Optimized Armor Combos

Discuss the multiple items and magic and miracle abilities of Lordran.

Re: Optimized PTD armor combos

Postby Jman1988 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Thanks for the numbers, Dido. Using numbers off of wikidot, it seems that Stone Armor + LB Gauntlets should weigh more and give less in all defenses, compared to Giant Gauntlets + Giant Leggings (assuming Maiden Skirt on the former combo, and Dingy Robes on the latter).

Using those same numbers, Havel's Leggings + LB Gauntlets weigh considerably more than Havel's Gauntlets + HWW (1.4 more, to be exact). The former combo also has less in all defenses, except by fire (the margin of its advantage and disadvantages are small).

So it looks like LB Gauntlets are shit out of luck. It's really not surprising, considering their poise efficiency is borderline offensive, AND they can't pair up with the efficient fundamentals.

I looked at Hawkeye Gough's set, and none of its pieces seem to be able to fit into an optimized set. Same goes for Artorias Set and LB Set. I haven't looked at Chester's Set yet, but I did take a quick look at the Guardian Set. There are a couple of notes of interest.

A) In combos that involve Stone Gauntlets or Stone Leggings, you can substitute said pieces with Guardian Gauntlets or Guardian Leggings, based on whether you need more magic defense or fire defense.

B) I haven't seen exactly how defense/weight efficient it is, but it looks like PTD may after all be able to contribute SOMETHING to the list after all: Guardian Armor (with Wolf Ring).

*edit* I took a glance at Chester's Set, and it sucks. It's upgraded with Twinkling Titanite. Nuff said.
Jman1988

Advertisement

Postby zombie_iguana » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:44 pm

mmghouse wrote:Some of the buffs and nerfs are starting to sound like, underneath it all, poise got nerfed, too. I say this because two of the biggest things poise is used for are: running through a hit to land a backstab (and now crits and hornet got nerfed) and avoiding stunlock long enough to stun someone else with your hits (and now some of the biggest culprits like greatswords may have a harder time stunlocking altogether). I can't say for sure because things are really still just trickling in, but this could have the effect of forcing people to weigh between making the end/ring sacrifice and settling for less poise. 42 might become a new landmark if 56 stunlocks aren't as manageable, especially with toggle escape. I haven't heard anything on MLGS yet, though.

I was rather hoping that poise would get a more significant and explicit nerf. In my experience, a good portion of the things that annoy me about DkS PvP would be obviated if poise were not such a huge factor (ie, BS fishing in DkS, heavy armor choices, etc). But then, I've never been a fan of poise. As I see it, armor should provide protection from damage and not some sort of magical manner in which to avoid the consequences of being hit (besides damage, of course). But I recognize that mine is a minority opinion, and off topic to boot.

I apologize for using this thread as a personal soapbox:)...
zombie_iguana

Postby Jman1988 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:14 pm

Whoops, haha. Forgot updating this thread, until zombie posted. I thought up a couple more combos, and it turns out Guardian Armor (with Wolf Ring) is actually really powerful. It almost entirely invalidates Black Iron Gauntlets + Black Iron Leggings (with Wolf Ring).

I was thinking about including a section for optimized thorns combos, but I'm not sure how I should go about it.

Should I just follow this up with a post listing them? It could make it hard to notice.

Should I add them to the OP? The OP is pretty large as it is.

Should I make a new thread called "Optimized PTD Thorns combos"? That could make it inconvenient to search, if someone wants to see thorns and non-thorns combos.
Jman1988

Postby Juli » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:36 pm

Jman1988 wrote:Whoops, haha. Forgot updating this thread, until zombie posted. I thought up a couple more combos, and it turns out Guardian Armor (with Wolf Ring) is actually really powerful. It almost entirely invalidates Black Iron Gauntlets + Black Iron Leggings (with Wolf Ring).

I was thinking about including a section for optimized thorns combos, but I'm not sure how I should go about it.

Should I just follow this up with a post listing them? It could make it hard to notice.

Should I add them to the OP? The OP is pretty large as it is.

Should I make a new thread called "Optimized PTD Thorns combos"? That could make it inconvenient to search, if someone wants to see thorns and non-thorns combos.

Make a new post with new information when you update it, and also add that information to the OP. Organize your post with spoiler tags (probably one tag for each breakpoint?) so you can expand and collapse sections of the post.
Juli

PSN Name: TalentedJuli

Postby Jman1988 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:36 pm

Yeah, I always update the OP when I come up with ideas I share in the thread. I was getting around to it after my post indicating I was testing out Guardian (with Wolf Ring), but then I took an arrow to the knee. I'll use the spoiler tag idea too, the OP is getting cluttered. This will be one edit, including the one of the combos I thought of going in the OP (Giant Armor + Knight Gauntlets). The other combo I thought of goes in my second post in this thread. ;)

I have an idea. I'll make a new thread titled "Optimized PTD Thorns combos", and put a link in there that links directly to this thread, so this thread can contain all the discussion relating to those optimized combos. Then I can just put a link to that thread in the OP, so I don't have to make a huge, messy spoiler (or multiple spoilers) for thorns combos. This will be another edit.
Jman1988

Postby Jman1988 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:09 am

I did the stuff I said I was going to do in the first paragraph of the last post. I included spoiler tags to the OP with the intention of making the OP more digestible, and the belief that the majority of the community will approve of the change. If you feel the changes comes off as too awkward, and are counterproductive to the convenience of reading the OP, let me know.
Jman1988

Postby Atlas » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Gauntlets of Thorns
Hollow Warrior Waistcloth

Wolf Ring?
Atlas

Postby Jman1988 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:40 pm

Atlas wrote:Gauntlets of Thorns
Hollow Warrior Waistcloth

Wolf Ring?

That's already on the list. I'll get the thorns thread published and linked soon, I'm just really distracted.
Jman1988

Postby Atlas » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:41 pm

Sick. Can't wait.
Wasn't sure if you had done any work on it.

Just to make sure I'm not mistaken; the (theorized) advantage to using a piece of Thorns armor is to possibly avoid/cancel back-stabs by causing damage with your roll?
Atlas

Postby mmghouse » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:29 am

Stickied. I'll be unstickying some of the old build posts once the patch comes out, so that should clear some of the clutter.
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby mmghouse » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:07 am

Sorry for the double post, but I have something unrelated to say. If I am not mistaken, PTD may make physical defense more important because the new magic does (all?) physical damage (but maybe has shield leakthrough? idk...). If this is the case, you might want to consider mentioning less orthodox combinations that emphasize physical defense over other forms of defense efficiency. I think PTD might make our old formula less ideal than it used to be. 2-piece poise achievements are primarily designed to eat up two slots with poise-efficiency and use the 3rd slot for the best light piece of armor (generally 0 poise) to equip with what weight is left. This tends to result in substantial increases to magic and lightning (and sometimes fire) for the 3rd piece, filling in an important gap in armor. Maybe I'm overreacting, but if dark magic turns out to be as good as it seems like it might be, and the elemental nerfs are significant, pushing up physical defense at the cost of lower elemental and magic defense might be acceptable. If so, the poise breakpoints may best be met with 3-piece combinations despite some minor weight increases over two-poise sets because those increases will simply reflect the cost of a 0-poise 3rd piece. I could be dead wrong, of course.

Here is my example: giants/catarina/hollow soldier is not mentioned as an ideal 53 poise setup, but I would offer that it might become one of the best setups. At 24.8 lbs, it weighs relatively little for its defense and poise. 1.2 less than dingy/havel/havel, and about 0.7 less than slapping on a maiden's robe onto havel/knight's. It gets substantially less magic (40!), comparable fire and somewhat less lightning (20ish). However, its physical defense is about 30-40 higher in each category. That could be very useful. (For those who don't like hollow soldier's creepy look, hollow warrior's is also sufficient, poise-wise.)

(Please note, I have made substantial edits to this post so that it could make at least a little bit of sense).
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

Postby Jman1988 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:51 am

@mmg Gun to my head, I would have said that I had a couple more 3-piece combos in my 61+ and 76+ combos than I actually do. I'll try add some in there, (for example, I just thought of Giant/Giant/HWW). I've got nothing against 3-piece combos, and I'm not at all afraid to be unorthodox, but there's a reason that there are "orthodox pieces and combos". Those are just damn good pieces. You know that though, and fair is fair, I haven't looked into them much if I'm only now coming up with Giant/Giant/HWW, though idk how many I'll really come up with.

I'm of the mind that Seekers (or whatever that 2-slot sorcery is called) is non-physical. While I don't know for sure yet, until then, I'm more hesitant to jump ship on Dingy Robe and Maiden Skirt (and I guess Wanderer Manchette). Is the verdict in on dark combustion-like spell? There's a new spell like that, right? Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm beta is making me lose track of some of these PTD shenanigans.
Jman1988

Postby Crab Rangoon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:14 am

mmghouse wrote:If I am not mistaken, PTD may make physical defense more important because the new magic does (all?) physical damage (but maybe has shield leakthrough? idk...).

I've watched streams and videos of players just eating Pursuers and Dark Bead without a care in the world while they have GMB on.

Off-topic: Pretty disappointed with how the spells "sounded like" Phys damage (which would give INT builds a nice kickback from the expansion/patch). SLB + GMB + WOG + Great Heal and 2h R1 spam seems to be pretty popular in the arena.
Saturday-Saint wrote:If somebody said they were a grill, would you give them your raw meat? So they can grill it.
Crab Rangoon

PSN Name: aCrabRangoon

Postby Jman1988 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:37 am

Wow, really, computer?

I had been working on that thorns thread for 4 hours, researching, writing, and revising texts and combos, and my computer derps on me and crashes. I saved my progress via previews, which always worked in the past (when it's really hot in the summer, this piece of crap crashes like it's got Windows 95), but it's not recalling the page where I have a preview. I'm going to restart my writing...

Sorry I'm being really slow about adding the thorns page + link. There's just so much to follow right now. I normally follow politics, and you know how American politics are at its busiest at this kind of time, Now there's Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm beta, Borderlands 2 is coming out really soon... so much awesomeness, so little time! >< And this stupid deletion of what I was typing didn't help... I just finished the 61+ poise combos. :cry:
Jman1988

Postby XYLER » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Hwy Jman earlier today I raged at using fast roll. So I decided to get 31 poise and stay under 25% so I can ninja flip if it gets patched.
Some combos that include good defenses I came up with is as follows
Without dusk crown
Gargoyle helm/chain/iron braclet/HSW
^^credit to valkarieprofail^^^
With dusk crown
CoD/knight/knight/HSW or HWW
Both setups are a little heavier than havel/hww but the physical defenses are in the 300 with ninja flip. With 40ish endurance it leaves you with about 8 units of weapon weight

Also in talking to some of my friends that play on PC they all feel that 53 poise is no longer needed because nothing can infinite stunlock anymore.
XYLER

PSN Name: ALLHAILHK, AHK-HK, HK-AHK-HK(WhaleForce)

Postby Juli » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:23 pm

XYLER wrote:under 25% so I can ninja flip

Dark Souls: Prepare to Why Edition.
Juli

Postby XYLER » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:00 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:
XYLER wrote:under 25% so I can ninja flip

Dark Souls: Prepare to cry Edition.

That's better
XYLER

PSN Name: ALLHAILHK, AHK-HK, HK-AHK-HK(WhaleForce)

Postby Shejken » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:22 am

Can someone please explain the fuss about the Dingy Robe for me? I can't see why anyone would really use.
Also, what is HW?

Thanks in advance,
Shejken
Shejken

PSN Name: JacobNilsson

Postby Juli » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:05 am

Dingy Robe has good defenses. HW is probably Hollow Warrior.
Juli

Postby Jman1988 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:12 am

Shejken wrote:Can someone please explain the fuss about the Dingy Robe for me? I can't see why anyone would really use.
Also, what is HW?

Thanks in advance,
Shejken

HW usually means Hidden Weapon, but I did Citrl+F to look around, and saw that Xyler referred to Hollow Soldier Waistcloth as HW. That was probably a typo, as he should have typed HSW. Check the wikidot's terminology page if any other terms confuse you.

Have you seen Dingy Robes's elemental defense?
Jman1988

Postby The Onceler » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Jman1988 wrote:
Shejken wrote:Can someone please explain the fuss about the Dingy Robe for me? I can't see why anyone would really use.
Also, what is HW?

Thanks in advance,
Shejken

HW usually means Hidden Weapon, but I did Citrl+F to look around, and saw that Xyler referred to Hollow Soldier Waistcloth as HW. That was probably a typo, as he should have typed HSW. Check the wikidot's terminology page if any other terms confuse you.

Have you seen Dingy Robes's elemental defense?

It is nice to see this concise list. I am finding that I am using armor for more defense with less emphasis on poise since I gave up on using the dwgr all together. Painted guardian ( for magic) and pyromancers set are both nice options as well.
Unless...

The Onceler

PSN Name: kingphisher2 alt: Once-Ler_

Postby Belzebuuth » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:10 am

Thank you Jman, this will be very helpful. :)
Belzebuuth

PSN Name: FranZetta | Belzebuuth | FranZebuuth

Postby Jman1988 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:57 am

After a 3 month break, I've finally gotten back to work on this list, and I have made some HUGE changes! On top of a lot of individual changes in a single edit, I significantly altered the framework to make room for another project related to this thread! It's all quite difficult to go over coherently and without losing breath (figuratively speaking). Before I go over specific edits, let me tell you my future plans.

I'm putting the Optimized PTD Thorns Combos thread on hiatus, but for very good reasons. On top of continuous and ridiculous problems with my netbook, I've actually had some formatting problems. That may not be easy to understand now, but it'll become clearer when I tell you what my current projects are: A small thing I'm doing is adding more 3-piece combos if they are appropriately optimized, so that mmghouse will stop nagging and verbally abusing me on the matter with nonstop insulting and threatening messages. Also, I'll FINALLY be adding a 36+ poise table, very soon. The big project I'm going to starting working on this week is a separate list of optimized armors, which I will dub "Optimized PTD Orphan Combos". The name isn't set in stone, but the thread will be catered to players that don't use family masks (hence "orphan") and other 0 poise headpieces that grant special effects. It will contain a list of armor combinations that derive some poise from their headpiece, and some armor combinations that don't (if they can be justified without the help of special headpieces).

Considering all I have just said, you might better understand how the lack of a 36+ poise table and some 3-piece combos was unhelpful towards progress thorns combos. Most importantly though, I was very conflicted on how I should integrate "orphan combos" into the thorns thread, since some combos could end up involving the thorns head. Containing all the orphan combos in one thread could make a lot of clutter for people who are just looking for headless thorns combos, but would it be overkill to categorize orphan combos in ANOTHER sub-thread called "Optimized PTD Orphan Thorns Combos"? The whole premise was becoming too messy to explain or think through without precedent, so I'm going to work on the precedent now, with the Optimized PTD Orphan Combos sub-thread.

I think I'll list the changes in my last edit in another post, in order to avoid making this one too long.
Jman1988

Postby Jman1988 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:57 am

So yeah, I changed the opening paragraph in order to accommodate my future orphan combo thread. Rule 2 had a mention of the most poise/weight efficient headpieces, which is no longer relevant to this thread, so I took it out. I also significantly reduced the number of tips in Rule 3, because a lot of them were relevant to orphan builds (and there was one or two I just didn't like in retrospect). I changed 1a in order to better help communicate the message of the newly revised 1b. Fast rollers are the most prevalent type of build in this game, but mid rolling is still sometimes used in this game. That's not a surprise, but what did surprise me was how many of them equip Wolf Ring, when Havel's Ring would be so much better for their build, even just in terms of poise alone. 1b's old wording was particular to fast rolling, so I changed some wording and added more, in order to speak to these misguided mid rollers directly. Anyway, like I said in my last post, the framework of this thread was significantly altered, with the addition of the sub-thread in mind.

It wasn't a priority at first, but honestly, my 61+ poise table seriously needed some reworking. The descriptions were so lazy compared to other poise tables. Even though I was a bit tired from working on the other tables at the time, that really can't excuse how badly written they were. When it came time to add another two combos to the table, I couldn't think of a way to phrase the purpose/appeal of the combos within the insipid confines of the other descriptions, so I had to overhaul all the descriptions.

I removed several combos from the OP in this edit.
Giant Armor + Giant Gauntlets because they are obsoleted by Giant Armor + Black Iron Gauntlets. I kept Giant Armor + Giant Gauntlets on the list in order to explain to people why they shouldn't aspire for this formerly popular pick in PTD (or patch 1.06, now). I still see it coming up though once in a while, and every time Giant Armor + Black Iron Gauntlets is better for the build. I figure, maybe putting it on the list does a little bit to contribute to its popularity, so rather than explaining why not to use it, I'm taking the combo down. This also declutters the OP.

Havel's Gauntlets + Havel's Leggings for pretty much the same reason as Giant Armor + Giant Gauntlets. Havel's Gauntlets + Havel's Leggings are obsoleted by Havel's Armor + Knight Gauntlets, and I just kept the Havel's Gauntlets + Havel's Leggings on the list to explain why not to use it. Well, I saw someone use it once, which isn't that bad, but my frustration with Giant Armor + Giant Gauntlets kind of spilled over to this. I'm not cluttering the list with armor combos just to explain why not to use them. That sounds pretty stupid in retrospect.

Gargoyle Helm + Havel's Gauntlets + HWW because it'll be transferred to the orphan thread later. Same with Gargoyle Helm + Havel's Armor + HSW. Removing these further necessitated changes to the descriptions of the 61+ poise and 41+ poise tables.

Havel's Armor + Steel Gauntlets because Giant Armor + Havel's Gauntlets makes it a pretty much useless combo. The former combo weighed like 0.1 less, while missing too much defense for the meager weight advantage to be comforting. I think I already knew about this, but it's a testament to how lazily I treated 61+ poise before.

Okay, that's all for now. There are more edits that I intend to do, but that's all for now, literally because I (correctly) feared a very long edit post.
Jman1988

Postby Aoineko13 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 am

Where's the 36 poise section for one hand clay stun avoidance?

I also think this is over simplifying things anyway.
DeS AN : Aoineko13 : 125 Spellsword, 119 BBS, 140 ToBSwordRedeemed
Blue's DkS Builds: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=15049
"oh its 1 hand, whatever....HOLY FUCK WHERES MY SC???" - Kabralius
Aoineko13

PSN Name: Aoineko13

Postby Jman1988 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:37 pm

Aoineko13 wrote:Where's the 36 poise section for one hand clay stun avoidance?

I said it'd be up very soon, I didn't say it was up. When I make non-grammatical changes to the OP, I announce the changes in the thread, since there have been some keen participants that would like to be informed and who themselves have helped me their own good ideas.

Aoineko13 wrote:I also think this is over simplifying things anyway.

What are you talking about?
Jman1988

Postby Aoineko13 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:07 pm

Jman1988 wrote:
Aoineko13 wrote:Where's the 36 poise section for one hand clay stun avoidance?

I said it'd be up very soon, I didn't say it was up. When I make non-grammatical changes to the OP, I announce the changes in the thread, since there have been some keen participants that would like to be informed and who themselves have helped me their own good ideas.

I only skimmed the thread, I must have missed that, sorry.

Jman1988 wrote:

Poise/weight isn't the only thing you should consider when creating optimal armor for your build and weapon layout. You should try to optimize your defenses while meeting your poise goal, and using every last ounce of your remaining equip burden. So just listing optimal armor combinations for each poise break point doesn't mean that it's an optimal combination for someone.

Nearly every armor piece is viable in some situation or another. There are some that are never optimal, but it isn't because they're less poise/pound efficient.

I had a more comprehensive list going back before PTD, but I don't know if any of the numbers changed other then the poise for elite knight armor. That and there are some new armors too.

But if you're going to make a list like this I think it's better to say how items compare for their weight rather then just combos that are light.
DeS AN : Aoineko13 : 125 Spellsword, 119 BBS, 140 ToBSwordRedeemed
Blue's DkS Builds: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=15049
"oh its 1 hand, whatever....HOLY FUCK WHERES MY SC???" - Kabralius
Aoineko13

PSN Name: Aoineko13

Postby DidoRumbus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:38 pm

Jman has considered defences AFAIK. Basically when a set is missing a specific piece, just default to Dingy/Wanderer/Maiden. For example, Eastern Gauntlets alone obviously have terrible defence, but pretty good with Dingy / Maiden and Wolf.

Edit: Mugen has worked in an armour optimizer, but I like this one (http://ispohr.lima-city.de/ds_armor_calc_beta.html). Lets you specify a specific poise threshold, then assign custom weights to defences (i.e. 60% Phys, 20% Mag, 10% Fire, 10% Lgt).
Last edited by DidoRumbus on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DidoRumbus

PSN Name: DidoRumbus

Postby mmghouse » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:39 pm

A lot of those concerns will be addressed by simply adding 3-armor combos as he's promised :)
Aside from that, a simple list of optimal light pieces generally fills in the rest of the blanks (these days, you generally don't have the luxury of upgrading from one heavy piece of armor to the next one, like havel to giant's). A lot can be done with the following short list:

Chest: Dingy, Wanderer, Socerer, Black Sorcerer, Tattered, antiquated
Gloves: Wanderer, Sorcerer, Black Sorcerer, Tattered, antiquated
Legs: Maiden, Black Sorcerer, Tattered

There are plenty of other workable options. Antiquated and black sorcerer get special mention because they have high magic defense and are light enough to fill in small gaps. Dingy Chest or Maiden Legs get you the most for your buck, but they are both heavy. Gloves don't have any amazing outliers.

Edit: Unlike Dido, I wouldn't necessarily default to wanderer gloves. Take a peek at your other defenses to see whether magic defense is especially low. Then you might opt for something else. Wanderer is a nice solid all-around, although it's a little on the heavy side, but it has worse magic defense than a lot of things. Sorcerer or Black sorcerer or antiquated in low-weight situations sometimes make more sense despite lower physical defense, or tattered for a little more fire.

Edit2: Forgot to mention my favorite 36+-poise outfit: Chain+Giant's+HSW. :ugeek:
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

Postby Jman1988 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:16 pm

Aoineko13 wrote:
Jman1988 wrote:

Poise/weight isn't the only thing you should consider when creating optimal armor for your build and weapon layout. You should try to optimize your defenses while meeting your poise goal, and using every last ounce of your remaining equip burden. So just listing optimal armor combinations for each poise break point doesn't mean that it's an optimal combination for someone.

Aoineko13 wrote:But if you're going to make a list like this I think it's better to say how items compare for their weight rather then just combos that are light.

There are some major things wrong with this post. First off, whoever said that poise/weight was the only thing that someone should consider? I never said that, nor do I believe that, which is why I make multiple armor combo recommendations. If I was only concerned about poise/weight efficiency, then I'd only be making one recommendation per table, and they would be the lightest combo possible. Additional recommendations are by definition less poise/weight efficient. Can you even point to one example in this thread where I imply that defenses shouldn't be optimized? Way to strawman me for no discernable reason.

Aoineko13 wrote:Nearly every armor piece is viable in some situation or another. There are some that are never optimal, but it isn't because they're less poise/pound efficient.

I agree that a lot of armor might find their way into some loadout and thus can be viable, but what's the point of mentioning them in the context of completely optimized combos? In that context, why would I recommend Smough's Set, Ornstein's Set, Golem Set, Set of the Great Lord, Set of Artorias, Chester's Set, Witch's Set, Set of Channelers, Adventurer Set, Brass Set, Crimson Set, and some others that are incapable of being more mathematically optimized within themselves or within an optimized set? If you can find a mathematically optimized combo that includes Dark Leggings or Gough's Gauntlets, I promise that those pieces and combos will be featured in the OP.

Aoineko13 wrote:I had a more comprehensive list going back before PTD, but I don't know if any of the numbers changed other then the poise for elite knight armor. That and there are some new armors too.

I'd like to see the combos on that list and compare them to mine. Also, what you're saying here (especially the underlined part) implies that the low number (by your standards) of armor combos are due to a subpar analysis on my part. On the contrary, while there are a few missing combos that I intend to edit in, this list has sifted out a lot of trash combos and not-quite optimized combos. By the way, if there is a list of armor combos out there that feature a lot of DLC armor pieces, that list is NOT mathematically optimized.
Jman1988

PreviousNext

Return to Items, Spells and Miracles