Talked to a mega mule troll yesterday

Talked to a mega mule troll yesterday

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:39 am

Id like to start out by saying this isnt a whining thread and im not looking for flames. Just a little discussion on the pros or cons of the mega mule and its role in the community.

So yesterday i started yet another new character bringing it up to 7 now! I was in forest of lost giants (havent levelled up at all yet cleric starting class) and i got a message off a friend on these forums (looking at you clarkie, ancient dragon) as i was typingout a response i spotted i had just got invaded. As i was copying the text so i didnt lose it all i see him jump down from height in the back ground R2 the MLGS he had nearly OHKOing me and then hit me with forbidden sun. Obviuosly my toon just crumpled on the floor just as i was closing the message down.

I calmly messaged clarkie back giving my advice and opened up a new message to my would be troller. Im not at my computer at the moment so i will have to paraphrase.

Me: i was afk typing a message but i still saw everything. Your a mega mule scrub who has to invade new players because you cannot compete at the sociable soul level of 125 - 150. Rather you have to get your jolly's off by invading under levelled under powered noobs who dont stand a chance in hell against you. Congratulations you beat the game and seone who wasnt / couldnt / wouldnt be able to put up a fight. Bravo.

Him: well pissed you off dint i?

Me: no not really. As i said i was afk added to the fact that i know you are over levelled and over powered i wouldnt have been able to stand a chance against you. So no you didnt piss me off, i could let you invade me all day everyday and it wouldnt bother me because i know you had to cheat to be able to invade me with the gear you have and the sl that you are. I do however feel sorry for all the new people you are invading and turning away from the game. Just because you cant play legit doesnt mean you have to ruin other peoples fun

Him: dude chill im doing it for a laugh. I can and do play legit.

Me: its people like you who ruin the game. Your invading people sevearlly underlevelled who dont stand a chance. The game has been out what a month? Your using a mega mule to invade new players who more than likely have only had the game for 1 day with a fully kitted out build. The mega mule. Yes we had glitches and dupes in DeS which i did plenty of myself however only after the game was established. DkS mega mule. I never used it but i didnt have an issue with it as it only came out 2 years after the game so again it was already established. DkS2 mega mule. What its been two weeks since its release and already people like you are invading completely new players putting them off the game for good. How do you expect a decent community to be established when you have people like you invading new players for a "laugh". Dont you see your ruining the game?? Whats your sl btw?

Him: yea i suppose you have a point i didnt think of it like that - i just like pretending to be a box and scaring people. Sl150

Me: dont get me wrong i enjoy me a bit of trolling myself but this early in the game its bad news when your doing it with a mega mule. Its more rewarding invading at a higher level with more of a chance. I used to invade at the sunbro statue at sl1 when i got to NG+. Id drop a humanity and a indictment and hide as a barrel and pick off their summons one at a time until they got scared and try to run the map or just stay still. It was fun but it was fair because i wasnt over levelled and i used starting gear. Anyway im too high for this animosity so peace. Just think about the community we want to build. Im off to the GF's.

And thats where i left it. Im interested to find out if he messages me back but i think i got my point across. I guess a lot of you havent run into low level invaders as i know most of you are just running the one or two toons that are in NG+ or more however pretty much every new toon i have started or used for co-op at low levels have been invaded pretty consistently by over powered over levelled characters. I do strongly feel that the megamule is way to early in the games life. Yes i understand the benifits of using it for testing but with the ability to invade new players forcing them to either struggle to get through an area being made 100 times more difficult than the dev's intended / play offline or not at all is not good so early in the games life.
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCTQGmv3U5t3U93ynh6UHSTQ
M3mnoch_1987

PSN Name: Main: M3mn0ch_1987 - Alt: YourUglyGranny - Alt2: MemIsAno0B

Advertisement

Re: Talked to a mega mule troll yesterday

Postby CptCosmic » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:32 am

mega mule is for people with small genitals and no skill.

there is absolutely no legit reason to use the megamule, leveling up is easy, you can get everything you want easily (esp. because you can look up the info where to find something at the wiki) and there is the soul vessel.
CptCosmic

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:07 am

I personally wouldnt use it and didnt in DkS but this is because i enjoy working for my gear and making the builds from ground up. That being said i do not hold it against the people that did and do use it for PvP builds. There are people who really want to PvP but dont have the time to make a build from scratch over and over again so in organised PvP once a game has been established i can understand. But two weeks after the game has been released and people are still figuring out the mechanics its disheartening.

I agree with your points about the soul vessel whole heartedly. They wouldnt have put them in if they didnt want us to reroll our characters and experiment with them.

I can even understand the use of it for testing certain things out like mechanics and testing purposes just not invading at low levels. Its like i said on the GTA5 forums about the modders and glitchers - why cant people just play the game like it was supposed to be instead of constantly trying to break it.
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCTQGmv3U5t3U93ynh6UHSTQ
M3mnoch_1987

PSN Name: Main: M3mn0ch_1987 - Alt: YourUglyGranny - Alt2: MemIsAno0B

Postby Thaumogenesis » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:28 am

Well, i think MM has a point. There is gear in this game that's simply hellish to farm - yes I'm looking at you Samurai Sorcerer and Catarina Phantom!

Personally, i enjoy PVE even more than PVP so it's not a biggie to get the stuff i want. However, as it stands, Dks2 makes creating new toons much more time consuming than it was in Dks1. It'll get easier sure, but if you want a character that has 2 or even 3 casts of Wrath of God, you're in for quite some work, before you can actually use the thing you want to try. That said, i would probably use the MM for trying things and if I like a certain build, i'd go do it the legit way. Similar to trying Builds in Single Player Diablo2 before trying to build in the Battle.net

Invading Lowbies with fully geared characters is somewhat stupid though and i wonder, how this can work when there is SM?
Thaumogenesis

Postby Eruantien » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:12 am

Thaumogenesis wrote:Well, i think MM has a point. There is gear in this game that's simply hellish to farm - yes I'm looking at you Samurai Sorcerer and Catarina Phantom!

Personally, i enjoy PVE even more than PVP so it's not a biggie to get the stuff i want. However, as it stands, Dks2 makes creating new toons much more time consuming than it was in Dks1. It'll get easier sure, but if you want a character that has 2 or even 3 casts of Wrath of God, you're in for quite some work, before you can actually use the thing you want to try. That said, i would probably use the MM for trying things and if I like a certain build, i'd go do it the legit way. Similar to trying Builds in Single Player Diablo2 before trying to build in the Battle.net

Invading Lowbies with fully geared characters is somewhat stupid though and i wonder, how this can work when there is SM?

Well as far as invading low level players and it's relation to SM, IllusoryWall did a really good test of how it works. IllusoryWall's Soul Memory Discussion

And anecdotally, I was invaded by someone in full Butterfly Gear in my NG when my soul level was 75. So it's obvious that SM is broken in some way, shape, or form unfortunately.
Eruantien

PSN Name: Sudodev

Postby Tsmp » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:51 am

Thaumogenesis wrote:Well, i think MM has a point. There is gear in this game that's simply hellish to farm - yes I'm looking at you Samurai Sorcerer and Catarina Phantom!

Supposedly, the mega mule has a soul memory of 0. I haven't checked for myself, though; I tried using the mega mule in the previous game to make pvp characters faster and just found it... boring, somehow. Even though it was more convenient.

Eruantien wrote:

Well as far as invading low level players and it's relation to SM, IllusoryWall did a really good test of how it works. IllusoryWall's Soul Memory Discussion

And anecdotally, I was invaded by someone in full Butterfly Gear in my NG when my soul level was 75. So it's obvious that SM is broken in some way, shape, or form unfortunately.

It's actually entirely possible to get the butterfly gear in NG if you burn one or two bonfire ascetics in the Majula Far Fire. The second bonfire ascetic is to get the hat.
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19416

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19381

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19345&p=185263#p185263

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19608
Tsmp

PSN Name: TSMP1

Postby Eruantien » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:56 am

That's true, I keep forgetting about being able to burn ascetics to access new merchant stock. Out of curiosity, can you do that to get NG+ Boss Souls as well? (i.e. Pale Drake Soul) The person had a MLGS and that would explain it. Getting boss souls seemed a little wonky with Ascetics, I had to burn twice when I was farming at Heide's before I got another Dragonrider Soul.
Eruantien

PSN Name: Sudodev

Postby Jumilaattori » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:03 am

Bamco is about to start banning megamule users and everyone who has hacked/modded save file. There was an article on their support site. It was posted all over gamefaqs.
Hated by most Loved by few Respected by all
Jumilaattori

Postby spacehamster » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:11 am

Jumilaattori wrote:Bamco is about to start banning megamule users and everyone who has hacked/modded save file. There was an article on their support site. It was posted all over gamefaqs.

Good. All I'm getting from that conversation M3nnoch posted is the usual - cheaters don't think it's bad to cheat, that's why they do it.

I could sort of understand it in DkS on the PC if people used CE to just give themselves whatever amount of souls they needed to get to 125, instantly have the build they wanted to try and then ran through the game to get the gear they needed. That doesn't really seem like cheating as it puts you on an equal footing with potential PVP opponents, it's just a faster way to try out different builds. But now there are Soul Vessels, and matchmaking is done via soul memory, so that's all out the window.

As for the Mad Warrior set and the like, the whole point is that it's hard to get. I don't necessarily mind people cheating to get the ultra-rare gear because they want to see what it looks like, but to me that completely defeats the purpose of playing the game. Might as well just watch the end credits on Youtube and not bother at all.
PSN, XBL, GFWL, Steam - spacehamsterZH
spacehamster

PSN Name: spacehamsterZH

Postby Thaumogenesis » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:15 am

spacehamster wrote:As for the Mad Warrior set and the like, the whole point is that it's hard to get. I don't necessarily mind people cheating to get the ultra-rare gear because they want to see what it looks like, but to me that completely defeats the purpose of playing the game. Might as well just watch the end credits on Youtube and not bother at all.

Sort of, but then again, this is Dark Souls not Diablo, where the core of the game is about finding things. I don't expect to get the gear on my first playthrough but if you want to make a character with specific stuff, you should not need to burn Ascetics all the way up to 7 just to get another shot at the guy whos has ultra low drop rates on something that should be available for everyone.

These sets aren't even any good compared to whats out there.
Thaumogenesis

Postby H_Pilgrim » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:29 am

Thaumogenesis wrote:
Sort of, but then again, this is Dark Souls not Diablo, where the core of the game is about finding things. I don't expect to get the gear on my first playthrough but if you want to make a character with specific stuff, you should not need to burn Ascetics all the way up to 7 just to get another shot at the guy whos has ultra low drop rates on something that should be available for everyone.

These sets aren't even any good compared to whats out there.

That's the point, so the MM for gear is a pointless argument. You can also get unlimited upgrade mats by the end of NG. The reason it is unacceptable is because you get everything for none of the work. It eliminates the entire reward system.

For example WOTG. You have to either get like 1000 pvp kills or get through 3/4 of NG++, neither of which are minor tasks.

People who say it's good for pvp are really just saying "I want to have the best character without having to do any of the work."

This is an RPG not a fighting game. If you just want to have a maxed out character with no effort then the "Soul" game you should play is Soul Calibur.
H_Pilgrim

PSN Name: H_Pilgrim

Postby Tsmp » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:42 am

Eruantien wrote:That's true, I keep forgetting about being able to burn ascetics to access new merchant stock. Out of curiosity, can you do that to get NG+ Boss Souls as well? (i.e. Pale Drake Soul) The person had a MLGS and that would explain it. Getting boss souls seemed a little wonky with Ascetics, I had to burn twice when I was farming at Heide's before I got another Dragonrider Soul.

Yes, you can do that to get the Old Lord souls. It'll also spawn NG+ loot like Gower's Ring.

There's a link to a post explaining bonfire ascetics in my signature, if you're interested.

Rest in pieces, Manus.

Magic System Guide:

Tsmp

Postby Thaumogenesis » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:44 am

I actually play Soul Calibur, it's a great game. I also prefer Mortal Kombat to Dks when i want something 'competitive'. Furthermore I find the reason you're giving as to why MM is not 'a good thing' pretty laughable.
Thaumogenesis

Postby H_Pilgrim » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:55 am

Thaumogenesis wrote:I actually play Soul Calibur, it's a great game. I also prefer Mortal Kombat to Dks when i want something 'competitive'. Furthermore I find the reason you're giving as to why MM is not 'a good thing' pretty laughable.

I read this somewhere else on the forums, but pretty much what it seems to me is that people in your mindset just want a separate arena for DksII PVP where you can get everything for free from the start. Which basically eliminates/facilitates the MM without making people have to cheat. I actually think this would be cool.

The problem is that as of now, the MM is cheating, and you can't separate the people who want to play the game through the intended effort/reward system and those who want to start with max everything.
H_Pilgrim

PSN Name: H_Pilgrim

Postby rkzhao » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:00 pm

I've stated my opinion on this before, but it pretty much comes down to I don't enjoy farming. It's one of the things i dislike about competitive pvp in any rpg. For me, skill based competition is fun, luck and grinding based competition is boring.

Add on the fact that you also have to farm for arena tokens and yeah, I'm going to use a MM for dueling.

I do consider myself more of a fighting game player now and yes, I do like approaching dueling as if it is a type of fighting game.

As for soul vessel, I come from the older tradition of just making a bunch of new toons for pvp, each with a different build and focus. If i want to switch them around, I can have access to any of them, kind of like selecting different characters in a fighting game. The only way soul vessel can come close to that with a single character is if we had unlimited uses. As it stands, it's just yet another thing that needs to be farmed.

Now as for low level griefing, I find that kind of trolling boring and pointless. Hell I'm keeping my SL well below 150 even in the arena just to provide enough of a handicap for the other players. Steam rolling people isn't fun for me, which is why general invasions isn't really fun for me when there is a dueling arena available. Regardless of whether it's game design or MM that's more at fault, I certainly don't condone low level griefing. However, I've said it before, the whole invasion mechanic is kind of a griefing mechanic to begin with, so everything's somewhat ironic. I get the crying now about MMs with the current mechanic, it more all the mechanic changes (from people crying about griefing in DkS1) that allowed for all this that's the irony.

Ideally I'd prefer if they had some way to limit MM usage for the arena but that's unlikely. So if they ban MM, I wouldn't mind, but with the amount of farming it requires to duel in this game, I will most likely stop playing. Plenty of good fighting games I can go back to.
Demon's Souls Dueling vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/rkzhao
rkzhao

Postby plaintomato » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:10 pm

Jumilaattori wrote:Bamco is about to start banning megamule users and everyone who has hacked/modded save file. There was an article on their support site. It was posted all over gamefaqs.

Nah. They'll be looking at hackers modding damage and stats outside of what is achievable in the game. People with 100k HP and 10k AR Rapiers. Banning people for MM would be nice because it would really settle the issue, but they aren't going to ban the accounts of such a large portion of their user base.

I don't really mind the MM. But I hate that it arrived so quickly. It has already degraded that initial experience of community discovery that has a limited shelf-life even without the MM. And by robbing others of the true souls experience, it cheapens and dilutes the community - which effects you even if you don't use it.

However, I plan to find the MM as soon as I've completed my no-deaths and no-bonfires runs.

I wish there wasn't a MM yet, but there is. The first thing I'll do will be to delete a few of the slots for clean builds. It will be a long time before I actually use MM characters, but eventually I know I will. I did in DkS1. And what I learned from DkS1 was how painful it was to overwrite my legit saves with the MM.

Why would I want all that work I put into my clean builds to be overwritten someday because I finally decide some MM slots are worth it? I'll download soon so that I don't have to overwrite more legit builds later.

My biggest concern is that they need to bring back SL Ranges for NG+. SM is just stupid - in it's current state it breaks everything it was intended to fix.
plaintomato

Postby Thaumogenesis » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:25 pm

H_Pilgrim wrote:I read this somewhere else on the forums, but pretty much what it seems to me is that people in your mindset just want a separate arena for DksII PVP where you can get everything for free from the start.

I would actually really like that. And again:

Thaumogenesis wrote:Personally, i enjoy PVE even more than PVP so it's not a biggie to get the stuff i want. However, as it stands, Dks2 makes creating new toons much more time consuming than it was in Dks1. It'll get easier sure, but if you want a character that has 2 or even 3 casts of Wrath of God, you're in for quite some work, before you can actually use the thing you want to try.

I enjoy playing through the game a handful of times with my first character. I'll also use up all the Vessels i find and hopefully will be happy with the result. But then again, i'm more the guy to make a character for each kind of build and use those Soul Vessels for adjusting small things.

And grinding some 100+ hours through the game, after having spent even more than that (way more) on another character, i feel like i've 'fulfilled my duty' towards PVE when i simply want to try a new toon.

So yes, i would highly appreciate some sort of Add On that creates an Arena kinda thing where everything is available as many times as you want. This would certainly help FROM balance things for PVP as well.

I'm against MM for griefing but I also appreciate it for what it can do.
Thaumogenesis

Postby HazelrahFiver » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:12 pm

The problem with being against the MM in relation to PvP, is the fact of Soul Memory. There are many things in the game (spells, armor, weapons) that can require a massive amount of farming, including burning ascetics or going into NG+#. Even then, you can be just that unlucky and never receive the item. On my main character, I really wanted the axe that those dragon guys drop on the steps toward the Ancient Dragon (I forget it's name). I farmed them out in NG, NG+, and NG+2, and did not get the drop, even with Item-drop gear and Rusted Coins being burned. So I then burned a few ascetics and have STILL not gotten it.

As you can imagine, this has increased my Soul Memory by a large margin, because I had to farm my way to, and around, those guys as well. AND this was just for one little area, and one little weapon. Thankfully, in my case, this character was not a PvP oriented toon. However, I can only imagine the severe frustration to be felt if you need to remain within a certain Soul Memory range to PvP, but are forced to go waaaay out of that range in order to get the gear that you want. It's not a matter of skill combined with Soul Level, as it ****ing should be. Now it is completely based on luck, like co-oping for smooth and silky stones to trade for the Channeler's Trident. A friend of mine has given over 100 stones to those birds and not gotten the weapon he wants. To get these stones he played through the game and was summoned for many bosses. His Soul Memory is all jacked up now.

Hate this game.

What the Mega Mule can fix, for those with the willpower not to abuse it, is the bullcrap, nonsense system that From created to ruin this game.
DkS Lore and PvP: http://www.youtube.com/user/HazelrahFirefly/videos

Saturday-Saint wrote:Demon's Souls, Spiritual Successor Hydra. Slay one franchise, and two spawn in its place.
HazelrahFiver

PSN Name: HazelrahFiver

Postby Tsmp » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:24 pm

HazelrahFiver wrote:The problem with being against the MM in relation to PvP, is the fact of Soul Memory. There are many things in the game (spells, armor, weapons) that can require a massive amount of farming, including burning ascetics or going into NG+#. Even then, you can be just that unlucky and never receive the item. On my main character, I really wanted the axe that those dragon guys drop on the steps toward the Ancient Dragon (I forget it's name). I farmed them out in NG, NG+, and NG+2, and did not get the drop, even with Item-drop gear and Rusted Coins being burned. So I then burned a few ascetics and have STILL not gotten it.

As you can imagine, this has increased my Soul Memory by a large margin, because I had to farm my way to, and around, those guys as well. AND this was just for one little area, and one little weapon. Thankfully, in my case, this character was not a PvP oriented toon. However, I can only imagine the severe frustration to be felt if you need to remain within a certain Soul Memory range to PvP, but are forced to go waaaay out of that range in order to get the gear that you want. It's not a matter of skill combined with Soul Level, as it ****ing should be. Now it is completely based on luck, like co-oping for smooth and silky stones to trade for the Channeler's Trident. A friend of mine has given over 100 stones to those birds and not gotten the weapon he wants. To get these stones he played through the game and was summoned for many bosses. His Soul Memory is all jacked up now.

Hate this game.

What the Mega Mule can fix, for those with the willpower not to abuse it, is the bullcrap, nonsense system that From created to ruin this game.

Soul memory ceases to matter past 15 million, according to this guy's tests.

http://illusorywall.tumblr.com/post/813 ... ow-to-make
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/693331-d ... i/68971957
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Magic System Guide:

Tsmp

Postby HazelrahFiver » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:30 pm

Tsmp wrote:Soul memory ceases to matter past 15 million, according to this guy's tests.

I thank you for informing me, but this is nothing in the way of a solution.
To reach 15 million SM would require a hell of an investment for every character you wish to PvP. Even all my farming on my main character has not gotten me to 15 million. That's far too high a number for neutrality to kick in. Even if does at that point, does the matching then become based on SL, or does it mean that everybody will be fighting everybody?
DkS Lore and PvP: http://www.youtube.com/user/HazelrahFirefly/videos

Saturday-Saint wrote:Demon's Souls, Spiritual Successor Hydra. Slay one franchise, and two spawn in its place.
HazelrahFiver

PSN Name: HazelrahFiver

Postby QwertyBoredom122 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:11 pm

I personally like the benefits of the MM for use in duels and fightclubs and I see no problems with its use with that intention, but I cannot condone the use of MM toons to invade low level players, this was bad enough in DkS1 when SL still mattered but with SM screwing everything up and allowing high level toon to invade low level ones its a completely new level of screwed up.

it results in shit like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luXTnkYTM4o

Now I feel I have to be honest here I have actually used the MM on an alt account to run practical PvP tests on builds which I am then making on my main account however I have yet to take a single build made with the MM outside of the Arenas specifically so they do not interfere with peoples "legit" games.
QwertyBoredom122

PSN Name: QwertyBoredom122

Postby Jumilaattori » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:11 pm

What I dislike most is people using support spells that their build has no business using. Just pick a spell and spices from the mule and then go PvP.

Ok you could farm those spices but how many would, very few I think. They would just build differently.

That is beyond lame.
Hated by most Loved by few Respected by all
Jumilaattori

Postby plaintomato » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:31 pm

Yeah, spicing is as bad of an idea as SM. If they really wanted to implement spicing, they should have only allowed you to spice a spell 10 levels, not spice it all the way down to a 10 requirement.
plaintomato

Postby rkzhao » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:11 pm

plaintomato wrote:Yeah, spicing is as bad of an idea as SM. If they really wanted to implement spicing, they should have only allowed you to spice a spell 10 levels, not spice it all the way down to a 10 requirement.

I remember when I first saw the stat reqs for spells, I was like "oh that looks interesting, the stats are sufficiently high to have specialized builds for spell choices. Could help certain spells be more balanced"

then I found out about spices.....

I've been dueling without buffs partly as another handicap and partly just because I don't feel like bothering with buffing, so it's funny when I meet someone in the arena that spends all that time stacking up every buff they can and I have to stand around waiting for them to "get ready"
rkzhao

Postby edgemaster » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:05 pm

I use MM, but its not to invade low level people. I usually make a 150 build, stop then PVP in that range. Lots of other people are doing the same. As things currently stand its the only way to PVP with other people your range, otherwise you risk getting matched up with people 100+ levels above you just because you accumulated more souls than you need.

I'm not abusing the hell out of spices either. If I want a weapon buff on a build without stats to use the others, then I'll use flame weapon, which only has attunement req. On my FTH/STR build I dropped Sunlight Spear from 55 down to 50 with spices. Also I don't even bother using spells like WOTG - they make fights no fun, the spell is way too OP. I'd feel like I was cheating even using WOTG, even if I obtained it legit.

Almost everyone used the stockpile thomas in Demon's Souls, and even before that was known, people were farming CDS via an invasion glitch that made the demon respawn. And people backing up their saves and duping items was also common prior to the stockpile thomas glitch. And abusing the BB glitch in Dark Souls was also common. Most of the top PVPers took advantage of it because they've probably gotten to the level that the PVE game is boring for them anyway.

The PVE game is already boring for me. I took a bare naked character, no armor, weapons, and bare fists and rocked the smelter demon without getting hit once. I did it on NG+ smelter also. If I can do that then there isn't much of a challenge the PVE game is going to offer me anymore. Basically - I'm done with PVE. And if I had to grind like mad in PVE for every new build I wanted to make then I would have traded this game in already.
edgemaster

Postby Tsmp » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:46 pm

HazelrahFiver wrote:
Tsmp wrote:Soul memory ceases to matter past 15 million, according to this guy's tests.

I thank you for informing me, but this is nothing in the way of a solution.
To reach 15 million SM would require a hell of an investment for every character you wish to PvP. Even all my farming on my main character has not gotten me to 15 million. That's far too high a number for neutrality to kick in. Even if does at that point, does the matching then become based on SL, or does it mean that everybody will be fighting everybody?

From what that person (Illusorywall) says, it becomes everyone vs everyone.

Farming souls isn't all that hard, though. Just farm the Giant Lord, and you can end up with almost five times that in less than an hour.
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Magic System Guide:

Tsmp

Postby Thaumogenesis » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:50 pm

rkzhao wrote:I've been dueling without buffs partly as another handicap and partly just because I don't feel like bothering with buffing, so it's funny when I meet someone in the arena that spends all that time stacking up every buff they can and I have to stand around waiting for them to "get ready"
[/quote]

Wait what? After popping a Blossom and buffing the weapon, it's fighting time. With all due respect but waiting for people to stack more than one buff, it kinda is your fault... unless of course you want the added challenge.

Personally I start spamming projectiles of some sort if they begin a second buff.
Thaumogenesis

Postby bialy0021 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:57 pm

Mem wrote:(...) but with the ability to invade new players forcing them to either struggle to get through an area being made 100 times more difficult than the dev's intended / play offline or not at all is not good so early in the games life (...)

why do you blame mule and not from then?

if he could invade you then its because the game allowed him to. its not like mule is at slX, is it? afaik its before char creation and just has plenty of everything so you can level up easily and dont need to bother with getting gear/spells.

if they lvled up their sm increases so, even if only theoretically, it is possible to do the same legitimately (maybe bar some spells). idiotic matchmaking is at fault here, not the mule.

what mule does is simply magnifying the scale of it (griefing etc), thats it. i dont mind mm. or the fact that ive a steady stream of cops vading me all the time - all of em higher than me (tho i do find cops extremely faggy :p).
what i do mind is stupid matchmaking (and poor quality of this p2p) and so should everyone else imho.
bialy0021

Postby rkzhao » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:17 pm

Thaumogenesis wrote:Wait what? After popping a Blossom and buffing the weapon, it's fighting time. With all due respect but waiting for people to stack more than one buff, it kinda is your fault... unless of course you want the added challenge.

Personally I start spamming projectiles of some sort if they begin a second buff.

I don't necessarily mind that they stack all those buffs, I just find it a bit silly. I guess I just haven't cared enough to interrupt them.
rkzhao

Postby Alois2 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:41 pm

spacehamster wrote:

Good. All I'm getting from that conversation M3nnoch posted is the usual - cheaters don't think it's bad to cheat, that's why they do it.

I could sort of understand it in DkS on the PC if people used CE to just give themselves whatever amount of souls they needed to get to 125, instantly have the build they wanted to try and then ran through the game to get the gear they needed. That doesn't really seem like cheating as it puts you on an equal footing with potential PVP opponents, it's just a faster way to try out different builds. But now there are Soul Vessels, and matchmaking is done via soul memory, so that's all out the window.

As for the Mad Warrior set and the like, the whole point is that it's hard to get. I don't necessarily mind people cheating to get the ultra-rare gear because they want to see what it looks like, but to me that completely defeats the purpose of playing the game. Might as well just watch the end credits on Youtube and not bother at all.

While the Mad Warrior Set is far from the strongest, it does have style as being the best looking and most practical Samurai Armor. And for the..."Mega Mules"...yeah, thats a cheat right there. Sure, I guess it's good to see what things look like but it can be used to troll newbies out of Dark Souls very easilly--I mean, how do explain the OP invaders?
Image You will bend the knee or be destroyed...
Alois2

PSN Name: Alois-Blucher (please refer to [email protected])

Next

Return to Dark Souls 2 Discussion