suggestions pls

Post your builds up here! You can also discuss the various characters and enemies of Lordran!

suggestions pls

Postby jlmusgraves » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:23 pm

Ok so I want a pyro/knight build...or something like it. I basically want to melee with a bit of spells. And I want tow sword n board not 2h. Can u give me suggestions on build and stats and what weapons and armor . Also which path to upgrade weapons. Pls give y our reasoning behind ur choices. I know this is alot lol. Thanks guys.
jlmusgraves

Advertisement

Re: suggestions pls

Postby jlmusgraves » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:37 pm

no one has advice for me?
jlmusgraves

Re: suggestions pls

Postby Gorbad » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:50 pm

Before even reading your topic, and merely your second post on this topic, I can answer it simply: Your topic title doesn't describe the topic well enough. "suggestions please" in the Charcter Builds & NPCs section could mean anything. Any character build, any NPC, any situation.

The second reason is the constantly new topics coming up, competing for attention with your thread. To make sure more people read it, and thus more people can help you, follow advice number one: Describe the problem as shortly and well in the title as possible.

Now, I'm not going to comment on the language usage, as that should speak for itself, and instead I'll go right to your question.

A pyro/melee character is very possible indeed in Dark Souls. However, what soul-level do you aim for? PvE or PvP purposes? Have you beaten the game already, or looking for advice on your first character?

Without knowing the answer to those questions, I can help you a bit: Pyromancy doesn't seem to scale at all with stats, and of such, all you need is enough attunement, and a pyromancy glove, and you can cast them. A pyro glove isn't found very early in the game (not on a starting class I know of at least) and that means you'll have to go pure melee until you find pyromancies.
Pyromancies range from utility (buffs, such as fire-resistance or iron flesh etc), to offensive. Some of them have very few uses, and are only to be used to overcome very great challenges. Otherwise you'll run out of spell usages long before reaching a boss.

A knight type of character will want at least 10-12 dexterity, and 10-16 strength, to use swords and basic shields. More health and endurance is always nice, and I've personally found vitality (equip-burden increase) to be quite useful up to 29. Since you'll (probably) be keeping your stats quite low in terms of dexterity and strength, I would upgrade my weapons to the RAW path, and use one-time buffs as much as possible.

Hope this helps. Have a nice time playing DkS2!
"There is Always a Greater Power"

Gorbad

Return to Character Builds, NPCs and Enemies