bug in the area "pharros doors"

bug in the area "pharros doors"

Postby mortimoe » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:02 pm

Hi,

In the whole area behind the bonfire, starting with this huge room with several doors you need a lockstone to open, all the enemies dont move or react to me in any way... neither can i target them, nor can i inflict any damage. I could explore the area anyway, but it would feel like cheating to me and takes the fun out of it.
Enemies in other areas behave normally.

Does somebody know how to fix this?
Of course i allready tried to restart the game and nothing changed.
mortimoe

Advertisement

Re: bug in the area "pharros doors"

Postby fbodieslive » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:08 pm

Are you in the rat covenant. If so thats probably why.
fbodieslive

PSN Name: fbodieslive (alt) ws6demon

Postby H_Pilgrim » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:33 pm

The rat covenant is the only reason why. I did the same thing on my first play through. I wish the game would do just a slightly better job explaining how the covenants work in game.

Similar thing happened to me with the covenant of champions. I found it immediately and joined it not knowing what it did. I could deal with the difficulty(I didn't know better), but I thought my game was glitched when I couldn't find any summon signs, including the NPC's I had seen other people playing summon.

Frankly without the internet I don't know if I would have ever put the pieces together about what that covenant did.
H_Pilgrim

PSN Name: H_Pilgrim

Postby mortimoe » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:55 pm

allright, thanks for the quik reply, guys. btw,Is this a bug or is it on purpose?
mortimoe

Postby H_Pilgrim » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:01 pm

It is not a bug. It is one of the two areas that "belong" to the rat covenant. If you wear your ring there, you summon another person to your world as a gray invader. Then you and the npcs try to kill that person before they kill you. Basically as long as you are in the rat covenant, those npcs are on your team.
H_Pilgrim

PSN Name: H_Pilgrim

Postby MMDE » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:02 pm

I remember I was summoned twice to one of the bosses in Iron Keep by the same person, and both times they died rather quickly. I sent them a pm and told them to get a Gyrm's Shield, so they at least could take a hit without dying. They replied to me and said Pharros Doors had bugged out for them. I didn't really care all that much, but I guess this was what he referred to.
MMDE

PSN Name: MMDE

Postby mortimoe » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:12 pm

would be nice if those NPCs could at least say something like:" Hi there, we are on team rat, too!" the way it is now, it just feels broken as long as you dont know about it.
mortimoe

Postby cruzadel » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:04 pm

I was in the rat covenant before I went to doors of Pharros, but I was in the blood covenant when I went there and those enemies are not moving. After I killed the rat authority, the rat king admonished me then the enemies became normal again.
DkS Characters: Male Knight, SL: 18; Male Sorcerer, SL:10

cruzadel

PSN Name: cruzadel

Postby QwertyBoredom122 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:54 pm

H_Pilgrim wrote:The rat covenant is the only reason why. I did the same thing on my first play through. I wish the game would do just a slightly better job explaining how the covenants work in game.

Similar thing happened to me with the covenant of champions. I found it immediately and joined it not knowing what it did. I could deal with the difficulty(I didn't know better), but I thought my game was glitched when I couldn't find any summon signs, including the NPC's I had seen other people playing summon.

Frankly without the internet I don't know if I would have ever put the pieces together about what that covenant did.

Just to point out the covenant of champions does specifically ask you if you wish to travel arduous path, it also asks you about 3-5 time if you really want to join.
QwertyBoredom122

PSN Name: QwertyBoredom122

Return to Dark Souls 2 Discussion