Method to co-op with friends

All things related to Dark Souls Online

Re: Method to co-op with friends

Postby CthulhuChile666 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:12 am

Anor Londo is so active, freidn co-op becomes difficult. Fails were often because someone else had summoned from the sign first.

It remains a hit and miss procedure but my experience suggests a connection with the business of the area for co-op generally and the increaed wait before a successful summon. Now Londo yeaterday, we couldn't connect at all. Catacombs the day before, almost instant

One connected, a death or a success generally wont pull you off the same server path, and you often dont need to cycle the sign.

I've found that the wait is worth it personlly, when you now its yr bud who's got your back, will protect you from phantoms, and stick to the shotgun position, and coordinate a teamwork approach to all the obstacles.

On the other hand, are we comparing casual sex to marital relations? sex is sex. co-op is great. did a few rounds in Painted tonight.
What is best? To crush enemies, to see them driven before you, to hear the lamentations of the women...
CthulhuChile666

PSN Name: CthulhuChile

Advertisement

Postby b0bb1ns » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:53 pm

I just tried coop with a friend for the first time and it worked flawlessly every time. We're only a few miles away geographically, so I don't know if that guarantees (or makes it more likely) we're on the same server, but every time I placed a sign it turned up in his game within a few seconds and summoning never failed. We did it 8 or 9 times in different areas.

So is my experience unusual or has the patch fixed coop with friends for everyone?
PSN id: stever
b0bb1ns

Postby pep-pock1 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:27 pm

the best method imo to co-op / pvp is actually:

1. spam white sign until they see your sign

2. then re-drop once more let it sit or swap out to red soul sign then let it sit
pep-pock1

Postby mmghouse » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:05 am

Does spamming red sign work just as well as white for getting people to see your sign? Has anyone tested this.
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby mankind » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:44 am

mmghouse wrote:Does spamming red sign work just as well as white for getting people to see your sign? Has anyone tested this.

yes, i have tested this with a friend, works great.
mankind

Postby pep-pock1 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:24 am

mmghouse wrote:Does spamming red sign work just as well as white for getting people to see your sign? Has anyone tested this.

this is what we used to do in the chats spam red sign

but it works alot slower

white signs seem to "refresh" more often and thats why most of us spam white then red once host can see the sign
pep-pock1

Postby JustAndrewGreece » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:55 am

i said it hyndrends times and i'm seek of tired of hearing people that co od dont work!
CO OP DOES WORK!!!

because this game is open platform and we can play with all people around the world the host can see a specific amount of
signs per time,. you cant see 20 signs all once for example
so drop your sign and wait(the game has a delay), after 2-3 sometimes 5 minutes you will find your friend sign
if not just redrop a couple of times, within 10 minutes mostly your co op is ready even at places like anor londo and kiln
it is because the game is open platform and the japan dudes are millions, :D :D

i have hundreds co op with my friends and i can confirm this
Forgive Me Father As I Have Sinned
JustAndrewGreece

PSN Name: JustAndrewGreece - KOKE27

Postby MeMcDee » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:10 am

Well I am glad there's a chance that it works. But, it's kind of funny that the reason it didn't work before very well was because the lobbies were too small, now it's because they are too big. Just struck me as funny is all. :?
I saw you standing there, smiling and I just had to wipe that smile off your face...with my sword.
MeMcDee

PSN Name: abcdee3d

Postby Shtyx » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:58 am

MeMcDee wrote:Well I am glad there's a chance that it works.

IT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORKS...sheesh.
Shtyx

PSN Name: shtyx

Postby MeMcDee » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:44 pm

Shtyx wrote:

Ok, maybe for you and maybe for others, but I've read lots of ways to get it to work, tried and failed most of the time. Sheeesh yourself. It isn't a sure thing, for God's sake. I'm so happy for you that it works. It does not work for everybody. It is a workaround when it does. It is not the way it should work and it should not be work to be able to do it, it's a game. Even people that can get it to work, say it does not always and so on. What's so hard to understand about this?

And I was replying to a specific post where the person said that it works but may not work right away or easily because of the millions (?) of Japanese players in the larger lobbies. It is funny because the problems pre-patch were because game lobbies were so small that many were empty, now they are apparently too full, so there are too many people trying to be summoned. Not my experience. Lucky if there's 3 or 4 signs anywhere and most summonings fail-I'm not the only one saying this.

I was making a joke of the post, but since your game is so all-fired awesome I'd think you wouldn't have an opportunity to follow my posts around :D . I'm not saying it does not work for other people, but tell it to the guys I've tried to coop with so I could help them. Personally, I have now over 900 random coop sessions.
I saw you standing there, smiling and I just had to wipe that smile off your face...with my sword.
MeMcDee

Postby JustAndrewGreece » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:53 am

MeMcDee wrote:
Shtyx wrote:

Ok, maybe for you and maybe for others, but I've read lots of ways to get it to work, tried and failed most of the time. Sheeesh yourself. It isn't a sure thing, for God's sake. I'm so happy for you that it works. It does not work for everybody. It is a workaround when it does. It is not the way it should work and it should not be work to be able to do it, it's a game. Even people that can get it to work, say it does not always and so on. What's so hard to understand about this?

And I was replying to a specific post where the person said that it works but may not work right away or easily because of the millions (?) of Japanese players in the larger lobbies. It is funny because the problems pre-patch were because game lobbies were so small that many were empty, now they are apparently too full, so there are too many people trying to be summoned. Not my experience. Lucky if there's 3 or 4 signs anywhere and most summonings fail-I'm not the only one saying this.

I was making a joke of the post, but since your game is so all-fired awesome I'd think you wouldn't have an opportunity to follow my posts around :D . I'm not saying it does not work for other people, but tell it to the guys I've tried to coop with so I could help them. Personally, I have now over 900 random coop sessions.

i dont say that it works as should be, it should be easier, yes i agree
all i say there are tricks and methods y can perform and find a solution to your problem
i help over 100 speific people and we co oped, it took us some time but i never failed help a mate
just try learn how spaming your sign works, its how we do tournaments too :)
JustAndrewGreece

Postby MeMcDee » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Andrew, I do know about spamming a sign. I use it and it is sometimes successful, sometimes not, often you get a notice that summoning failed. This is what I am saying. It's fast, sometimes. But, takes a lot of time at other times. And, sometimes it just doesn't work. It makes it just frustrating. And, I have more time to do this than a lot of other people.

I have cooped with over 900 people, most of it random. I think it probably took me less time to do that (and sometimes I had to wait), than for you to coop with friends.

Some say RSS drops are more quick to be seen and thought to create a connection, so that sometimes people then drop their WSS, but I've also heard the opposite. Some say spam repeatedly, some say wait a few or 15 or 30 or more seconds between drops. Some say do this for 15 minutes, some say do this for an hour. Some say don't spam at all and let your sign sit there. Some say dance and jump up and down in front of flying pigs and it will work every time.

(Well, to be serious here, there may be more Japanese players playing the game, but Japanese buyers bought less than half the copies bought in North America alone. Numbered in the hundreds of thousands.)
MeMcDee

Postby JustAndrewGreece » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:44 am

MeMcDee wrote:Andrew, I do know about spamming a sign. I use it and it is sometimes successful, sometimes not, often you get a notice that summoning failed. This is what I am saying. It's fast, sometimes. But, takes a lot of time at other times. And, sometimes it just doesn't work. It makes it just frustrating. And, I have more time to do this than a lot of other people.

I have cooped with over 900 people, most of it random. I think it probably took me less time to do that (and sometimes I had to wait), than for you to coop with friends.

Some say RSS drops are more quick to be seen and thought to create a connection, so that sometimes people then drop their WSS, but I've also heard the opposite. Some say spam repeatedly, some say wait a few or 15 or 30 or more seconds between drops. Some say do this for 15 minutes, some say do this for an hour. Some say don't spam at all and let your sign sit there. Some say dance and jump up and down in front of flying pigs and it will work every time.

(Well, to be serious here, there may be more Japanese players playing the game, but Japanese buyers bought less than half the copies bought in North America alone. Numbered in the hundreds of thousands.)

you get the delay thing that's why you get fail
sometimes you see a previous sign , the phantom had redropped but you see the previous one , that's why y get fail
i'll just say what it works for me
i'll spam until my friend says he saw me(swiching between lobbies), after that i wait him summon me, 99% it will get fail because he saw my previous sign, after that i go do a different locasion and place, since he saw me once he will see me again now, it has a delay , we wait and we co op, it works fine, that how i coop every day and that's how i have organised 2 tournaments at dark souls. but maybe its just me, i just try explain my method to help more people
as for versions m8, dont compare the japans with americans. japan users are far by far more than america. i had all version of demon's souls , i had twice the traffic of america at japan servers, and there are not only japan, count asian , korean too. trust me on this Japan korean, asian > america+europe together, so if you cont korean and asian copies too they might outnumber the american copies( american copies are much from europe too, since europe version of demon's souls was a ghost town and epic fail imo, so small traffic and the copies were a spesific number of black phantom edit, epic fail )
JustAndrewGreece

Postby MeMcDee » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:07 am

Andrew, with all due respect, there is a difference between Japanese (and Asian) copies sold and players that are playing.

The info is that they were on track to sell way more copies of Dark Souls in North America - than were sold in Japan and Asia, almost twice as many copies to be sold in NA as Japan and Asia together. More were sold in Europe as well. There may be more Japanese players playing it (or, it may just seem like it because it is far easier to coop with them and they invade more). And not talking about Demon's Souls here.

Demon's Souls sold about 200,000 copies in Japan (of course to others all over the place as well as Japan including Europe and NA) and sold 500,000 copies (at least) of the NA version (bought by people all over the place, not just NA). And the NA DeS games were very busy. All the time. The Asian ones may have been busier, but NA was busy enough.

Demon's Souls was always active and I never had a problem seeing a friend's summoning sign or having a friend see mine.

Just recently had it fail in Dark Souls. I wasn't spamming, person saw it, summoned me, failed. I had had it sitting there for more than 30 seconds when he saw it, so if he was seeing the sign I set down before, then something's really strange.

At other times, the sign is just never seen, or it takes forever for someone to see it and then it fails. That's frustrating. At some times, it works easily. It just is that you shouldn't have to work for this.

I'm glad it works mostly for you. I'm glad it works better than it did. I just wish it worked better.
MeMcDee

Postby LightningCountLC » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:04 pm

I have been successful with doing a 10sec drop for ppl on my friends list to see my ss and summon me and vice-versa. I have also encountered the repeated “failed to summon” message while trying this get this method to work and the best remedy I have found is to restart or have your friend restart. Reminds me of DS where you would randomly get kicked off the server and have to reload; although, in DKS I have encountered repeated Failed summoning’s and ppl failing to invade me while still being able to see messages and signs. Only after quitting the game completely and reloading (just reloading didn’t work half the time) was I able to summon or be summoned/ invaded. I agree with MeMcDee as this process shouldn’t be so random and frustrating at times to do a simple coop session but I hope reloading will help with the failed attempts as it has with me.

PSN:LightningCountLC, LightningCount_, GraveRave, DaddyMIke_,Retlaww
Email: [email protected]
LightningCountLC

Postby MeMcDee » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:29 am

It's funny what sometimes ends up working, but man, it's not consistent. Sometimes, just letting it sit there seems to work. Other times spamming like crazy. And other times, slow spamming. I wish it would make up its mind. :)

And I agree with the restart-it may help to put you into a better zone....or re-establish a connection.
MeMcDee

Postby mmghouse » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:44 pm

There's some possibility that some of the information on this post is incorrect, if only due to the testing done on the PC that someone posted around here some time back. Feel free to discuss whether this sticky accurately captures the best way to co-op or whether anything about it has been debunked. Reopened.
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby Kamon142 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:52 pm

You spam it until they see it, and they tell you to stop when they do. You can do it as fast as you can or more like every 10 seconds or so. If the summoning fails then just put the sign one more time and it should work. Spam has always worked for me, but sometimes 10 seconds or so might be better. Sometimes it works in under a minute, sometimes like 5. But almost never more.
Kamon142

PSN Name: Kamon142, Celestial-Souls, and Atherol.

Previous

Return to Online