Dragon King Great Axe (Need info)

Weapons, shields, armor, and whatever else you can pick up and put in your inventory.

Dragon King Great Axe (Need info)

Postby jpin26 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:51 pm

Ok, I've been pumping all my stats to STR for one of my characters just to see the Dragon King GreatAxe in action.
'Coz right now, I just can't find any videos of it in action.

So if anyone knows where I can watch a player using it.... It would help me determine if all the effort would be worth it.
jpin26

PSN Name: jpin26

Advertisement

Re: Dragon King Great Axe (Need info)

Postby Qwark » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:33 pm

it's not worth it,the base damage might be good but it's slow as hell,eats a lot of stamina,doesn't scale,upgrades cost a lot and there are way better weapons out there.
Qwark

PSN Name: Qwark28

Postby Psiwri » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:35 pm

That said, the R2 attack while 2Handing (which needs only what, 34 strength?) is fun in its own right, and if you're willing to stock on "right hand weapon" repair items its a sustainable option.
Siphelyn: SL 80 Spell/Blade build.
Leare: SL 15 Str build.
Psiwri

PSN Name: Psiwri

Postby jpin26 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:38 pm

Qwark wrote:it's not worth it,the base damage might be good but it's slow as hell,eats a lot of stamina,doesn't scale,upgrades cost a lot and there are way better weapons out there.

Ok, then I guess it isn't worth it. Any ideas for alternative Great Axes? Im planning of having my character wield a great axe and the Wheel Great Shield (got this one and I can weild it, currently at 30STR)... (mind you, aesthetics is a big factor for me)
jpin26

Postby Asher » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:10 am

Honestly, I've been loving my Great Axe +10. Right now I'm debating if I want to turn it into a Great Axe +15 (when I get the ember) or a lightning one. The Black Knight's Great Axe looks pretty cool, but the move set is wierd as hell.
Shiny, lets be bad guys!
Asher

Postby jpin26 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:01 pm

Asher wrote:Honestly, I've been loving my Great Axe +10. Right now I'm debating if I want to turn it into a Great Axe +15 (when I get the ember) or a lightning one. The Black Knight's Great Axe looks pretty cool, but the move set is wierd as hell.

Sigh, I guess I'll just have to settle with the Great Axe as well. I was hoping that there are other special Great Axes (misses Dozer axe). I'll see if I can get that BK GAxe. But so far, I've only fought 1 BK wielding a GAxe.
jpin26

Postby ethicsg » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:53 am

The Black Knight great Axe kicks f'n ass. At 50 str I am doing like 410 dmg. With the crystal shield doing some 710 dmg. I love it. The two hand big hit is like a golf tee, but you can knock mobs flying. It is hard to back stab with but I get the snake men all the time. I usually run now with Havel's Armor and shield and this axe, it is tank-a-licous. In DS I was always katana dex and I am loving the switch.
ethicsg

Postby schallmau3r » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:48 am

What other grat weapons are usefull? Id like to build a STR Char too. Dragon Great Sword looks nice or the great Sword. Really can't deceide if a pure STR build is worth the time.
schallmau3r

Postby tuanie » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:40 am

I'm also having this problem, I just got the dragon GS. my str is at 50 and is still pretty slow. I love GS but still debating if is worth it to upgrade the dragon DS. or should i just get other GS and make lighting out of it :/
tuanie

Postby Anorack » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:32 pm

You can also make the Golem Axe. Made from a +10 Axe (not sure if it has to be a Great Axe or any Axe) and the Iron Golem Core (Iron Golem's soul).
“Be wary of strong drink, it can make you shoot at the tax collector...and miss.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
Anorack

Postby mmghouse » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:05 pm

I think even after the patch the Dragon Great Sword is not going to be worth the investment. At 50 Str, you might as well go with: Man Serpent Great Sword, Demon Machete and Demon Great Axe. Dragon King is cool, too.
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby tuanie » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:55 pm

mmghouse wrote:I think even after the patch the Dragon Great Sword is not going to be worth the investment. At 50 Str, you might as well go with: Man Serpent Great Sword, Demon Machete and Demon Great Axe. Dragon King is cool, too.

what is so special about the man serpent gs?
is it worth upgrading the dragon king then? i heard the damage is crazy at +5
tuanie

Postby mmghouse » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:40 pm

I'd say, yeah, it's still worth it. It's just not the end-all be-all for Str. Builds.
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Return to Items