Mundane OP??

Mundane OP??

Postby QwertyBoredom122 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:45 am

Just a question on opinion, I know and understand that it is a niche build type and only a select few weapon are actually any good on this upgrade path but im sure by this point everyone has been on the receiving end of dual Avelyns or a dagger BS so I'm just curious on what everyone's opinion is.
QwertyBoredom122

PSN Name: QwertyBoredom122

Advertisement

Re: Mundane OP??

Postby plaintomato » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:10 am

Speaking from the POV of SL150 mundane - I don't think so. Your stats are spread so thin that you can't really gouge anything, yet you can get enough to be reasonably effective at a lot of things, and for the most part the weapon damage is in line with everything else. It's a pretty fun build. It's kind of the new Quality build, sort of super-Q with magic access and everything, since Q builds seem relatively weak in the scheme of things. I think it's nice that such a build as Mundane is completely viable and competitive now. Artorias/Mundane type builds used to be spread thin and weak, imo now that's Q's.

Avelyn is nice but not the unbeatable cheapness people make it out to be, I think it just got that reputation from people neglecting ADP/agility as an "useless stat" with the end result being they can't dodge avelyn. I shot a guy one time, literally one shot with a single off-hand Avelyn on a Mastadon GS build, he rolled through the shot, killed me, and then messaged me about how I was cheap for using the OP Avelyn. I was so confused.
plaintomato

Postby CptCosmic » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:38 am

plaintomato wrote:Speaking from the POV of SL150 mundane - I don't think so. Your stats are spread so thin that you can't really gouge anything

well at SL150 you can get 40 Vig, 20 in everything else (soft cap) and still have a few points left for e.g. santiers spear. if you wear stat boosting armor you can get even more VIG and still keep 20 in everything else.

btw mundane dagger backstabs/ripostes are insane.
CptCosmic

Postby QwertyBoredom122 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:29 pm

CptCosmic wrote:
plaintomato wrote:Speaking from the POV of SL150 mundane - I don't think so. Your stats are spread so thin that you can't really gouge anything

well at SL150 you can get 40 Vig, 20 in everything else (soft cap) and still have a few points left for e.g. santiers spear. if you wear stat boosting armor you can get even more VIG and still keep 20 in everything else.

btw mundane dagger backstabs/ripostes are insane.

True I ran the Mugen you can get 43 VIG with 20 in everything else which basically makes Mundane builds the new Elemental Vit gouge build but it can use Faith, Int and Hex buffs on top of having Hornet style BS and reposte, I mean you can make a mail breaker of all things a good weapon with this sort of build.
QwertyBoredom122

PSN Name: QwertyBoredom122

Return to Dark Souls 2 Discussion