Issues with Knights Honor trophy.

Weapons, shields, armor, and whatever else you can pick up and put in your inventory.

Issues with Knights Honor trophy.

Postby LiamRules55 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Over the break I've been grinding like crazy to try to platinum Dark Souls. I got the magic trophy, miracle trophy, and good ending trophy, all I need is the rare weapons trophy.

Only I've run into a problem. It won't give me the trophy... I've checked wiki lists for all of the weapons needed, I've got all the listed weapons and shields. I've reloaded, tried restarting my PS3. It wont give me the trophy.

So could someone help me out? I'd ask for a BB dupe that could get my the trophy. I've got no clue if will work. I had a BB dupe done before, but I lagged out part way through the dupe and lost a bunch of drops so it wasn't really complete, but I looked back and got the weapons I had missed on my own.

If you can help, leave a reply and we can try to work out a time.
If cats always land on their feet, and buttered toast always lands butter side down, does sticking buttered toast on a cat give us anti-gravity?
LiamRules55

PSN Name: LiamRules55

Advertisement

Re: Issues with Knights Honor trophy.

Postby MeMcDee » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:12 pm

I had a similar problem. I had a BB glitch character that got all rare weapons first and didn't really care about the trophy, but did notice it didn't pop. I had not even used the character for anything other than muling. I worked on playing with my original characters and got all the rare weapons with my other non-bb glitch one. It still would not pop. What I then did was go back into the BB glitch one and start de-ascending some things. I started with shields because as far as weapons I had all the base ones and most rare ones at +0 upgrading.

I've heard others say it was a different shield for them, but for me it was the Effigy Shield that hung it up. On my BB glitch toon it was at +15 and on that toon I had no +0 one. So, when I unascended it and it was at +5 it popped.

It didn't make a difference that I had all rare weapons on another character-the game apparently picked the one it wanted and wouldn't fix it. My fault probably for using the glitch, but I've read where others had no trouble with this.

Take a look at all the shields you have (weapons, too) and see what ones you have no base or un-ascended ones of that you did not get on your own. I don't think it matters if they are upgraded there is probably one that just should not be ascended using a special ember.

At this point I am not sure anything else will help because it seems your game, like mine is stuck on some item. I tried everything before someone suggested it to me and his issue was with a Bloodshield I think. I deleted my game data, restarted the game-tried everything else.
I saw you standing there, smiling and I just had to wipe that smile off your face...with my sword.
MeMcDee

PSN Name: abcdee3d

Postby LiamRules55 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Hmm. Il have to go through my stuff again.

Thanks for the advice.
If cats always land on their feet, and buttered toast always lands butter side down, does sticking buttered toast on a cat give us anti-gravity?
LiamRules55

Postby MeMcDee » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:07 am

LiamRules55 wrote:Hmm. Il have to go through my stuff again.

Thanks for the advice.

Please let us know what works, because this can help others in the future. I know the shield thing has worked for a few people, but I don't know if that's a trend.
I saw you standing there, smiling and I just had to wipe that smile off your face...with my sword.
MeMcDee

Postby Dellusions » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:37 pm

BB glitching from one of us full mules will NOT pop knights honor trophy. It seems that the item must be picked up in un-upgraded form to count, meaning you'd need a +0 of them, not the +5's we all have in our boxes.

I've also been told that downgrading doesn't work for this either, so I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done. The best way to get the trophy is to get the boss souls given to you, and use them to create the weapons. If you are given 2-3 of each soul, the rest can all be done in 1 single playthrough, and it should be done that way.
Dellusions

PSN Name: Dellusions / Dellusionss

Postby HazelrahFiver » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:23 pm

This will seem unnecessary and insulting, but I don't mean it that way. There are a few items that sometimes are overlooked when going for this trophy. I understand there is sometimes an error with this trophy, but I wanted to help out in the only way I could:

Channeler's Trident - this weapon took me longer than anything else in the game to get (after Avelyn, but that isn't a part of the trophy).
Greatsword of Artorias, both versions - You have to use Sif's soul three times in total
Priscilla's Dagger and Moonlight Greatsword - two of the hardest weapons to obtain
Black Knight Greatsword - I originally missed this because the regular sword description uses the term greatsword
The blacksmith hammers
Velka's Rapier - very last weapon I got for the trophy

Good luck. I hope you see a weapon here and realize you require it still. That will make the problem go away :)
HazelrahFiver

PSN Name: HazelrahFiver

Postby MeMcDee » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:03 am

Dellusions wrote:BB glitching from one of us full mules will NOT pop knights honor trophy. It seems that the item must be picked up in un-upgraded form to count, meaning you'd need a +0 of them, not the +5's we all have in our boxes.

I've also been told that downgrading doesn't work for this either, so I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done. The best way to get the trophy is to get the boss souls given to you, and use them to create the weapons. If you are given 2-3 of each soul, the rest can all be done in 1 single playthrough, and it should be done that way.

Not true. Downgrading does work. I posted that it does, because it worked for me. It also has worked for other people (that's where I got the idea to do it). And you need more than boss weapons for the trophy-there are dropped and tail items as well so getting all the boss's souls won't necessarily do it. And if indeed the OP does have everything on one character and some items have been ascended then I would definitely start there. It's way faster than going back and trying to get everything again only to find it still won't pop-that did not work for me.

I got every single item in the game on another non-bb glitch character and it still would not pop. I had to un-ascend a shield. If anyone else has this problem, you may have to un-ascend one or more items in your inventory. If that does not work, you may want to try bringing them to base.

For the record, once again, it was not the fact that my Effigy Shield had been upgraded-it was that it had been ascended. I did not need to bring it back down to base, I needed to bring it back to the un-ascended state, pre-ember use.

Personally, I went over and over and over all of the items I had, certain that I missed something and I had everything. It is easy enough to overlook something and there is no list that is accepted as being 100% accurate on what is needed. I've read so many posts all over the web where someone said that something caused it to pop and someone else said they didn't have the item and got the trophy.

And remember all items must be on one character.
MeMcDee

Postby mmghouse » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:44 am

He may have meant that downgrading the unique, boss-soul-created weapons wouldn't work, not other items like effigy. Tbh idk...
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby iGBx » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:50 pm

HazelrahFiver wrote:This will seem unnecessary and insulting, but I don't mean it that way. There are a few items that sometimes are overlooked when going for this trophy. I understand there is sometimes an error with this trophy, but I wanted to help out in the only way I could:

Channeler's Trident - this weapon took me longer than anything else in the game to get (after Avelyn, but that isn't a part of the trophy).
Greatsword of Artorias, both versions - You have to use Sif's soul three times in total
Priscilla's Dagger and Moonlight Greatsword - two of the hardest weapons to obtain
Black Knight Greatsword - I originally missed this because the regular sword description uses the term greatsword
The blacksmith hammers
Velka's Rapier - very last weapon I got for the trophy

Good luck. I hope you see a weapon here and realize you require it still. That will make the problem go away :)

Those blacksmith hammers are not needed.
iGBx

PSN Name: iGBx

Postby MeMcDee » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:03 pm

mmghouse wrote:He may have meant that downgrading the unique, boss-soul-created weapons wouldn't work, not other items like effigy. Tbh idk...

You must be right and I probably understood wrong...I would figure he'd know you need more than just the boss soul stuff, but it is good to clarify.
MeMcDee

Postby LiamRules55 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:45 pm

MeMcDee wrote:
LiamRules55 wrote:Hmm. Il have to go through my stuff again.

Thanks for the advice.

Please let us know what works, because this can help others in the future. I know the shield thing has worked for a few people, but I don't know if that's a trend.

It worked. Effigy Shield was the one for me that was holding the trophy up.
LiamRules55

Return to Items