Dark Souls 2 -Plot Theory- (IMO)

Dark Souls 2 -Plot Theory- (IMO)

Postby juudan » Fri May 24, 2013 1:42 am

I'm sure the Dark Souls community is completely happy with the announcement of Dark Souls 2 and the awesome trailer they provided, specially the gameplay trailer. Story plot wise, we are left completely in the dark, no confirmation of anything for the story, the only thing confirmed in regard to the story plot is the following:

"The story will revolve around a cursed character trying to find a cure for his affliction. While little has been revealed of the game's story, the game's director has been cited as mentioned the sequel is linked to its predecessor, but would not specify as to how. The director did mention that the concept of time factored into the story and also that "if the first game was set in the North Pole, this one would be in the South Pole; that sort of contrast."

With that said, i believe the game will take place in a region that's completely far away from all the areas accessible to the player in Dark Souls. (EX. Painted World of Ariamis)

Now that i have mentioned Ariamis, lets begin with the theories for the story plot.

1. Any player who has the Lordvessel and has gone to the Painted World of Ariamis is fully aware that he/she cannot warp to ANY Location in the game while inside of the painted world, they are completely stuck, unless they to the boss room and walk up to the broken ledge and trigger the animation cutscene which warps you back to Anor Londo, In other words, Ariamis is the only location in the game that is completely far away from lordran, you can only access it by examining the painting in Anor Londo, which begins theory number 2.

2. In the game, this area is called "The Painted World of Ariamis", now, lets analyze that for a moment, that means that this area probably means one or all of the following:

a- "A world created by a being called Ariamis.

In fact if you listen to Crossbreed Priscilla's dialogue when she kills you, she states the following:

"Why could thou not let us be?
Didst thou not see why Ariamis created this world?"


She pretty much solidifies one thing, whoever Ariamis is, he is definitely not a ordinary being and brings me to the second part of my first theory.

b- "A refuge for the sinners and dragons"

We all know (players who have gone to the painted world of ariamis) that there is a Undead Dragon in this location. meaning that this place is not unfamiliar to dragons, and his undead status indicates that all other dragons in that location, (supposing there were more) either completely decomposed from that area or simply left. But i am sure there had to be more dragons in this area. Now lets move on to Crossbreed Priscilla. She is half Ice dragon and human (all her moves are based on crystal/snow/ice attacks) and we all know that Seath is the only ice dragon in the game, (Seath is important in this theory, you'll see) and we all know that Seath did research on women for his goal of achieving immortality, Lets do some math here. (Seath experiment, which is done with sorcery, which is advanced when based by means of crystal magic + female humans = crossbreed priscilla) seeing that prisicilla came out as a bastard child and failed to provide adequate results for seath's experiment, he probably tried to get rid of her, which probably resulted in priscilla looking for help and encountering whoever Ariamis is, noting that Ariamis proably helped the remaning dragons escape Seath's onslaught, he felt compassion for Priscilla and gave here a place to hide from Seath. This now brings us to why she asks the player upon his death, if he didn't know the reason why Ariamis made this world, if you look at it in this point of view, it was probably to protect all the dragons from Seath. and if you are fighting Priscilla, it pretty much looks like you are in alliance with Seath, which commonly makes sense for her to ask you for the reason of the world she inhabits in and as why you don't leave them alone (dragons, her and the servants of Velka) and here begins part 3 of the theory.

3. The Servants of Velka....ok....lets start. Why they reside there?, Velka is the goddess of sin, and as i stated in my previous theory, This world/area was probably made for sinners as well as dragons, not only that, the place was built like in a church/chapel like of structure, apart from the arena like area where priscilla is located at. this place is full of maiden like statues, and is inhabited by crows and crow demons, which are the followers of velka, and judging by their treatment, they probably believe you are a threat of sorts. Now we can all probably agree with the whole "snuggly the crow is velka's servant theory" which if it's true, and she ordered snuggly to save you, why would her lower followers attack you? well simply, they probably believe you are in alliance with Seath and plan to kill all of them, which results in their aggression (IMO)

Now lets begin with the conclusion of all the numerous theories and explanations i have shared with all of you.

The Dark Souls 2 trailers feature a a castle( that looks identical to the one in the painted world of ariamis) and the infamous bridge that will kill you which was revealed in the gameplay trailer. (the painted world of ariamis has an extremely similar broken-like bridge) and the castle is surrounded by dragons EVERYWHERE (i have theorized and explain as to why this The painted world had dragons (EX. Undead Dragon, Priscilla) ) and then we have the mysterious crow
flying through the area and the mysterious woman who, by the way she interacts with the main character and looks, is probably velka. the story might focus on the destruction and persecution of seath towards the dragons and ariamis ( for giving them a home) and might actually make him a core boss in the game.

I hope to hear opinions and comments in relation to all my theories. I hope you all have a grossly incandescent day filled with jolly-o cooperation.

-Juudan
Image
User avatar
juudan
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 11:01 pm
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: JuudanTheMugetsu

Advertisement

Re: Dark Souls 2 -Plot Theory- (IMO)

Postby HazelrahFiver » Fri May 24, 2013 10:02 am

I don't mean to nitpick your post, because I enjoyed reading through it, but just a couple of things:

Ice Dragon? In fact, there is no ice in the game, only Crystal, which is not the same. The crystallization gives Seath immortality akin to having scales, like the rest of his kind. However, one could even say this crystallization is stronger than scales, so long as a person does not find the Crystal and break it (as we do in the game). Seath is truly immortal until then, but the Prologue vid shows the remainder of the Dragons being torn apart.

It's unconfirmed who Priscilla's mother is (and her father too, actually). The best theory is that Seath is the father, but we don't actually know for sure - Priscilla could merely be an experiment. I follow the belief that Seath is the father, and that Gwynevere is the mother, meaning that she is half-lord, not human. However, there have also been suggestions that it is in fact a human female that is her mother, perhaps one of the Cthulhu-heads located in the Duke's Archives prison tower. We don't really know, so she could be any combination of dragon, human, lord, or experiment.

I hate to say it, but I'm also not convinced that the castle we see in the gameplay video is the painted world. The castle seems much large and more expansive, even accounting for time and war breaking pieces down. I really think it's just another castle because, it's a From game, and they love their castles.
DkS Lore and PvP: http://www.youtube.com/user/HazelrahFirefly/videos

Saturday-Saint wrote:Demon's Souls, Spiritual Successor Hydra. Slay one franchise, and two spawn in its place.
HazelrahFiver
 
Posts: 1749
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:40 am
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: HazelrahFiver

Re: Dark Souls 2 -Plot Theory- (IMO)

Postby juudan » Fri May 24, 2013 11:03 am

When you present it that way, everything you said makes sense. oh and my bad, I meant to say crystal dragon, not ice. And also I meant to say that Priscilla is metaphorically Seaths' daughter, I also found very interesting the whole gwynevere possibly being her mother. And yes software can be random with all the castle and lore, but I strongly believe that ariamis,seath, and velka have a strong connection with dark souls 2.
Image
User avatar
juudan
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 11:01 pm
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: JuudanTheMugetsu

Re: Dark Souls 2 -Plot Theory- (IMO)

Postby HazelrahFiver » Fri May 24, 2013 9:25 pm

The woman we have been shown - my gut reaction is to think her Velka as well, with the feather involved.

As far as Seath is concerned, if you believe, as I do, that the game will be an actual sequel, and not a prequel, then it would seem strange for him to be involved. Since he is killed. That is of course, unless you prescribe to the King's Field theory. This being that Seath is not a Dragon at all, but a man who experimented upon himself to become a dragon, through crystallization. That's the detail-less version, but it would open an avenue for either another person to follow that man's works and continue behaving as Seath, or to have the true Seath involved in this next game. I prefer the latter, because I am desperately hoping for an appearance from Guyra (the original "villain" of the King's Field games).
DkS Lore and PvP: http://www.youtube.com/user/HazelrahFirefly/videos

Saturday-Saint wrote:Demon's Souls, Spiritual Successor Hydra. Slay one franchise, and two spawn in its place.
HazelrahFiver
 
Posts: 1749
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:40 am
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: HazelrahFiver

Re: Dark Souls 2 -Plot Theory- (IMO)

Postby Bahd_Monkey » Fri May 24, 2013 11:42 pm

HazelrahFiver wrote:That is of course, unless you prescribe to the King's Field theory. This being that Seath is not a Dragon at all, but a man who experimented upon himself to become a dragon, through crystallization. That's the detail-less version...

I'm certainly not an expert on the lore, but going through the Archives I always thought Seath had been a man that through lots of research turned himself into a dragon. I just couldn't imagine a dragon being able to fly through that library, and be able to read any of those human sized books!
F da Sun... UMBASA BABY!!!
Bahd_Monkey
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:46 pm
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: Bahd_Monkey

Re: Dark Souls 2 -Plot Theory- (IMO)

Postby HazelrahFiver » Sat May 25, 2013 6:50 am

Bahd_Monkey wrote:I'm certainly not an expert on the lore, but going through the Archives I always thought Seath had been a man that through lots of research turned himself into a dragon. I just couldn't imagine a dragon being able to fly through that library, and be able to read any of those human sized books!


The game never actually says that. It states that he is a scaleless Dragon who turns against his own kind. It never even clearly states why he does such lol.
However, it makes the most sense, especially with King's Field in consideration. There is a true Seath that exists, but who has not been heard from since KF2. In KF3 a man attempts to turn himself into this Seath through experiments. In DkS we see a Dragon that for some unknown reason does not grow immortal-scales. Could that reason be because he is not actually a dragon in the first place, and the scales can only be grown by the true creatures? DkS' Seath is also quick to dispose of his kind, work with humanoids, and perform countless experiments, including one that makes him immortal. Sounds like a perfect fit to me... but as I said, the game doesn't actually confirm this at any point, so it is considered speculation.
DkS Lore and PvP: http://www.youtube.com/user/HazelrahFirefly/videos

Saturday-Saint wrote:Demon's Souls, Spiritual Successor Hydra. Slay one franchise, and two spawn in its place.
HazelrahFiver
 
Posts: 1749
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:40 am
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: HazelrahFiver

Re: Dark Souls 2 -Plot Theory- (IMO)

Postby BertoSan » Mon May 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Dark Souls original trailers and things of the like didn't really have a STORY blatantly said either. In fact, the game itself tells the story through lore and items more than it does through actual discussions with characters. You learn history, current events, many many things from simply the items you pick up a long the way. Of course, most of the story you learn from Dark Souls is purely speculative, no matter which direction you choose to follow. There were some who believe that Gwynevere is not an actual person, but a holograph type of being designed for no other purpose than to symbolize or personify the brilliance and light of Anor Londo (This would be why anor londo goes dark when you kill her).

I personally don't want to speculate on Dark Souls 2 story because even when the game launches, I'm hoping it's the same IMPLIED story and not a told story. I love theorizing on the plot by piecing together the different items you find in the game.
Image

<IRC User> I wonder how long you'll last in this community Berto.
<IRC User> Probably not for long.


[13:02] <@IRC User> I've pretty much been trained to expect somebody to be kicked when berto says "..."
BertoSan
Sir Warns-A-Lot
Sir Warns-A-Lot
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Dark Souls 2 -Plot Theory- (IMO)

Postby juudan » Mon May 27, 2013 11:41 pm

I was considering whether Seath could actually have been human but i discarded it because i was avoiding bringing up King's field or any other game title into my explanation. Although i am surprised no one has talked about Ariamis.
Image
User avatar
juudan
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 11:01 pm
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: JuudanTheMugetsu

Re: Dark Souls 2 -Plot Theory- (IMO)

Postby BertoSan » Tue May 28, 2013 12:26 pm

juudan wrote:I was considering whether Seath could actually have been human but i discarded it because i was avoiding bringing up King's field or any other game title into my explanation. Although i am surprised no one has talked about Ariamis.


If you're going to discuss lore and things of the like in FROM Software games, it's definitely safe to bring up other FROM software games as explanations because developers will often times include situations or items simply because it's from another one of their games.
Image

<IRC User> I wonder how long you'll last in this community Berto.
<IRC User> Probably not for long.


[13:02] <@IRC User> I've pretty much been trained to expect somebody to be kicked when berto says "..."
BertoSan
Sir Warns-A-Lot
Sir Warns-A-Lot
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Dark Souls 2 -Plot Theory- (IMO)

Postby sleepyydwarf » Wed May 29, 2013 5:19 pm

a lot ppl keep pulling out the ariamis idea because of that scene in the trailer that somewhat resembles the painting. i think its a bit of a stretch personally but would not be disappointed if it were the case. speculation also abounds that the game will take place in "the north" which is where the undead asylum is located.
sleepyydwarf
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 4:13 pm
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: sleepyydwarf

Re: Dark Souls 2 -Plot Theory- (IMO)

Postby Ephexis » Wed May 29, 2013 9:19 pm

sleepyydwarf wrote:a lot ppl keep pulling out the ariamis idea because of that scene in the trailer that somewhat resembles the painting. i think its a bit of a stretch personally but would not be disappointed if it were the case. speculation also abounds that the game will take place in "the north" which is where the undead asylum is located.

actually the game is supposed to be in the south iirc

let me see if i can find the article that stated that I'll edit my post
Image
edgemaster wrote:If the casuals get the sniffles :cry:, then I got a whole case of tissues to hand out.


Alara78 wrote:eat some grass and tank that shit.
User avatar
Ephexis
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:13 am
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: Ephexis18

Re: Dark Souls 2 -Plot Theory- (IMO)

Postby BertoSan » Thu May 30, 2013 9:10 pm

Ephexis wrote:
sleepyydwarf wrote:a lot ppl keep pulling out the ariamis idea because of that scene in the trailer that somewhat resembles the painting. i think its a bit of a stretch personally but would not be disappointed if it were the case. speculation also abounds that the game will take place in "the north" which is where the undead asylum is located.

actually the game is supposed to be in the south iirc

let me see if i can find the article that stated that I'll edit my post


The asylum is located in the south.

The legend says that the fateful undead Will travel North to Lordran.
Image

<IRC User> I wonder how long you'll last in this community Berto.
<IRC User> Probably not for long.


[13:02] <@IRC User> I've pretty much been trained to expect somebody to be kicked when berto says "..."
BertoSan
Sir Warns-A-Lot
Sir Warns-A-Lot
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Dark Souls 2 -Plot Theory- (IMO)

Postby HazelrahFiver » Fri May 31, 2013 9:35 am

BertoSan wrote:
Ephexis wrote:
sleepyydwarf wrote:a lot ppl keep pulling out the ariamis idea because of that scene in the trailer that somewhat resembles the painting. i think its a bit of a stretch personally but would not be disappointed if it were the case. speculation also abounds that the game will take place in "the north" which is where the undead asylum is located.

actually the game is supposed to be in the south iirc

let me see if i can find the article that stated that I'll edit my post


The asylum is located in the south.

The legend says that the fateful undead Will travel North to Lordran.


I don't want to swoop in here but, it's called the Northern Undead Asylum. This has no true bearing on which direction the birdie takes you however. Just because you are in the Northern Asylum that doesn't mean that Lordran couldn't be located North of there. It's an unknown quantity, because the Asylums could be constructed not on the cardinal outskirts of Lordran, but in a separate place altogether, like an island to the south Lordran.

That said, it's always been my belief that the Asylum is North of Lordran, and we do in fact travel in a Southernly direction to arrive at Lordran. It just sorta make sense, and give credence to naming it the North Asylum in the first place.
DkS Lore and PvP: http://www.youtube.com/user/HazelrahFirefly/videos

Saturday-Saint wrote:Demon's Souls, Spiritual Successor Hydra. Slay one franchise, and two spawn in its place.
HazelrahFiver
 
Posts: 1749
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:40 am
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: HazelrahFiver

Re: Dark Souls 2 -Plot Theory- (IMO)

Postby sleepyydwarf » Fri May 31, 2013 4:06 pm

i agree with this. i also don't think that ariamis is an area that exists within the normal Dark Souls universe. It is a place out of time and space imo. a place that all those who are "misunderstood" can live in peace.
sleepyydwarf
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 4:13 pm
Country: United States (us)
PSN Name: sleepyydwarf

Re: Dark Souls 2 -Plot Theory- (IMO)

Postby BertoSan » Fri May 31, 2013 10:23 pm

HazelrahFiver wrote:
I don't want to swoop in here but, it's called the Northern Undead Asylum. This has no true bearing on which direction the birdie takes you however. Just because you are in the Northern Asylum that doesn't mean that Lordran couldn't be located North of there. It's an unknown quantity, because the Asylums could be constructed not on the cardinal outskirts of Lordran, but in a separate place altogether, like an island to the south Lordran.

That said, it's always been my belief that the Asylum is North of Lordran, and we do in fact travel in a Southernly direction to arrive at Lordran. It just sorta make sense, and give credence to naming it the North Asylum in the first place.


Mah bad, got it backwards lol. The undead are corralled to the north. Mistaken. Haha.
Image

<IRC User> I wonder how long you'll last in this community Berto.
<IRC User> Probably not for long.


[13:02] <@IRC User> I've pretty much been trained to expect somebody to be kicked when berto says "..."
BertoSan
Sir Warns-A-Lot
Sir Warns-A-Lot
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 6:10 pm


Return to Dark Souls 2 Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

  • Advertisement