First character build.

Post your builds up here! You can also discuss the various characters and enemies of Lordran!

First character build.

Postby ShrubWookie » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:41 pm

So I just recently started playing Dark Souls and immediately fell in love with the game. I have already completed NG and am back in Anor Londo on NG+ and I am curious as to what people have to say about my current build. I wasn't planning on going into PvP originally although the thought has crossed my mind. If I did want to get into PvP would I be better off starting a new character or could I still use this one?

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=375624881336386489

Thanks for any advice given.
ShrubWookie

PSN Name: Xbox: ShrubWookie

Advertisement

Re: First character build.

Postby Soul Remains » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:03 pm

It could work but Vit is a bit too low plus some wasted points. I'd probably make a new character for pvp.
The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago.
Soul Remains

Postby M3mnoch_1987 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:04 pm

Quick and easy answer would be to start again. Now you know the game relatively well (atleast enough to know where to go and what gear to get) it should be a lot easier. For PvP purposes the deprived is a terrible choice to go with. Coupled with the fact that you only have 27 Vit you are a walking one hit glass cannon.

Unless you plan on using Spells / Pyros / Miracles there is no need to go above 40 dex. 45 is the cut off point for casting speed however I generally made do with the minimum required to wield the weapon.

Your choice of weapons (IMO) is poor. You should go with the chaos blade over the both of the two that you have equipped here.

No RoFaP? Im assuming you haven't picked this up as that ring is a must on ALL builds (unless you severally pump up your END so as to negate the effects but even so I still say it is a must).

I will let others tell you about poise (this isn't an important factor for me personally - I generally play between 0 and 9 (thorns gauntlets)

I will post more maybe later on / tomorrow as im in work and just about to head home - Im sure there will be more people to give you some advice shortly - however I would seriously recommend re-rolling your character.
AM180 wrote: cant be bothered to go into this for the millionth time or even punctuate my response

Slim Cini wrote:I have a complaint... how can the guy in the wheelchair get to all those different locations without suitable ramps and wheelchair access?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCTQGmv3U5t3U93ynh6UHSTQ
M3mnoch_1987

PSN Name: Main: M3mn0ch_1987 - Alt: YourUglyGranny - Alt2: MemIsAno0B

Postby ShrubWookie » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:56 pm

Thanks for the advice and i kind of assumed if I wanted to get into PvP i would have to start over I just wanted confirmation. When i first started playing my intent was PvE only and this build worked for that purpose but PvE kinda losses its spark after awhile. I am curious to hear what a good VIT level would be though. I thought that mine was decent but after getting invaded and killed in 3-4 hits I changed my mind rather quickly. Thanks again for the input.
ShrubWookie

PSN Name: Xbox: ShrubWookie

Postby Soul Remains » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:05 pm

For most builds at least 50 Vit and Ring of Favor and Protection.
The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago.
Soul Remains

Return to Character Builds, NPCs and Enemies