Dark Souls 2 Beta test information here!

Dark Souls 2 Beta test information here!

Postby Sanguine_01 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:17 am

HERE WE GO! (There will be constant editing and additional info as I notice more and more info on my recording.)

Ok my hour with the beta is up for now, hopefully I can get into the 2 and 3 hour one as well. Lots to talk about and review so I will start with this. The game feels MUCH darker and back to its horror roots. The environment (At least the one I played) and the enemy sounds coupled with the atmosphere and we have a much more wicked dark souls, plain and simple. BTW I LOVED it! The lighting is great especially in darker environments and using a torch feels like the best thing in the world in all that darkness, even the areas that are not so dark feel better. Overall fantastic atmosphere right out of the start, btw ENB was correct, Demons souls esq reference with the merchant character.

Lore - A woman merchant speaks "Dranglake's been a pile of rubble since the war fought long long ago....When the giants crossed the sea!" "Seemed like the battles would never end. Poor folk like myself with nary a place to sleep!" "You may travel light but me thinks you bare a burden of your own!"

Regarding PVE -
PVE - I will try and stay away from what was already said, you can take my word for it that everything said about the game so far is on point. Interaction with the enemies is good but the new heavier (Slightly delayed) feeling to the attacks and rolls takes time to get used to in comparison to both souls games before it unless your a duel swordsman in which the speed feels right at home. Targeting is odd with some spells but it might be intentional as some blasted an aoe off target but still hit. Same with weapons, heavy weapons are the same (Mostly, I will explain later) slow but strong and fast weapons are fast with less dmg. Spamming attacks with a slower weapon (Halberd) doesn't seem great since the weapon targets the last area you were facing even when an enemy moves around you, might be changed at the end or kept this way.

Regarding items -
Items – some consumables have new animations like humanity. Flasks are slower to heal while enemies are more aggressive. Confirmed magic item grass that recharges the spell casts count completely.

Regarding STR -
I did not get to test the STR stat heavily or see any rapid changes at the moment although while invading a host did hit me with a LARGE sword attack that knocked me into the air but luckily he was stunned by an enemy before it fully connected causing little dmg but it was relatively quick for such a large weapon. There was an invader who was wielding a new Zwei aand even some of his attacks were much faster so I think its fare to say they sped up STR weapons considerably with some attacks.

Regarding stats-
Using this picture as a reference for you guys

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4747/6boc.png

Stats are as follows or as best as I can figure while upgrading
Heart - Vitality - Shown as a red square Icon
Feet – Endurance – Shown as a green square icon
Chest = Equip burden - Shown as the icon beneath both the red and green square icons
Book = Atunement Slots
Arm = Strength
Head? = Dex + Poison & Bleed
Possibly Res = Def and various status def
Running man = Agility? Raises 3 light green highlighted boxes unknown at the moment
Int = Mag & Pyro + Mag & Pyro Def
Faith = Faith & Dark + Faith & Dark Def

Regarding PVP –
Helpers and Invaders can both use Flasks :shock: I did not get to try my healing items but most likely those as well.

RSS - You can see the rss even when your undead (Cant remember if this is possible in dks1 since I spend so much time human)

Invaders have less HP maybe 75% or a bit more when invading. Not sure about whites, no one summoned me. :(

As an invader you cannot manipulate the environment levers anymore or attack enemies as usual but you can use bonfires to light your own torch in there world which may offer other possibilities for the bonfire but that is my speculation.

Invasion and summons as of now do not make a sound when entering your world but do give a screen warning as usual.

Invading from one spot in my world allowed me to invade in 3 different locations in the hosts world possibly putting invaders closer to the host now but 2 out of the 5 invasions I had did place me in the same locations, no random spawn spots.

Invaders and helpers have a timer confirmed as a small hour glass icon that’s barely visible. Most hosts died before I could test the timer.

Helper white signs are smaller for shorter timed helpers and normal for basic time helping.

PvP felt the same just slower and heavier, I did get a "Lag stab on a guy without even trying. It is WAY more difficult or at least different to backstab now and no where near what it used to be BUT it seems that faster characters may have an easier time doing so or at least characters with speed, (Agility?) Dying as an invader (at least killing yourself) does not remove humanity, when you return to your world you will be at full hp and human.

I am 3 and 0 in dks 2 invasions :twisted:

Side note - I noticed black phantom enemies in a hosts world while invading that were not in my own world or another players world when I invaded again. Currently I do not think there are Gravelords so either this is a random event, world event or something else entirely. Keep in mind I did not get to try each class and it seems that each one had there own items to try so Gravelord items might be available. I can confirm red duel signs.

If anything else comes to me as I look over my recording I will post it.
Last edited by Sanguine_01 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 14 times in total.

The Last Of The Honorable
You tube - Sanguine_01
Sanguine_01

Warnings: 1
PSN Name: Sanguine_01

Advertisement

Re: Beta tested information here!

Postby Sanguine_01 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:18 am

Figured its better to make a new topic on this so others can locate it quickly. ;)

You tube - Sanguine_01
Sanguine_01

Postby JustAndrewGreece » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:39 am

Great info man, thanks for sharing. :gp:
Regarding the info now.
1.helpers and Invaders can both use Flasks. i really like this one, that would be ideal in pvp , it would balance the invasion and the whole pvp, each player can heal with some limitation.
2.As an invader you cannot manipulate the environment levers anymore or attack enemies. Thats good too, though it favors a little bit the host and the phantoms , host can make different strategies using the inviroment, but its their world so they deserve their advantage
3. but you can use bonfires to light your own torch in there world which may mean other possibilities. Ok wtf is that??? :shock: please if you can explain that or post any info you have, this is weird
4. Invasion and summons as of now do not make a sound but do give a screen warning as usual. well thats ok not a big deal
5. Invaders have a timer confirmed as a small hour glass icon that’s barely visible. thats good balancing the co op with the invasion

I really like the way they make humanity worth. there is no reason stay hallow, imagine die and try regain your soul as hollow and you get invited, thas challanging and emotional 8-)
Forgive Me Father As I Have Sinned
JustAndrewGreece

PSN Name: JustAndrewGreece - KOKE27

Postby Sanguine_01 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:47 am

JustAndrewGreece wrote:Great info man, thanks for sharing. :gp:
Regarding the info now.
1.helpers and Invaders can both use Flasks. i really like this one, that would be ideal in pvp , it would balance the invasion and the whole pvp, each player can heal with some limitation.
2.As an invader you cannot manipulate the environment levers anymore or attack enemies. Thats good too, though it favors a little bit the host and the phantoms , host can make different strategies using the inviroment, but its their world so they deserve their advantage
3. but you can use bonfires to light your own torch in there world which may mean other possibilities. Ok wtf is that??? :shock: please if you can explain that or post any info you have, this is weird
4. Invasion and summons as of now do not make a sound but do give a screen warning as usual. well thats ok not a big deal
5. Invaders have a timer confirmed as a small hour glass icon that’s barely visible. thats good balancing the co op with the invasion

I really like the way they make humanity worth. there is no reason stay hallow, imagine die and try regain your soul as hollow and you get invited, thas challanging and emotional 8-)

1.I also noticed hosts cannot heal phantoms anymore as well.

3.Bonfires in a hosts world that are lit (Or one that I found lit already) can be used by the invader to light a torch so that you can see in there world incase its too dark in an area. My guess is that if there is this sort of interaction with a hosts world bonfire now, there might be other things that invaders can do like maybe downgrade a hosts bonfire but that's just speculation on my part.

4. I mentioned it because it was easy to know where an invader was invading by listening to the sound the invasion makes. You were able to tell if he was ahead of you or even the moment before he comes in, now its not so obvious.

You tube - Sanguine_01
Sanguine_01

Postby Tsmp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:56 am

Thank you so much for sharing! Time for questions and stuff.

You're playing the japanese version, so you can't actually read the names and descriptions of everything, right? That's a bit of a pain, but your account does raise some interesting questions. Namely, which fucking stat is agility, if it is indeed a stat at all? I think maybe this 'running man' is agility (supposed to represent speed or something) and the three green boxes are supposed to be the blocking speed, roll speed, and parry speed ENB mentioned. Which, of course, brings up another issue. It would appear that the endurance stat was split into two different stats yet again: one for total stamina, and one for equip burden. Did they just nerf endurance for a second time? I did not see this coming. Which means there's also no humanity or luck stat as I was hoping for. All the new stats seem to be accounted for, now.

Invaders having less Hp, that is interesting. With this, the humanity defense boost possibly being gone, and the apparent lack of non-scaling weapons, griefing might just have gotten a serious blow to the nuts. It's impossible to completely remove griefing from a game with such open pvp of course, but if they're going to make players always invadable this is arguably an important measure to take. Though it could put something of a damper on fair pvp, unless red soapstones remain. But even then, the host is still going to have a home advantage. But they did just lose the estus advantage. Interesting...

It is nice to know that backstabs are harder to do now, and interesting to know that it's still theoretically possible to make a 'backstab build' if your character is fast enough. I'm not sure how that's going to work out.
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Useful notes for Dark Souls 2, by yours truly:
Magic System Guide:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19416

Dual Wielding Power Stance how-to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19381

Bonfire Ascetic Guide and Explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19345&p=185263#p185263

Invading in the Dark Chasm of Old:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19608
Tsmp

Warnings: 2
PSN Name: TSMP1

Postby Sanguine_01 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:14 am

Tsmp wrote:Thank you so much for sharing! Time for questions and stuff.

You're playing the japanese version, so you can't actually read the names and descriptions of everything, right? That's a bit of a pain, but your account does raise some interesting questions. Namely, which fucking stat is agility, if it is indeed a stat at all? I think maybe this 'running man' is agility (supposed to represent speed or something) and the three green boxes are supposed to be the blocking speed, roll speed, and parry speed ENB mentioned. Which, of course, brings up another issue. It would appear that the endurance stat was split into two different stats yet again: one for total stamina, and one for equip burden. Did they just nerf endurance for a second time? I did not see this coming. Which means there's also no humanity or luck stat as I was hoping for. All the new stats seem to be accounted for, now.

Invaders having less Hp, that is interesting. With this, the humanity defense boost possibly being gone, and the apparent lack of non-scaling weapons, griefing might just have gotten a serious blow to the nuts. It's impossible to completely remove griefing from a game with such open pvp of course, but if they're going to make players always invadable this is arguably an important measure to take. Though it could put something of a damper on fair pvp, unless red soapstones remain. But even then, the host is still going to have a home advantage. But they did just lose the estus advantage. Interesting...

It is nice to know that backstabs are harder to do now, and interesting to know that it's still theoretically possible to make a 'backstab build' if your character is fast enough. I'm not sure how that's going to work out.

I did notice the lack of a square button to read item descriptions. I tried various things but didn't want to spend to much time doing so. Overall I was unable to remove my equipment or read any item descriptions.

I can confirm red soap (Duel) stones as I saw at least 3 in my entire playthrough but one of the pre made selectable characters must of had it, possibly having a gravelord stone as well since I saw BP phantoms in a hosts world or is WT back hehehehe!

You tube - Sanguine_01
Sanguine_01

Postby Tsmp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:20 pm

Sanguine_01 wrote:
Tsmp wrote:Thank you so much for sharing! Time for questions and stuff.

I did notice the lack of a square button to read item descriptions. I tried various things but didn't want to spend to much time doing so. Overall I was unable to remove my equipment or read any item descriptions.

I can confirm red soap (Duel) stones as I saw at least 3 in my entire playthrough but one of the pre made selectable characters must of had it, possibly having a gravelord stone as well since I saw BP phantoms in a hosts world or is WT back hehehehe!

I would seriously love to see a revamped gravelord covenant, or world tendency combined with the ability to invade even "dead" characters... that could just be evil :twisted:
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Magic System Guide:

Tsmp

Re: Dark Souls 2 Beta test information here!

Postby Gorbad » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:39 pm

Heh, seems I was right about the stats 7 hours before Sanguine confirmed them! 8-)

Run-backstabs in PvE? In PvP they were harder, you say?
What about roll-backstabs?
"There is Always a Greater Power"

Gorbad

Postby Sanguine_01 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:56 pm

Gorbad wrote:Heh, seems I was right about the stats 7 hours before Sanguine confirmed them! 8-)

Run-backstabs in PvE? In PvP they were harder, you say?
What about roll-backstabs?

I could not perform a running BS on my build but felt that it might be possible with a faster one, cannot confirm that. In PVP it was much more difficult because stamina drains very fast and the speed feels slower overall so you cant just run and bs although again I felt that it might be possible with a faster build but I didn't get to try it myself.

I could not roll BS anyone of the players I invaded but again I contribute that to the speed of the characters which have a heavier feel and running is probably wasting more stamina now as well. Have not compared it yet. Whatever stat increases either movement speed, rolling speed or anything of that kind might be a difference maker overall for those type of tactics, that and stamina if they are not one and the same.

You tube - Sanguine_01
Sanguine_01

Postby JustAndrewGreece » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:47 pm

As far as i know Gorbad front roll Invisibility (i cant expaint it better in english but i hope you get my point) is gone, you need to roll to differnt position, like left or right to avoid the hit, so i think roll backstab is completly gone. well that would make pvp more realistic i think
JustAndrewGreece

Postby HazelrahFiver » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:32 pm

Sanguine_01 wrote:The game feels MUCH darker and back to its horror roots. The environment (At least the one I played) and the enemy sounds coupled with the atmosphere and we have a much more wicked dark souls, plain and simple. BTW I LOVED it! The lighting is great especially in darker environments and using a torch feels like the best thing in the world in all that darkness, even the areas that are not so dark feel better. Overall fantastic atmosphere right out of the start, btw ENB was correct, direct Demons references in this game especially with the beta merchant.

I don't want to start getting too excited yet, but if there are direct references to Demon's Souls... and the game is Dark Souls 2, which is a direct sequel to Dark Souls.... well, let's just say that a large portion of the internet will owe me an apology. But, as I said, I'm not going to let my heart get soaring yet.

Sanguine_01 wrote:Confirmed magic item grass that recharges the spell casts count completely.

Can you explain what you mean by this? I believe you mean that there is now a consumable that fills the spell counters? If so, does it do so for all spells, or the one that is currently selected?

Sanguine_01 wrote:...but it was relatively quick for such a large weapon. There was an invader who was wielding a new Zwei aand even some of his attacks were much faster so I think its fare to say they sped up STR weapons considerably with some attacks.

Could the speed difference be because a stat made the weapons swing faster? That was one thing speculated by myself and others that seemed like (it could be) a great idea.

Sanguine_01 wrote:Chest = Equip burden - Shown as the icon beneath both the red and green square icons
Book = Atunement Slots
Int = Mag & Pyro + Mag & Pyro Def
Faith = Faith & Dark + Faith & Dark Def

Separate equip burden stat from endurance? Fascinating.
Any idea if Attunement affected casting speed?
Dark is confirmed as a separate school of magic? Sexy.
PYROMANCY ATTACHED TO A STAT? MEGA SEXY.

Sanguine_01 wrote:Helpers and Invaders can both use Flasks

Not sure how I feel about this. I was sorta hoping that NO ONE would be able to use flasks, but it all depends on the balance... of everything. We shall see.

Sanguine_01 wrote:Invaders have less HP maybe 75% or a bit more when invading.

Sexy.

Sanguine_01 wrote:As an invader you cannot manipulate the environment levers anymore or attack enemies as usual but you can use bonfires to light your own torch in there world which may offer other possibilities for the bonfire but that is my speculation.

Curiously unnerving. I mean, it makes sense that the invader shouldn't be able to touch stuff. But it also means that, dependent on the level designs, certain invasions will be pointless from the start. I am already envisioning a trolling series on Youtube in which the host goes out of the invader's reach and taunts them until the timer runs out.

Sanguine_01 wrote:Invasion and summons as of now do not make a sound when entering your world but do give a screen warning as usual.

Not sexy, not sexy at all. Ok, this is just a personal preference with me, but I love that sound! When I played DkS PvP frequently, I would have dreams about that sound. I'll never forget it so long as I live.

Sanguine_01 wrote:PvP felt the same just slower and heavier, I did get a "Lag stab on a guy without even trying. It is WAY more difficult or at least different to backstab now and no where near what it used to be BUT it seems that faster characters may have an easier time doing so or at least characters with speed, (Agility?) Dying as an invader (at least killing yourself) does not remove humanity, when you return to your world you will be at full hp and human.

If this is confirmation that DkS2 will have backstabs similar enough to DkS, then consider me a non-pvp participant. I will be playing the entire game offline, and then do a little PvP just for the sake of it. If faster characters have an easier time getting backstabs, and they still deal a large amount of damage while granting invincibility frames, then guess what the majority of opponents are going to be. Damn it FROM.... (I know I'm jumping the gun on this, I'm just paranoid that I will come to hate the PvP of what should be my favorite game.)
DkS Lore and PvP: http://www.youtube.com/user/HazelrahFirefly/videos

Saturday-Saint wrote:Demon's Souls, Spiritual Successor Hydra. Slay one franchise, and two spawn in its place.
HazelrahFiver

PSN Name: HazelrahFiver

Postby Sanguine_01 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:17 pm

HazelrahFiver wrote:
Sanguine_01 wrote:The game feels MUCH darker and back to its horror roots. The environment (At least the one I played) and the enemy sounds coupled with the atmosphere and we have a much more wicked dark souls, plain and simple. BTW I LOVED it! The lighting is great especially in darker environments and using a torch feels like the best thing in the world in all that darkness, even the areas that are not so dark feel better. Overall fantastic atmosphere right out of the start, btw ENB was correct, direct Demons references in this game especially with the beta merchant.

I don't want to start getting too excited yet, but if there are direct references to Demon's Souls... and the game is Dark Souls 2, which is a direct sequel to Dark Souls.... well, let's just say that a large portion of the internet will owe me an apology. But, as I said, I'm not going to let my heart get soaring yet..

Indeed, I know exactly how you feel. For me it still is DKS,DKS2,DES...so far ;)

HazelrahFiver wrote:[Can you explain what you mean by this? I believe you mean that there is now a consumable that fills the spell counters? If so, does it do so for all spells, or the one that is currently selected?

That’s exactly what I mean but unfortunately I did not check if it affected all of my spells because the build is only given 2 and I used one as a test and the other when I took a guess at what it did. Luckily I saw my spell counter go from 18 to 20 spells but I didn’t notice if it affected any other spells.

HazelrahFiver wrote:[Could the speed difference be because a stat made the weapons swing faster? That was one thing speculated by myself and others that seemed like (it could be) a great idea.

I cannot say either way, it is possible since the builds using both str weapons were not any build that I used (Int and Faith) I was not able to equip the zwei myself either when I found one.

HazelrahFiver wrote:[Separate equip burden stat from endurance? Fascinating.
PYROMANCY ATTACHED TO A STAT? MEGA SEXY..

Attunement stat raised the 5th box down when counting from the red HP box in this image.
The symbol is like a white scroll whose number is 189. On my character the number was 201. Not sure what this represents though.

HazelrahFiver wrote:[If this is confirmation that DkS2 will have backstabs similar enough to DkS, then consider me a non-pvp participant. I will be playing the entire game offline, and then do a little PvP just for the sake of it. If faster characters have an easier time getting backstabs, and they still deal a large amount of damage while granting invincibility frames, then guess what the majority of opponents are going to be. Damn it FROM.... (I know I'm jumping the gun on this, I'm just paranoid that I will come to hate the PvP of what should be my favorite game.)

As for your last comment I do not feel that backstabs will be integral unless people purposely try to master them which may happen eventually. I believe I made a total of 4 backstabs in the game. One was against an enemy but I never try to backstab as a priority in PVE or PVP anyway. One BS was the lag stab which I hit but it really didn’t seem like I should have hit it on an opponent. The other two were during flasking which is so slow that it can be punished now with a backstab before you get your first chug on. BTW the hp regain during an invaders flasking feels much slower than when your human as well.

You tube - Sanguine_01
Sanguine_01

Postby HazelrahFiver » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:36 pm

Sanguine_01 wrote:Attunement stat raised the 5th box down when counting from the red HP box in this image.
The symbol is like a white scroll whose number is 189. On my character the number was 201. Not sure what this represents though.

Oooooooo, that's exciting! Very exciting! Possibly :p

Sanguine_01 wrote:As for your last comment I do not feel that backstabs will be integral unless people purposely try to master them which may happen eventually. I believe I made a total of 4 backstabs in the game. One was against an enemy but I never try to backstab as a priority in PVE or PVP anyway. One BS was the lag stab which I hit but it really didn’t seem like I should have hit it on an opponent. The other two were during flasking which is so slow that it can be punished now with a backstab before you get your first chug on. BTW the hp regain during an invaders flasking feels much slower than when your human as well.

Hmmm, ok, ok. I won't get my lederhosen all in a bunch yet. I really should wait until the game is released and experiment for my own tastes. It's not like I won't be getting the game regardless of what they announce.
Cool to hear on the invader's flasking being slower. Helps make me feel a little better about every one being able to use flasks.

Saturday-Saint wrote:Demon's Souls, Spiritual Successor Hydra. Slay one franchise, and two spawn in its place.
HazelrahFiver

Postby mmghouse » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanks for all the excellent information Sanguine. I'm jealous, for sure! The changes seem exciting, and nothing has me too worried about what you said. All in all, it's clear that From has paid close attention to many of the worst problems with the earlier games and is dealing with them. Could it lead to new problems, new exploits, or destroy some aspect of the game we cherish? Yes. But the fact that they are paying attention to it means there is plenty of hope that it will do no such thing. We'll see.

Also: Strength builds might be back? I'm anxiously awaiting the new DBS, whatever it might be!
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby cronotis » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:51 pm

Thanks for the info Sanguine. :) I think it raises more questions than it answers, but good info just the same.
Shag said Twizzle.
cronotis

PSN Name: Cronotis

Postby Tsmp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:09 pm

Sanguine_01 wrote:
HazelrahFiver wrote:[Separate equip burden stat from endurance? Fascinating.
PYROMANCY ATTACHED TO A STAT? MEGA SEXY..

Attunement stat raised the 5th box down when counting from the red HP box in this image.

We already know attunement raises casting speed and that the number for it is shown in the status screen. That fifth box is probably it.

Funny, when I first saw that I took it for something to do with physical damage, since there was a number for all the other damage types. Umm... now I'm confused. Is physical damage shown on the status screen? And on that note, why are all the other damage types even shown at all?
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Magic System Guide:

Tsmp

Postby HazelrahFiver » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:38 pm

Tsmp wrote:We already know attunement raises casting speed and that the number for it is shown in the status screen. That fifth box is probably it.

News to me. I had read a lot of rumors, hopes, and 'possiblys' on the subject, but nothing that actually confirmed it.

HazelrahFiver

Postby Sanguine_01 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:16 am

After watching a ton of footage both online and my own I think its fare to say that backstabs are easier to achieve if your moving slower rather than faster. Here I felt it might have been the opposite but the more I watch these videos with backstab masters taking on DKS2 its seems that when they run they have the same problem that I did but when they calmly walk around or at least quickly without running its easier. Of course this is a lot easier with phantoms guiding you and keeping the enemies busy but its still possible.

That video that is up in 2 parts is a perfect example. The guy backstabs like crazy but I here I am having problems with it. It might be because I don't depend on it myself and I use them less frequently than most in both pve and pvp but I did feel comfortable doing it in dks1.

Well here's me hoping that BS become a bit harder because overall I am very happy with the decisions made as long as they balance it out I am fine.

You tube - Sanguine_01
Sanguine_01

Postby Gorbad » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:37 am

It seems to me like you have to score a regular hit from behind, which then turns into a backstab. Is this assumption wrong? Do you still get "magnet-pulled" when you achieve a backstab on an enemy, or do you have to free-aim your backstab before it happens?

I've watched the two videos on youtube that are up right now, and the white phantom timer seems long enough. The phantoms died before the time ran out.
Overall, it seems you stagger enemies less now. Sure, they get staggered, but it's not as long an advantage. Some of those enemies were quite fast to attack back after being hit, like skeletons in 4-1 demon's souls are.

Also, it seems the character's movement speed and roll speed got bigger when he swapped to a light armor set. Which is odd, since ENB's findings indicate there's no change in movement speed, even if you're rolling around naked.
"There is Always a Greater Power"

Gorbad

Postby mankind » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:55 am

thanks for this great information sanguine. i have just 2, 3 more question and i hope you can answer them:

- is it possible to play the beta offline?
- can you get me the download link please (ps3proxy will sniff it for you). i want to test some things on my debug unit.
- did you download 1 file or more when the game starts?

thanks for your answers.

greets mk
mankind

Postby JustAndrewGreece » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:20 am

[quote="Gorbad"]It seems to me like you have to score a regular hit from behind, which then turns into a backstab. Is this assumption wrong? Do you still get "magnet-pulled" when you achieve a backstab on an enemy, or do you have to free-aim your backstab before it happens?

this... i think you are right , but at 12.55 of the second video, the host get backstabbed by the goblin instantly :shock:
it would be really nice if every enemy can backstab you 8-)
JustAndrewGreece

Postby Sanguine_01 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:12 am

Gorbad wrote:It seems to me like you have to score a regular hit from behind, which then turns into a backstab. Is this assumption wrong? Do you still get "magnet-pulled" when you achieve a backstab on an enemy, or do you have to free-aim your backstab before it happens?

I've watched the two videos on youtube that are up right now, and the white phantom timer seems long enough. The phantoms died before the time ran out.
Overall, it seems you stagger enemies less now. Sure, they get staggered, but it's not as long an advantage. Some of those enemies were quite fast to attack back after being hit, like skeletons in 4-1 demon's souls are.

Also, it seems the character's movement speed and roll speed got bigger when he swapped to a light armor set. Which is odd, since ENB's findings indicate there's no change in movement speed, even if you're rolling around naked.

You do have to score a regular hit but I cannot be sure if that is actually part of the backstab animation itself. It always seems to be a two hit animation with some weapons like a small hit or a hilt hit then the backstab but the original hit might actually be the backstab animation taking place. Its just like the hammer bs animation when you knock an enemy from behind down to his knees then smash him down with the weapon its 2 hits.

It feels that control when running becomes wild for a moment like you may just run past an enemy backside and since the enemy turns towards you it removes the backstab chance plus stamina drains rapidly as well.

mankind wrote:thanks for this great information sanguine. i have just 2, 3 more question and i hope you can answer them:

- is it possible to play the beta offline?
- can you get me the download link please (ps3proxy will sniff it for you). i want to test some things on my debug unit.
- did you download 1 file or more when the game starts?

thanks for your answers.

greets mk

-No its impossible to play the beta offline, I tried it for what seems like an eternity, lol.
-No
-I downloaded the beta itself and an update

You tube - Sanguine_01
Sanguine_01

Postby Tsmp » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:13 am

HazelrahFiver wrote:
Tsmp wrote:We already know attunement raises casting speed and that the number for it is shown in the status screen. That fifth box is probably it.

News to me. I had read a lot of rumors, hopes, and 'possiblys' on the subject, but nothing that actually confirmed it.

Ah, yes. That one also came from ENB's recent video. Dexterity no longer raises casting speed, it's now attunement. Dexterity now raises bleed and poison damage.
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Magic System Guide:

Tsmp

Postby mankind » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:19 am

thanks for your answers sanguine.

i will try to get this working offline. someone will post the link or i get my own key.

greets mk
mankind

Postby DxV04 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:35 pm

Sanguine! Sanguine! Sanguine! Sanguine! :theman: tstt
PSN and XBL Tag: DarknessxVega
DxV04

Postby HazelrahFiver » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Tsmp wrote:Ah, yes. That one also came from ENB's recent video. Dexterity no longer raises casting speed, it's now attunement. Dexterity now raises bleed and poison damage.

SO.... MUCH.... SEXY!

HazelrahFiver

Postby Sanguine_01 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:29 am

DxV04 wrote:Sanguine! Sanguine! Sanguine! Sanguine! :theman: tstt

lol, thanks DxV04 Buen Placer Bori! ;)

Hope it was helpful to some degree. Ive been wanting to put up my footage but my wife is the good angel on my shoulder telling me not to for obvious reasons, damb Way Of White. I made a small video package of the highlights of my invasions and some other things but alas it just gets 1mill views from me at home, lol.

You tube - Sanguine_01
Sanguine_01

Postby DxV04 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:55 am

Sanguine_01 wrote:

Hope it was helpful to some degree. Ive been wanting to put up my footage but my wife is the good angel on my shoulder telling me not to for obvious reasons, damb Way Of White. I made a small video package of the highlights of my invasions and some other things but alas it just gets 1mill views from me at home, lol.

El placer es mio amigo :D
Hmm well let me be the devil on your other shoulder haha. Maybe you can post it after the beta is over?? I would like to contribute with the following:

http://tinypic.com/m/fyo9bn/3

Here is a link to the descriptions. I apologize if this was posted already. :horse:
Stat page descriptions.

Oh and lastly... I pray and hope that Gravelording comes back instead of just World Tendency. However, a combination of World Tendency/Gravelording/Way of Blue(or equivalent of White Tendency) would be :twisted:
But I would be happy with just a perfected Gravelording mechanic. hehe
PSN and XBL Tag: DarknessxVega
DxV04

Postby Sanguine_01 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:06 pm

DxV04 wrote:
Sanguine_01 wrote:

Hmm well let me be the devil on your other shoulder haha. Maybe you can post it after the beta is over?? I would like to contribute with the following:

Here is a link to the descriptions. I apologize if this was posted already. :horse:
Stat page descriptions.

Oh and lastly... I pray and hope that Gravelording comes back instead of just World Tendency. However, a combination of World Tendency/Gravelording/Way of Blue(or equivalent of White Tendency) would be :twisted:

Those links are a TON of help thank you for adding that. Now to look it over and see what I can find. Who knew that a one hour beta could say so much.

Whoa already noticed that str determines break dmg on enemy armor. I REALLY like this idea!

You tube - Sanguine_01
Sanguine_01

Postby Tsmp » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:04 pm

DxV04 wrote:
Sanguine_01 wrote:

Stat page descriptions.

Aha! Now we're talking. Thanks a million, mate. I'll fill this in later with anything I feel is worth mentioning.
-----
1. Such as how my wild guesses seem to have been almost entirely wrong, for instance. Interesting. I got curse resist right at least, but that does leave the question of what stat it's based on.

2. "Break STK: The power to damage enemy equipment. Improves with strength." Hory sheet, that's a doozy. Looks like strength does get something new, like dex gets bleed and poison. And break resist is based on resistance. That could be almost funny, if resistance is just as useless to a min/maxed build as it is in DkS1.

3. Agility determines how quickly you raise a shield, use items, etc. Use items as in estus or those healing stones? That sounds massively useful, along with this trap disabling thing and evasion of course. Trap disabling... no bonus points for guessing what the thief starting class will specialize in, I suppose.

4. Lightning and dark defense are determined by faith, which means they've thrown out the "nothing can counter this damage type but it's supposedly counterbalanced by how rare it is" philosophy that didn't really work in DkS1 until they nerfed the crap out of it. This is good news.

5. Bleed resist has been moved to the resistance stat, along with this new break resist. So what, is it the anti-annoying bastard stat now? I wonder if it'll actually be worth it now that its defensive gains don't have to compete with humanity.
Rest in pieces, Manus.

Magic System Guide:

Tsmp