re: Scholar of the First Sin: Patch Details (spoilers)

Postby chefchucko » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:58 am

If a game is good, you will buy it on more than one platform. DkS 1, I had on my PS3 before it died. Most of my IRL friends had Xbox360s, and bugged me to play NHL and other games with them....so I made the switch, and gladly bought DkS 1 again, first game I bought actually, followed by NHL 12 or 13 or whatever it was at the time.
I had lots of friends I liked on PS3 that played DkS and DeS, and I can't wait till I get my PS4 for Bloodborne....not getting the xbox again, I miss PS....but still DkS 2 for all it's flaws, is still a good game.... if you stop trying to make it what you want it to be, and appreciate it for what it is.

I wanted it to be better...and gave up on it for a bit, But playing Dragon Age, and Far Cry, and other stuff just makes me appreciate what it was, and now I'm back at it again.

I came back for the first sin update, and have liked the little surprises I've found so far.
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right. ~Isaac Asimov
chefchucko

PSN Name: chefchucko

Advertisement

Postby Kiev892000 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:31 pm

So I guess it's time to make new low SM toon . Invasions was always a big part of " Souls " games . Let's see what changes DkS2 has now .
Kiev892000

Postby Cam » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:53 am

Jumilaattori wrote:
Cam wrote:That seems arbitrary. Care to explain why low to mid level invaders in particular have no practical use for effective rings?

A) Your opponents will be wearing blades+0,stamina+0,regen ring is it like 2hp every 3s? life or life+1 etc.
B) Endgame rings make a marginal difference in low/mid lv thus they are not needed
C) To spell it out for you your opponents do not have access to these rings

Cam wrote:Most people do twink. Why not?
Yea, everyone needs to be from the same mold. An unknown asshole twinks so Cam must twink too..

Cam wrote:Yeah. Or 15%+HP, 7.5%+ HP, Stamina and Equip, or 50+ AR. Little stuff like that.
Hosts do not have access to these rings. Rare are those that even bother to run to get 2nd dragon. Why wouldn´t you use it too then? No1 has blades+2 at low/mid lv, they got just plain blades or are not using it. Little stuff like that.

Once again: Nub git gud :P

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't report your behavior for disrupting the topic of the thread, and flaming?
If you hadn't noticed, the direction of the topic has gone back in a relevant direction. If you're desperate for my attention, PM me. Otherwise, drop it.
Asher wrote:I've got a sword and board warrior going so its up close an personal with their fat faces
Cam

PSN Name: slabofiron

Postby Jumilaattori » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:53 am

A few things:

A) If you want to squeal, squeal. I knew you´re a squealer.
B) I answered to your questions. It was on topic.
C) Above post, your post is offtopic.
D) If you can´t handle the heat, get out of the kitchen

Jumilaattori was warned for Abuse / Harassment by "Juli"
  You have been issued a warning for abusive behavior. This is a violation of <a href="http://forums.demonssouls.info/rules.php#rule1b">Rule 1b</a>.

Hated by most Loved by few Respected by all
Jumilaattori

Postby Anorack » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:53 pm

The Agape Ring is just far too little, and much too late. I know they can't just redo an entire game mechanic like Soul Memory to make it go back to being Soul Level. All we can hope for is that they learned their lesson and will go back to Soul Level matchmaking in any future titles.
“Be wary of strong drink, it can make you shoot at the tax collector...and miss.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
Anorack

Postby Kokurokoki » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:53 pm

Anorack wrote:The Agape Ring is just far too little, and much too late. I know they can't just redo an entire game mechanic like Soul Memory to make it go back to being Soul Level. All we can hope for is that they learned their lesson and will go back to Soul Level matchmaking in any future titles.

I agree. The whole soul memory thing was really stupid... like crazy stupid....

Co-op is so dead with that system in place.
Kokurokoki

Postby BertoSan » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:37 pm

Kokurokoki wrote:
Anorack wrote:The Agape Ring is just far too little, and much too late. I know they can't just redo an entire game mechanic like Soul Memory to make it go back to being Soul Level. All we can hope for is that they learned their lesson and will go back to Soul Level matchmaking in any future titles.

100% untrue to say that Co-Op is dead with Soul Memory in place......

I have never once had an issue, at any Soul Memory, finding someone to Co-Op with. Especially now that the game highlights areas with the most activity in your soul memory range...

Having said that:

The agape ring was a quick fix to those who hate the Soul Memory mechanic but it also means that you can't earn souls for restocking your items etc..so I think it was a silly addition all around.
<IRC User> I wonder how long you'll last in this community Berto.
<IRC User> Probably not for long.

[13:02] <@IRC User> I've pretty much been trained to expect somebody to be kicked when berto says "..."
BertoSan
Sir Warns-A-Lot
Sir Warns-A-Lot

Postby HazelrahFiver » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:55 am

BertoSan wrote:
Kokurokoki wrote:

I have never once had an issue, at any Soul Memory, finding someone to Co-Op with. Especially now that the game highlights areas with the most activity in your soul memory range...

Having said that:

The agape ring was a quick fix to those who hate the Soul Memory mechanic but it also means that you can't earn souls for restocking your items etc..so I think it was a silly addition all around.

It's true to some degree. Before I stopped playing in... September or October? I can barely remember what month now, because I've been so busy. Anyway, before I stopped, I had all kinds of trouble finding co-op or people to invade at many different tiers. I'm still looking forward to SotfS to hopefully revitalize the game, if but for a short while.
DkS Lore and PvP: http://www.youtube.com/user/HazelrahFirefly/videos

Saturday-Saint wrote:Demon's Souls, Spiritual Successor Hydra. Slay one franchise, and two spawn in its place.
HazelrahFiver

PSN Name: HazelrahFiver

Postby Kokurokoki » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:53 am

BertoSan wrote:
Kokurokoki wrote:

Having said that:

Maybe I'm just playing at the wrong times of the day, but I haven't been able to find anyone to co-op with. Many times I just sit around for a good hour or so waiting to get summoned. It was different compared to awhile back where I would get constantly summoned for bosses like the Fume Knight. Even with the game highlighting areas... :(
Kokurokoki

Previous

Return to Dark Souls 2 Discussion