Oroboro's SL 125 PvP Builds *Updated for 1.06*

Post your builds up here! You can also discuss the various characters and enemies of Lordran!

Oroboro's SL 125 PvP Builds *Updated for 1.06*

Postby Oroboro » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:46 pm

I decided to make a thread dedicated to all of the builds I create, since I am obsessed with creating them. These will all stop at SL125 for PvP purposes. Most of these builds prioritize diversity, so you can have a huge variety of weapons to use with each.
I have three sections for my builds now, builds that don't use buffs, builds that use buffs (Darkmoon Blade/Sunlight Blade/Crystal Magic Weapon), and builds that are specialized around a specific purpose.
For most of the builds I don't give equipment suggestions because you can really use whatever equipment you want. Also because it is dependent on which weapons you use so if you switch weapons you have to switch equipment as well. Just be sure to get enough poise to tank some hits with the poise breaks: 31/53/76.
*UPDATED FOR 1.06*

NON-BUFF BUILDS

~STR~
Description: A standard strength build that focuses on having lots of endurance for large poise sets to make up for the weight of the heavy weapons. Grabs 18 dexterity for the black knight weapons.
Starting Class: Warrior / Bandit / Hunter
-STATS-
VIT: 50
ATT: 10
END: 60
STR: 40
DEX: 18
-Weapons
Demon Great Machete +15 / Dragon Greatsword +5 / Black Knight Greatsword +5 / Demon's Greataxe +15 / Dragon King Greataxe +5 / Black Knight Greataxe +5 / Demon's Great Hammer +15 / Smough's Hammer +5 / Dragon Tooth +5
-Spells
Black Flame

~DEX~

Description: Standard dexterity build. I took 19 attunement for 5 extra pyromancies and went 45 dexterity for faster castings.
Starting Class: Pyromancer
-STATS-
ATT: 16
END: 51
STR: 16
DEX: 45
-Weapons
Dagger +15 / Parrying Dagger +15 / Bandit's Knife +15 / Priscilla's Dagger +5 / Balder Side Sword +15 / Scimitar +15 / Falchion +15 / Painting Guardian Sword +15 / Quelaag's Furysword +5 / Uchigatana +15 / Iaito +15 / Mail Breaker +15 / Rapier +15 / Estoc +15 / Ricard's Rapier +15 / Gargoyle Tail Axe +15 / Spear +15 / Winged Spear +15 / Partizan +15 / Pike +15 / Scythe +15 / Great Scythe +15 / Whip +15 / Notched Whip +15 / Claw +15 / Darkmoon Bow +5 / Pyromancy Flame (Strong) +5
-Spells
Black Flame / Great Fireball / Fire Tempest / Fire Surge

~INT~
Description: Standard intellect build. Use Logan's Catalyst for more casts and use Tin Crystallization for more damage.
Starting Class: Wanderer / Pyromancer
-STATS-
END: 40
DEX: 16
INT: 50
-Weapons
Moonlight Greatsword +5 /Channeler's Trident +5 / Moonlight Butterfly Horn +5 / Velka's Rapier +5 / Titanite Catch Pole +5 / Pyromancy Flame (Strong) +5 / Logan's Catalyst / Tin Crystallization Catalyst
-Spells
Homing Crystal Soulmass / Crystal Soul Spear / Pursuers / Dark Bead / Chameleon / Black Flame

~Faith~
Description: This build takes advantage of the Obsidian Greatsword's low stat requirements(20 str and 16 dex), divine weapons, and the Cresent Axe. Using the Crown of Dusk/Ring of the Sun's Firstborn for max damage Wrath of the Gods can be deadly. We grab 50 faith for max damage DMB for insane damage on top of the 480 pure physical AR the Obsidian Greatsword already has. This build is categorized under non-buff builds because you can use divine weapons effectively as well as the Obsidian Greatsword buffed.
Starting Class: Bandit / Cleric
-STATS-
VIT: 46
STR: 20
FAI: 50
-Weapons
Obsidian Greatsword +5 / Crescent Axe +15 / Anything enchanted with divine
-Spells
Darkmoon Blade / Sunlight Blade / Wrath of the Gods / Emit Force / Great Heal / Great Magic Barrier / Tranquil Walk of Peace / Black Flame

~Quality~
Description: This build takes both STR and DEX to use some weapons that use both scaling efficiently. This build is probably the most versatile build just because you can literally use any weapon with full damage aside from 1h str weapons. Absolute best build for beginners but it's also great with veterans as well.
-STATS-
END: 50
STR: 28
DEX: 40
-Weapons
Claymore +15 / Stone Greatsword +5 / Great Lord Greatsword +5 / Greatsword +15 / Zweihander +15 / Murakumo +15 / Washing Pole +15 / Pike +15 / Demon's Spear +5 / Halberd +15 / Lucerne +15 / Gargoyle's Halberd +15 / Giant's Halberd +5 / Titanite Catch Pole +5 / Black Knight Halberd +5 / Demon Great Machete +15 / Dragonslayer Greatbow +5
-Spells
Black Flame

~VIT~
Description: This build uses a giant range of elemental weapons that don't require any points for their max damages, so you can put all of your points into vitality and endurance. Please note that elemental weapons have been nerfed in the recent 1.06 patch. With pyromancies not scaling with anything they will be a huge source of your damage so that's why I take the 16 attunement for 4 slots. Power Within is very strong with this build as well because even though it's percentage based you will have more health throughout the fight so you will be able to take more hits. This build is still pretty solid if you can deal with the low damage output because your health is insane. With the Mask of the Mother and the Ring of Favor and Divine Protection you can get up to 2444 HP with this build.
Starting Class: Pyromancer
-STATS-
VIT: 92
DEX: 14
-Weapons
Anything enchanted with +5 lightning/+10 fire/+5 chaos / Pyromancy Flame (Strong) +5
-Spells
Power Within / Black Flame

BUFF BUILDS

~STR FAI~
Description: A strength/faith hybrid that utilizes DMB +3 to almost full potential. Does insane amounts of damage by 2h STR weapons with the DMB buff.
Starting Class: Cleric
-STATS-
STR: 27
FAI: 47
-Weapons
Man-serpent Greatsword +15 / Demon Great Machete +15 / Butcher Knife +15 / Demon's Greataxe +15 / Dragon King Greataxe +5 / Club +15 / Reinforced Club +15 / Mace +15 / Morning Star +15 / Pickaxe +15 / Blacksmith Hammer+15 / Great Club +15 / Dragon Tooth +5 / Large Club +15 / Dragon Bone Fist +5 / Pyromancy Flame (Strong) +5 / Canvas Talisman
-2h Only Weapons
Man-serpent Greatsword +15 / Demon Great Machete +15 / Butcher Knife +15 / Club +15 / Mace +15 / Pickaxe +15 / Great Club +15 / Dragon Tooth +5 / Large Club +15
-Spells
Darkmoon Blade / Sunlight Blade / Wrath of the Gods / Black Flame

~DEX FAI~
Description: The original Brandon505/Oroboro build. Made back when Dark Souls was brand spankin new. Probably the reason you are here. This build is probably the most deadly of all my builds in my opinion and many people consider this build to be overpowered/cheating, but they can deal. This build grabs 50 VIT for the best stat returns for health and 16 attunement for 4 slots. I usually rock DMB+3, SLB, and 2 WoG's with this build. You can use 3 WoG's if you are dueling and only buffing once. I use the Falchion +15 with this build but it is deadly with any dexterity weapon. The reason the falchion is so strong is because it counters any backstabs attempts and you cannot be chain-backstabed if you are 2h your falchion while you get backstabbed. You can usually stunlock most players in 2-3 swings which come out extremely fast and do insane amounts of damage. This build was literally made to kill multiple players but you can use it in duels as well and dominate. Be careful of your counters when using this build with the falchion: spears, parries, and other falchions. Good luck and have fun with this build, I know I have. *Note: If you want to use buffed katanas 1h moveset, be sure to add in 16 STR and lower ATT/END.
Starting Class: Bandit / Cleric
-STATS-
FAI: 30
-Weapons
Dagger +15 / Parrying Dagger +15 / Bandit's Knife +15 / Priscilla's Dagger +5 / Balder Side Sword +15 / Scimitar +15 / Falchion +15 / Painting Guardian Sword +15 / Quelaag's Furysword +5 / Uchigatana +15 / Iaito +15 / Mail Breaker +15 / Rapier +15 / Estoc +15 / Ricard's Rapier +15 / Gargoyle Tail Axe +15 / Spear +15 / Winged Spear +15 / Partizan +15 / Pike +15 / Scythe +15 / Great Scythe +15 / Whip +15 / Notched Whip +15 / Claw +15 / Darkmoon Bow +5 / Pyromancy Flame (Strong) +5 / Canvas Talisman
-Spells
Darkmoon Blade / Sunlight Blade / Wrath of the Gods / Black Flame

~DEX INT~
Description: This build is the int version of the dex/faith hybrid build above. You get a little less powerful of a buff but you gain access to Dark Magic and many other spells. Definitely a really amazing build.
Starting Class: Wanderer
-STATS-
STR: 10
INT: 32
-Weapons
Dagger +15 / Parrying Dagger +15 / Bandit's Knife +15 / Priscilla's Dagger +5 / Balder Side Sword +15 / Scimitar +15 / Falchion +15 / Painting Guardian Sword +15 / Quelaag's Furysword +5 / Uchigatana +15 / Iaito +15 / Mail Breaker +15 / Rapier +15 / Estoc +15 / Ricard's Rapier +15 / Gargoyle Tail Axe +15 / Spear +15 / Winged Spear +15 / Partizan +15 / Pike +15 / Scythe +15 / Great Scythe +15 / Whip +15 / Notched Whip +15 / Claw +15 / Darkmoon Bow +5 / Pyromancy Flame (Strong) +5 / Izalith Catalyst / Sorcerer's Catalyst Tin Crystalization Catalyst
-Spells
Crystal Magic Weapon / Dark Bead / Pursuers / Black Flame

~Quality FAI~
Description: A quality build that uses DMB. This build can buff some of the more unique weapons making them extremely dangerous. My personal favorites with this build are the Washing Pole, Pike, Zweihander, and Murakumo.
-STATS-
VIT: 34
FAI: 30
-Weapons
Claymore +15 / Stone Greatsword +5 / Great Lord Greatsword +5 / Greatsword +15 / Zweihander +15 / Murakumo +15 / Washing Pole +15 / Pike +15 / Demon's Spear +5 / Halberd +15 / Lucerne +15 / Gargoyle's Halberd +15 / Giant's Halberd +5 / Titanite Catch Pole +5 / Black Knight Halberd +5 / Demon Great Machete +15 / Dragonslayer Greatbow +5 / Canvas Talisman
-Spells
Black Flame / Wrath of the Gods / Darkmoon Blade / Sunlight Blade

SPECIALIZED BUILDS

~Grant~
Description: A build based around the Grant. Grant is one of the strongest hitting non-buffed scaling weapons in the game and you can achieve that with this build. It's extremely powerful in the right hands.
-STATS-
STR: 34
FAI: 40
-Weapons
Grant +5 / Darkmoon Talisman
-Spells
Wrath of the Gods / Black Flame

~Dragonslayer Spear~
Description: This build uses the Dragonslayer Spear and sacrifices a small amount of damage for max scaling VIT. The Dragonslayer Spear has one of the longest ranges in the game and is also one of the hardest hitting, making it one of the best spears.
Starting Class: Bandit
-STATS-
STR: 24
FAI: 24
-Weapons
Dragonslayer Spear +5
-Spells
Black Flame / Replenishment

~Abyss Greatsword~
Description: The seriously awesome Artorias build. The Abyss Greatsword does amazing damage with this build, giving it a whomping 516 pure physical AR with the 1h moveset and 564 with the 2h.
Starting Class: Warrior / Bandit
-STATS-
VIT: 45
STR: 27
INT: 18
FAI: 18
-Weapons
Abyss Greatsword +5 / Dark Hand

~Obsidian Greatsword~
Description: This build is similar to the Faith build listed in that it uses the Obsidian Greatsword but this is a VIT gouged version of it which can get to ridiculous amounts of vitality. I actually min-maxed the shit out of this build and it gets kind of ridiculous. This is one of the only builds I will recommend you equipment, although again you can use whatever you'd like. 61 poise and 2424 HP with the full 480 physical AR of the obsidian greatsword is just insane. This build is definitely worth a slot.
-STATS-
VIT: 90
END: 44
-Weapons
Obsidian Greatsword +5 / Grass Crest Shield +15
-Equipment
Mask of the Mother / Havel's Armor / Iron Bracelet / Hollow Soldier Waistcloth / Havel's Ring / Ring of Favor and Divine Protection

~Murakumo/Washing Pole~
Description: This build is based around 2 handing the Murakumo with maximum damage scaling. Because of how heavy the Murakumo is we have to grab some endurance to get enough armor for poise. You can also use the Washing Pole with this build.
-STATS-
END: 60
-Weapons
Murakumo +15 / Grass Crest Shield +15 / Washing Pole +15

~Seppuku~
Description: This build is probably the most complex build in Dark Souls. I know that is a bold statement, but here's how it works. First of all, you need to be cursed for this build to work. After you are cursed you need to have the Dusk Crown Ring equipped and the Red Tearstone Ring equipped. Then you need some Dung Pies and Blooming Purple Moss Clumps. Throw your dung pies to toxic yourself then wait until you get red tearstone range and heal it immediately with the moss clump. Now because you are cursed the only way you can invade is through the forest covenant. Join the forest covenant and get the Cat Covenant Ring. Then use the dung pie trick to get low hp for red tearstone range and you will be able to invade with low hp. Just swap out the red tearstone ring for the cat covenant ring and switch back when you get an invasion. Now use power within and buff any weapons you have equipped before switching to your Sanctus. If done correctly, your hp should be mostly stable enough for you to survive the power within and still have red tearstone active at all times. The reason this build works is because of the amount of low hp you can get from low VIT, being cursed, and the dusk crown ring. It gives you a low enough amount of total hp so that the 2hp per 2 seconds from the Sanctus shield can counteract the 1% of your total hp per second from power within.
With this build you will have a 300+ damage buff from Sunlight Blade, ALL damage increased by 110% from red tearstone ring and power within (50% + 40% summative), and stamina regeneration from Power Within. You can use almost every single weapon in the game with maximum damage, although I recommend the Pike and WoG's to be safe. You will die in one hit to ANYTHING. You will also do insane amounts of damage. This build is not for the light-hearted. You have been warned.
-STATS-
VIT: 11
ATT: 19
-Weapons
Pike +15 / Sanctus +15 / Pyromancy Flame (Strong) +5 / Darkmoon Talisman
-Spells
Power Within / Wrath of the Gods
-Equipment
Dusk Crown Ring / Red Tearstone Ring / Cat Covenant Ring

~Pure Pyromancer~
Description: Pure pyro that can also use dex weapons to full effectiveness. Does TONS OF DAMAGE with pyromancies and they have faster casting thanks to 45 dex. I grab 28 attunement for 7 slots for pyromancies so you never run out.
Starting Class: Wanderer
-STATS-
VIT: 49
ATT: 28
DEX: 45
-Weapons
Pyromancy Flame (Strong) +5 / Dark Hand
-Spells
Great Combustion / Great Fireball / Fire Tempest / Fire Surge
-Equipment
Crown of Dusk / Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring / Darkwood Grain Ring

~Wrath of the Gods~
Description: 1k damage WoGs ggnore
-STATS-
VIT: 51
ATT: 23
DEX: 12
-Weapons
Chaos Rapier +5 / Grass Crest Shield +15 / Pyromancy Flame (Strong) +5
-Spells
Wrath of the Gods / Power Within
-Equipment
Crown of Dusk / Giants Armor / Antiquated Gloves / Hollow Soldier Waistcloth / Ring of the Sun's Firstborn / Ring of Favor and Divine Protection

~Critical~
Description: This build is mean. Has some of the most damaging backstabs in the game with 50 VIT and 56 poise to tank through a running r1 greatsword hit. You can use power within to boost your backstab damage even more if you want to ensure the kill or if you think you're confident enough to get the backstab before PW kills you.
Starting Class: Bandit
-STATS-
VIT: 55
END: 64
STR: 40
-Weapons
Great Club +15 / Grass Crest Shield +15 / Pyromancy Flame (Strong) +5
-Spells
Power Within / Black Flame
-Equipment
Mask of the Mother / Havel's Armor / Eastern Gauntlets / Hollow Soldier Waistcloth / Havel's Ring / Hornet Ring
*DECEPTION VERSION*
Description: This build relies on people seeing you with the gold hemmed and drake sword and underestimating you. What you do is basically block until you get a setup parry, then when you finally do pull out the great club for an insane damage riposte. It's more efficient for this build to use fap ring instead of havel's because the points from END gives us more hp than points in VIT would, not to mention it gives us a small stamina boost as well. We need to pick between the rings because one of them will have to be the hornet ring. You are going to have to rock 0 poise so you have to be extremely careful and land your parry.
-Weapons
Drake Sword +5 / Great Club +15 / Grass Crest Shield +15
-Equipment
Gold-Hemmed Set / Ring of Favor and Divine Protection / Hornet Ring
Last edited by Oroboro on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 154 times in total.
Oroboro

PSN Name: Oroboro

Advertisement

Re: Oroboro's PvP Builds

Postby Gorbad » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Pure strength build: I'd up dex to 18. The Black Knight Greataxe is simply an amazing piece of weaponry.
"There is Always a Greater Power"

Gorbad

Postby Oroboro » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:34 pm

Gorbad wrote:Pure strength build: I'd up dex to 18. The Black Knight Greataxe is simply an amazing piece of weaponry.

Thanks for that, completely went over my head. Updated the build a bit to be able to wield it.
Oroboro

Postby theganksquad » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:11 am

Hey Brandon, I'm using the lightning Uchi +5, what else should I use in your opinion as a back up?
Also, do you think 120 will be standard for this game? My highest is 100 right now but I became suspicious when I killed a guy at level 80 who had almost 900k souls, should I have stuck at 80?
theganksquad

PSN Name: MarchOn

Postby Astro_Train » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:23 am

I might have to build each of these as I want to see the difference of how each plays... I gotta say that unlike Demons Souls... the Pyromancies add another element to Dark Souls as almost any build can use them. Thanks for posting.
NA PSN= AztroTrain
Demons Souls Toons= SL 124 Faith Build SL 125 Quality Build SL 124 BBS Build
Dark Souls Toons= SL 125 Dex/Faith SL 100 STR/Faith
Astro_Train

Postby Oroboro » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:02 pm

theganksquad wrote:Hey Brandon, I'm using the lightning Uchi +5, what else should I use in your opinion as a back up?
Also, do you think 120 will be standard for this game? My highest is 100 right now but I became suspicious when I killed a guy at level 80 who had almost 900k souls, should I have stuck at 80?

If you are using the Uchi then use the shotel as backup. Also 120 is standard for PvP yeah, you should get alot of action there.
Oroboro

Postby Xploit » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:29 pm

Can you post your new Washing Pole build?
Xploit

Re: Oroboro's SL 120 PvP Builds *Updated for 1.05*

Postby Oroboro » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:51 pm

Updated the builds, most of them are cookie cutter builds but they are still helpful. I am going to add more information/weapons in the builds soon, and try to make some more unique builds.
Oroboro

Postby Atlas » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:01 am

I'll ask this here as well;

Currently doing 16 Str/12 Dex Vit Gouge, is the Avelyn worth upping Dex to 14 for?
Atlas

Postby Oroboro » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:10 am

Atlas wrote:I'll ask this here as well;

Currently doing 16 Str/12 Dex Vit Gouge, is the Avelyn worth upping Dex to 14 for?

its decent but it has a very very long reload time, just asking for a backstab. there are better wakeups. but 14 dex is also good for a shotel backup for turtles.
Oroboro

Postby Thaumogenesis » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:54 am

I recommend cutting 10 points in Endurance for the Dex Builds and pump them into vita. Imo anything below 50 Vit is kinda low, but i'd definitely not go below 40.
Thaumogenesis

Postby Atlas » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:52 am

I saw a really interesting build, 20 Str 18 Dex Vit gouge Washing Pole 1h Avelyn offhand - I thought that was really cool.
Atlas

Postby Oroboro » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:09 am

Thaumogenesis wrote:I recommend cutting 10 points in Endurance for the Dex Builds and pump them into vita. Imo anything below 50 Vit is kinda low, but i'd definitely not go below 40.

I agree, and I'm going to try to change out the builds a bit, probably faith into VIT because 50 extra damage per swing and wrath of god damage isn't worth those extra 200-300 hit points for survivability.

EDIT: Changed alot of the builds around, most of them have alot more survivability compared to a few extra AR.
Oroboro

Postby ValkyriePROfail » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:14 am

I find 28 str / 50 fth a much more optimized STR DMB since almost every str weapon shines at 2 handling. I miss "Quali" builds (28str / 40dex) and dex cmw and dmb specially.

Great stuff though Brandon.
"[]" {[]} {[]} []_
ValkyriePROfail

PSN Name: PSN1: ValkyriePROfail PSN2: ShyValkyrie PSN3: ValkyTalky

Postby Oroboro » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:23 am

ValkyriePROfail wrote:I find 28 str / 50 fth a much more optimized STR DMB since almost every str weapon shines at 2 handling. I miss "Quali" builds (28str / 40dex) and dex cmw and dmb specially.

Great stuff though Brandon.

Yeah, that's why I made the demon great machete build at the bottom because I realized that. It's still nice because I like the 1h claymore moveset with the man serpent greatsword alot so 40 str is still helpful. Thanks alot though, I'm still working on some more, specifically the max damage washing pole build at sl120. I can't figure it out.

EDIT: Deleted the DGM build and just made a 2h STR variant of my old build, thanks for the heads up.
Oroboro

Postby JustAndrewGreece » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:40 pm

hi oroboro, i was looking for a bkga build.
please can y tell me your ar damage on the build you post it for 1 hand and 2 hand?
Forgive Me Father As I Have Sinned
JustAndrewGreece

PSN Name: JustAndrewGreece - KOKE27

Postby Oroboro » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:57 pm

JustAndrewGreece wrote:hi oroboro, i was looking for a bkga build.
please can y tell me your ar damage on the build you post it for 1 hand and 2 hand?

1h AR: 609
2h AR: 625
Oroboro

Postby JustAndrewGreece » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:17 am

Oroboro wrote:
JustAndrewGreece wrote:hi oroboro, i was looking for a bkga build.

1h AR: 609
2h AR: 625

seems solid, its pure sphysical and the move set is awesome, thank you
Forgive Me Father As I Have Sinned
JustAndrewGreece

PSN Name: JustAndrewGreece - KOKE27

Postby sethp » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:05 pm

Some more build thoughts:

BKGA: I'm really not feeling this build, winning around 70% with it (which is pretty awful considering I didn't lose a single 1v1 in all of 1-1.03 time period with vit estoc and doing closer to 95% with DMB Dex style builds). It's more about anyone good should realize that they can't let you hit them and almost any weapon can outplay it. Maybe i'm not fishing for ripostes or maybe I should just go for more backstabs when ahead.

EDIT: @above, DMB falchion is 750 AR (compared to bkga 625) and 10x better moveset with easily triple the attack speed.

Shotel: I used to think of this as a finisher, but lately it's the cause of the very few losses on falchion build. The shield pierce is everything, but there are very few players that, if they don't just die playing awful, will still try and block shotel. It seems to only do 20 damage with R2 against a back roll.

DMB falchion, DMB claymore: Godly stuff, only annoying that if you host, you have to go refresh your 1 charge. Sunlight blade makes a second use of decent weapon buff, but kind of defeats the purpose. Switch in shotel -> anyone with a brain doesn't block you and then you lose your buff too. I think great combustion is the new shotel for this (especially dex). Freeing up the 2.5 weight can give surprising poise too.
sethp

PSN Name: sethp1951

Postby Oroboro » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:37 pm

sethp wrote:Some more build thoughts:

BKGA: I'm really not feeling this build, winning around 70% with it (which is pretty awful considering I didn't lose a single 1v1 in all of 1-1.03 time period with vit estoc and doing closer to 95% with DMB Dex style builds). It's more about anyone good should realize that they can't let you hit them and almost any weapon can outplay it. Maybe i'm not fishing for ripostes or maybe I should just go for more backstabs when ahead.

EDIT: @above, DMB falchion is 750 AR (compared to bkga 625) and 10x better moveset with easily triple the attack speed.

Shotel: I used to think of this as a finisher, but lately it's the cause of the very few losses on falchion build. The shield pierce is everything, but there are very few players that, if they don't just die playing awful, will still try and block shotel. It seems to only do 20 damage with R2 against a back roll.

DMB falchion, DMB claymore: Godly stuff, only annoying that if you host, you have to go refresh your 1 charge. Sunlight blade makes a second use of decent weapon buff, but kind of defeats the purpose. Switch in shotel -> anyone with a brain doesn't block you and then you lose your buff too. I think great combustion is the new shotel for this (especially dex). Freeing up the 2.5 weight can give surprising poise too.

With the BKGA vs the DMB Falchion you have to take note that DMB doesn't last forever, a minute and it is gone, where the BKGA has all of that pure physical AR. Also, the 750 AR from the falchion is also split damage (physical + magic), so the BKGA will do more damage with its pure physical AR. I agree the falchion is beast though, you can kill people in seconds with how fast it swings.
Oroboro

Postby Aoineko13 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:01 pm

With the BKGA 2h only, don't you want 27 str to hit an effective 40 while two handing?

And on the murakumo, you might look into 40 dex, the scaling on that weapon is quite impressive... a stat hog to be sure, but high base damage + high scaling is... yeah.
DeS AN : Aoineko13 : 125 Spellsword, 119 BBS, 140 ToBSwordRedeemed
Blue's DkS Builds: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=15049
"oh its 1 hand, whatever....HOLY FUCK WHERES MY SC???" - Kabralius
Aoineko13

PSN Name: Aoineko13

Postby Oroboro » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:18 am

Aoineko13 wrote:With the BKGA 2h only, don't you want 27 str to hit an effective 40 while two handing?

And on the murakumo, you might look into 40 dex, the scaling on that weapon is quite impressive... a stat hog to be sure, but high base damage + high scaling is... yeah.

Your right, nice catch on that. I must of missed that, although that's pretty huge. Get around 30 more damage for 3 more points. Thanks for the heads up. Also changed the Murakumo build around, not sure what I was doing on that one.
Oroboro

Postby Aoineko13 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:45 am

dex dmb - flamberg can be one handed at 16 str, zwei would require two handing at 16 str.

faith - 18 str for the crecent axe. It's a bit under powered, to be sure, but it's reach makes it useful anyway.

grant - if you start as a cleric instead of a bandit, there is net difference of 1 point going from 10 att to 12. Also, I vote 40 vit, 50 fait on the 2h only version.

Grt.swd.atr. - I'm not sure this weapon deserves a build dedicated to it (or the drag.slay.spear), but if you're going to make one, I'd stick to a two hand only use of it and take points out of str to put somewhere else to maximaze it's scaling. Yeah, I get that 34 str lets you use the shield as well, but there are other shields that work well too.
DeS AN : Aoineko13 : 125 Spellsword, 119 BBS, 140 ToBSwordRedeemed
Blue's DkS Builds: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=15049
"oh its 1 hand, whatever....HOLY FUCK WHERES MY SC???" - Kabralius
Aoineko13

PSN Name: Aoineko13

Postby Oroboro » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:31 pm

Aoineko13 wrote:dex dmb - flamberg can be one handed at 16 str, zwei would require two handing at 16 str.

faith - 18 str for the crecent axe. It's a bit under powered, to be sure, but it's reach makes it useful anyway.

grant - if you start as a cleric instead of a bandit, there is net difference of 1 point going from 10 att to 12. Also, I vote 40 vit, 50 fait on the 2h only version.

Grt.swd.atr. - I'm not sure this weapon deserves a build dedicated to it (or the drag.slay.spear), but if you're going to make one, I'd stick to a two hand only use of it and take points out of str to put somewhere else to maximaze it's scaling. Yeah, I get that 34 str lets you use the shield as well, but there are other shields that work well too.

Why grab 50 faith on the grant build? More WoG damage?
Oroboro

Postby Depraved » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:35 am

really interested to your INT Build
right now i have STR 16 & DEX 14 (INT 44)
still thinking to get Velka Rapier (2 Point Investment on DEX)
btw Is Velka's rapier any good?

thanks
Depraved

Postby Oroboro » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 am

Depraved wrote:really interested to your INT Build
right now i have STR 16 & DEX 14 (INT 44)
still thinking to get Velka Rapier (2 Point Investment on DEX)
btw Is Velka's rapier any good?

thanks

Velka's rapier IMO sucks compared to any other rapier, but you can give it a whirl.
Oroboro

Re: Oroboro's SL 125 PvP Builds *Updated for 1.06*

Postby Oroboro » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:56 am

Finally got the time to update these builds. They are all extremely powerful and IMO the best of their kind. Please feel free to comment and I hope they help you out. Praise the sun!
Oroboro

Postby Invellous » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:10 am

Hello, I have recently been playing a Darkmoon Blade Dex/Faith character, which thus far has been a lot of fun. However I was wondering if it was really worth my time going passed SL 125 to raise my Faith to 50 instead of leaving it at 30 and boosting Vitality to 50. I do not spam Wrath of Gods; often I only use it when someone is around a corner trying to heal, or when I have multiple players trying to surround me. I also do not equip any spell boosting items. I generally run the gear in the following build below.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/

Personally I feel like I would have been better off taking Vitality to 50 instead of taking Faith to 50. There have been fights where the extra 210 HP would have helped me more in close fights. I was curious if those 20 points spent had a significant effect on my Darkmoon Blade and Sunlight Blade miracles?
Invellous

Postby mmghouse » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:51 am

Looking good.

I have a couple of questions about Str: (1) 18 dex? Now that BKGaxe got a nerf, I wonder whether this is worth it. (2) What do you do with that much end, exactly? 61 poise? 76? I'd think 61 might not be a bad idea, but 76 seems unnecessary. I'm curious what armor loadout you had in mind...At any rate, sadly, I tend to believe that, pound-for-pound, large club/great club are the only str weapons worth the time, maybe MLGS although it's outclassed by a quality build...

I also wanted to mention that I liked OBGS for a little while, and the AoE is fun (but predictable), but the weapon is mid-tier at best with its stubbiness and slowness. I'd rather go with MLGS any day, or just plain old Clay. Not that you shouldn't make builds around it, but I think a 16/14...50 faith build with divine clay/bss/uchi/zweihander outperforms it. (Clay + BSS is a nice setup).

In line with my questions about the endurance, I haven't been able to convince myself that post-DWGR nerf anything better than wolf+dingy/knight/hsw is worth it if I have to go much over 40. What makes you think differently? I guess 61 is nice, especially with the 60 poise BF and the 2h Gold-tracer prevalence, but is there something else to your view? I guess since we didn't see the armor loadouts, I am just wondering.
PSN mmghouse
mmghouse
Lore Scholar Overlord
Lore Scholar Overlord

PSN Name: mmghouse

Postby Ookami9 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:05 pm

Thanks for sharing your builds, just a few questions:

1) With your that met easily met 16 strength and 22 dexterity, I noticed that silver knight weapons were omitted from the suggested weapons. Was there any particular reason for that?

2) For your Dragon Slayer Spear build, maybe you should redistribute points from vitality and strength to increase dexterity to at least 30. To negate any nicks/cuts/burns/bruises, replinishment would be good miracle to attune while controlling space/zoning. That health regen has saved me so many times...

3) Are opponents less cautious approaching a DMB Obsidian great sword then DMB falchion?
Ookami9

PSN Name: MirageKnight24

Next

Return to Character Builds, NPCs and Enemies