Getting Backstabbed/chained?

All things related to Dark Souls Online

Re: Backstabs

Postby Clarkie13D » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:43 pm

I could watch that Kiln vid a thousand times and not learn a thing.
Maybe it's old age.....
:(
I should be workin.....
Clarkie13D

PSN Name: Clarkie13b & Oolan

Advertisement

Postby mikeesf » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:06 pm

The thing about watching those video's for me is adding things that I can perform. I was at this stage in ds I couldn't bs at all, someone very good at pvp helped me to learn a few bs techniques once I got that down I least had the option to attempt. I look at a duel and always look for an opportunity to punish the opponent when they make a mistake. Sometimes I look to bs, sometimes I will chain if the person is annoying or I don't like them from previous invasions and sometimes I don't bs at all. Straight up duels are very enjoyable sometimes but I would find a practice partner and incorporate them into some duels for practice
mikeesf

PSN Name: mikeesf,naturalordermage

Postby Kokurokoki » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:42 pm

I can help you out with backstabbing if you want. I can proudly say that I've mastered the locked-BS and counter-BS in EWGF's video.

Best method for BS training.

1. Obtain 99+ humanity
2. Enter the Darkroot Forest
3. Get invaded by Forest Hunters
4. Fight and die using only BS until you get good or until your ragequit the game and snap your disc in half.

You will either..
A) Master the art of Locked-BS, which is the most common type of BS used by players. Then proceed to own 90% of the time against whoever is not lagging terribly and tries to initiate BS.

OR

B) Realize how utterly pointless and ridiculous backstabs are.

OR

C) BOTH A and B.

Am I not allowed to post my PSN? XD
Kokurokoki

Postby plaintomato » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:17 pm

I've got B down. Now I need A.

You can post your own PSN I guess. I'm xoverzero on PSN and I'd friend anyone who says they are from this forum. If your PSN is close to your forum name I think I've run into you. I run a 48/14/48/24/24/11/8/30 SL125 cleric 90% of the time.

The only things I complain about are BSes during bow or initial buff, pre-patch Fog and TWoP (moot point now), and people who complain about anything else. All else is fair and admirable, including jumping me or BSing me to death...if you can.
plaintomato

Postby Aoineko13 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:21 pm

You may always post your own id, and many of us do. just look at our sigs.
DeS AN : Aoineko13 : 125 Spellsword, 119 BBS, 140 ToBSwordRedeemed
Blue's DkS Builds: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=15049
"oh its 1 hand, whatever....HOLY FUCK WHERES MY SC???" - Kabralius
Aoineko13

PSN Name: Aoineko13

Re: Getting Backstabbed/chained?

Postby mmghouse » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:31 pm

Unlocked.

Note from "mmghouse"
 As for the rule on PSN/XBL IDs, you can identify anybody's FORUM name (even if it coincides with their ID), your own ID and, in tourney-organizing settings, list people's IDs and describe their tourney behavior if they have clearly consented to your use of them (by asking to sign up and identifying the ID to you openly on the forum). Aside from this, for the most part, just don't mention other people by their ID. Sometimes people try to skate around this by using an ID nickname or abbreviation, but that's not actually allowed. Nothing that would allow people to readily determine what ID you are really referring to. Thanks. 
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby plaintomato » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:35 pm

Well, I built me a vitality gouge so if you see a dude running around with a bunch of HP trying to BS you but sucking at it...hi! At least I think I pretty much nailed a good vitality gouge build...it's feeling surprisingly viable for PVP in general and should keep me alive a little longer while I fail backstabs.
plaintomato

Postby Kamon142 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:32 am

The anti chain tactic I use most for when I even get bs'd is by rolling towards them. Only time it doesnt work is when it's laggy, like against Japanese....or when they move backwards to bs me where I land. Only one person has ever done that to me, they expected me to roll back and just moved to the spot I'd end up. I think I died. :shock:
Kamon142

PSN Name: Kamon142, Celestial-Souls, and Atherol.

Postby Kamon142 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:55 am

Oh and just to put this in here. I learned alot in the forest. On my first character I spent hours and hours there to get souls. After I started making toons and such, I still just hang on the hill before the cat and wait for people to invade. That's where I train most of the time, especialy anti bs and chain, although after 400+ hours of pure pvp, and another 200 or so mixed. I have it down to just reaction at this point. :? Even if that isn't that long compared to some, I got the game less than a year ago. Sorry for the long and kinda random speech. :o
Kamon142

PSN Name: Kamon142, Celestial-Souls, and Atherol.

Postby zampella » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:10 pm

my conlcusion: luck is mostly everything in pvp when you pass a certain skill level with the dark souls p2p online system.

for me it took ages to see get the running bs when ( you know when someone runs towards you, you swing to hit him with the tip of your washing pole and suddenly he is behind you and boom-> BS. Now i got it, anticipate the lag, run towards someone, and hit r1 while still 10 feet away, against people who share the same knowledge the game ends in pointless bsing eachother withouth dealing damage. against people not knowing this, you simply win.

The other thing was the roll bs, this even took me much longer to "get" it.
Pivot Bs i never really understood what it is and I still don't, I guess it's when you circle someone and he countercircles you and boom out of nowhere -> BS.

now knowing all this, it just gets down to lag, when i play a european player fights are fun, south america or japan sucks hard, because it's a huge amount luck and a small amount of lag anticipation.

chain bs is still cheap, for me it works best to stand up and wait half a second then roll backwards (backflip or backroll with facing the cheapshot)
zampella

PSN Name: Sarge_D

Postby onewithout » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:09 pm

zampella wrote:Pivot Bs i never really understood what it is and I still don't, I guess it's when you circle someone and he countercircles you and boom out of nowhere -> BS

I think you just described counter-BS. Pivot BS is walking/running behind your opponent (unlocked) and turning your character about face to R1 immediately. While standing still, flick L3 in the opposite direction you are facing to make your character turn or "pivot" around...
onewithout

PSN Name: bossmanrosss

Postby FirAvain » Wed May 02, 2012 1:44 am

Pep, Thx to u much! Great videos!
Sleeping is nothing, farming is everything!
FirAvain

PSN Name: FirAvain

Previous

Return to Online